• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 6, 2019

    Apple Help My SSD is Shown as Two Different Drives in the Disk Utility

    Apple Help My SSD is Shown as Two Different Drives in the Disk Utility


    My SSD is Shown as Two Different Drives in the Disk Utility

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:40 PM PDT

    After fixing my internet recovery I ran into another issue as the title says. The first one had my Bootcamp Windows and the other one that I fixed recently is the blank MacOS drive part. The problem is that Bootcamp partition isn't shown as a separate partition, it actually acts like another drive being in the system which is pretty unusual. The first one has "APPLE SSD SM0512L Media" and the second one is "AppleAPFSMedia". When I try to partition the first one it actually shows the rest of the disk but the second one only has 400 GB of it and doesn't show the rest of it. How can I fix this problem?

    Thank you so much

    EDIT: My Macbook is a mid 2017 15" pro one

    Image of the Problem

    submitted by /u/aybarsiya
    [link] [comments]

    My Early 2011 MacBook Won’t turn on unless I use techniques?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    I got a early used 2011 MacBook and the only way it turns on is when I reset the SMS I believe it's called? Shift option and control and power it on? But it only stays on for like 10 seconds, goes to the apple logo loading screen and then just turns off. I've tried other hard drives, I did try a ssd that had windows on it and it didn't turn on which was weird. But tried a a even older hard drive from a 2008 MacBook and it did the same thing. Not sure what the issue is.. battery? Motherboard? Battery is also fully charged.

    submitted by /u/Justonfire_
    [link] [comments]

    Installed new SSD, now MacBook Pro won’t turn on

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    Just bought an OWC SSD for my MacBook Pro (13" mid-2010) and installed it today. At first, when I booted the laptop, I just got a white screen with a blinking file icon with a question mark in it. When I turned it off and tried to reboot it i recovery mode, I got nothing. I don't have any power in it anymore, and it is charged.

    Also, the hard drive that was in it before has crashed, which is why I bought the ssd. I followed the installation instructions carefully and it seemed pretty straightforward, so I'm wondering where I messed up.

    submitted by /u/h0ttea
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to force old.reddit.com automatically on Safari? Been struggling with the reddit redesign for so long ....

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    I mainly use safari to browse the internet and especially reddit, but the redesign had been very annoying ever since it's been introduced. I always have to manually go type old.reddit.com to get the better design back.

    Is there a way to force this in Safari, I know chrome has an extension but I don't use chrome :\

    ---EDIT----

    Found it

    1. Download TamperMonkey extension for Safari
    2. Use this script : https://gist.github.com/Gkjsdll/9c93042b0e9b7a5217e1a4c87535aab2
    3. ???
    4. Profit

    Keeping this here for future reference

    submitted by /u/kladenfar
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I have a bunch of different ID’s associated with Apple, and I can’t keep track of everything. Please save me

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    I consider myself tech savvy enough, but can't understand what is going on. I feel overwhelmed and am over it.

    I've had my Apple ID since before I even knew what I was doing. It's an yahoo account I don't use anymore. I use that to log into my Apple ID. and then I have my iCloud mail account, which isn't my Apple ID? Or is it? I have an account synced in the notes app, I feel like it's a different log in from my music app, which is complete separate from my iTunes account, which is separate from my messages app, which is completed different for my emails, and so on and so on...

    I'm exaggerating a bit but I truly am fed up with how fragmented my login info feels. I'm constantly being asked to change my passwords when I swear I just did and there is no way I'm forgetting them.

    Are there any resources that walk you through funneling/compiling my info into one alias? I'm prepared to delete old accounts, redirect emails or something. I'm sure there's a way to get myself organized but I just don't know where to begin

    submitted by /u/bihp
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an adapter to change the earpods lightning connector into a 3.5mm jack?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    I have a pair of earpods with the lightning connector but I can't plug them into my PC. Is there a converter or adapter or something I can buy to make it into a 3.5mm jack or maybe a USB?

    submitted by /u/bcwills
    [link] [comments]

    Diagnosing a 2015 15" MacBook Pro for someone, trying to determine if there is liquid damage.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am diagnosing a MacBook Pro 2015 15" for someones daughter. It will not power on with or without the charger. I have also tried disconnecting the battery, no dice. The charger stays amber even if there is not battery connected. I attached pictures where I think there may be potential liquid damage. Is that liquid damage, or some type of flux used during assembly?

    https://imgur.com/a/PtwpG5Q

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Nanabas
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook laptop for video editing, but on a budget?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    This is for my friend's teenager that does family videos, so not like film for professional production. Cost is also a concern for her. What do you think is the best MacBook laptop for them?

    I have the MacBook Air and it was ok, maybe not as fast as it could be and defiantly not enough space. I don't think her kids would be responsible enough to care for external SSDs.

    Do you think a MacBook Pro sounds good or would that be overkill for a teenager in college?

    I've had both but that was years ago so my knowledge on the differences aren't up to date.

    submitted by /u/nightlyblur
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Hard Reset to Improve Performance

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2014 Macbook Pro that's not been running great and hasn't been cared for super well (lots of downloading who knows what, messing around with the system in ways I probably shouldn't have). I've decided that a hard reset with a fresh OS might be a good idea or at the very least open up some free space. I'm not super computer savvy so I thought I'd post my plan here so someone might warn me if I'm about to make a horrible mistake.

    My plan:

    • Create a time machine backup on my external SSD
    • Reset the System Management Controller (using the steps explained here)
    • Deauthorize itunes, disable filevault, disable iCloud (also following instructions from the above article, not sure these steps are necessary since I'll continue to use it myself but I figure if I want a fresh start I might as well be thorough, and I don't mind setting things up again later)
    • Take off underside panel and vacuum out dust (ik it's bad in there and gets very hot)
    • Restart in recovery mode, erase hard drive, reinstall OS
    • Download select files back from time machine backup (Photos library, some word/pdf/image documents) but mostly set up again from scratch

    How does that sound? Anything I plan on doing that I shouldn't? Anything you would recommend that I haven't included?

    submitted by /u/lapislesbian
    [link] [comments]

    How does an iMac behave when the CPU isn't working properly?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    I have a late 2009 iMac 21.5. I've decided to do all the upgrades possible to it for fun. The last one I had left was a CPU upgrade. Teardown, inserting the CPU and reassembly all went very smoothly. Upon trying to boot the iMac an led on the board and the fans come on, but nothing else. The screen stays completely black. No chime, nothing. I disassembled the whole thing, took the CPU out, re-seated it, reapplied thermal paste, and put it all back together again. The second attempt to power it on had the same results. I'm at a loss as to whether it is a bad CPU or whether I've damaged something else during the replacement process. I figured I could Google how Macs behave when they have a bad processor but Google didn't return anything relevant. Can you guys tell me how a Mac will behave when the CPU is bad?

    TLDR: What does a Mac do when you boot it and the CPU isn't working?

    submitted by /u/Angry_Villagers
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Facetime

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    My dad connected his ID thing to the Mac and now every time he FaceTime's someone it just goes to the Mac and then the sound from my headphones sound (music, game audio, etc.) very muffled, I looked it up and clicked everything about 3 websites told me to and they were all the same pretty much. How do I stop this, because it's like every three minutes.

    submitted by /u/ExtendoIsShort
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2017 Docking Stations?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good docking station to use at work and home for my 2017 MBP. I'm hoping to acquire one with two HDMI, or DP ports, rather than a Thunderbolt, as I don't own any monitors with that connector. So far, I've found https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Display-Docking-Station-D3100/dp/B00O0M46KO/ and https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DB5DSXX

    Both of which appear to have their own individual problems according to user reviews. Does anyone have any information on docking stations that would allow me to use two external monitors, as well as the normal laptop screen? If not, what are the best docks for the criteria above?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/plast1K
    [link] [comments]

    How much is a rear camera replacement for an iPhone 8?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    MacBook Air charger not working

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    All of a sudden my charger is not working. I have tried everything, restarted it, cleaned out debris from charging port, even SMC reset, still nothing. No light from the charger so it obviously is not charging. Seriously need help

    submitted by /u/2jzSupra123
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook Pro for storing photos?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    How many GB would you recommend? I primarily use iPhoto.

    Or, what should I be using to store photos.

    submitted by /u/classicicedtea
    [link] [comments]

    Did I just break my display?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    I have an iphone 8, and after watching Auburn's loss tonight in march madness, I got frustrating and slapped my phone facedown on the carpet. I have an otterbox case on my phone and glass screen protector. When I slapped it on the ground, it was turned on. When I looked at it, the display was dimmed, and unresponsive. It slowly decreased in brightness and now will not turn on. What should I do? I appreciate your quick responses :)

    submitted by /u/Eft_inc
    [link] [comments]

    Can't access iCloud music library on new 2019 iMac

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    After checking the "iCloud Music Library" box in preferences I get an error message after about a minute that says "Genius results can't be updated right now. The network connection was lost."

    I'm definitely connected to the internet and I can still search for new music through Apple Music, but nothing is showing up in my library. Every time I try to add something new to my library it asks if I want to merge libraries.

    Anyone else dealt with this recently?

    submitted by /u/hamndchs
    [link] [comments]

    Apple and Flexgate

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    Keynote app on iPad crashes when using remote with MacBook Pro

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    I just installed the latest app version on iPad and MBP and now I can't use my iPad to control a keynote presentation. after a few slides the app shutdown on the iPad and restarting it takes ages to get back to where I was.

    I have tried removing the app from my iPad, shutting down, reinstalling the app, shutting down again, restarting then running the app - same problem. I've also re-paired the iPad with the MacBook.

    It seems to be something to do with having the Presenter notes showing on the iPad screen, because if I just have the Current Slide showing it works fine. When moving to the next slide there there is suddenly a 10-15 second delay on updating the iPad display, even though the MacBook display and what has been projected have moved on. After this happening with a few slides the whole app crashes.

    I posted about this on the Apple discussion boards and got a couple of other users saying they were having the same problem, but no helpful responses.

    I have an 2016 iPad Pro, a 2018 MacBook Pro, and both are up to date and with plenty of memory capacity.

    submitted by /u/SazzF
    [link] [comments]

    Safari hangs after using two-finger swipe gesture to go back a webpage.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Whenever I go back a webpage in Safari using the Two-Finger swipe gesture, the webpage hangs for 2-5 seconds. I can't scroll, click on links, etc. For reference, this happens on both of my machines, a 2018 MacBook Air and a 21.5" 4K iMac. Both are running macOS Mojave 10.14.4.

    Anyone else experiencing this issue and know a fix for it? I'm on the edge of switching back to Chrome if this bug doesn't get ironed out.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Aki-Baidya
    [link] [comments]

    What does “owned by root” mean?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    My Mac mini has been running stupid hot ever since I updated to 10.14.4 it's been running hot even when it's been asleep. I've gone to Activity Monitor to see what's going on and "fontworker" says it's using +/- 72% CPU. I was going to quit it but it says it's "owned by root".

    What shall I do?

    submitted by /u/DickonChuckles
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods charging but case isn't.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    So I got the new Airpods today. Airpods are charging fine but the case won't. The charging icon will appear for a second then disappear and the charge is decreasing despite leaving it plugged in for a while.

    submitted by /u/-Vertex-
    [link] [comments]

    Best XML viewer that retains formatting?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    I have a bunch of chat logs from my MSN Messenger days in XML format. When they open in TextEdit they're completely unformatted. I could have sworn Safari used to open XML in proper formatting but doesn't seem to anymore.

    Anyone have any leads?

    submitted by /u/woundedbreakfast
    [link] [comments]

    Moving from Google to Apple is a nightmare?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 05:12 AM PDT

    I've been using Google products since 2009 or maybe even before. I've thousands of emails and photos I want to move to iCloud and I can't do either.

    For email I tried both Thunderbird and Outlook to move emails over, Outlook won't move any, Thunderbird moves about 50% if even. As for photos another nightmare, Downloaded Google Drive to sync photos to computer then the plan was to drag them to iCloud Upload folder, in theory should work but doesn't as drive doesn't download half the photos even though it says it did, I then tried requesting my archive with Google takeout, another disaster and a load of the pictures and videos are in some random HVEC format that can't be read.

    Anyone any ideas how to do this?

    submitted by /u/flapjack81
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music App glitch?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    There's some sort of glitch in Apple Music where it says "Not Playing" and it won't go. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it, but it's still there. What can I do?

    http://imgur.com/OfHd458

    submitted by /u/UsernameNotTaken777
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel