• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    macOS iMessage Photo Attachments Showing in Finder

    macOS iMessage Photo Attachments Showing in Finder


    iMessage Photo Attachments Showing in Finder

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:24 AM PST

    So I was looking for an item in Finder and I was surprised that there were some photos that appeared that I for sure have filtered out or deleted from my Photos app. I traced the path of one of the files and I was able to trace it back to:

    /Users/username/Library/Messages/Attachments.

    I was wondering if there's a way to hide this from Finder or perhaps maybe I should just delete those attachments altogether. I am using iCloud and I'm not pretty sure if this will resurface once I delete it. Insights and help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Blitzwing98
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Setup Assistant keeps spinning and searching for nonexistent keyboard; dead in the water

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:35 AM PST

    A dialog box is searching for a nonexistent Bluetooth keyboard. It keeps spinning and spinning, and I cannot do anything on the computer. It's a 2016 Macbook Pro, totally refurbished with upgrades, Mojave. I cannot turn it off, reboot it, or make the Bluetooth Assist window turn off. Need suggestions. Have tried several several keyboard commands to make it reboot to no avail.

    submitted by /u/withiniswithout
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro overheating issues / fan recommendations?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:42 PM PST

    Early 2013 Macbook Pro Retina

    I know this is a common issue with macbooks, how have you handled it?

    I have a cheap little usb laptop fan and have it elevated a bit, but unless I have a box fan directly next to the laptop it runs incredibly slow, almost unusable. It's not a huge deal for me since I basically treat my macbook like a mac mini, off to the side with peripherals, but still.

    Is there a fan/stand anybody can recommend to me that should do the job without needing an additional box fan 2" from the laptop?

    submitted by /u/mrfebrezeman360
    [link] [comments]

    Safari reading list not syncing

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:18 PM PST

    I tried everything I found on the internet to solve the issue but without any success. The reading list is the only thing that for some reason does not sync between my iPhone and MacBook. Any ideas what to do?

    submitted by /u/gfc121
    [link] [comments]

    Finally successfully updated to Mojave

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:22 AM PST

    So after about a dozen update tries, I finally managed to update my late 2013 27" iMac from High Sierra to Mojave. Each try ended up with a stuck progress bar. Safe mode, PRAM reset didn't help. Power cycling from the stuck progress bar finally got me into the GUI, but it was slow as molasses ( A lot of startup programs were asking for disk access or Accessibility permission, so that didn't help either) and for some reason the Network prefpane was empty for minutes, before it populated, but no network connection (neither wired or wireless). I was about to give up and restore my backup, but googling I found the tip to delete the file /etc/sysctl.conf and wouldn't you know that worked. Network is back and everything is running smoothly now. But really, Apple? Wouldn't you think your installer could handle that better?

    submitted by /u/nanobra1n
    [link] [comments]

    What services do you use on your devices?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I think I'm suffering from the paradox of choice a bit and want outside opinions. I'm am currently trying to decide between Office 365 Business and G Suite for my email and other office needs (going with Business or G Suite so I can use a custom domain for my email). I'm trying to figure out which will work better and with what mail client. I hear that Apple's mail clients don't support push with Google, so I'm leaning towards Office 365. However, I also have seen Gmail better supported in general with advanced features (Remember Sparrow?). I'm also trying to decide which cloud and office suite to use, but email is my main concern. Also looking at OneNote vs other note apps on macOS if I decide to go Office 365.

    What do you use? I'm also trying to consider how these work on iOS, so thoughts on that would be great too.

    submitted by /u/StallmansBeardedBro
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for Time Machine Backups on external HDD

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:50 AM PST

    I have a fairly new MacBook Air (128GB) and would like to store TM Backups on an external HDD. Are there any specific recommendations for HDD sizes and/or models that would suit this purpose best?

    Should the HDD be used exclusively for TM or could I also use it for storing other data? Is there anything to be considered when doing that? What happens when TM Backups consume more and more space?

    I have a docking station with plenty of ports (as the MacBook has only two), so using a separate HDDs / SD Cards would be no issue.

    submitted by /u/DrHeywoodRFloyd
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaup App recommendation

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:10 PM PST

    Looking for an HD cleaning, malware-detecting uninstaller app (Like CleanMyMac or MacBooster). Any recommendations? Are either of those two worth using?

    submitted by /u/mightyblend
    [link] [comments]

    I downloaded a software update a week ago and my computer has been like this ever since, I can shut it off and turn it back on and it will reload the bar in the middle of the screen but halts once the bar completely fills up and the screen gets stuck like this. Please help.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 10:27 AM PST

    See which apps are running on which core?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:56 PM PST

    My understanding is that the OS is smart enough to spread around single threaded apps, so they're not all on the same core. Is there a tool to see which apps are running on which core? Either by asking about an app (which core is this app running on?) or asking about the core (which apps are running on this core?).

    submitted by /u/limpingrobot
    [link] [comments]

    Firefox 62 Battery Performances on Macbook Pro 2017

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:09 AM PST

    Good afternoon to everyone,

    I was wondering whether the actual stable release of Firefox (62 if I am correct) has still the issues related to performances (e.g. memory) and battery drain.

    I would like to drop Chrome due to the privacy related issues. However, I have read that Firefox Quantum has many issue of optimization on Mac OS and Apple laptops.

    I'm running Mac Os Mojave 10.14.2 on a MacBook Pro 2017 TB with Intel i5 7th gen 3.1Ghz, 16 GB of Ram and 256gb of SSD.

    Let me know about your experience, possibly on this kind of machine. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/alepersichetti
    [link] [comments]

    Picture in picture with Chrome?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:38 AM PST

    As we all know and love the picture in picture feature with Safari on MacOS, it's great! I'm just not a fan of Safari, I don't hate it, I have just got Chrome working with my whole setup and moving whole browsers for one feature isn't worth it. So what I am enquiring about is it possible for this feature to work with Google Chrome?

    Thanks for any help given in advance.

    submitted by /u/B055_Chicken
    [link] [comments]

    Exclude external drives from Smart Folder?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:54 AM PST

    I have some Smart Folders set up with collate multiple items depending on whatever tags I assign. Is all good but when I attach external drives to back up my system these Smart Folders show all the versions of the same items in the folder found on those drives: i.e. for two drives attached the Smart Folder shows 3 versions/duplicates of each item in the folder.

    How do I stop this and just get the SF displaying the items found on my laptop? Does the SF draw it's data from Spotlight? If so then is it just a case of excluding the drives from Spotlight (would rather not do this) - or is there a better way?

    submitted by /u/segovius
    [link] [comments]

    How can I check the Hash from a MacOS Installer.app ?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:43 AM PST

    I want to check the Hash of a installer file of High Sierra (Install macOS High Sierra.app) that I found on the internet.

    I tried openssl sha1 (full path)

    shasum (full path)

    but it did not work :(

    submitted by /u/fatihlicious
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel