• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 5, 2019

    Apple Help iPhone XR won’t download photos sent via iMessage. Tried to download but is stuck and then turns to a .png

    Apple Help iPhone XR won’t download photos sent via iMessage. Tried to download but is stuck and then turns to a .png


    iPhone XR won’t download photos sent via iMessage. Tried to download but is stuck and then turns to a .png

    Posted: 05 May 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    Return of Potentially Stolen Macbook

    Posted: 05 May 2019 09:18 PM PDT

    I found a damaged macbook air, model a1466 emc 2632 on the side of the road. The screen appears not to be cracked, but the hinges are broken clean off with snapped wires.

    How would I go about getting it back to it's owner (that is if they even still want it back)? I live near Vancouver BC, Canada.

    submitted by /u/Golf_is_a_sport
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix: Reset your Apple security questions without knowing your Apple security questions

    Posted: 05 May 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I've just purchased an iPad and couldn't remember my security questions for my AppleID account, therefor was unable to reset my security questions (I know right). I have found a solution to this and wanted to share it.

    This will only apply to those that:

    • Had an old account and didn't enable 2-factor authentication
    • Did not have a recovery phone number setup
    • Are unable to reset security questions on the iForgot website or log into appleid.apple.com.
    • Contacted Apple support and didn't get anywhere

    All you need to do is get a iPad / iPhone, do a factory reset on it then during the initial setup you select the option to restore from iCloud. At this point it will ask for a mobile number (Doesn't have to be an iPhone number) and it will enable 2-factor authentication. It told me that I didn't have any data in iCloud and returned me to the previous screen where I setup the device as new.

    Note: I did this on an old iPhone, my iPad told me to enter a verification code that it sent to the iPhone, but for some reason I had to click 'did not get anything' and enter my phone number where it send my phone a text and I was able to authenticate it.

    Finally... I was able to log into appleid.apple.com and view my account.

    I hope this helps at lease one person, there were plenty of people online who had this issue:

    TLDR: Select the 'Restore from iCloud' on the initial welcome screens.Edit: After logging into my AppleID account, I was unable to access the security questions - I assume this has been replaced with the 2FA option.

    submitted by /u/poglet
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to share an iTunes library across multiple users, but running into problems

    Posted: 05 May 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    So in an attempt at battling my own procrastination, I recently created another user on my Macbook solely for writing. It's got a very clean, neat desktop, and the dock only has stuff like the Microsoft Office suite, Dictionary, and Wunderlist - things I use when writing. I also set it up without admin privileges, and set parental controls to block access to web browsers and games, just in case I got tempted (yes, of course I can always just log into my admin account to do that stuff, but the point is to create an extra step of difficulty so that I can't make the excuse of "oh let me just check my email real quick")

    I quickly realized that OS X's permissions were going to cause me problems. I spent an hour trying to get all my writing project files to be accessible across users before just giving up and putting everything in the "Productivity" user's folder.

    I also like to listen to music while I write, but as all of my music was stored in the "Admin" user's folder, it wasn't accessible from the other user (Quick note: I don't like keeping my music files in the default "iTunes Media" folder, so I have a separate "Music" folder). My solution was to move my whole "Music" folder onto the Shared drive, and then re-import all of those files into iTunes for both users.

    This seemed to work. At least I was able to listen to everything without any issues. But I've started to run into some weird behavior. When I re-imported my music, a handful of albums lost some or all of their metadata. I re-added the metadata, but those changes didn't port over to the other user. Looking at them with the Media-Info app, it looks as if the metadata hasn't actually been updated at all - even though it shows that it has been in iTunes for the "Admin" user.

    I know iTunes keeps some info in a library file, and I suspect part of my problems have to do with either the location of that file or the fact that there are two with conflicting info. But in the past, any metadata changes (artist, album, genre, track #, etc) I've made in iTunes have been reflected in the actual metadata of the mp3 file. Has that behavior changed because the files are now in a shared folder??

    Somebody help me out here! I'm extremely confused and just want to be able to listen to some tunes while I write :(

    submitted by /u/TeN523
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me understand how iCloud, Backup, and overall storage works between my iPhone and Mac OS.

    Posted: 05 May 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    I need to reorganize my storage on both my iPhone 7+ and macOS 10.14, but I'm confused af despite reading through numerous articles and threads. Because I don't know where to start I'll go with the following questions which revolve around my iPhone, and hopefully can ask further questions through the responses.

    • Firstly, why is it when on iPhone iCloud settings, Photos is off, but when clicking Manage Storage it's shown here? Let alone the difference between those and Photo Library in my Backup.
    • Referring to the last screenshot, I'm pretty damn sure 85% of those apps don't need to be backed up, but decided I wouldn't mess with anything until better understanding how all this data/storage works. I'm confused about where/what to unselect/delete/move/etc. through all the different options. If I unselect something here is it removed across all devices?. What are the do's and dont's?
    • I primarily just want iCloud for certain apps that I'd like automatically updated and accessible between my desktop and iPhone. Like the Notability app which I use on both my iPhone and desktop. I'm fine with backing up my iPhone to my desktop manually 1-2 a month as I did before iCloud existed. I just want further clarification since I've been using iCloud Backup and I just don't want to accidentally delete/ruin anything as I try to reorganize my storage. So any further explanation, suggestions, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    (All of this was prompted by recently receiving a notification that my iCloud storage was full. Upon looking into it I realized how much I don't understand about storage across my devices and how to organize it. I may be a noob but I know the problem is not that I need more storage—which is what was suggested when I called Apple Support—not including usage I've got 50GB of iCloud storage, 128GB on my iPhone, 1.12TB on my OS Hard Drive, along with a 1TB External USB.)

    submitted by /u/naikoto
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 10.5 inch dying at 40%

    Posted: 05 May 2019 08:11 PM PDT

    I love my iPad Pro and it's been great, but the last week or so (of course during finals), it has just randomly started dying at 40%. I haven't dropped it, all I'm really running is reddit, Notesplus, and Google docs, but no matter what, it dies at 40%. I can't check my batter health either, as the battery health button is missing. Anyway I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/maybenextyearCLE
    [link] [comments]

    Camera and flashlight not working

    Posted: 05 May 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    Recently the back camera and flashlight have stopped working on my iPhone 7+ running iOS 12.2 and I am unsure why all help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/The-Digital-Waffle
    [link] [comments]

    Concerned about my account safety

    Posted: 05 May 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    I got a strange email today saying that my account was logged into on an iPhone X in Spain (I live in the US and have an iPhone 7). This is the body of the email. -

    Dear Customer,

    User Agreement and Privacy Violtaion

    Detail information :

    Location : Spain

    Device : iPhone X Thank you,

    Apple Support

    AppIe Agreement - Privacy Policy - Apple INC

    -A document was attached saying that I need to verify my account again using a link from the document. I thought this seemed fishy because it doesn't say my Apple ID anywhere in it, and there are quite a few grammar/spelling errors. Is there anything I can do to actually protect my account, or should I just ignore this?

    (sorry if the formatting is funky, im on mobile. thank you!!)

    submitted by /u/jeongyeonssi
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix Audio won’t work with Apple Lightning to HDMI.

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    I bought a projector and a Lightning to HDMI adapter a couple days ago and everything works fine except Netflix. The screen plays but the audio doesn't work. I've tried connecting to Bluetooth speakers but that won't work either. We have an iPhone 8 and iPhone XR and with both, everything plays well except Netflix. (We watch YouTube and movies on chrome)

    Do you guys know how to fix this audio issue?

    submitted by /u/cieloh
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic folder synchronization to external drive?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Basically I'm working on production machines that are disconnected from the internet so Dropbox and the like is a no go.

    However I'd love to keep my work sessions in sync from the production machine to my external usb work drive to be a bit more flexible when on the go.

    Ideally it would be an automatic process linking two folders, one on the Mac and one on the usb where it just looks for newer files and updates both ways in the background any time the drive is connected. Although a manual "synchronize" function I could just launch during works breaks would work too. Should support macos FileVault encrypted drives.

    Just wondering if anyone else has solved this dilemma before I fall down the google rabbit hole. Paid commercial software options are fine if they're the best solution.

    submitted by /u/completelyillogical
    [link] [comments]

    Viral Infected MacBook -- Want to completely start over, help!

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Hey kind folks of r/applehelp! I believe I've got a virus on my computer and it runs a bit slow with a little bit of lag. I'd like to just completely wipe out my computer and start over. I have an external hard drive and am prepared to just move over all my documents, photos, etc. What do I have to do or how do I go about this? Does anyone have a link or resource that I can use to basically start over? I don't know the correct vernacular for what I'm asking so forgive my lack of eloquence...

    Here are the specs to my computer:

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)

    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

    Running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

    1 TB SATA Disk

    I am home the rest of the evening so I have time to take care of this. TIA!

    submitted by /u/kaffeen_
    [link] [comments]

    Safari having issues with a lot of pages suddenly

    Posted: 05 May 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    I'm on the latest High Sierra.. suddenly in the last week or so, a TON of websites are having issues (console shows script errors or security issues with scripts), and my only option is to use Chrome.

    What changed??

    submitted by /u/maxiedaniels
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone Balance off on Late 2013 iMac

    Posted: 05 May 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    Specs:
    Late 2013 27in iMac

    Sierra 10.12.6

    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

    Problem:
    So the headphones are outputting to one side when connected directly to the headphone jack on my iMac. I checked under System Preferences->Sound and the balance is correctly in the middle (screenshot attached). I also checked audio-midi setup and the master-stream balance looks correct (screenshot attached). I also restarted my computer for good measure, since that seems to clear things up sometimes.

    I've checked my headphones on my iPad and through my Mbox (external audio interface) and the balance is correct, so I don't think it's my headphones. I thought it might be the headphone jack on the iMac, but when I skew the balance towards the quieter side, the output is normal. I could just skew the balance to the right so that it's balanced with headphones, but that seems like a bad/temporary solution.

    Last thing, I just had the logic board replaced because my GPU failed. Computer is working perfectly otherwise as far as I know, but this problem popped up today (Day 3 with the mac back from the shop).

    Screenshots:

    https://imgur.com/a/4ir3EkK

    submitted by /u/tywarneryee
    [link] [comments]

    Malwarebytes

    Posted: 05 May 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone, I'm running the free version of Malwarebytes on my Mac, and I'm wondering if it's worth spending the $40 per year on the upgrade. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Goraidh
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Mac Numbers: Copy paste content row by row?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Trying to help my stepdad with an issue on his business invoice file on his mac. I don't have too much experience with numbers/excel and I was wondering if anyone knows how to copy paste content from a word document or another excel, and have it paste into multiple rows instead of a single row?

    As an example:

    TestingTestingTesting

    TestingTestingTesting

    If I copy paste something like this into a row, it will paste the entire thing into that single row, causing it to word wrap and enlarge that single row. He wants it so that if its copy pasted, the first "TestingTestingTesting" will be in row 1, and the second "TestingTestingTesting" will be in row 2.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kaiellis
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications Not Working After Updating To iOS 12.2, iPhone 6S

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Hey, so I just updated to iOS 12.2 last night on my 6S, and I haven't gotten any notifications since, other than text messages. Like, I don't get the push notification and nothing shows up on my notification center. I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue or whether someone could help.

    For reference, all my app notification settings are unchanged, do not disturb mode is definitely off, and restarting my phone/resetting the phone settings did not work, including after restoring my backup.

    Edit: Resetting everything and restoring backup fixed it.

    submitted by /u/Favre99
    [link] [comments]

    IPad stuck in boot loop after drop

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    So my Brother's iPad 6th gen was dropped this morning off a table, and now is stuck in a constant boot loop. There isn't any physical damage to the device (Cracks, scratches, Dents etc) and it had a cover case on it when the drop happened but now it's stuck constantly booting up. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Xfatemi
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime volume on OSX

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    Hi all, I was wondering whether I could get advice on the volume for FaceTime on my 2017 MacBook Pro. The volume for FaceTime is always super quiet so I have to turn the laptop volume to 100% for calls. It's fine at that volume but than the background sounds are ear-piercingly loud (like for incoming text messages etc.) This is incredibly annoying and I was wondering whether anyone knows of a solution... thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/cruton135
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer selected songs from iPad (ios 9.3.5) to iPhone (ios 12.2) on mcaOS HS

    Posted: 05 May 2019 04:03 PM PDT

    I never sync, always manual manage.

    How can I get some songs (originally from CD) from iPad to iPhone, WITHOUT 3rd party tool if possible.

    So confused, please help thanks

    submitted by /u/pinotkumarbhai
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my PS4 as a DVD/Blu-ray player for my MacBook Air 2017?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I want to watch a new show and I don't have a blu ray player so I would like to use my PS4 to watch it instead of buying a Blu-ray player for 100€. Does this work? Can I buy a HDMI to USB cable and it works?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pinkie7_
    [link] [comments]

    How do most people store their photo libraries on these new Macbooks with smaller harddrives?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 11:43 AM PDT

    I'm using a 2014 Macbook Pro with a 500 GB hardrive, and I'm considering updating to a new Macbook Pro or an Air to help lighten my bag I carry every day. I've noticed that most of the options on Apple's website seem to have much smaller harddrives.

    I checked how much storage I'm actually currently using, and my photos alone (basically every picture I've taken since the early 2000s) take up 95 GB.

    It seems like storage on computers isn't valued as much as it used to be, and I don't like the idea of paying to store my personal stuff on the cloud. I do have a backup harddrive, but I use it as a backup, and it's formatted to work with Time Machine. And if I got a second external drive to store my photos, then they wouldn't be backed up through Time Machine.

    This is all pretty stressful. What do most people do? If I value keeping my pictures, do I just have to shell out for a bigger harddrive? I'm not even a professional photographer...

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    App quick switching?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    So when I go into an app and swipe right, sometimes the app will switch to another app. I don't know how to recreate this as I have tried swiping right and left to swap between apps and it does not work. How do I get the app switch to happen?

    submitted by /u/xe0n888
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my iPhone as a backup solution for my iTunes music library instead of an external HDD? Will it save ALL metadata?

    Posted: 05 May 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    I have a large music library of mp3s that I have built up over the years. I usually copy my entire iTunes folder to an external hard drive every month as a form of backup (in case something happens to my PC).

    Alternatively, I would like to buy an iPhone with more storage so that I can easily sync all of my songs.

    But would this save ALL metadata (hearts, play count, lyrics, etc.) and would I be able to reliably transfer the data from phone to iTunes so I can set up my library easily on a new PC? If so, why can't I see song play count and lyrics in the Library tab in the Music app on my iPhone?

    (Please don't suggestion the cloud).

    submitted by /u/PopularBarnacle
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t reinstall offloaded stock Apple apps

    Posted: 05 May 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    A while ago I turned on "offload unused apps" and a apps like FT, Voice Memos, and Mail were offloaded. I would like them back now, but they will not reinstall. Apps that aren't stock Apple apps will reinstall. I've heard that stock apps aren't supposed to be able to be offloaded, not sure how true this is, but perhaps this is part of the issue? I've tried tapping to install and deleting and installing from the AppStore. I just get the "unable to install, try again later" error. The apps don't show up in the storage settings.

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Doyoueatcats
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel