• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    iPad American Airlines knows this plastic mount is all I need to be happy on my flight.

    iPad American Airlines knows this plastic mount is all I need to be happy on my flight.


    American Airlines knows this plastic mount is all I need to be happy on my flight.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:16 AM PST

    Notability 8.4 now has the ability to zoom out! Among other things

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:28 PM PST

    iFont 5.1 now available - sort and group large font libraries, more iPad keyboard shortcuts!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:18 AM PST

    Apple Pencil Alternatives

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:32 AM PST

    Are there 3rd party "pencils" that work with the iPad?

    submitted by /u/plazman30
    [link] [comments]

    How do you carry your iPad?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:04 AM PST

    I'm trying to decide how I should carry my iPad (12.9, 3rd gen pro) with me when I take it places. My old, dirty backpack might scratch up the sides of it, so right now I've just been hand-carrying it everywhere. I have considered getting a laptop-sleeve type of deal to put in the bag, but I am also thinking about trying to find something more organized, to hold cords, dongles, the Pencil, headphones, charging cables, and perhaps a standard folio case when my iPad is in the Smart Keyboard Folio, and vice versa.

    Do y'all have a dedicated bag or carrying case for your iPads? Do you just have it in a sleeve in a larger backpack? Just toss it in a bag without worrying about it? Got a case or bag that you're particularly fond of? Let's talk about how we transport these things!

    submitted by /u/Nude_Gingrich
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to split screen a pdf viewer with an app like notability?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:38 PM PST

    Sorry if stupid question, but want to makes sure. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/johnmillenium
    [link] [comments]

    With IPad Pro 11/12.9 folio cases, where do you like to keep your pencil?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:35 PM PST

    I really like the normal folio type cases because they're lightweight and minimal, but I don't want my pencil just hanging off the side.

    Can anyone recommend either a good minimal case with a pencil holder or what folio with pencil holder you go with? I keep seeing these pencil holders that kind of sling around the folio case I'm wondering if that would work out well.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hard-enough
    [link] [comments]

    my friends keep messing with my camera?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:22 PM PST

    how can i make it so you cant swipe on the lockscreen to access camera?

    submitted by /u/rick_snagwell
    [link] [comments]

    Updated an Air 2 to IOS12, now it’s a paperweight. Apple couldn’t care less.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:36 PM PST

    I updated my dad's iPad Air 2 to iOS12 a few days ago and after the update, the screen no longer worked to finish setup. just out of no where after the update. buttons work fine, screen shows everything, but totally unresponsive to any touch or gesture. can't press a thing on the screen. restored it twice, nada.

    took it to the apple store and they said that "hardware and software issues are completely unrelated to one another" and there was no evidence that the software update caused the screen to fail. since they can't downgrade OS they just kept trying to restore it to iOS12 even though i said that was stupid because IOS12 is clearly why the screen stopped working and i had already tried it twice at home.. but they kept insisting that "the two situations aren't related".

    they were being very rude and accusing my dad of "modifying the ipad" since it showed that unusual december 32 19__ date somewhere in the info that apparently to them proves "3rd party modification", but i experience this on my apple store bought 2012 macbook. and my 60 year old dad is not modifying or jailbreaking ipads. they also accused him of not using a case (which he does, he had removed it and placed the ipad in its box before bringing it into the store) and of not using a screen protector (which he always has, but he had removed it two days ago to see if it would help make the screen work again). they just tried to place the blame on him in every way when all he did was let me update his iPad one afternoon.

    they also said that ipads are never taken for repairs unlike phones and computers. they are always replaced upon issues. so after 1 year, you will almost always have to just pay the replacement fee. which in this case was $299. (i did not know this at all an this reaaaally left a bad taste in my mouth because i just bought a $900+ ipad pro 12.9 and the thought of it responding poorly to an update in a year and having to pay a $649 replacement fee makes my wallet throw up. unrelated to the rest, but i will be returning it now that i know this policy)

    since it's over 1 year, they wouldn't fix it or even try, offered a $0 trade in value, offered to "recycle it for us" (which to me feels like they would take it and fix it and refurb it, which they claim they can't do) and that was it.

    my dad is pretty upset. one upgrade and his air is a pricey paperweight. is there anything i can do about this? is trying to de-install to a lower OS safe to try? or even plausible? is apple just fucking me over? is this really a software issue, or hardware? ack.

    submitted by /u/bleedpink
    [link] [comments]

    Do you still remove your Smart Keyboard from time to time?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:38 AM PST

    Bent iPad mini 2

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:56 PM PST

    My iPad mini 2 is bent.

    It appears to be functioning perfectly.

    Am I likely to damage something by using it in the interim while I save up for repair or replacement?

    (If it matters, it is cellular enabled.)

    The bend is the short way, on the camera end, towards the screen. It is maybe two inches from the short edge, and full-length on the short side.

    It looks like if you bend your finger at just the top knuckle?

    It is only a few millimeters, but enough to be visible through the Griffin Survivor case that was meant to protect it.

    Thank you for any advice, and my apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

    submitted by /u/MrIantoJones
    [link] [comments]

    Case/Sleeve Ideas

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:46 PM PST

    I've been spending a lot of time recently walking between offices at my work for meetings and I'm sick and tired of carrying a backpack or bag. What I need is a laptop sleeve that could also fit my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9. Something that can fit a small ultrabook (mine is a Dell Latitude 5289) and my iPad Pro. I'd be happy with up to a 15" laptop sleeve that can safely hold both devices. The reason for both is I use the iPad for almost everything while I'm in meetings but occasionally, I need my laptop. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mousecop90
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad for Photo / Video Editing?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:47 AM PST

    I once used a Mac to edit a home video and found it enjoyable and intuitive, however, I still prefer a PC for most tasks that I need a computer for.

    I'm not willing to shell out for the cost of a Mac, so I'm wondering if an iPad would be a happy medium for basic movie editing.

    submitted by /u/zdiddy987
    [link] [comments]

    So, there is no way to use an Apple Pencil to take you back to the home screen or switch between apps.?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:24 PM PST

    I was really hoping the Apple Pencil could do this.

    submitted by /u/plazman30
    [link] [comments]

    Notability VS GoodNotes for windows PC

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:39 AM PST

    My iPad was the first apple product I purchased and now I plan to buy a note taking app. However, I am using a windows PC and Android phone. Which app (Notability or GoodNotes) would be more suitable for me in terms of compatibility with my devices for reading/editing and printing purposes?

    Ppl have been telling me to just use OneNote but I heard so many great stuff about both of these apps that I felt that I need to purchase either one of them!

    submitted by /u/darkato
    [link] [comments]

    Projected Release Date for IOS 12.1.2?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:23 PM PST

    Just got a new iPad and didn't realize the iOS 12.1.2 isn't out for iPad yet so can't even restore to use it...

    Anyone have an idea of a projection date of release for it?

    submitted by /u/amandascan
    [link] [comments]

    Drafting apps???

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:23 AM PST

    Can anyone recommend a drawing app or drafting app that has a built in triangle and French curve for "traditional" drafting. Basically looking for sketch and mock ups type application but I'm not so good at assuming correct angles and straight lines.

    submitted by /u/scooby122882
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got an 2018 9.7 and I’m completely blown away by its power and multitasking capabilities.i have an iPhone 8 as well and this is just as fast if not faster in some ways so the A10 Fusion thoroughly impresses me. With the iOS 12 gestures paired with the multitasking this thing is amazing!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 02:05 PM PST

    Otterbox Defender back in stock for the 11in

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:40 AM PST

    IPad Pro 11" - when does Logitech get a cover/keyboard to market for the newest models?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:30 AM PST

    I am waiting for the keyboard/cover that developed for the 10.5" to be exported to the 11". When should it hit the market?

    submitted by /u/cbuzzaustin
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad mini2 with ios 12 multitasking

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:27 AM PST

    I know i am not crazy. My iPad mini 2 had multitasking and split view abilities in IOS 11. Just to make sure before I downgrade, did they remove this feature in iOS 12 for the mini? Doesn't make sense to me why they would take away this feature in ios12 when it worked just fine in iOS 11. Pardon my ignorance

    submitted by /u/Bsmith705
    [link] [comments]

    LMFAO Still no GOOD cases for the new ipad pro

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:24 PM PST

    Fucking amazing right, boiz?

    submitted by /u/obscuremelody
    [link] [comments]

    Which way to go?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:12 AM PST

    Hello. I'm looking to purchase the new 12.9 and am torn between either doing the keyboard folio or a pad and quill Oxford case with a Logitech k810 (this keyboard I already own). I really like on the folio that I could use the pencil and the screen didn't really wobble and I really like the look of the Oxford case and the fact that the case somewhat covers the pencil as the folio seems like it would be too easy for the pencil to come off in a backpack etc.

    Anyone have any cases that they are really liking?

    submitted by /u/sirashe
    [link] [comments]

    It would be awesome to be able to use iPad like a monitor (for switch)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 07:03 PM PST

    The Nintendo switch screen is too small for my liking. And I want to be able to play with a screen on the fly. It would be awesome to be able to put the iPad into screen mode and just be able to connect it to my switch on the run.

    submitted by /u/torviche
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel