• Breaking News

    Friday, January 4, 2019

    Apple Help Does anyone make an adapter that converts that magnetic connector to USB-c for MacBooks?

    Apple Help Does anyone make an adapter that converts that magnetic connector to USB-c for MacBooks?


    Does anyone make an adapter that converts that magnetic connector to USB-c for MacBooks?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:51 PM PST

    I've got a few MacBook chargers, and hate to think they are all unusable on my new MacBook. Surely, someone makes an adapter so I can use those chargers on my new MacBook pro.

    submitted by /u/jhld
    [link] [comments]

    Adding a second SSD to mid12 macbook pro

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 01:23 PM PST

    Has anyone removed the optical drive from their MacBook and installed a SSD? I am considering it but don't know how much benefit i will receive besides the extra space. Sorry for my ignorance, thought I would ask

    submitted by /u/Bsmith705
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud storage management

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:33 PM PST

    Is the a way I can go online and look at everything in my iCloud? Like google drive and OneDrive?

    Thanks to everyone in advance

    submitted by /u/_L0NEW01F_
    [link] [comments]

    How To Completely Mute Phone?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:32 AM PST

    So I have my phone switched to mute. And even though its on mute these goddamn ads play when I use apps. Regardless of if I want no noise, it plays anyway.

    How do I make it so literally no sound will come out of this phone unless I want it to?

    I mistakenly assumed that when I turn the little switch on the side that meant my phone would shut the fuck up. Apparently thats not the case. So I turn now to you good people.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BUZZkiller42
    [link] [comments]

    Can't add appleID for iMessage

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 06:08 PM PST

    iMessage and FaceTime both work fine using my phone number. When I try to add my AppleID, neither FaceTime nor iMessage will activate (gives an error message). New XR phone, set up from a backup of my old phone and with the same SIM card.

    1. A different appleID than mine will activate fine.
    2. My appleID won't activate on another device either (MacBook, another iPhone).
    3. Already did the usual troubleshooting (restart, message toggle, time check, reset network settings, change appleID password, and more).
    4. Talked to Apple support for 40 minutes, multiple levels of people, have a callback scheduled for next week with an engineer.

    Clearly this is an issue with my AppleID and not a hardware problem. Anything else I can try or do I just have to wait for Apple to fix it on their end?

    submitted by /u/RB1327
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Classic 5th gen won't charge?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 01:07 PM PST

    Bought an iPod classic last month and it needed a new battery so today I put one in and he charger I have doesnt work. I don't know if its the charger itself or the device but it turns on and says it needs to be connected to a power source. Do I NEED an apple brand charger or can any do? Is it the charger im using? I really dont know and am getting frustrated

    submitted by /u/LoganLaliberte
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes deleting unrelated files for some reason?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 09:41 PM PST

    Hey folks, so this is an odd question, but one I can't for the life of me figure out. For reference, I'm running both the latest versions of iTunes and Mojave on my 2015 MacBook.

    Firstly, I have an iTunes library running from my Mac on an external hard drive. For about five years, the Music folder was located at "/Volumes/Hard Drive Name/iTunes Library". Recently, I had to point iTunes to that location again, and for some reason the artist folders are now located in the iTunes Library folder rather than the Music folder itself. (Would pointing to the 'Music' folder change this back to how it was supposed to be? Is there an automatic way of fixing this and merging all my music back to its original location?)

    However, in the last couple of days, an odd thing has been happening. I'm currently re-importing high quality versions of my music that I recently acquired, and replacing the old versions. For example, when I added the tracks in, I ended up with two copies of Nirvana's 'Nevermind'. However, when I then deleted the old version and got the files off my computer, iTunes decided to also delete the new files as well. As a result, when I go to play the songs, it says they can't be located, because iTunes deleted the new files along with the original ones.

    I've noticed that the same thing happens if I change the album title. Say I copy Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' so that I have two versions of it, then edit the copy's album details, the original song is then unable to be found, because its duplicate file name has been edited. It makes no sense to me.

    Up until last week, this had never been a problem, and I can't work out why it's suddenly doing this. If anyone can shine a light on my issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/aidyfarman
    [link] [comments]

    CPU & GPU for my needs. Current MBP13 running hot.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 09:05 PM PST

    I currently have a mid-2014 MBP 13" with a dual-core i5 and 8GB of RAM, which I use for learning programming: SQL and Tableau.

    I learn from MOOCs like Udemy which requires that I have 1 browser window open for watching lectures, another program/browser window open for PostGres or Tableau, another window for a text editor and another window for Word to take notes. I also have a multi-monitor setup with two 2560x1080 ultrawide monitors.

    My problem: For the last week or so, my Mac has been running very hot. The fans have been ramping up doing the tasks above. I don't know whether I have too many programs open or whether my CPU is not powerful enough. The fan also ramps up when I browse imgur. The computer never did this before and I think the Mac may be too old.

    So, I'm in the market for a mid-2017 MBP 15". The resellers only have two options: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core with AMD Radeon Pro 555 (2GB) or 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 and AMD Radeon Pro 560 (4GB). Both have 16GB of RAM. I plan on connecting a 43" 4K display or 3 2560x1080 ultrawide monitors to this new Mac. For my tasks above, which setup will be sufficient to get me through another 3-4 years? Do I need more GPU memory if I am not gaming?

    submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

    A friend shared photo albums with me, images won't load any stuck with "Waiting for X items..."

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:56 PM PST

    So there are two albums I am trying to load, both with ~100 photos. The one loaded about 2/3rds of the photos, and the other one had about half initially but now nothing will load. I tried signing in and out of iCloud, turning my phone off and on, and updating my phone but nothing's working. I can load everything on my computer, but I can't get it to work on my phone. Are there any other solutions for this?

    submitted by /u/TacosAreVegetables
    [link] [comments]

    Issue connecting to certain websites via celular connection

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 08:29 PM PST

    Using Iphone XS Max on iOS 12.1.2 ATT Cellular service

    I'm having an issue where I can't connect to certain sites ONLY when using my cellular connection. Using wifi I have no problems. The error I keep getting is "Safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost." As I said it's only certain sites. Here's what I've tried so far.

    reddit.com - works

    Google.com - fail

    yahoo.com - fail

    bing.com - works

    nba.com - fail

    gfycat.com - fail

    imgur.com - works

    cnn.com - fail

    foxnews.com - fail

    bbc.com - works(barely, no pictures load)

    twitch.tv - works

    youtube.com - fail

    iOS email app - fail(wont load any of my accounts)

    speedtest.net app - works(51.2 mbps down / 18 mbps up)

    As I said I have zero issues when using wifi, this is only on cellular. I have nooo idea what is going on here!

    submitted by /u/nahog99
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook cannot connect to multiple websites

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 04:24 PM PST

    Within the last few days, I am suddenly not able to connect to amazon.com or crunchyroll.com

    This is using any browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). I have multiple other devices (PC, another macbook, 2 iphones) that are all connected to the same wifi network and they are able to connect to these websites without any issue.

    I downloaded Tunnelbear and when I connect to a UK server (I am based in the US) I can connect to crunchyroll, but I still cannot connect to amazon.

    I use uBlock Origin on Chrome, but turning it off does not enable me to connect to the websites.

    Any ideas?

    EDIT:

    Some new discoveries. If I google amazon and I follow the "cached" link rather than clicking the normal link, it will take me to amazon. Otherwise, I still get an error saying "www.amazon.com took too long to respond."

    The crunchyroll error is "www.crunchyroll.com unexpectedly closed the connection."

    submitted by /u/MrDogtor
    [link] [comments]

    WindowServer (Safari) and Chrome crashing down my Mac OS, needs restart, only cursor works

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 10:21 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I'm getting kind of desperate for help. Every single day, the process WindowServer has crashed. Every time, it was cause of HTML5 video (probably, because i was watching Youtube every time it happened). Beachball occurs, Safari suddenly stops working, you can't quit it with Activity Monitor, and if you don't have the Activity Monitor open before, it won't open anyway. The only solution is to restart. The path of the WindowServer leads to Skylight.Framework, which has something to do with graphics. So i was like, okay, so i install Chrome back again and it will work, right? Nope: Google Chrome crashes anyway. What the fuck is seriously going on? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/HEY_ITS_ME_UR_BROTHE
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s doesn’t use earphones controls

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:56 PM PST

    I have an old iPhone 5s that's running on iOS 11.1 and whatever earphones or headphones I use, it doesn't use the mic and the controls don't work (Pause and volume up/down)

    It sucks because I can't use FaceTime since the mic on the actual phone doesn't work either so I was hoping I could buy earphones with a mic but the phone doesn't use it.

    submitted by /u/ShoeShinechicken
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer EPUB files from iPad to iTunes

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:48 PM PST

    I have a friend who recently got rid of the computer her EPUB files were on without making a backup. After the latest iOS update, her iPad is the only thing left that has the books on it. They weren't purchased from iTunes, and they don't appear in iCloud Drive even though she has it turned on. Toggling it on and off hasn't helped either. We have also tried to have her plug the iPad into her PC running Windows 10, but only 3 of the 20+ books appear there. I have also had a suggestion to choose the "share" button on the book when it's open on the Books app, and the only thing appears on it is the option to send to email or messages, which only puts the title and author of the book in and nothing else.

    Is there any way we can get these books moved over to iTunes or iCloud and get them synced across all her devices? I'm kind of at a loss here.

    Edit: Forgot to add we've already tried to back up the iPad to iTunes and restore it to the iPhone, but the books didn't appear.

    submitted by /u/sil3ntxr3qui3m
    [link] [comments]

    Magsafe (1st gen) not charging

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:31 PM PST

    I have a 1st generation MacBook that only charges when i apply pressure to the connector.

    I dont know what to do please help.

    submitted by /u/snuzelbufsnk
    [link] [comments]

    Why won't iTunes let me select my album artwork for playlists on iPhone?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Asked this on r/iphone to no avail, here we go

    https://i.imgur.com/hKHx18O.jpg

    I like setting up a playlist for every song I add to my iPhone in a year, and up comes 2019. Unfortunately, the process isn't as easy as last time. Usually I'd just drag image A onto box B, and then the playlist artwork (it's a smart playlist) would add on iPhone, and we'd be set. But more recently, this hasn't worked. It will show that as the playlist artwork on desktop (Windows 7), but on the iPhone it still shows 4 little tiny album arts as the playlist's representative.

    A workaround I've tried is just adding the image to my iPhone's photos, then going into Edit -> Choose Photo, and there ya go. And this works, but the problem is the image is off center for some reason, it's not aligned properly. Here's what I mean https://i.imgur.com/QJzne6W.png

    What am I to do to make adding album artwork work like the old times?

    submitted by /u/NotTalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro - Battery stuck at 43%

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:26 PM PST

    I've recently bought a used macbook pro early 2015, in perfect condition, but i've just noticed that the battery never goes below/above 43%. The only time the number changed was when it died, which changed the percentage to 1% for a few seconds after boot, then went back to 43%. It's a really young laptop with only 300 power cycles.

    submitted by /u/Holinhed
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t download apps from the app store

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:40 PM PST

    So today a few hours ago I was trying to update an app on the app store but it didn't work. There was a popup that said something like I can't download the update. I can't even download new apps. Also it says I can't install the new iOS update. Every time I click on it it starts loading but then it says update failed. I don't know what to do. Is there a way to fix this?? I'm using a iphone 6s plus

    submitted by /u/valliiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Earphones having static when playing music.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 07:19 PM PST

    My headphones, when plugged into my Macbook Pro, recently started having static sound in the right ear that started when playing audio and fizzled out after a few seconds past stopping the audio source. I tested my headphones on my phone and various other devices and none of them had any issues. I also tested different headphones at the Apple store, Beats and Earpods, and none of them had the static noise. The headphones I am using are Tin Audio T2's. The Apple store offered to replace my soundboard, but I am not sure if that's the reason, so I would rather find out why before I have to give up my computer for a few days. I have a Macbook Pro Mid 2018, 16 GB, i5.

    submitted by /u/datboijxue
    [link] [comments]

    macbook iCloud storage

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 03:20 PM PST

    Over 40G of storage on my MacBook Pro 13 is taken by iCloud (even though I've only used 30G out of the 50G iCloud space). Is there a way for me to reduce this cluster and save up some space?

    https://imgur.com/5GZlXtI

    submitted by /u/quixoticegg
    [link] [comments]

    I think I broke my Mac? Simple uni student desperately needs help. Erasing the Base System Issue

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 02:02 AM PST

    Ok hi hello so I'll dive right in.

    About 10 months ago my MacBook Air (which I brought in 2015) started doing that black screen with the flashing question mark thing. Panic stricken and new to uni, I left this Mac at home and just took another laptop I had and have used that for uni. Now my younger sister needs the laptop I've been using for school, so I need to fix the original laptop before uni starts up again. I've had a dig around online and I'm pretty sure I have come to the conclusion that I need to erase my base system and reinstall OS X Mavericks, and then eventually update it to the latest software. However, when following the instructions it tells me to go to the "erase tab" in the base system, fiddle around with the format pop-up menu, then hit erase. This is where I hit my stop. It won't let me change anything with these little pop up menus, they're faded out to show I can't make any changes. There's really nothing I can do in the OS X Base System except for verifying the disk in the first aid menu, which does nothing.

    I'd really appreciate some help if anyone knows what's up!! Simple gal tryna get her degree, and can't afford to get this hunk of metal fixed. TIA!!!!

    submitted by /u/knollsy
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud storage full help

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 01:46 PM PST

    well yeah, I'm tired of getting the notification for my iCloud storage being full. I can't seem to find a way to disable the notification. I don't care that it's full.

    submitted by /u/Crispynipps
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube links

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 11:04 AM PST

    Hello guys. I want the youtube app to open when I am clicking on a youtube link. Is that possible?

    This happens when I am using a link from safari but not from other apps like twitter for example.

    submitted by /u/shumulong
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max Reception Issues

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 12:58 PM PST

    I have had an iPhone 7+ for years with no issues, but I recently decided to upgrade. With the XS Max, I can be driving and when I get to certain parts of the city everyone tells me that there is significant static coming from my end, this never happened before I got this phone. Should I return it? It seems like it would be a hard sell because they won't be able to replicate the issue.

    submitted by /u/lshaw52
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone issues with iPhone 7

    Posted: 04 Jan 2019 10:28 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 7 32gb, I recently encountered a problem with my microphone in where it would seize to work. According to the standard voice recording device I get an error "cannot find any sound devices" (I get it in Norwegian but this is a rough translation and a para-cite). Basically my microphone does not work at all. In order to fix this I reset all of my content on my phone, reinstalled it with the same backup I just made. And guess what, it worked! I could make phone calls and in general use my microphone in any app. That was yesterday, now, without minor usage it does no longer work.

    I think I'll just have to get a new phone, but before I do that I wanted to hear out this subreddit for anyone with similar issues.

    Thanks in advance :)

    (Ps, I can post images on imgur and link them in comments if needed)

    Edit: this problem is further solved with https://www.macrumors.com/2018/05/04/apple-aware-of-iphone-7-mic-issue-ios-11-3/

    submitted by /u/plauud
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel