• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    Apple Macbook Random

    Apple Macbook Random


    Random

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:55 PM PST

    This is my first reddit post, I am a little tipsy. I feel obligated to express how much I love my MacBook. I have tried to not fall under the so-called "apple spell," but I feel consumed. I owned Android/Google based devices for years after my first iPhone 3GS. Now I have an iPhone X. This MacBook Pro is the first laptop I have bought. It's perfect, I fucking love it. This is the best electronic device I have ever laid hands on, I fucking love it with all my heart.

    submitted by /u/pcartah
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice on buying a new macbook as a student.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:59 PM PST

    I'm a student and in the market for a new laptop, i'm thinking about transitioning over to the mac world. I have only used windows computers, however i don't think getting used to macOS will be a problem as i'm quite tech savvy. Money is not the biggest problem for me but i still don't want to spend a fortune on a mac. I don't run big programs as i will mainly use it for school, so will mostly use programs such as office. I have been looking at these three macs.

    -MBA 2018 -MBP 2017 -MBP 2018

    I don't need to upgrade on any of the storage or rams, so i wil prob go for the the entry levels. My research on the internet tells me the new keyboards have some issues, and will it be a problem? Also the price gap between the new MBA and the MBP 2017 isn't that big, so is the MBA even worth it?, as the MBP 2017 have better specs.

    submitted by /u/WinstonBishoop
    [link] [comments]

    What is this? It‘s flickering and sometimes there are pink lines horizontally as well.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:47 PM PST

    StarTech launches two new 4K Dual-Monitor USB-C Multiport Adapters

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:29 PM PST

    I have 2 options, a new 2018 MacBook AIR with 16GB RAM, or a refurbished 2018 MacBook Pro (256 ssd, standard 8gb RAM). What would be your advice?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 05:38 PM PST

    What are your thoughts on refurbished macbooks?

    I need to upgrade my old macbook, I use it for university work where I spend most of my time programming (full-stack dev).

    Both of the laptops will cost around 2k, with the pro being a bit more expensive. And both will have 256GB ssd.

    Is getting 16GB ram on a new air better than buying a refurbished pro?

    Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/moroccothrowaway4444
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what causes this and/or how to fix it?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 04:39 AM PST

    Are these scratches normal ?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 09:21 PM PST

    What MacBook is best for recording and editing songs?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:24 PM PST

    Is the standard MacBook not the pro decent for recording and editing things.ie songs and videos

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:23 PM PST

    2015 12" MBr 8GB 256GB OR 2013 Late MBPr 13" 16GB 256GB

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:36 PM PST

    2015 12" MacBook Retina details: 100 battery cycles, looks new, will need to get the keyboard replaced through Apple (Which will also replace battery and trackpad)

    Late 2013 13" MacBook Pro Retina details: 690 battery cycles, looks new EXCEPT for the Apple Logo being cracked on the back of the top - has 16GB ram.

    Usage will be mobile web development (Wordpress mostly) along with excel.

    Would I be better off getting the 2013 with the slightly more powerful process and more ram? Or should I just get the 2015 especially since Apple will replace they keyboard and battery? Whichever one I get - it will be living in my messenger bag ready to go all the time.

    My main machine is a 2016 fully loaded 15" Pro - just looking at getting something more portable to compliment it.

    submitted by /u/Quirkycanadian
    [link] [comments]

    Why you should use "Ground Cable"

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Stickers, covers, cases...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:44 AM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I've just bought my first MacBook Pro (13", 2018). I'm a young working guy, so money has a high value for me. So I have a few questions for you:

    1. Which case do you recommend? I'm thinking about UAG Plasma because of great protection, but it looks awful. Any users of this case? Could you be so kind and recommend me other noteworthy cases?
    2. Why people put ugly stickers on their touchpad? Is it practical or just visual thing?
    3. What do you think about those transparent keyboard covers? Worth a buy?

    Stupid questions you can think, but I want to keep my first MacBook in the best condition as long as possible.

    PS. What do you think about my English? I'm from Poland, still learning ;)

    submitted by /u/szonk
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!!! Microsoft Office on Mountain Lion

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 01:52 PM PST

    Running Mountain Lion on my 2013 old baby (I'm enjoying the battery longevity and scared of updating and getting the battery to suck) Anyway is there any way possible I can download Microsoft office on it?

    And also, will an update actually worsen the battery as I've imagined or won't have much effect?

    submitted by /u/cizooh
    [link] [comments]

    Can I stream from my PC to my Macbook

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 09:43 AM PST

    Basically, my Mrs hates it if I spend too much time in my office lol so help a man out! I am looking to play on my MacBook pro by streaming to it from my PC. So my PC on upstairs with the game on but being controlled from my MacBook downstairs. I saw something called Parsec, would that do the job, or does anyone know of any other free software that can do what I want

    submitted by /u/GamerKurisu
    [link] [comments]

    Data migration from Windows to Mac... how easy?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:42 PM PST

    I'm currently looking to upgrade from a Surface Pro 2... I previously owned a 2007 Macbook Pro for almost 10 years and loved every minute. I pretty much hate this surface pro 2, but it was a free hand-me-down with a functioning battery so it seemed like my best option at the time.

    As much as I would love to jump into another Macbook, I'm really worried about losing data and having a huge headache trying to migrate everything back over. I have a lot of word docs and job-related stuff that I don't want to lose, and I remember it being a pain even back in high school when I hardly had anything worth transferring.

    Am I making this out to be a bigger issue than it is? Or is this a valid concern

    My main motivations for switching are:

    1) As much as I love the new Surface Book 2, my dad has already been through 3 in 2 years... they're definitely not built to last. I'm looking at used 2012-13 Macbook Pros and am thinking I could replace the battery and have a great machine.

    2) I absolutely adored the touchpad and keyboard on my old MBP... the way that I was able to interact with my old mac felt infinitely more refined than any other computer I've used. Obviously I'm open to other suggestions, but I'm not much of a gamer and am moreso interested in editing photo/video and having a pleasant overall experience.

    submitted by /u/SoManyBlankets
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel