• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 1, 2019

    iOS Jailbreak [Discussion] a coolstar + team thank you thread

    iOS Jailbreak [Discussion] a coolstar + team thank you thread


    [Discussion] a coolstar + team thank you thread

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    May not be needed, may get downvoted to hell, may be told to post in the mega thread, but after giving coolstar flack for drama and all / jailbreakd "forbidden " implementation in previous jb's, I think it's important to express our appreciation for Chimera

    Literally no other team has brought an a12 jb (yet) and if you want to wait for others, great. Otherwise he's provided a nice JB that many of us on newer devices have been dying for. Not to mention applebetas knocked it out of the park with the UI. Never seen a prettier jb in my life and been around since OG days

    Hats off to the overwatch chap

    submitted by /u/wedditasap
    [link] [comments]

    [Release] Cydia Installer with Chimera jailbreak support is now available!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    [Discussion] Honestly, I thought Sileo was going to be a crappy Cydia replacement. I was wrong! Super Fast/Stable! How is your experience?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    [Update] Colorbanners and Colorbadges has been updated for A12. Colorflow 4 is on the way.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Both have been Patched for A12.

    Colorflow will release soon. (submitted Pending verification)

    submitted by /u/Brian_K9
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Nepeta is updating other developers tweaks for A12! Refer to this tweet to have your tweaks updated!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    It has been about 12 hours and Nepeta has already updated all of her tweaks (amazing!), and is now offering to update other developer's tweaks for Arm64e. This could allow for many busy developers to have their tweaks work on A12 very soon. I would love for this tweet to have more visibility. Thank you, Nepeta!

    Source: https://twitter.com/NepetaDev/status/1123316227907248128

    submitted by /u/Joeblase
    [link] [comments]

    [UPDATE] All of my maintained tweaks were updated to support A12 - Astolfo, BegoneCIA, BrokenHUD, FlashyHUD, Konban, Launchtron, Mitsuha Infinity, NoIdleTimer, Notifica, NotToday12, OwO, ReachIt, Selector, SelectOwO and Slyd; temporary preferences bundle fix here.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    As in the title. THIS IS ONLY FOR A12:

    1. Go to Sileo > Packages > Click on 3 lines next to "Installed", click on Developer.
    2. Add https://rpetri.ch/repo and install PreferenceLoader and RocketBootstrap. (If you can't see these; do that from the "Installed" screen - just upgrade.)
    3. Install https://nepeta.me/cephei.deb (it's a .deb; not a repo; Open in Safari -> Open in Sileo -> Install) This is an unofficial build, and should not interfere with the official package when it's updated. Cephei was updated to fix the original issue, 1.13.1 is the version that contains the fix.
    4. Reboot & re-JB.

    Repo: https://repo.nepeta.me/

    Follow me on Twitter for updates.

    EDIT: Exo and Exobar are also compatible with A12.

    If you don't see PreferenceLoader and/or RocketBootstrap, try installing any tweak that uses Cephei (e.g. OwO) and then these two should show up in Updates (or not if you have them up-to-date).

    submitted by /u/NepetaDev
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Friendly reminder for everyone who just jailbroke their a12 device: Remember to change your root password!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    [Update] Wraith, for Snapchat! Undetected, for now, and Video Uploading Support!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    Hello all, it has been a while.

    I am here to announce a new and undetected (for the time being) version of Wraith for the current version of Snapchat.

    Features Included:

    • Disabling of snap/story viewing with respective controls to mark as viewed
    • Unlimited snap viewing time
    • Saving of Snap/Story media (not discovery/subscriptions, but this will be included in the next update)
    • Image/Video upload to be sent as snap/story (select photo/video then take a picture/video)
    • Disabling of auto advance within most viewing types

    I would like to point out that screenshot/typing notifications are present within this version of Wraith, so if you care about people seeing you type/screenshot, be wary.

    So how did I get this to work again? Well, I broke everything Snapchat had in place to detect Wraith, I also added a lot of future proof checks as well but sadly this will not suffice. So I advocate that you stay on the recommended version of Snapchat below to be immune to any future protection they add. And heed the disclaimer:

    Recommended Snapchat version: 10.56.0.23

    Disclaimer:

    This is a use at your own risk tweak. I, nor anyone else, can ever assure the protection of anyone that tweaks Snapchat in such a way. There is a million and one ways to detect if a library/tweak is loaded into an application on iOS that makes it near impossible to ever make a truly undetectable tweak. So... tread lightly and at your own risk.

    (Shameless plug) Also check out one of my other tweaks, CustomAlertX for animated lock-screen notifications! (compatible with all devices iOS 11 & 12)

    All of my packages are (ad)free and available on the BigBoss repo.​

    That's it! If you like my work and want to support me, give me a follow on twitter!

    Edit: I have identified an issue with opening/re-opening time limited snaps, a patch has already been submitted to BigBoss but still needs approval, the new version number will be 0.0.3 when released. The patch also contains a way to save discovery media that isn't posted from a user account. Also I have gotten very mixed responses whether or not it works on A12/X or not. From my testing Substitute couldn't handle the low level functions I was hooking properly. It is a grey area whether it will work or not, I will try reaching out to a member of the Chimera team to try to get them to fix this issue. And lastly thank you very much for my first platinum, gold, and silver.

    Edit #2: For some reason Snapchat will not allow you to log in and may potentially ban you if you are using any form of the tweak Flex. So if you want this is to work properly please uninstall Flex and it will work without issue. They had implemented this today and I have no idea why they would.

    submitted by /u/justinc32
    [link] [comments]

    [Tip]Real CC doesn’t work for me personally on A12 but this tweak by poomsmart works flawlessly!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    [Question] Are there any versions of betterFiveColumnHomescreen or FiveIconDockXI that work on A12 devices?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    If any devs have or would want to update these tweaks - that would be great!

    Or - are there tweaks that allow me to do the same thing with my homescreen and dock? These are must haves for me when I jailbreak! They make the most use of the screen real estate on the iPhone, imo.

    submitted by /u/Thee_oohwee
    [link] [comments]

    [News] Theres a tweak to actually stops the Beta popup on A12!!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Add the repo below and install NoBetaExpiredAlert

    https://limneos.net/repo/

    submitted by /u/daymouse
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] SnapBack Beta, Now supports Chimera

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I got around to fixing Chimeras issue with setuid. You can now jump to and from unc0ver and Chimera at the push of the button.

    For those of you who don't know what SnapBack is, please refer to my depiction here for more info.

    Some people have been asking how to use this to jump between jailbreaks, so heres a short version:

    - Open SnapBack

    - Create a new Snapshot of your current jailbreak

    - Jump to your orig-fs snapshot (do this inside of SnapBack)

    - Reboot your phone when snapback completes

    - Rejailbreak with whatever jailbreak you want

    - Make a new snapshot on that jailbreak

    Congrats you can now jump between those 2 snapshots and jailbreak without loosing your other setups.

    As always my stuff is open source, the code is available here.

    If you would like to support me, I do accept dontations on my paypal.

    Thanks everyone :)

    # Note, when you restore, SnapBack may complete and either crash or go black. This is a result of me running UICache and clearing your icons. Just hard reboot your device and you will be fine.

    # I must also warn, this software is tested, but I can not guarantee 100% safety. Be safe and make sure you have enough space on your device before taking and reverting to snapshots. I still don't have a way to determine how much space you need.

    You can install SnapBack from my repo: https://repo.midnightchips.me

    submitted by /u/midnightchips
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] Added A12 support for Annotate, DockOutline, PowerDown, RomanKeypad, and Thinner!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    Just loaded up my Mac VM and updated all my (relevant) tweaks to support XS, XS Max, XR and new iPads.

    Annotate can be found on Packix (still waiting for the update to be accepted), and the rest can be found on my personal repo at https://qwertyuiop1379.github.io.

    Side note: If you would like me to update your tweaks, send me a PM and I'll add support for arm64e (I would need access to source code)

    Happy jailbreaking, A12 users!

    submitted by /u/qwertyuiop1379
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Haven’t jailbroken in 5 years. Must have Free and Paid tweaks for iPhone XS Max?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    Haven't jailbroken in a long time and most of the tweaks I remember are probably not updated yet or no longer working. What are some must have for my iPhone?

    Things I may be looking for:

    Transparent dock

    Dark modes

    Cleaner lock screen

    Battery percentage

    Are themes still a thing?

    No ads on reddit

    Anything cool and useful! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/That1one_guy
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Chimera is actually good (read below)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Chimera is actually good, I struggled at first when jailbreaking as it said a reboot is required to complete jailbreak but when i tapped jailbreak the same thing would pop up, until I did it like the 5th time and it successfully worked.

    Before doing this I backed up my tweaks when I was using the unc0ver jailbreak using flame.

    Then I restored the rootfs.

    To be honest the jailbreak is going great, Sileo especially is really good, when I copied my sources from the flame attachment, I clicked the plus icon on Sileo and it immediately popped up saying would it like to add source copied from my clipboard.

    Sileo is actually smart, if there is a repo url copied but the repo is already installed on Sileo it wouldn't ask you to add the repo from clipboard, as it knows.

    Sileo interface is great, I struggled with some tweaks.

    I recommend turning on background app refresh if you don't use low power mode only for Sileo and your desired apps as Sileo can automatically update your tweaks, etc, which is quite convenient.

    And not just that my iPhone is extremely fast when I'm jailbroken, I'm quite pleased.

    I'm not experiencing any reboots but what I am experiencing is my apps sometimes crashing, I understand this as it is still on a beta stage/on its first release, but to be honest I really can't complain.

    Battery life is good too, having a much better experience compared to unc0ver.

    I suggest you switch to Chimera, after a week or 2 so it could go through a couple of updates and become a bit stable, right now I'm currently jailbroken as I'm typing this, and I'm not noticing a crash with Reddit other than Sileo itself and Snapchat.

    Some tweaks are not there such as liberty lite, I used to need this for snapchat as snap would say couldn't refresh but now, it doesn't say that on snapchat anymore until I installed a tweak called Scothman to hack snapchat, so now it says couldn't refresh, but I'm going to remove the tweak so I can resolve this issue.

    I hope this is helpful, I recommend Chimera for now...

    submitted by /u/Musxddik_786
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Dune has been updated to have preferences in settings. Dark mode works great!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    [News] Cydia may be coming to Chimera!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    [Tutorial] How to jailbreak A12 device using Chimera and fix Preference Issues.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    ONLY USE THIS ON AN A12 DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SUPPORT FOR A11 AND BELOW WITH THIS METHOD!!!!!

    Step 1: Install Chimera through its IPA file. Should be linked in the jailbreak reddit homepage.

    Step 2: Inside a Chimera scroll down and do a root-fs (in a non-jb state) If you have used Unc0ver before.

    If you have never used Unc0ver then skip to STEP 4.

    Step 3: Wait for reboot to be done (if done Root-fs)

    Step 4: Click Jailbreak and wait till you are in a jailbroken state. This could take a reboot and multiple tries. Keep trying and don't give up.

    Step 5: Once you are in a jailbroken state, open Sileo which should be on your home screen or you could open Sileo through the Chimera app.

    Step 6: Go to Sources and add https://rpetri.ch/repo and wait for it to fully load. Then go to the Packages page, click on the button next to "Date" and stay on the developer tab. Now continue with step 7

    Step 7: Go to the Sources page. Open the repo, open All categories. There you will see both Preference Loader and Rocket Bootstrap. Install both

    Step 8: Install Cephei from the Chariz repo. This repo is automatically installed by Chimera.

    Step 9: Install "NewTerm 2" from the Chariz Repo.

    Step 10: You are ready to install Compatible Tweaks for A12. You should have no preference issues anymore. As test try step 11

    Step 11: Add https://sparkdev.me/ to your sources and install Melior from it. After install and respring, go into settings, Scroll down and you should see it there. Your Volume HUD should be changed now.

    If you run into any issues and can't fix them. Do a Root-Fs (I.e: Tweaks not showing up in settings) and follow this tutorial.

    Hope I helped you!!!

    /// MADE THE TUTORIAL SHORTER AND EASIER \\

    !!!!!!!For those getting the "Failed to remount the filesystem" error, make sure you deleted any iOS 12.2 updates from your iPhone Storage in settings. And run this application on Airplane mode. Immediately fixed my problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ONLY USE THIS ON AN A12 DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SUPPORT FOR A11 AND BELOW WITH THIS METHOD!!!!!

    submitted by /u/Tr1Fecta-
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Any tweaks to enable 3D Touch on iPhone XR?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    I remember having a tweak for my iPhone 6 that enabled 3D Touch. Is there any tweak like like that's compatible with chimera?

    submitted by /u/Jereko1015
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] Textyle 1.3 + Upcoming features

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Textyle 1.3 is now available and is A12 ready. This update also includes important fixes for some of the annoying issues people were having.

    Changelog

    • Added A12 compatibility
    • Fixed style reordering bugs
    • Fixed issue with styles not appearing
    • No settings require app restarts anymore (besides blacklisting apps)

    I am still working on fixing the WebKit crashes when you try to style text from a browser or web view.


    Upcoming Features

    I have been working hard on a very exciting feature that many of you have been asking me for. I'd like to introduce... the active style toggle!

    Video demo

    This button replaces the dictation button on your keyboard and when pressed toggles "active mode," which enables you to style everything you type, as you type it. Long pressing on this button opens the style selection menu from which you can pick the active style. This selection is saved and won't reset between apps/resprings/restarts.

    Currently it only works on iPhone X style keyboards, but if you have an older device, you should be able to use an X style keyboard tweak to have access to this button.

    I am still ironing out some bugs with this feature but am very close to being done. I hope you're as excited as I am to use this feature!


    Thank you for all your support, if you're interested in seeing more frequent updates from me you can follow me on Twitter.

    submitted by /u/d3zb6z
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Why Sileo's forced SHA256 upgrade is necessary.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    Recently people have been complainong about Sileo requiring a SHA256 Checksum for repos to include in their packages file. While many believe this is Coolstar trying to be a dick its not. If anything Coolstar is protecting you and also following the guidelines put in place by those who are behind APT (Debian). For ANY APT Client to pass guidelines they MUST REQUIRE SHA256 or SHA512 Hashsums for Packages. In order to follow guidelines of using APT1.8, Sileo (as an APT Client) must follow these guidelines. Thats why you are being forced to support SHA256. Not because CS doesnt like you. Because its what you SHOULD do.

    Edit: If you never plan on allowing Sileo users to get your packages from Sileo dont bother with this.

    Source of info on APT Repository Hash Guidelines FROM DEBIAN: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format#MD5Sum.2C_SHA1.2C_SHA256

    submitted by /u/xlolzxcantxseexme
    [link] [comments]

    [Tip] Flex v.3~Beta62 Works Partially on Chimera

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:50 PM PDT

    Tested it on XSMax, patches working for 3rd party apps. Stock apps patching does not work. Didn't check the Processing yet.

    Get it from: http://getdelta.co/

    submitted by /u/Kalllal
    [link] [comments]

    [Release] Substitute for arm64e

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    [Question] Any BytaFont 3 for iOS 11 alternatives for A12?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    I'm really sick of the stock iOS font, I'd like to try out other fonts like Google Sans. Any alternative to BytaFont for iOS 11 that can let me add fonts? If there's a way to add fonts to Anemone, please tell me how, thanks!

    submitted by /u/jesuscoolyea
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Chimera Tweak Compatibility Spreadsheet

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    Due to the fact that a LARGE number of tweaks aren't working on chimera, I'd like to start a tweak list. If you would like to help add to said list, please do so. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SJ-BKj9avEz5ESQOGLNEKsNeAptboWskAJrKaTXtnh8/edit?usp=sharing

    EDIT : Thank you to everyone who has tested and reported about tweaks! The list is still growing and changing as tweaks are updated!

    submitted by /u/pilchard2002
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel