• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 7, 2019

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [April 07]

    Apple Watch Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [April 07]


    Weekly 'My Watch' Standard Config/Joined the Club Megathread - [April 07]

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to today's 'Joined the Club'/Standard Config Megathread.

    Want to show off your newly purchased Apple Watch? Here's the place! Introduce yourself to the community and show off your new Apple Watch and or your new band!

    This is the place for standard configuration configs (those that can be bought off Apple's website as a bundle). If you have a custom watch/band combo, please post it outside the thread!


    Rules

    1. Use a reputable image host. imgur.com is preferable. You do not have to set your album to public - simply copy the link.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    Here's all the previous joined the club threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Artist Hundertwasser designed these in 1995. For a second I thought I was looking at an Apple Watch.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Just got a new game of thrones dragon scale watch band

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    The road home the other day was so shitty, that my Apple Watch actually asked me if I was working out.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    For those wondering, YES the AW Series 4 detects falls from a bicycle / motorbike

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I bought the series 4 after destroying my series 2 in a silly motorbike crash.
    I was wondering if the Series 4 could detect falling from a bicycle or motorbike, but of course didn't really want to try it out.

    Well, now I know it does.

    I was riding at a normal pace, leaned into a turn and lost the grip in the front. It wasn't a huge crash, I basically fell from the bike and slid on the road something like 15-20 meters, and stood up immediately thanks to the adrenaline. Went to pick up my noble steed, and sat on the side of the road to calm down a bit.

    I heard a voice saying "Hello ? Can you hear me ?", and was confused. I then realised my watch had called the emergency services, after detecting the fall. I completely forgot I had it on my wrist, and didn't dismiss the alert.

    After talking about it with a friend who also owns a S4, he told me he fell off his bicycle in an accident involving a car, and the watch also detected the fall.

    Luckily, it wasn't too bad, but were it worse, it might have saved my life.

    Thank you Apple.

    submitted by /u/Loidan
    [link] [comments]

    I got around to organizing my bands.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    How well does the Series 4 aluminum watch hold up?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    I'm currently on the fence about buying an Apple Watch. As of right now I've decided on the series 4 GPS with the aluminum body. I will always have my phone on me anyways and I hear you will still receive messages and calls etc on the GPS version as long as your phone is around. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

    However my biggest concern is how durable the aluminum version is. I work in the construction industry/paint industry (of course I'll take the watch off when I'm painting however for other aspects of home repair I would like to leave it on) will the screen scratch that easily? What if I apply just a screen protector on it. Will it hold up well enough?

    submitted by /u/SNTDC2
    [link] [comments]

    Challenges App (Lose it)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:22 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of any challenges currently running and has a code for me? Or would anyone be interested in creating a new challenge? 😁 Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask! I'm not sure where to best post this.

    submitted by /u/Lyzoriax
    [link] [comments]

    Workouts

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:09 AM PDT

    I have a question regarding built in workouts app, do I really need all the third party workout apps like Nike Run Club, Strava, Zones, Streaks Workout? I have all that in Workouts.app... Or am I wrong? Thanks fellas.

    submitted by /u/__crayons__
    [link] [comments]

    Any downsides to using LTE watch without a carrier plan?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Hi, my wife wants to buy a Apple Watch Series 3; she only needs GPS but for some reason the GPS/LTE phones are cheaper right now than the GPS-only versions. So I'm planning to get her one of those. But want to know if there's any reason not to get the LTE version if we're not connecting it to a carrier.

    IOW: Is there anything annoying about an LTE watch when it's not connected to a carrier — like does it prompt you to add a carrier connection or something annoying like that? I'm guessing the answer is no, but just wanted to check with people who have experience before going down that route.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/real_johnny_tango
    [link] [comments]

    S4 44mm w/ Apple 42mm Link Bracelet?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    Would the 42mm bracelet fit the 44mm s4 watch?

    submitted by /u/largenumberone
    [link] [comments]

    I got these leather bands from Amazon and they're so soft and comfy, I want to wear them all the time!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Timer for Chef?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 12:54 AM PDT

    I just purchased my first Aople watch (4). I'm hoping for a app that has 1 or more timers that can take up the entire screen.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/forestcall
    [link] [comments]

    I need help/advice with activating ECG while traveling

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    My phone (XS Max) and Apple Watch are purchased in Denmark, where ECG is available, also the app is on my watch, but I'm traveling for work to Bulgaria, and when I try to activate the ECG I get 'Not enabled in your location' pop up message. Unfortunately, it will be long trip, so it's not worth taking the plane just to activate the app, and kinda looking for solution.

    I'm even using Danish operator, and I was wondering how exactly the restriction works, and if there is anyway to activate ECG from here? Does that also mean that if ECG is activated already, lets say, if one travels to a country where ECG is unavailable yet, one will not be able to use the app at all because of location restriction? If you have traveled to such place, share your experience, please.

    submitted by /u/dandas
    [link] [comments]

    Comparison of Marine Green and Spearmint sport bands?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Trying to decide which of these to pick up. Does anyone have a comparison picture or two? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/macd0t
    [link] [comments]

    Should I join the club?!?!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    Hi! I have been eyeing getting an Apple Watch for the last month or so but have remained on the fence. I am mainly interested in fitness and heart rate tracking features so the Series 4 specs are enticing. I'm wondering though if I should hold out until September when they come out with the even newer edition. Does anyone have advice for this? I know no one is totally sure what's next for the watches but any predictions on how drastically different (or not) it will be? Should I make the splurge now?! Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/ayounggrasshopper
    [link] [comments]

    After a week of trying (what seems like) every complication possible, I've finally settled on this configuration. What are your favorite apps for the Series 4?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    Stuck on Steel?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    So in the the almost two months now since I bought my first ever Apple Watch(actually first smart watch at all for that matter) I have bought a number of different bands. My watch came with the gold Milanese loop, and I bought a sport band, a 3rd party leather band, a black link band, a 3rd party Milanese loop in space gray and a number of various other 3rd party bands. I always find myself going back to either the gold Apple Milanese or the space gray Milanese. The leather one I got wasn't even hardly pretending to be leather, so I still plan on getting a nomad leather band, but is anyone else as stuck on the Milanese Steel as I am? Part of it is that I regularly wear suits to work and it goes very well with business wear, but I think it's mostly because it's so damn comfortable plus it is as adjustable as it's possible to be.

    submitted by /u/Thechriswigg
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not usually this coordinated, but my new Nike Black/Hyper Grape band matches nicely

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Series 4 with black nike reflective band and spigen case.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    April Apple Watch challenge

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    Good morning peeps , I just created the 1 month mid April to mid May Apple Watch challenge... come join and get healthy code is PYHH. See you there

    submitted by /u/dariogA380
    [link] [comments]

    Retroactive calorie change for move goal - 1 calorie! One!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 10:50 PM PDT

    My boyfriend missed his 50 day calorie goal by 1 calorie. One! And he noticed at 12:04. We've tried every fix in the book we could find. Day change, add workout, add activity calories - nothing. Have they patched all of those?

    submitted by /u/crazykatchan
    [link] [comments]

    [Support] Apple Watch Series 4 can receive data but cannot send data unless connected to iPhone

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 10:38 PM PDT

    I have a Series 4 through Verizon Wireless. I've never had any issues with it until recently I've noticed it can receive data (iMessage, apps, etc) while independently on the Verizon network but cannot send anything (iMessage, commands through apps, etc).

    submitted by /u/Mission_Burrito
    [link] [comments]

    Carrier geofencing to use some AppleWatch features in iOS 12.2

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    Series 4 GPS+Cellular works with iPhone 5s when restoring from backup

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    And yes, when you pair a new Series 4 GPS+Cellular with an 5s, it says you can't do that. Tried it a couple of days ago.

    I own an iPhone XS (iOS 12.2) and am using it with an AW 4th generation GPS+Cellular (cellular plan is active). Unfortunately, my bluetooth module was failing and this morning I had to bring the phone in. Made a backup with iTunes, then restored it on my old 5S, while I'm waiting for replacement. iOS asked me if I wanted to pair my existing watch (watchOS 5.2) when restoring, I said no, because it was supposed to not work, and the intention was to let my AW keep registering my activity and send it to iCloud right away (talked with Apple Support the day before, they said it should work that way but weren't sure either). Nope, that doesn't work, as soon as it loses connection with the paired phone, activity data is not syncronized anymore, not through cellular and not through WiFi. Talking about bad programming.

    So when I realized that tonight, I thought, screw it, and opened the Watch app on my iPhone 5s. It asked me if I wanted to set up a new watch or pair the existing one. Interesting. I chose existing one, my Apple Watch began some sort of reboot and wait stuff, I was asked my iCloud password on the phone, and three minutes later my AW was perfectly paired with my iPhone 5s, without losing any previous data (activity data from today was there too). Already checked, it syncronizes data correctly, I get notifications, I get cellular calls, I can make cellular calls (it shows the ongoing call on the iPhone while talking on the watch). It just works.

    So at the end the requirement limitation is completely deliberate and, in my opinion, a malicious move of Apple.

    submitted by /u/SonnigerTag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel