• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 2, 2019

    macOS Apple Mail app with Gmail

    macOS Apple Mail app with Gmail


    Apple Mail app with Gmail

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Hey, lately, I've noticed that my gmail account doesn't stay connected to the server in Apple Mail. It is fine for the first few minutes after I start the Mail application. After a while, the gmail account just becomes offline, indicated by a lightning icon right next to it. The "Take all accounts online" button doesn't seem to be able to take it online. Is this a known issue or just me?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kevvyvan
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning out Keychain, is it safe?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Last time I checked my keychain was full of old passwords, certs and a bunch of other crap. I don't want to sort through everything seeing what's current or useable so is it safe to just select all and delete?

    submitted by /u/HeadlineINeed
    [link] [comments]

    Bug report: 10.14.4 (18E226) Mail v 12.4 (3445.104.8) - Remove attachments does not work

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    Hi,

    The Messages -> Remove Attachments from certain files does not work since an upgrade from macos 10.14.3 to 10.14.4. For .zip files the function is grayed out. For .jpg the function works. I've not tested with other files.

    submitted by /u/girlkettle
    [link] [comments]

    APFS drive filled with "purgeable space"

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    I regularly use a few 8Tb external drives (all APFS) to move a lot of large files around for work. I noticed recently that, while the Finder stated there was 800Gb free on an 8Tb drive, attempting to copy more data onto the drive prompted a 'drive is full' warning.

    Looking into the issue I discovered that macOS claims 'purgeable space', which is unused and leftover data that for some reason can't be deleted. It's supposed to be the case that whenever a drive reaches only 5Gb of free space left that it will automatically free up as much purgeable space as is needed. As far as I can tell, this has never worked correctly.

    I have tried to 'release' the purgeable space by using third-party software like DaisyDisk and Disk Doctor. I've also tried to enter a few terminal commands and create a large file that would trigger the purgeable space to be cleared. All attempts have failed.

    I'm currently in the process of moving several terabytes of data between drives, just so that I can format and recopy the data, in an attempt to reclaim access to all that locked purgeable space.

    Is there any way to prevent this "feature" in macOS? I want to be able to control what it being stored on my hard drives.

    submitted by /u/alex_harold
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook turns on, but the screen stays black. I’ve plugged it into my TV through HDMI but my laptop is still black screen.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I got this laptop back in 2015 when they made those new MacBook ones, and never had any problems. But suddenly today, the screen stays black but my laptop can show up on my tv screen. I don't know what to do. I'm backing everything up right now, but that's as far as I can go.

    submitted by /u/_S4MMY
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave on Mid 2014 MacBook Pro with Nvidia GPU, bad idea?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:25 AM PDT

    A few months ago I updated to Mojave cause I was sucked in by the dark mode feature. I won't lie, it's really well done and most of the applications I use have updated to support it (Nice)

    But after I did the upgrade, I noticed basic actions like moving/resizing windows felt more sluggish and I thought back to some articles talking about how Apple wasn't supporting Nvidia GPU's anymore, starting with Mojave.

    Taking into account that I am using a MacBook Pro with an Nvidia GPU, I'm willing to bet that I may have been effected by this bone headed decision. So my question is this:

    - Did I make a bad decision to upgrade to Mojave despite my machine's GPU?

    - Should I downgrade to High Sierra? I heard downgrading is a huge chore on MacOS and I know that my machine came with OSX Yosemite, ouch!

    I'm not very thrilled by the thought of buying one of the newer machines with the keyboard issues, so I'm trying to stick out with this machine for at least another year if possible. Advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KaruiCodeWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Safari always frozen on startup

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    I'm using the latest version of Mojave and have only used Safari once before to download an app (I'm usually using Firefox). Just now I opened it to google something but once it showed the search result, it froze completely. It wouldn't let me close the tab, click in the search bar or close/minimize Safari. Every time I clicked on it, it made a noise.

    In the end I had to force quit with option+command+esc, then I restarted the Mac.

    Now the problem's still there though. Every time I open Safari, it opens the google search result, then becomes completely unresposive again. Starting it while holding down the "shift" key reset it so far that it's now loading the start page, then there's some popup about bookmarks (it only displays it for a second) and it's frozen again.

    Googling tells me to open the developer settings but I can't do anything because Safari's frozen and the settings (Safari - settings) are greyed out.

    How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Nefthys
    [link] [comments]

    two buttons constantly pressed. what to do?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel