• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 4, 2019

    macOS OneDrive on macOS shows ’ instead of apostrophe. How can I fix this?

    macOS OneDrive on macOS shows ’ instead of apostrophe. How can I fix this?


    OneDrive on macOS shows ’ instead of apostrophe. How can I fix this?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    Windows 7 installation on a Mojave Mac.

    Posted: 03 May 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I currently have a license key for windows 7 and would prefer to install it over windows 10. Mojave's bootcamp version doesn't allow for the installation of windows 7 so I instead partitioned my Macs SSD manually. I then attempted to make a bootable windows 7 usb in the following ways: 1. I have an old Mac running Yosemite which I used to create a bootable usb. 2. I used another computer running windows and used Rufus. Neither of these attempts worked (interestingly the Yosemite option worked as a bootable usb for the Mac running Yosemite but not my other Mac running Mojave). Any ideas? Do I need to format the usb differently with Rufus? I attempted using master book record.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kurite
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech MX Master 2s choppy on brand new MacBook.

    Posted: 03 May 2019 11:39 PM PDT

    The scrolling and cursor are not smooth. Scrolling feels like it scrolls one line at a time, jumps at random. Cursor acceleration is way off, choppy when moving fast and laggy when moving slow.

    I have 0 problems with the mouse on my Windows laptop, nor do I have any issues w my Airpods. I tried Logitech Options, Mos, UBS Overdrive, and changing system preferences. Nothing really helped. All I want is for my mouse to behave like the trackpad, just smooth scrolling & navigation.

    Specs: 2018 MBP, 13" running latest software. Logitech MX Master 2s via bluetooth, updated software.

    Any help at all would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/HydrofluoricAcid
    [link] [comments]

    chkrootkit says that my Mac is infected by `timed`

    Posted: 03 May 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I was just curious about chkrootkit and decided to try running it on my Mac. The other results were nothing found or not infected but then I saw this:

    Checking `timed'... INFECTED 

    Is this a false positive? Should I worry about this?

    I did an lsof for the timed process and here's the result:

    COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME timed 85 _timed cwd DIR 1,4 928 2 / timed 85 _timed txt REG 1,4 326960 5423001 /usr/libexec/timed timed 85 _timed txt REG 1,4 21024 7493369 /Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.XBhtX5Of timed 85 _timed txt REG 1,4 238448 6533682 /private/var/db/timezone/tz/2019a.1.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat timed 85 _timed txt REG 1,4 27148752 5426015 /usr/share/icu/icudt62l.dat timed 85 _timed txt REG 1,4 973824 5421418 /usr/lib/dyld timed 85 _timed 0r CHR 3,2 0t0 311 /dev/null timed 85 _timed 1u CHR 3,2 0t0 311 /dev/null timed 85 _timed 2u CHR 3,2 0t0 311 /dev/null timed 85 _timed 3 NPOLICY timed 85 _timed 4u systm 0x4e0e13071fe84c4d 0t0 [ctl com.apple.netsrc id 8 unit 6] timed 85 _timed 5u unix 0x4e0e13071ffde335 0t0 ->0x4e0e130715ac071d timed 85 _timed 6u unix 0x4e0e130715abee1d 0t0 ->0x4e0e130715ac184d 
    submitted by /u/MbakKoKom
    [link] [comments]

    Social media notifications in mac's notification centre?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys, anyone know of a way to make social media (facebook/twitter/linkedin) notifications appear on my mac's notification centre? I know you used to be able to integrate facebook accounts etc to your Mac but apple removed that. are there any third party apps out there that brings this feature (/notifications) back? thanks

    submitted by /u/bcbcdota2
    [link] [comments]

    After using Apple TV extended display mode, macMini periodically resizes all windows and moves to upper left corner

    Posted: 03 May 2019 11:00 PM PDT

    Looks like this

    Happens when:

    • Use Apple TV Extended Display Mode.
    • Turn off Apple TV when done using.
    • Some videos playing on browser were maximized on the Apple TV side before coming back to desktop.
    • Computer goes to sleep due to inactivity.
    • Log back in, all windows repositioned (upper left most corner) and resized (same size or smaller)
    • Edit: Added Temp workaround fix I use after it occurs - If I do nothing, it will keep resizing and repositioning each time the computer goes to sleep (sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't). I must log-off my user account and log back in to "reset" any settings in the background to prevent this from happening again even after going to sleep.

    Super annoying, because then I have to manually resize AND reposition every single open window. Never had this happen on any of my macbooks I've used this Apple TV with, only on my mac Mini. It's a higher resolution (4k), so I'm wondering if that affects it?

    macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Mac mini (2018)

    Anyone else ever have this problem?

    submitted by /u/dragespir
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between time machine and disk utility restore to external?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    I am looking for a way to create a backup of my MacBook Air so that when I restore it's Exactly as I left it...meaning not just files, but apps, settings, email accounts etc.etc.. what's the best way to do this?

    Right now I'm seeing Time Machine and restoring to an external via the recovery page.....what are the differences?

    submitted by /u/AliceJoy
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an idiot. How do I enable an extension I downloaded from the App Store?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Sorry, new MacOS user here. Last night I downloaded 1Blocker from the App Store. After it finished downloading I launch it and it asked me to enable 1Blocker in Safari. The only problem is that it doesn't appear in my list of extensions. Only 1Password and Instapaper do. I've tried to download 1Blocker again and enabled the toggles to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious and would appreciate any help at all.

    submitted by /u/usedtobenb
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get rid of Spaces?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    I've looked online and I can only find answers about editing filenames or word documents. But I'm trying to get rid of that gorram bug/feature that opens different apps in different versions of the desktop.

    Apparently I have to go through Mission Control to delete the extra spaces. It is full of animation, like way too much of MacOS, so it worsens my migraines. System prefs suggest fn + f1. That doesn't work, it relies of function keys which newer work for me. Comments on Apple's support site say control + up arrow. That doesn't work either. I have to go through the app folder to get into Mission Pain.

    Now is there any trick to keep it from creating extra spaces?

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    Question on upgrade mid 2011 27” from 10.9.5

    Posted: 03 May 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    A lady is asking on FB. Hungarian lady, German OS and I'm at an airport at a loss. She says the App Store does not offer upgrades.

    submitted by /u/feherfarkas
    [link] [comments]

    WOL on mac mini late 2014

    Posted: 03 May 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    I cant figure out how to get WOL working.
    My device is in a hard to reach area and i want to get the mini to boot with WOL
    I am running the latest Mojave and i turned on "wake for network access"
    Have already other devices working with WOL so my commands are right and also tried with an app called Fing.

    submitted by /u/tarbax
    [link] [comments]

    Activity Monitor Inconsistencies?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    A few months ago I picked up a used 2013 MacBook Air I7 w/ 8G of RAM running High Sierra latest updates. I usually operate with several tabs of safari open. A couple tabs of chrome (never more than 3) and the MS Office ppt, word, excel. Maybe a couple of things intermittently. For a few weeks I would look at Activity monitor and see that I was generally using 6-6.5 G of memory. I was monitoring because I was shopping for a new machine.

    I purchased a 2019 12 inch Macbook, i5 (yes I know it really is an m5) with 16G of RAM. This machine is running Mojave w/ latest updates. When I use this machine I see the memory usage is now generally hovering between 11 and 12G.

    Can someone explain why this is? Is the new CPU offloading more work to memory? Is Mojave that big of a difference in memory usage? It is also worth noting that I feel like I see the rainbow spinner a bit more on the new Macbook than I did on the 2013 MacBook Air. Perhaps I'm more sensitive to it because I was expecting to never ever see it. It isn't a deal breaker for me. It shows up randomly and hangs out for a second or so...Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/puttheremoteinherbut
    [link] [comments]

    New update deleted bluetooth from my mac

    Posted: 03 May 2019 02:07 AM PDT

    New update deleted bluetooth from my mac

    So, recently i updated my mac because you need the os update 10.14.4 to pair the generation 2 airpods, but after the OS updated, it completely wiped the bluetooth off my mac. Up top in the menu line, it says bluetooth not available and when i go to system setting, the icon isn't even there. It should be besides the network icon. By the way, my system settings are in danish for any of you that may get confused by the language 📷

    Has something similar to this happened to you?

    https://i.redd.it/jl377rzgpyv21.png

    https://i.redd.it/eq4ygrzgpyv21.png

    submitted by /u/MariusQvarne
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know this icon?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel