• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    Apple TV Search for “Charter” and it’ll show up. Will post impressions.

    Apple TV Search for “Charter” and it’ll show up. Will post impressions.


    Search for “Charter” and it’ll show up. Will post impressions.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Monoprice 48Gbps HDMI Cable

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:53 AM PST

    A lot of people here recommend Monoprice cables, particularly their Certified Premium 18Gbps cable, for use with the Apple TV 4K. I have 3 of them connected to ATV4K's in my house and they all work decently. I've had some issues, mostly flickering, dropouts and static when setting the chroma to 4:4:4. And, occasionally the dreaded "HDMI cable might be having trouble maintaining a stable connection" message would appear. This typically occurs when adjusting/matching content frame rate and dynamic range. I've also had the same issues with the more expensive Apple-recommended Belkin Ultra HD cable even though it's a 48Gbps cable. (FWIW, none of these issues occurred when the chroma was set to 4:2:0 regardless of cable used.)

    A few weeks ago, I discovered and purchased the Monoprice Dynamicview Ultra 48Gbps HDMI Cable and connected it to my living room ATV4K and TCL 6-Series 65inch TV. Sure, this cable is probably overkill for my current setup, but I've yet to experience any of the dropouts, static, flickering that I had with the 18Gbps Monoprice or 48Gbps Belkin HDMI cables.

    So, if you have any issues with flickering, static, etc. with your Apple TV 4K that's not directly caused by your TV or receiver, I'd recommend the 48Gbps Monoprice HDMI cable. It's only $7.99 direct from Monoprice (~$10 on Amazon). The only downside: it's currently available in just 1.5- and 3-foot lengths.

    Edit: if you need longer length, IOGEAR has a 6ft 48Gbps HDMI cable.

    submitted by /u/08830
    [link] [comments]

    The spectrum tv app is available.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 10:44 AM PST

    Apple Music app crashing and showing untranslated key in the top shelf

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 01:46 PM PST

    Finally on Apple TV

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 11:27 PM PST

    Amazon Prime Channels on Apple TV 3?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 06:06 AM PST

    Does anyone know if Amazon Channel subscriptions are accessible through the Amazon Prime app on Apple TV 3 (asking for a family member with one)?

    submitted by /u/SconnieFella
    [link] [comments]

    any suggestions on how to get rid of these sparkles?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 05:35 AM PST

    ATV4K having a hard time discovering and maintaining connection to HomePod for an extended period

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 04:59 PM PST

    Hi

    Is there a reason why my ATV doesn't see my HomePod until I've either just plugged my HomePod into the wall or connected to it with my iPhone? I also keep loosing the connection on my ATV to my HomePod after watching a couple of episodes on Netflix. I have the same iCloud account on my HomePod, iPhone and ATV but I have a separate iTunes account on my ATV.

    It seems like my iPhone and HomePod work 100% together, seamless discovery and I'm always able to connect no matter what. But not so much my ATV & HomePod.

    Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Kleina
    [link] [comments]

    Used - How low can you go?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 09:35 AM PST

    Greetings,

    I plan to purchase a used appleTV for Grandma. She will use it for the odd iTunes movie rental and watching content on Amazon Prime (maybe Netflix). What is the lowest appleTV version can I get away with?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/hbrOijEZO0fY
    [link] [comments]

    Stream 4K HDR via internet link

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 03:27 PM PST

    Really on the fence about buying an Apple TV 4K. Is it possible to stream video from a internet link in 4K HDR? Would love to not have to download and plug into the TV every time. I get a airplay logo when streaming on Mac and phone but from what I understand it is not possible to airplay the video in 4K HDR to the Apple TV? That's why I hope there might be an app that enables you to paste the link and that then pulls the video in 4K HDR.

    submitted by /u/markaner
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Universal Remote

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:46 PM PST

    I'm searching for a decent universal remote that will work with a 4th gen Apple TV. My experience with universal remotes has never been good. However I want to try one again. I'm tired of my kids always losing the ATV remote and keeping track of three other remotes is also a pain (damn kids lol). All of my stuff is basic. Basic TV, Blu-ray player and only a stereo receiver. The Apple TV is the newest piece of equipment I own.

    submitted by /u/04HondaCivic
    [link] [comments]

    Automation to turn off Apple TV?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:25 PM PST

    Hey all. So I've been thinking a lot about this. I'm a cord cutter and I've been going back and forth with PS Vue and DTVN. My issue with DTVN is the bandwidth it eats up compared to PsVue. I have to force close the DTVN app to stop the feed. I'm wondering though, since you can't turn off the ATV, would it be wise to get a smart switch, only use it for the Apple TV and shut the switch off to kill the power to the ATV so data can't be used. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ateffeteller1981
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Google Drive videos without Infuse?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Are there any other apps that can directly stream from Google Drive without using Airplay?

    submitted by /u/xavier86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel