• Breaking News

    Monday, June 17, 2019

    Apple Help My phone is sending messages from my iCloud email instead of my phone number. I looked in the settings. My number is there but greyed out. When I uncheck my email, texts won’t send. Please help.

    Apple Help My phone is sending messages from my iCloud email instead of my phone number. I looked in the settings. My number is there but greyed out. When I uncheck my email, texts won’t send. Please help.


    My phone is sending messages from my iCloud email instead of my phone number. I looked in the settings. My number is there but greyed out. When I uncheck my email, texts won’t send. Please help.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    Broken Fusion Drive in 2015 iMac

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    My iMac failed the last OS update, when booting into recovery mode I could see the 128GB SSD Partition and a 4GB Partition (nand Flash?) but no 3TB HDD part.

    -Spoke to Apple support who tried a few terminal commands to re link them but they failed. -Tried mounting the SSD, it failed -Finally erased the SSD which made it mountable and then reinstalled the OS. -Now when I boot the Mac to my user account I have 128GB SSD storage and a prompt telling that another drive failed to mount

    Is there anything else I should try or should I assume that the HDD has failed? If it has failed would there be any detrimental affects to just using the SSD portion as the main drive?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MTTHLL
    [link] [comments]

    Dose anyone how to fix my laptop?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    Any way to reduce a configuration profile's permissions?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:20 PM PDT

    I have a configuration profile on my phone, that I don't necessarily want removed, I just want to get rid of some of the permissions/restrictions it has. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Flapjack6260
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted ~Library/Messages folder.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    I inadvertently deleted everything in ~Library/Messages on my macbook. My iCloud was full and there were messages from 2015 on there. I did not need them, so I was trying to delete them all (which is impossible in the message app). It worked-all the messages are gone, and I do not want them back, but I think I deleted some important things that map the messages to that folder. I can still use iMessage, but the messages delete as quickly as they are sent.

    I've promised myself that I will no longer play in ~Library/

    The messages and/or folders are not in the trash, so I can not just pull them back out. I really do not need any of the messages. I am just trying to figure out how to get imessages back up and running.

    submitted by /u/wolfiefrog
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Macbook Pro USB-C 4K bandwidth issues

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    I am interested in buying my first Apple Mac, the 2019 Macbook Pro.

    As I understand from Apple's website, the 4 USB-C ports have support for Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s) as well as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s). I want to use the LG 27UK850-W 4K monitor which supports 4K streaming with only USB C cable and have a hub for USB 3.0 ports.

    1. Will it stream 60 Hz 4K over USB 3.1 Gen 2 or Thunderbolt?

    2. Will the single USB-C cable have the bandwidth to charge the Macbook Pro under work load, and have enough bandwidth for uplink to the USB 3.0 ports in the monitor?

    3. Would it be possible to have a external USB3.0 hard drive attached to the monitor's USB hub, and then a USB-C cable connected to the Macbook/monitor and stream 4K content from the hard drive without lag to the 4K monitor?

    4. Should I just buy a cheaper monitor and a separate USB hub? Would hard drive with USB3.0 connected to USB-C adapter to hub with USB-C to Mac be able to stream smooth 4K video?

    I am confused about lanes and stuff.

    submitted by /u/FastTruth
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast app randomly restarts podcasts

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    This just started yesterday. I will be listening to a podcast and at a random time it will either restart from the start or switch to a different episode. I uninstalled and resinstalled the app. I don't know what else to try other than another app. Any suggestions? I couldn't really find anything on Google about this.

    submitted by /u/iisdmitch
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover files that have been deleted from trash

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Thanks for the help.

    My GF accidentally deleted about 200 Gigs of files from her trash, mostly video files. Its irreplaceable videos from our personal lives.

    This is on a Mackbook Pro, running macOS Mojave(10.14.5).

    I tried using the "Stellar Data Recovery Professional" software to recover the deleted files, but it did not work ( I restarted w Cmd + R and typed csrutil disable in the terminal before scanning).

    I'm not using that computer in question so as to not write over the potential space with those files in it.

    She also has a SSD, which I understand can make recovery more difficult?

    Is there a way to get those files back?

    If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/OGGreenRanger69
    [link] [comments]

    My daughter dropped my Apple TV 4K remote today and broke the glass pretty bad. Is there a replacement front cover I can buy somewhere or do I have to buy and entire new remote?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    Not having any luck searching through eBay. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/toothpastemouth
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to clean reinstall MacOS and it has been stuck for hours.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    Is it possible to replace the backlight on LED Cinema Display 27"?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    I got a really good deal on a 27" LED Cinema Display on eBay, but unfortunately, the backlight on it is consistently dim across the screen--even with brightness turned all the way up and automatic brightness turned off. Is it possible to replace the LED array by itself? I'm aware that I'd need to take apart the panel, but if a replacement array is cheap enough, it would be worth it.

    submitted by /u/westhinksdifferent
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of these u’s. My keyboard keeps typing itself as well and driving me crazy. Latest version OS and 2013 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    Can't change language, some settings reset.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    Out of nowhere, i noticed my macbook's language had changed to spanish, since i live in a spanish speaking country, this would be the default setting, however i want it on english, yet the system settings doesn't allow me. I have noticed that some settings reset, like natural scrolling it's turned on every time i turn on the computer, and the auto-correct turns on. Etc. However not all settings reset, my notifications stay the same, saving energy settings stay the same, and no matter what, i can't seem to put the system in english. This happened out of nowhere! i just turned on the computer and it happened, i had similar problems with the dock resetting and safari, in which i solved by deleting the .plist file and restarting the computer, however i can't seem to find a specific .plist file for settings and the one i tried to delete (named "preferences.plist") didn't work. I'm on a macbook pro 13" early 2011 running OS X Sierra 10.12.6 Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Applehelpme92
    [link] [comments]

    How come iphone 8 retains 4gb of photos after transferring photos into pc storage?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Periodically I attach the iphone to my computer.

    1. In windows explorer, I access the DCIM storage, and I select all existing folders (ex. 133APPLE, 134APPLE, etc).
    2. Then I select "cut."
    3. Then I access the target folder on my hard drive and I select "paste."
    4. Then I confirm the number of photos / amount of data has been transferred from iphone to pc
    5. then I select all photo folders on iphone from windows explorer and select "delete."

    Invariably a few months later I find the same photos that had been cut / pasted / and deleted from the iphone clogging up storage space.

    What is the problem?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bvrcntry_duckhnt
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot delete Desktop and Documents folder on iCloud Drive

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    This is a very particular issue but I can't seem to solve it. I've decided recently to go iPad only since I have another work laptop and was hardly using my computer anymore. I sold it but seemed to have forgotten to uncheck "Store Documents and Folders in iCloud" before I did. Now I am trying to delete the folders on my iPad through files but every time I do they just come back. Does anyone else have a solution.

    submitted by /u/MixedBusiness
    [link] [comments]

    Beatsx flash 3 times

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Recently my beatsx stopped working. They randomly disconnect from my phone and turn off and when i try to turn them back on theres a white light that flashes 3 times and then it stops and i cant turn them back on. I am 100% sure that they are fully charged. Does anyone know whats wrong?

    submitted by /u/Cerealkiller1069
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud storage purchased by itself

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    Hi all, I was on a plane on my way to saint Louis, and when I landed i got a notification saying that I had purchased 200GB of iCloud storage. Of course, I did not do this. It says it was purchased from my iphone and I have no option to report a problem. I was using the free tier of iCloud storage before this, because frankly i could not care less if my phone doesn't backup. What's going on? Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bosox027
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find what's taking up "System Storage" on MacBook. No TM snapshots, Omnidisk doesn't show anything. I'm at a loss.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    I'm trying to free up some space on a 128GB Macbook Air.

    Something I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/ty04
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 4th generation charger?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    I have an iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi from the year 2012, its model number is A1458 and I need a new charger. However, what confuses me is that all iPads have a lighting connector yet the new connectors are not adaptable with my iPad. I am not sure where to get a new charger and how to ensure that it will work, as I've already bought many which did not fit my version...

    submitted by /u/R8YMER
    [link] [comments]

    I cant seem to boot my Macbook Pro in normal Recovery Mode, it just goes straight to Internet Recovery.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Yea, so the title explains my problem pretty much.

    My MBP is from 2011 ( I believe ). There's been an issue with it not wantint to boot up at all, so I decided to erase everything and do a clean install of Mac OS.

    Now, since there is something wrong with the Lion installation ( I just get a "there is an error preparing the install, try later"), I want to try normal recovery. But I cant find it at all. But one time a couple of days, I think I did manage to boot it it normal recovery mode. But I cant seem to get back to it.

    Basically, whether I'm holding down CMD + "R", or alt + CMD + "R", i just goes to Internet recovery. SHIFT + alt + CMD + "R", doesnt even seem to do anything.

    Has anyone run into this issue before?

    Appreciate any answers. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/WayneJoker
    [link] [comments]

    Under subscription on the app store it isn't allowing me to scroll in order to cancel the subscription. Is there any way of fixing this?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    S.M.A.R.T. Status Failing

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    I have a late 2012 iMac. I went to the disk utility at the boot screen after it not being able to boot up into MacOS. I checked and it says "S.M.A.R.T. Status: Failing" and that the drive can't be repaired and for it to be replaced. I was looking around for solutions and I can barely find one that is good enough by itself. From what I gathered it seems that I should get a new hard drive, install MacOS on it, boot up MacOS and transfer all the files from the original hard drive to the new one. I don't know if this will work so I just had to ask

    submitted by /u/BigPusha
    [link] [comments]

    Mechanical Keyboard Doesn't Work on Wake

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    I have a late 2014 Macbook Pro 13" with an external mechanical keyboard. When I wake my laptop via a keypress on my keyboard, it sometimes (About 30% of the time), will not register any presses albeit the RGB LED lights being on. I have to unplug my keyboard, then plug it back in.

    Is there anyway to resolve this because it is quite frustrating. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AndyPandiiee
    [link] [comments]

    Google Docs & Safari formatting

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Is there a way to prevent Safari from showing Google Drive / Google Docs in a slightly different format than when viewed in Chrome? The hard part is editing group papers. All the chrome users see the same thing (and the chrome view matches the PDF export), while Safari shows more/less words in a line and doesn't quite match up. Has anyone had success with a work around?

    submitted by /u/MuaveKoolaid
    [link] [comments]

    Importing iPhone photos on Mac greyed out a bunch of them

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    I was trying to put my iPhone XR pics onto my Macbook and 38 of them became gray boxes (see screenshots posted below). I don't know what they were but I'm guessing they were actual photos...can I save them?

    Pics: https://imgur.com/a/hJzg8fw

    submitted by /u/carllark
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel