• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 25, 2018

    iPhone 1,000,000 subscribers!

    iPhone 1,000,000 subscribers!


    1,000,000 subscribers!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 04:05 PM PST

    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE, WE NOW HAVE OVER 1,000,000 SUBSCRIBERS!

    On behalf of the mod team, I'd like to thank everyone for being a part of this wonderful place on Reddit. I've always thought of this as a small, tight-knit community with all the upgrade posts and whatnot but wow, 1 million. We're the first Apple-related community on Reddit to hit 1 million (sorry r/Apple).

    Here's some of the most upvoted posts this year

    1. Apple CarPlay volume control UI

    2. Finally got my first pair of AirPods!

    3. A lil humor on a Monday

    4. Friend turned on his phone for the first time in a while and this happened

    5. Turned my old and slow iPhone 4 into fast ultra minimalistic feature phone

    Other popular posts (gilded):

    1. Tim Cook's refusal to help FBI hack iPhone is validated by 'WannaCry' attack

    2. Outflexed

    3. This sub

    4. iOS 13 Mockup

    5. I took apart my broken iPhone 4 and framed it.

    Speaking of upgrade posts, (due to popular request) we'll have a poll. Click here to vote on whether upgrade posts should be allowed or not. Poll ends in 72 hours.

    If you need help with your device or would simply like to discuss Apple with other subscribers, join our Official Discord server!

    If you'd like to see any improvements on the sub, comment below, I'll get back to you ASAP.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! :D

    submitted by /u/MonsieurTank
    [link] [comments]

    Remember when this was a meme in like 2014

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 03:26 AM PST

    Me and my wife both got Airpods for each other this christmas. So I had to something not to mix them around.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 02:14 PM PST

    My niece wanted AirPods for Christmas. They were sold out so she got AppleFloss.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 09:21 AM PST

    I remember playing with my presents in this same carpet 20 years ago, how the times have changed

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 02:51 AM PST

    Merry Christmas Everybody!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 09:42 PM PST

    This is what Chinese iPhone users are now seeing when force-closing apps after updating to iOS 12.1.2, courtesy of Qualcomm

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 07:00 AM PST

    Santa calling me personally to check if iv been a bad boy �� (PS: i censored the no. due to privacy reasons even though i dont know the person.)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 12:46 AM PST

    Finally Joined the club!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 08:35 AM PST

    Merry Christmas!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 08:21 AM PST

    Apple maps in a nutshell

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 02:21 AM PST

    iPhone XS Weight

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 04:51 AM PST

    Rcently got an iPhone XS 512gb. Coming from the iPhone 7, I expected some weight increase but am shocked at just how much heavier it feels.

    I had used a friends iPhone X and even that feels a decent bit lighter. Specs list it at 174g vs 177g for the iPhone XS. I put on some protective glass to the screen so that is also adding a little to the weight but my hands are already getting tired from holding it!

    To those that have it, did you notice it as being heavier and did you get used to the weight increase?

    I'm assuming the increase in storage size shouldn't really affect weight.

    Edit: Seeing that some glass protectors can add 7g etc so that could certainly explain the weight difference

    submitted by /u/francoismorgan
    [link] [comments]

    Surprisingly List Of Ancient Gadgets The Smartphones Replaced

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 07:46 AM PST

    Is there a comprehensive list of what text will suggest which emojis?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 09:01 AM PST

    So like how "ok" will suggest 👌🏻, is there a complete list of emojis that have these similar text summons? It's not always intuitive what letters associate with what emojis and I suck at remembering where specific emojis are located.

    submitted by /u/LordJelly
    [link] [comments]

    Switched to iphone and mac and i see what everyone was talking about .

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 04:01 PM PST

    iPhone XR taptics?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 04:47 AM PST

    Is it right that it feels like a little click? It's pretty faint but I have a case on

    submitted by /u/TeenagersAccount452
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone already damaged

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 03:01 AM PST

    Just opened my new iPhone and it's clearly been dropped because it's scuffed along the bottom as well as the speakers sounding tinny. Will I be able to exchange it or will apple think I did it?

    Edit: Looks like I'm out of luck, I'll still try taking it back to the Apple store since I have nothing to lose. Thanks for the help everyone.

    PSA If you've got a new iPhone for Christmas don't be like me and set it up before checking for damage

    Edit 2: The speaker is actually fine, I was a bit dumb because I didn't realise the protective sticker covering the front screen was muffling the sound and making it sound tinny

    submitted by /u/fahad96
    [link] [comments]

    Finally fully converted. These are my daily essentials.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 08:08 PM PST

    Text selection problems

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 09:55 AM PST

    When selecting only parts of the word, iOS automatically moves my selection to the end of beginning of the word. For example, type "How are you?" and try to select only you?. You'll find that iOS automatically moves the cursor to select the quotes too. Why is that and how do I prevent it to copy only what I want?

    submitted by /u/kbruen
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 can be accessed without unlocking.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 09:34 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 8 with a passcode and is locked whenever I am not using it.

    However it can be accessed fully without entering the pass code. This can be done by accessing the camera whilst on the lock screen, from there the album can be accessed and then pressing the home button will bring the full iPhone unlocked.

    I have been through all of the settings but I cannot find a way to stop this, anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Forrest95
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into old phone without passcode

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 09:05 AM PST

    So I have two old iPhones (5 and 6), and for the life of me, I cannot remember what the passcodes were. I'd like to retrieve old photos off of them but I can't get into them. I've tried plugging them into my iTunes but it isn't registering them at all. My 6 is disabled, when I plug it up, itunes sits in limbo with a "to allow access, please respond to your iPhone" notification. Anyone know how I should go about getting into them before I just take a hammer to them?

    submitted by /u/williamtheodore31
    [link] [comments]

    Excellent experience at Apple Store in Singapore

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 08:02 AM PST

    Well this year I decided to move to Singapore to enjoy Christmas and to fix all of my Apple devices (iPad Pro 10.5 and 2 iPhone X). And I was really impressed how Apple Store in Singapore satisfied me.

    Firstly, my iPad died in August 2018, I could not turn it on, the iPad showed the Apple logo and turned off immediately. I brought it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider in my city (there is not any Apple Store in my country yet), they offered me a new iPad at $400. At that time the iPad was out of warranty as of Aug 2018. The girl in Apple Sing welcomed me and easily set up an appointment at genius bar, then a guy quickly came and helped test my iPad. Unfortunately it could not be turned on though he tried every way. Finally he told me that it could be a problem with the battery as my boy had played it to 0% many times, however at the store they did not replace iPad battery so he offered me a new one at $100. Wow just $100 for a new iPad Pro 10.5. I immediately said yes.

    On that day, I talked to the staff that I need to replace my 2 iPhone X batteries (at $29 for each). However the girl told me that they were full and no slot was available until the end of 2018 and apologised for that inconvenience. I tried to persuade her that I flied to Singapore just to replace the batteries and I would be upset if... She smiled with me and told me to wait for a while, she would try talk to her boss for an exception for me as I was a visitor to Singapore. Pump! she came back to me and yes I was accepted for one exceptional case. I just needed 1h30mins to get back the two iPhone X and most surprisingly they just charge $29 for the iPhone X which was out of warranty, the other was replaced for FREE (though there was not any problem with both two iPhone X batteries). They did it as a Christmas gift for me.

    I have to say that I love Singapore and the Apple Store here. All staff were so nice and funny, they showed great care to me, understood my worry and tried their best to satisfy me. I decide to write a letter to Apple Store in Singapore to show how happy I am now.

    submitted by /u/onewingleft
    [link] [comments]

    How do I create GIFs from saved videos? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!!!!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 05:45 AM PST

    anyone else sometimes take their X/Xs out of its case just to stare at it?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2018 03:25 PM PST

    i don't care if i'm scratching the stainless steel with the edges of the case. it's too nice. i have to look at it. none of us deserve to have an object this nice. i can't believe it.

    submitted by /u/disprop1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel