• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 4, 2019

    Apple Help So uh... Help? Plugged it in into a charger and left it for 30 minutes and this happened.

    Apple Help So uh... Help? Plugged it in into a charger and left it for 30 minutes and this happened.


    So uh... Help? Plugged it in into a charger and left it for 30 minutes and this happened.

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    macbook pro screen breaks when it goes to sleep

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    rmbp 2018, touchbar.

    every time the screen goes to sleep or i close the lid, when i turn it back on, the screen is blank except for one row of pixels at the top, and 5 or so pixels on the right corner.

    how should i go about fixing this? i just got this machine back from the store after fixing the keyboard issues. don't want to bring it back and wait 3 more days and use a horrible i3 Windows laptop i've got laying around.

    submitted by /u/i_dont_speak_broke
    [link] [comments]

    .app at the end of my applications???

    Posted: 04 May 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    So, recently my MacBook has started putting '.app' on the end of all of my applications - is this something I should worry about? Is my laptop on the verge of death? Or is it something I can fix and turn off?

    It isn't even just on the Applications section of the Finder like below:

    https://i.redd.it/hq8wbai469w21.png

    It's also in my settings too:

    https://i.redd.it/gzb4d2ob69w21.png

    I'd appreciate any help you can spare!

    submitted by /u/mansfieldjayne
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MacBook pro and iPhone 8 can connect to 2.4 GHz wifi but not 5 GHz of my router

    Posted: 04 May 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    Earlier today I connected to the 5ghz channel just fine, but now it will not let me. I tried forgetting the network, and rejoining, restarting both computer and router. When try to connect it says "unable to connect please move closer or run diagnostic". I can connect to other 5ghz networks fine, and my PC connects to both. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/DrNP
    [link] [comments]

    I was watching a video in safari, when suddenly this logo appeared on top of the video while it was playing. What is it, and why did it pop up? (iPhone 7, newest iOS)

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    iTunes Smart Playlist not following criteria

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    I'm finally in the position to spend some time organising my iTunes library. A while a go I set up 5 smart playlists all of which collate songs of each star rating, and were previously working fine. When starting to organise today, I tried to add one song by rating it 5*, but it did not add.

    I checked the "Rules" and it includes Music, rated 5*, no track/ time limits, and live updating. Closing and reopening iTunes did nothing, so I switched the Media Type to Films (as I have none on in iTunes) saved and then changed it back to Music, and now the playlist has added the track... but also about 40 others from that album (of over 100 in the album) which are unrated.

    Has anyone had this issue, or can anyone suggest other setting I may have missed in how this operates?

    submitted by /u/TieandWaistcoat
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro not connecting to any Apple related services on Wifi

    Posted: 04 May 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 (Late) MBP. On ethernet, everything works fine and loads fast and smooth. But when i switch to wifi, NONE of Apple related connections work, everything from Safari to App/iTunes store, Software update, iCloud and so on. Anyone seem to know a solution...?

    Edit: on wifi, Chrome and other connections like Discord function fine.

    submitted by /u/7komazuki
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple refund old in-app purchase transactions?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 09:32 PM PDT

    A game called Line Play decided to purge couple of my accounts. I have someone saying that "it's due to inactivity and its on their ToS saying they can delete any inactive account without any prior notice".

    I personally find this invalid reason to delete someone's account. I was inactive for probably only a year or two. I have spent over $1500+ total.

    I already contacted the game, awaiting for their response to my case. but if it turns out ugly, I am wondering if Apple might be willing to help me out here. I spent most of my money back in 2015-2016. I am trying my best to either get my data restored or get my money back, not to lose both.

    submitted by /u/Naeunniee
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook Pro startup issue

    Posted: 04 May 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    I've checked everywhere online and learned that my problem is pretty unique. So whenever I put my MacBook into sleep mode for more than an hour or so, I encounter some startup issues when I try to open it again. No matter what I do, absolutely nothing turns it on. I've tried an SMC reset more times then I can count, and it never turns on afterwards. It's not like the power button doesn't work though, because when my laptop is actually on it works perfectly fine. I do get a response from the trackpad when I encounter this startup issue, and if I hold down the power button I stop getting a click from the trackpad. I'm currently stationed somewhere that doesn't have an apple store that does maintenance or repairs, so I could really use your help. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/bumDubmo
    [link] [comments]

    Update: cannot add school email to Mail

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    Previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/bk0kjs/cant_add_school_email_to_mail/

    So, I tried to remove and then re-add the account, but then I got this message:

    https://imgur.com/EUuJz4Q

    Any idea what to do next?

    submitted by /u/Shydragon327
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to migrate from Dropbox to iCloud?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 08:37 PM PDT

    I have a number of photos sitting in Dropbox, without access to the computer that the Dropbox drive sits on. I'm keen to consolidate down to one file storage service, and have chosen iCloud for this. Are there any tools available to help do this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/benjamding
    [link] [comments]

    Photos missing

    Posted: 04 May 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    I'm looking at the 'masters' folder in the photos folder and I can't find pictures from 2019 but they show up in the photos app. Any idea where they are located/saved?

    submitted by /u/leafs-91
    [link] [comments]

    Apple tv 4k hdr aspect ratio

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    If I have a projector that supports 2:39:1 aspect ratio and I watch a movie with that aspect ratio will the apple tv switch to 2.39:1 or crop it at 16:9?

    submitted by /u/Alec____
    [link] [comments]

    Help? My apple earphones with lightning connection and mic, keep turning volume to full by themselves. How can i fix this?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    iPhone 6 battery replacement problem

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    I've had my iPhone 6 for over 3 years (got it in early 2016), and I decided to have the battery replaced. The phone isn't really slow, and I really only have a problem with the battery life. I took it to the nearest Apple Store to have the battery replaced, but they opened it up and found water inside my phone, so they said they couldn't replace my phone's battery. First question: how does my phone even work if there's water inside? Second question: is there a way for me to remove the water from my phone so that I can bring it back to the store and get the battery replaced?

    submitted by /u/minpopman
    [link] [comments]

    Why does “Last Line No Longer available” keep showing up on my iPhone XS Max whenever I click on any of my contacts to call in Recents ? What does it mean ?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    Technical Help

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Hello, Recently, my father began to experience problems with his old iphone 6. He complained of a lack of cellular data even though phone calls worked perfectly. As a result, I bought him a brand new iphone 7 straight from Apple. However, he still has problems with his cellular data. He has an unlimited plan and the signal where I live is good (I have the same line as him on our family plan and my phone works perfect). The problem goes away when I reset Network Settings but only for a few days, then it starts acting up again. Tmobile and Apple have been useless in their assistance so hopefully you guys can help my father out. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/bxinder
    [link] [comments]

    Why is macOS so choppy to use?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    I just purchased a brand new 2019 5K iMac after coming from a 2012 MacBook Pro and my god it feels like the same sort of experience. When scrolling down on webpages it feels so sluggish and choppy. Even when resizing windows, it's really choppy and even some animations are choppy. I thought it was this way on my 2012 MacBook Pro because of the age of hardware but even now it feels close to the same. I'm not sure if it's only me but animations and scrolling just feel so choppy.

    submitted by /u/austinalexan
    [link] [comments]

    Apple broke my Touch Bar during keyboard repair

    Posted: 04 May 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    As the title says, I took my laptop in for the fourth or fifth time due to keyboard issues. They finally told me they could fix it in store( I could not ship it off as I use it for college) Anyway, I dropped it off this morning, to get a call this evening that they broke my touch-bar. They gave me two options, to either leave it there whilst they wait for the part or use it as is until they receive the part. I'm at a loss as I need it for finals. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? If I should push the issue or is this just completely normal? I really wish I could go back and not buy this headache of a laptop.

    submitted by /u/bitchinhaley
    [link] [comments]

    chrome causing MBP shutdown?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    my MBP 2017 has been shutting down randomly with panic logs and I have no idea what I'd causing it. had the logic board replaced recently so I'm thinking it's a softeare issue. I bring it into the apple store and they tell me it's because chrome and apple are not compatible and I should use safari. nevertheless they took my laptop in to run some overnight tests.

    I find it hard to believe as someone who used chrome with all of my macbook pros and this MBP is my new one that i purchased in January. Just wondering if anyone else has faced this before and if chrome and apple actually are incompatible as they say

    submitted by /u/confusdwaffle
    [link] [comments]

    iPod not charging

    Posted: 04 May 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    My iPod Touch 5 has this weird charging problem. Sometimes it charges sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't charge, it says it's charging but just keeps it at the same percentage it was at. When the iPod dies it then won't charge and wake up, and so it could take a few days or maybe even weeks for it to turn back on again! Please help!?

    submitted by /u/phnmnl1_bitw
    [link] [comments]

    I'm unable to change or update my billing information

    Posted: 04 May 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    I wanted the 3 months trail pack of apple music so I used my dad's debit card to get it and now when I'm trying to purchase anything from iTunes the purchase is getting denied and the redirects me to the billing information in the settings and ask me to put the "CVV"/ security code and even after putting the code it gives me same message of denial , I thought of removing that debit card from the billing information but I'm unable to do that too Some guys on internet told me to wait untill the 3 months tiral ends or cancel the subscription , so I waited but still unable to update my billing information And Because of this I can't purchase anything from iTunes (Sorry for any grammatical mistakes) I hope I'll get an answer for this in here (I also posted this on Apple music subreddit for more responses)

    submitted by /u/black_viking000000
    [link] [comments]

    Fans at high-speed for nothing

    Posted: 04 May 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    I don't know what to do. My fans get into full-speed mode way too often, usually even with less than 80% CPU usage.

    If I let my computer sit for a little while, it will go back to normal. But as soon as I work in any Adobe software for example, or open a handful of tabs on firefox, it will get mad hot and fans at 6200 again.

    I opened it but didn't have the right screwdriver to remove the fans. They didn't seem clogged with dust though.

    Am I doing something wrong ?

    Here are my specs :

    Macbook Pro 15" 2011

    2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

    8 Go 1333 MHz DDR3

    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 Mo

    Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mo

    I run on 10.12

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Datanami
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable video resize animations in Chrome?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    I'm on Mojave and am trying to remove the resize animation that occurs on sites such as YouTube. Basically, going from window mode to full screen and back forces some fade-in animation which I would like to have removed.

    Does anyone know how to?

    submitted by /u/WHYWOULDYOUEVENARGUE
    [link] [comments]

    how to save photos from shared icloud links to camera roll?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/LP5Vq4W

    my friends sent me photos from an event that i would like to save to my camera roll. They send a link that went to my camera roll, but it says the link will expire and the photos aren't actually saved to my camera roll. When I go to the photo, there is no option to save to camera roll, and there is a stupid loading icon so i can't screenshot

    submitted by /u/Lutenbarque
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel