• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    iPhone Amazing that 3 year old iPhones are being advertised in 2019.

    iPhone Amazing that 3 year old iPhones are being advertised in 2019.


    Amazing that 3 year old iPhones are being advertised in 2019.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:13 AM PST

    What's the incentive to switch to an iPhone in 2019?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:54 AM PST

    TLDR at he bottom. I've been using android for 9 years, currently have a Pixel 2 XL, but I'm exploring my options to upgrade later this year.

    I've been tempted to make the switch since the iPhones got bigger, but the higher price (particularly of the the XS Max) always swings me back to android. I've particularly been looking at the XS Max.

    Given that I'm not locked into the apple ecosystem (I don't own any other apple products and have never used an iPhone), I'm finding it hard to justify the 'Apple Tax'. I know there are cheaper versions of the iPhone available (either via older models or the XR), but if I'm switching from the top end android phones, I don't want to switch to older phones or have to compromise on what Apple has to offer.

    I know that the A12 is a beast, IOS is better optimized, face unlock really has no rivals on Android and iPhones have a very 'premium' feel. But stock android is great and despite what people think, stays fast for a number of years. I'm doubtful of the extent to which you notice a faster processor in day to day use, and the finger print scanner on my Pixel is fantastic. I can have my phone unlocked before I even look at the screen. In addition, my Pixel has unlimited cloud storage at full resolution, Samsung (another option I'm looking at) has expandable storage and huge internal storage, and android in general has much cheaper repairs, making me struggle to see the long term value on the other side.

    It's also just a huge slap in the face that I would have to buy a quick charger separately after spending a fortune on an iPhone.

    So, putting the above together, why would a long term android user switch to an iPhone in 2019?

    TLDR: Been using android for 9 years so I'm not locked into Apples ecosystem. Given the quality, and value for money android devices offer today, why would I spend significantly more to buy into the iPhone in 2019?

    Disclaimer: please don't think I'm ripping on Apple, I have nothing against them and genuinely like iPhones. I'm just struggling to justify the purchase in today's phone market, without already being locked into the ecosystem.

    submitted by /u/cj4962
    [link] [comments]

    What are these holes on my iPhone 8 case for

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:00 AM PST

    Facetime bug will let your caller hear your audio before you pick up

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:51 PM PST

    Traitors.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:42 PM PST

    Apple Disables Group FaceTime.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:16 PM PST

    iPhone locked notes

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Curious if anyone has any insight:

    Why can't you lock a note with a video in it but you can lock a note with a photo in it?

    submitted by /u/stuunz
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube's relationship to system audio control

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:04 AM PST

    How come the center Siri/play/pause button on the microphone/in-line control on Apple's headphones only works with YouTube some of the time? I'll use it to pause YouTube and then clicking it again doesn't do anything. Sometimes I'll pause YouTube with it and then clicking it again will cause the music or podcast app to start playing, and then sometimes it works fine to play and pause Youtube like one would expect it to. What gives? Is there some setting I'm not aware of?

    Detail: specifically referring to using the in-line button to control YouTube on a locked iPhone in my pocket.

    submitted by /u/sixfivezerotwo
    [link] [comments]

    A major privacy flaw in Apple's FaceTime lets others listen in on you before you answer the call

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:02 PM PST

    Virus on iPhone

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:18 AM PST

    Can an iPhone be hacked? For example if you buy it second hand can someone put something to steal your data, or spy on you?

    submitted by /u/Nozlatanisback
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway go delete a conversation but save the recent messages?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:18 AM PST

    I have some imessage conversations that go so far back and they're taking up way too much of my memory but i'd like to keep some of the more recent ones. Is there anyway to do this? Or am I just gonna have to delete the whole convo?

    submitted by /u/theboysaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Friend just “hacked” my phone

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:35 PM PST

    He has an iPhone so do I. I was minding my own business when I heard him calling out my name. No idea where it was coming from when I realized it was coming from my phone so I figured no big deal, probably butt dialed him. Nope. He was facetiming me and I had the Accept Facetime screen but he could hear me and I could hear him. I didn't have to accept or anything. He states he can do it to anybody. Anyone know what this is?

    edit: OK SO I FOUND OUT HOW IT WORKS. facetime someone then add yourself to the facetime

    submitted by /u/U2ez_
    [link] [comments]

    Why such bad screen on time on iPhone 8 1y old?. Never ever run betas, never ever fast charged it and I'm a casual player the rest comes to social media, all notifications and background app refresh is turned off (except for really necessary apps like mail or similar), mid level brightness. Help plz

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:20 AM PST

    Can I connect a controller connected to my computer through USB to my iPhone through Bluetooth on my PC?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:19 AM PST

    I have an Xbox 360 controller connected to my PC via a wireless connection with a USB adapter on my computer. Can I relay the input from the controller to my iPhone?

    submitted by /u/seniorbob726
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Get This Emoji?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:11 AM PST

    I've been looking for an app that will let me use the white heart suit emoji within my keyboard but the only things I find are apps where I have to go to the app everytime I want to use the emoji and copy it onto my clipboard.

    Here's an example of the emoji.

    submitted by /u/lanadeljey
    [link] [comments]

    Default iPhone speech to text doesn’t capitalize the first word of a sentence

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:45 AM PST

    nor does it ever capitalize i. are there settings somewhere that would have an effect on capitalization?

    submitted by /u/boston_homo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Notification Bug - Details below

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:26 AM PST

    I'm getting some funky activity with my iPhone notifications recently. While my screen is locked, notifications pop up with no issue. Usually within a second or two, the notification pushes via Bluetooth to my Fitbit. This is all normal activity...

    However, when I'm using my phone in ANY way - using an app, texting, reading an email, screen just not locked, etc., none of the notification banners are showing up. I've checked settings for everything, and banners are still selected for all apps I want notifications from. If I'm looking at my home screen and a text and email come up, the only way to tell is by the updated badges... There is no banner notification AND no vibration alert. The odd thing? My Fitbit is still pushing notifications, so I know from the vibration on my wrist that something new came in.

    Anyone ever had this issue pop up before? TIA

    submitted by /u/marshallfriday
    [link] [comments]

    Share your home screen :)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:31 PM PST

    [suggestion] Allow the user to lock apps on the App Switcher so that music apps won’t be accidentally swiped closed when clearing the apps out.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:31 PM PST

    Before iOS 12.2 I couldn’t turn off WiFi and Bluetooth from control center and now I can after updating

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:30 AM PST

    How to remove restrictions on iPhone on IOS 12 without password for screen time?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:26 AM PST

    Parents put restrictions on most apps from 6-10 and removed safari and App Store. I'm 17 nearly 18 in the summer and refuse to budge. Is there anyway to remove this password or glitch in Safari or App Store?

    submitted by /u/givekrunksomelove
    [link] [comments]

    Huge issue

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:08 AM PST

    So my older co worker asked if I could transfer and set up thief new iPhone. So I did so. Started by backing up old phone. They didn't have a iCloud account attached to the phone so I set one up and backed it up. Now on the new phone it's saying there is an iTunes account that's a different email.(hotmail) I put in the persons password and it said it's locked Tried to reset though email.(hotmail) Checked the email it told me it was, no email. (Hotmail) Checked the new iCloud email and there it was. The issue is that it is resetting the iCloud account not the old iTunes one.(hotmail) I feel like an ass because now she can't download any apps.

    What should I do? I'm going to try tomorrow and see what I can do.

    submitted by /u/wyrvern
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel