• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 3, 2019

    macOS HEVC encoding in Mojave seems faster than it was in Sierra… Could this be true?

    macOS HEVC encoding in Mojave seems faster than it was in Sierra… Could this be true?


    HEVC encoding in Mojave seems faster than it was in Sierra… Could this be true?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:51 AM PST

    I went straight from Sierra to Mojave recently, and it feels like when I encode video files into HEVC (x265) using Handbrake it's faster than it was. Same MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015.

    Am I imagining this?

    submitted by /u/Duckmandu
    [link] [comments]

    Clean install MacOS can no longer access Windows bootcamp drive

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 05:56 PM PST

    Hi guys

    The problem is that I can no longer access my Windows bootcamp drive through holding the option key on startup. Only the MacOS drive is shown.

    I did a clean install of MacOS because I installed a new SSD in my 2011 MBP 13, never touched the bootcamp drive or its partitions (separate drive altogether), and it is still intact, I can see the files if I'm in MacOS (High Sierra). The drive is also shown in the "startup drive" section of settings. If I select it, though, and restart, I get an error message saying "No bootable device, insert disc and press any key".

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/sugarkryptonite
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS crashed for no reason. Now I have to do a reinstall.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 09:01 PM PST

    I bought a used Macbook 15 about 2 months ago and I installed a fresh copy of High Sierra.

    I don't use Macs but I needed it for my job and the only programs I installed after the fresh install was Firefox, Chrome, Keynote and MS Office 2019.

    I usually use my Windows laptop for everything but I was using it for something else this time so I decided to whip out my Macbook so I could cruise Reddit. Today, I did a shutdown and when I went to start it back up, MacOS tells me that it couldn't install and to try and restart or reinstall the OS again. The restart didn't work so now I HAVE to reinstall MacOS.

    Wtf went wrong? Like I said, I normally don't use my Macbook so it gets very little use so I'm perplexed that the OS did a hard crash like it did. The last time one of my Windows machines crashed hard like this was way back when I was using Windows 95.

    submitted by /u/fureddit1
    [link] [comments]

    Files with no tags are shown as tagged in Finder

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 12:58 PM PST

    Files with no tags are shown as tagged in Finder

    I tagged a file with red, then I clicked on "red" in Finder so it showed the file I've tagged recently. After that, I removed the tag from the file. However, the file is still shown as red when I click on "red" under "Tags". I tried retagging it, and then remove it again, but it never disappears from there. Please help, it's so annoying.

    https://i.redd.it/ws8ao9o0q2821.png

    submitted by /u/Pepszi98
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting old macOS installer from trash ? It just won't allow me to delete... Ty

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Facetime audio problem

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 11:13 PM PST

    I have a problem every single time I facetime someone. The person I'm calling can hear me perfectly but I cannot hear them. This problem is solved if I reboot my mac (Macbook Pro 15-inch 2017 with touchbar, Mojave 10.14.2) but after I end the call, the problem persists. Both my speakers and my microphone are working properly. The only app that seems to be having this issue is Facetime. This has been going on for months. I'll greatly appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/rnzdnyr
    [link] [comments]

    How can I locate all recently created, downloaded or modified files on my Mac?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 02:11 PM PST

    I am in need of a way to locate all files, folders, projects, etc. that have been created, downloaded or modified within the past 2 months. Everything that has been downloaded, created or modified is in various folders and locations on my computer, so going to each location and sorting by "recent" isn't the ideal way because I may miss some of the things that are located in places I'd forget to check. Any solutions on a way to do this that will pull everything from all locations on my computer up in one search?

    submitted by /u/keenanbranch
    [link] [comments]

    Brother scan function disappeared

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 04:30 PM PST

    I've been using a Brother MFC-J6720DW for a couple years. Suddenly, I no longer have the Scan option in the Print/Scan System Pref. Running 10.12.6 ,the only change that had been made was the latest Security Update. I have no way to use the built in Scanning functionality now. I have installed the latest drivers, which I already had, and it has made no difference. I see things are called AirPrint now, which it wasn't the last time I installed this printer.

    submitted by /u/cawpin
    [link] [comments]

    Sierra vs High Sierra memory usage is there any way to lean out High Sierra so it doesn't require so much memory?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 08:50 PM PST

    I just upgraded a few days ago from Sierra to High Sierra, can't do Mojave because my card won't do Metal. So I was watching memory under Sierra, I have 12GB which tops off this board without replacing all the ram.

    2GB x 6slots, so I'd have toss some chips and get new ones which I don't want to do. My system was running good before under 6GB, I then upgraded to 12GB and it's been awesome. I upgrade to High Sierra and even with 1/2 the things open, it seems to be having a hard time. I'm looking at the memory swapped, compressed, etc... and it's as if I had a LOT more things open.

    All I had open was Chrome with about 8 tabs and Xcode.

    I haven't gone in and removed things so I don't know if I have some stock apps loaded that come with HS?

    Is there a site I can go to in order to find about about leaning out HS? Maybe something that lists off what apps are needed for what. I don't use photos, itunes and a bunch of other things, but not sure what to unload.

    submitted by /u/KarlJay001
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 05:45 PM PST

    How hard is it to set up. If it is hard ignore the rest of this post. If it is easy can you put both on the internal drive. Can you change which one you boot from. I use MacOS for most things but there is still a few things I use on Win10.

    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/jdog7249
    [link] [comments]

    Which Plist is the Dark Mode setting stored in?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 09:41 AM PST

    I am rolling out Mojave soon and I would like to implement dark mode universally for all new users. I did some research and an earlier post was asked with no answer. Anyone know where its stored?

    submitted by /u/R3YNO
    [link] [comments]

    Folder Based email system

    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 08:23 AM PST

    Good day all,

    I am hoping some of you can point me in the right direction for an app. I am in need of a folder-based email system to send attachments to folder-determined contacts. Essentially, I need to make a bunch of folders, which will stay static. Put a PDF file inside of a folder, and then have it email the contents of that folder to a contact.

    Example would be: Folder name: ContactA. I put a file in it, or 10 files in it, and then when I choose (or schedule) it will email [joe@mydomain.com](mailto:joe@mydomain.com) the contents of that folder. I know Ive seen some automator scripts to do things like it, but with using Outlook and Office365, the new version of Outlook doesn't support automator like the old version did.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/HackerJL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel