• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 6, 2019

    iPhone Case security at its’ finest.

    iPhone Case security at its’ finest.


    Case security at its’ finest.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:25 PM PST

    Airpower

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:31 AM PST

    iPhone XR: spec-obsessed reviewers are overrated

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 05:53 AM PST

    Just switched from the iPhone X to the XR. I was facing a costly repair and figured trade-in values for the X are probably right around their peak after the holiday season. The XR is a seriously impressive phone, and I think partially overshadowed by the XS/Max phones.

    The features I've given up for the XR (3D touch, 2x zoom, OLED, less bezel) are things that I've noticed less and less as I've used the phone more. Haptic touch is a reasonable substitute, and it is nice to not accidentally trigger a 3D touch command when I didn't mean to. The 3D touch command I find myself missing occasionally is peek-and-pop for quick copying photos for a message. As a former plus owner, the only display gripe I notice every once in a while is Apple's opting to use a 326 ppi display instead of the 401 previously used for plus-sized displays. But don't let that get you down.

    The single biggest reason I chose the XR over the XS: the battery. For the first time, I can make it through a whole work day without a charger - even with heavy use. I continue to be impressed how good it is even on days where my use is much lighter.

    I've seen other posts on here with questions about the iPhone XR, and I just wanted to give my two cents to those who have been on the fence about upgrading to the 2018 iPhones. Stick to the reviews where people have actually held and used the phone, rather than judge it based on a spreadsheet of specs. Reviewers also jump too quickly to recommend the flagship iPhone XS over the XR. While the XS has quality improvements over the XR, you'll really ask yourself if the R's missing features are really worth the extra $250-350. Besides, it also may be more future-proof over the XS since the processor is less taxed by the LCD over the OLED.

    Tl;dr - Upgraded to the XR from the iPhone X: Or, How I Learned to ignore YouTube 'reviewers' and love the phone

    submitted by /u/Poolofcheddar
    [link] [comments]

    XR case return - Bad design?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:07 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/aoms9ig

    So I returned my case last week, and don't quite understand how this could get thru Apple's QC. The issue I had was that when you used emoji voice recordings, the playback was clicking and echoing on the receiving end. After changing out the case to a 3rd party otterbox, the clicking was gone.

    Apparently after some digging there's some discussion that the Apple case can cause interference (either blocking or covering) either a microphone or noise cancellation on the device.

    How does this make it past their own design and testing department? Considering the premium you pay on Apple accessories I expected better.

    submitted by /u/Tallyho2222
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Smart TVs to Launch iTunes Movies & TV Shows and Support AirPlay 2 Beginning Spring 2019

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:44 AM PST

    I let a kid play with my phone, and now a bunch of my pictures and videos are perma-deleted. He even cleared out “recently deleted”, and the phone has not been backed up to iTunes on any Mac or pc. Is it possible to somehow retrieve those photos and videos?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 12:24 AM PST

    I learned the hard way that if you let a little kid play with your phone, a bunch of pictures and videos will be "accidentally" deleted. Any way to get those back, or am I screwed?

    EDIT: thanks for the responses. No luck restoring from iCloud. I'm thinking of trying one of those software programs that claims to be able to restore permanently deleted stuff from iPhones. Has anyone tried any, do they work, and are they safe to use (as in i viruses or adware)? Fwiw, I do have iCloud backup turned on for photos/videos but apparently deleting on phone = deleting on icloud.

    submitted by /u/Drclaw411
    [link] [comments]

    Recently upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone XS Max, and holy crap I love it!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 08:40 PM PST

    I was one of those people who said they didn't like the bigger screens of plus/Max models. Didn't like face ID, didn't want to lose the home button.

    After a few days of using this phone, none of that matters at all. The size isn't that crazy at all, you get use to it very quickly and it actually ends up feeling very nice.

    Face idea is a lot smoother and better than I thought/heard. Works fine at night and if my face is partial blocked. Very fast and snappy.

    Swipe up for home is so awesomely smooth, I don't miss the button at all.

    And the new display type (i forget what they call it. I wanna say Liquid display) where the screen takes up almost all of the phone is very nice and feels so fancy.

    Not to mention the obvious stuff like the camera being great and the phone being super fast and smooth.

    I love the iPhone XS Max

    submitted by /u/Ryvit
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s in 2019

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 05:02 AM PST

    Hi all its still worth to buy 6s in 2019? thanx for answers

    submitted by /u/Janiciar94
    [link] [comments]

    How do you find wallpapers for your iPhones?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 12:52 AM PST

    As in the title, any sites where you search for your iPhone wallpapers? That would be really helpful.

    submitted by /u/Kulcia1
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone is disabled

    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 01:49 PM PST

    Case for the XR?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:34 AM PST

    I have a little list of cases that I'm considering to buy for a new red XR.

    Rhinoshield: Previously I had a Crashguard for my iPhone 6s and it was great so I'm thinking of getting either the Crashguard NX or Mod NX.

    Spigen: I've heard lots of great things about Spigen and I'm thinking about getting either a Liquid Crystal or Ultra Hybrid.

    Speck: I saw some good reviews for the Presidio Stay Clear.

    Catalyst: Also saw some good reviews for the Impact Protection case.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/BlazingJaws
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to use the Belkin wireless charger to charge iPhone?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:19 AM PST

    I have the iPhone X and I received this as a secret santa gift and have been hearing about how it can mess up your battery. I can see how it messes up the battery by how warm the back center of the phone gets. Has anyone used the wireless charger for a long time and seen a difference in their battery performance?

    submitted by /u/lastnameeva
    [link] [comments]

    New battery in iPhone 6 showing as 75% optimal battery life.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 04:07 AM PST

    Hi, I had my iPhone 6 battery replaced yesterday , checked the battery condition straight away and it showed 100%. However last night my phone turned itself off at what must have been 30 % charge, charged it to full overnight and now the battery is only showing 75% optimal charge. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/chefticus
    [link] [comments]

    Taptic Engine on iPhone 8 Plus is making hollow sounds when pressing home button.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 08:53 AM PST

    When it vibrates it makes a strange echoey hollow sound. Is this a faulty device?

    submitted by /u/Jayrobert_
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Need to transfer long video of my dying grandfather from iPhone 7 Plus to computer or Google Drive.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 08:41 AM PST

    I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit but I need some help. About 10 months ago I finally got my 102 year grandfather to sit down and talk about his experiences landing at Normandy and fighting in WW II. I used my iPhone 7 Plus to record it. I cannot get this file to transfer to my computer in any sort of format that it will play in.

    He is in now in hospice and will probably be dead within a few days. The video is about 50 minutes long. I tried to transfer it via hooking my phone up to the computer but it downloaded in a format that I can't play or change. I've tried multiple times to use Google Drive on my phone but it always fails. I'm afraid that my phone is going to shit the bed before I can save it somewhere else. I want my sisters, mom and nieces and nephews to be able to see it.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    TLDR: Need help transferring interview with my dying grandpa about his WW II experiences from iPhone 7 Plus to computer, Google Drive, Dropbox or something similar.

    submitted by /u/Sandman1025
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app that allows you to lock iPhone screen by some other means than the side button...

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 06:16 AM PST

    Strange request, I know but my iPhone 7 is my company cell and their upgrade schedule sucks. I have this phone until next spring. A few weeks ago my side button started being flaky. Instead of casually hitting it with my right thumb to lock the device, I started having to be very deliberate about pushing it. Now, I have to actually take my index finger and press down fairly hard on the otter box side button to get the screen to lock. To be clear, the problem is the otter box rubber insert in the side button hole is worn down. There is nothing physically wrong with the phone's side button. I could drop $60 on a new case but there is nothing else wrong with this one. I was hoping to find an app that will lock the screen by shaking, tapping or dancing some kind of jig as stop gap before I breakdown and buy a new case or upgrade to a new phone.

    EDIT: NB4 I'm told about the marvelous invention called Google. I tried. You sort of get inundated by parental controls that lock apps, not the screen itself.

    submitted by /u/ddaug4uf
    [link] [comments]

    If you remove someone from family sharing, will the screen time locks on their phone still be present or will it be removed?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 10:15 AM PST

    iPhone x or xs

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 10:08 AM PST

    I'm coming from android and I will be getting it with my carrier on a two year contract. And the difference that they have between both phones is only $50, so for just an extra 50 bucks I get the newest one. But I've read that actually the x performs better and has better battery life and that the xs has a weird screen or something like that.

    Should I pay the extra 50 bucks in advance to get the xs?

    submitted by /u/edgaarc
    [link] [comments]

    Worth switching from iPhone 8+ to an iPhone X?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 12:17 AM PST

    The cost to make the jump to an iPhone X for me if I were to sell my iPhone 8+ and buy the X on Swappa/eBay would be around $300. Is it worth the upgrade?

    The main benefits I see is the smaller size for easier daily use, camera, and FaceID.

    submitted by /u/renoka
    [link] [comments]

    What security features would you like to see in future iPhones?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:58 AM PST

    I'd like to see these features and all of them are possible for the next model:

    Faraday also helps preserve your privacy by optionally performing a factory reset when certain conditions are met while your device is offline. Examples of these are: after too many failed unlock events or if it remains off the network for a certain amount of time after it's been automatically locked.

    If any of the "erase device" options are enabled and triggered your data will be destroyed. Your device will remain unusable until verified after it restarts.

    submitted by /u/ZylmhuinVII
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone please tell me what "Screen Off" time means in battery settings?? Why is it always a few minutes (2min or 3min) for me even though my phone is in standby for hours at a stretch??

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:58 AM PST

    Screen just turned into this

    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 09:56 AM PST

    I think it was dropped it at some point (perhaps not?). Any chance it's going to be repaired by Apple, or will I have to pay the full price? https://i.imgur.com/KvR2UBZ.jpg

    submitted by /u/shipanda01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel