• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 7, 2019

    Apple Help I’m going to be getting a 15” Mid-2012 Macbook Pro MD546LL/A (Non-Retina) and i’m having trouble finding a good Sleeve/Case for it

    Apple Help I’m going to be getting a 15” Mid-2012 Macbook Pro MD546LL/A (Non-Retina) and i’m having trouble finding a good Sleeve/Case for it


    I’m going to be getting a 15” Mid-2012 Macbook Pro MD546LL/A (Non-Retina) and i’m having trouble finding a good Sleeve/Case for it

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    So i'm going to be getting this Specific Macbook Pro soon and i'm having trouble finding a sleeve with the same dimensions (2.41 x 36.4 x 24.9 x Cm / 0.95 x 14.35 x 9.82 Inch)

    I know this Model is getting older by the day so Good quality sleeve for it seems to be hard to find.

    You guy's have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Avatar5701
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPad 4 (iOS 10.3.3) and I need the Google Drive app, which requires iOS 11. What are my options?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 09:36 PM PDT

    The reason I have this iPad is for sheet music. The group I play with has all our music on a Google drive. I went to install the Google drive app, but it says I need iOS 11, which I can't install. Is there any way I can install it?

    When I was setting up the iPad, I went through my purchased tab and downloaded some apps. For some, a prompt came up and told me the latest version was not compatible with my iPad, and then asked if I wanted to install an older version. So, in theory, if I dig out out my old iPhone (iOS 11), and download it on there, I should be able to go to the purchased tab on my iPad, get that prompt, and get an older version, correct?

    If that won't work, do you have any ideas what will? I'm using the Google Drive website right now, which is less than ideal.

    submitted by /u/ImperatorRomanus
    [link] [comments]

    To those who know well APFS... Mac Freezing

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I have this iMac late 2012 that was working well until I installed Mojave. Now the OS freezes for 10, 20, 50 seconds, several times a day. I suspect APFS is the culprit. This computer uses regular spinning HD and I read somewhere the APFS could make the computer slow.

    Do you think this freezing may be related to APFS?

    submitted by /u/CoolAppz
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 64 GB @ iOS 12.2: boot loop related problem

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    A couple of weeks ago, I had to restart my phone since the power button wouldn't work. It was then stuck in a boot loop. I pressed the volume up and home button to get out of it. The power button would work perfectly after the restart.

    It happened maybe about two more times and the button combination would work. I erased all content on my phone, but now the power button doesn't work. When restarting my phone, it loops for about three times then the phone shuts down completely. I can now always recreate this.

    What could be the problem? Is there more that I could do?

    submitted by /u/Kiel_Casto
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to use iPhone as audio input for Mac

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I'm following this video tutorial on how to use my iPhone 7 as a mic for my Mac 2013 desktop. When I try to enable my iPhone as an audio input, "usbd" appears in the activity monitor and my phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my computer. I can stop this by force quitting usbd but it starts up again when I try to enable my iPhone as an audio input. What can I do to fix this?

    Edit: Both my iPhone and Mac are up-to-date on software updates.

    submitted by /u/zekrombolt9000
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone X videos not working on laptop

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I made some videos by my iphone x, and when I copy them to my laptop and try to play it, it chops and becomes grey with VLC player, and does not even show any video on windows media player(only audio). I thought there was a problem with my laptop so I tried with few differents PC and MAC but it does not work. It plays fine on phone. Previously I did 1080 30fps videos, and those are ok, but not 60 fps. Anyone has experience with this? cuz I shot lot of footage with 60 fps and i am in desperate need of help.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/zerlegsda
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 8 won't turn on.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    Hello. Yesterday I bought the new iPhone 8, and it was delivered today.

    Now I'm having the issue that it won't turn on. Already tried multiple charges & the volume up, down, powerbutton. Nothing works.

    Anyone know how to fix this problem? Haven't even used it yet.

    submitted by /u/NLG_Quentius
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2010 IMAC stuck on log in screen

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Any ideas why a mid 2010 would not load in. I get the the sign in page but to put my password in to log in it take 20 minutes for each letter and once I officially log in it takes days and is unusable. I was able to pull the spec off of it through about a week of long steps. It used to work perfectly with my parents. After I inherited it. I set it up and it worked fine for approx a week Until I turned it off and after that it has been very sluggish

    iMac "core" i3 3.06 21.5

    Ram - 4gb Storage - 500 gb hdd ID - IMac 11,2 Vram - 256 mb Optical - 8x DL SuperDrive

    I have read that these machines are able to be upgraded via solid state and 16 gb ram which was my plan before it crapped the bed. I am technically inclined in shooting wires and such due to my job. Would it be better to fix it up, pay someone to fix it, or junk it and get something new? I only need it for online college and light internet/email use. Sorry for the detailed post just trying to give all info to help with the diagnosis.

    submitted by /u/Tryanything_twice
    [link] [comments]

    2012 iMac stuck on white screen + no keyboard - options?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    Model is Late 2012 21.5" iMac.

    A bit of background that may be relevant, but I'll keep it brief:

    • It has a bootcamp partition with Windows 7

    • I believe the drive was failing, as the mac partition (Mavericks) crashed over a year ago and I wasn't able to fix that through any methods.

    • I had finally gotten all my data off & was ready to erase the drive when the white screen started. I tried many troubleshooting options that I could find but none worked.

    • I replaced the drive hoping that would change it, it didn't.

    • The keyboard stopped registering when the white screens started & still won't register after the new drive (I know because the caps lock key no longer lights up on boot). Mouse is fine.

    • I have a boot drive for High Sierra that I made, but it won't boot past white screen with or without this plugged in.

    Basically I want to know what my options are here in terms of fixing this without a keyboard, and if I can't fix it is it worth taking to a professional? Should I keep the new drive or is that not the problem?

    submitted by /u/Qandyl
    [link] [comments]

    Someone help my MacBook is acting so weird

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    My 2011 MacBook clicks and then turns off randomly. And doesn't turn on for a few hours. It's weird as fuck. I went to Genius Bar and they did a whole diagnosed with it and everything checked as in "perfect" condition and there was no issues. But Im obviously having some issues.. so she shrugged it off and made it seem that my MacBook was perfectly fine even though I told her what's been happening lol..

    submitted by /u/Justonfire_
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or is my AirPods quality degrading?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    I got these 2 days ago.

    submitted by /u/Classic-AlarmTech
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud link share stuck uploading

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Hey there! I've recently gotten the XS and I used iCloud link share to share my photos from my old iPhone 6S and it's stuck uploading 4,829 items. It's been like that since 12:00 PM this morning, any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Flipyapzz
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling BlueTooth on iMac (Mojave)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    A family member of mine wishes to remove all wireless signals from his home, including BlueTooth on his iMac.

    Not interested in discussing the merits or effectiveness of such a decision, just simply looking to assist him with this one task.

    He switched all his peripherals to wired (keyboard, mouse) but when I click the BT icon and then "Turn BlueTooth off", I get a message saying this cannot be done as you would lose connection to your input devices"

    When I go into preferences it searches for BT devices but finds none... so what "devices" are holding me back from disabling the BT signal?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/commuter85
    [link] [comments]

    IPad mini 1 broken screen

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    Hello, I don't know exactly what is broken on the screen. Even though half of the screen is black and there are black lines on the other one, the touch capacity works all over the screen.

    What do you think is the problem? Is something I can fix by myself? Is it worth repairing the screen? Thanks!

    https://imgur.com/doAURPT

    submitted by /u/yanohueleamiao
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used a wall mount for a 27 inch I-Mac?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    I have an older iMac that I want to mount above my work bench but searching for mounts shows me a lot of different options and prices. I suppose I could just build a shelf but a wall mount would be cooler.

    submitted by /u/mikeyRamone
    [link] [comments]

    2009 iMac not so bright anymore....

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    After putting it off for 2 years I finally put an SSD in my 2009 iMac.

    Now the brightness is about 75% even though the brightness control in El Capitan is going up and down fine,

    Have I overlooked a sensor when putting it back together? Or is it just a software fault?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Quadra840av
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for a little advice on this MBP I bought.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    Hello all. I have for a long time refurbished, flipped, resold, and bought laptops, desktops, and the like. I came across a 13" MacBook Pro mid-2012 i5 (MBP 9,2) that is in just out of the box condition a few weeks ago and snatched it up for 370 from a pawn shop. The previous owner too great care of it from what I see. It came with a leather case I have kept on and I have sent put a MX500 crucial 500GB ssd and 16GB of RAM in it, which put it at about what it can max out at. I installed the latest Mojave version (I still like Sierra and High Sierra better) and tried to sell it but could not. I think I will keep it as I have never had anything this nice or new. What all do you all do for the software side? Antivirus like ESET? File Vault? Firmware Passwords? Besides a good password, what are things you all do with your best favorite laptops and desktops?

    Also, does it hold a second drive?

    submitted by /u/doc_brietz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to disable the "disc not ejected properly" notification?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    I have a small array of drives that I connect through a USB hub and for reasons I don't understand one of them has the habit of disconnecting and reconnecting on its own. I don't know why, and it's not a big enough issue to merit a lot of troubleshooting. However, if I leave my Mac plugged into the hub for a couple days, when I get back to it there are as many as I'd estimate around 60 warnings popped up, and no way to clear them all at once. I just have to click click click endlessly for a few minutes before I can do anything at all involving the right side of the screen, such as clicking to create this post.

    Other than never using a USB drive again (yes I know that's an option) is there another way to disable this warning or at least prevent giant piles of them from racking up?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    Hide contact icons in message app (MacOS)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    How can I hide or disable the contact icons in the message app? Can't find an option to hide them on the settings.

    submitted by /u/ZCR92
    [link] [comments]

    iMac (2008) can’t run any new software but I can’t afford to upgrade.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 02:10 AM PDT

    I've finally cracked!

    I've had my iMac since early-2008 (yes, it's old, I know). I've always loved it but over the past few years I obviously haven't been able to get the latest Mac OS due to hardware constraints.

    At first I tried to make this work but it's now at the point where I can't get any recent software because my OS isn't supported. I'd love to upgrade but as a full-time university student I just don't have that kind of money.

    Is there anything I can do? My computer hardware is perfectly fine; I just can't do much on it these days!

    submitted by /u/shmaclean
    [link] [comments]

    Help. Ipad 2 data verison wont turn on

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    My friend gave me like a year ago his data version ipad 2 because it wouldn't turn on. I just put it up on the charger again to see again if it would work at all. There are almost no scratches almost amazing condition. The screen just wont power on i dont even see any light thru the screen. Would i just need a new battery? Screen? What can fix it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/anonynous778
    [link] [comments]

    My device wont connect to wifi

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    It says "The identity of imap.gmail.com Cannot be verfied by mail Can some please help me? This happens when i try to connect to wifi

    submitted by /u/cluelessflier
    [link] [comments]

    My device wont lemme connect to wifi??

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    It says "The identity of imap.gmail.com Cannot be verfied by mail Can some please help me?

    submitted by /u/cluelessflier
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Stuck Booting Up

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    My MacBook Retina e2015 is stuck booting up and i have no idea what to do about it. It's now 5:17pm and its been doing it since 4am this morning. I tried safe mode; same thing happened, stuck. I tried to let it sit and let the battery fully drain. No luck whatsoever. Heres a link so y'all know what I'm seeing

    Edit: Fixed Link TLDR; Mac stuck in bootloop

    submitted by /u/GigaByte_
    [link] [comments]

    Brand New 2018 MBP internet extremely slow! Need help.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2019 01:18 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a brand new 2018 MBP and it can barely connect to the internet. I need to figure out what settings to fix to make it connect.

    I googled it and all the articles are about resetting the router, but my problem cannot the internet, the router, or any external device because all other devices in the house connect perfectly with fast speeds, including iPad, iPhone, and other computers.

    In addition, it is not the computer's hardware because it connects perfectly with fast speeds when I boot up the Windows 10 Boot Camp partition.

    There is some setting in Mojave 10.14.4 which is causing the computer to disconnect, have slow speeds, and freeze up when streaming video (to the point where I have to hard reset it).

    Again, it cannot be the router, internet, or computer hardware; because all of these are confirmed to work when not running Mojave.

    In have already tried resetting PRAM and SMC, to no avail. Computer is ~2 weeks old.

    How do I get macOS unstuck from the 'stupid' setting so I can use the internet?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DontHateDefenestrate
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel