• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    macOS Recovery Mode through VPN

    macOS Recovery Mode through VPN


    Recovery Mode through VPN

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:34 AM PDT

    Hello! I want to recover my laptop from TimeMachine copy. It is easy if I am near my network storage. But if I had gone to abroad I couldn't have recovered my laptop. In this case I have a vpn (L2TP/IPsec). But I can't connect to my vpn server when my laptop in recovery mode. There isn't the network settings. Only wi-fi option.

    Does anyone know how to do this via the command line or a place where I can find help?

    submitted by /u/PepRoll
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro running hot after upgrade to Mojave

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:03 PM PDT

    I have a early 2015 13" MBP and ever since I have upgraded to Mojave the laptop is running hotter.

    Not hot enough for the fans to kick in, but noticably hotter when its on my lap, or even on the table. To the point that the keys actually feel warm to the touch.

    I'm not running anything heavy when this happens, just Safari and maybe Excel.

    I upgraded when the update was released, so its been a couple of weeks - as I was thinking is was the reindexing and other background things going on.

    I've also noticed that my battery seems to lose charge much quicker now.

    Anyone else have this happening to them?

    submitted by /u/Mr_JonnyC
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave 10.14 font problem

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:07 PM PDT

    Updated yesterday to Mojave on a Mid-2012 MBP and got a bunch of problem with fonts, you can see that a lot of apps are unusable, so may someone help me get out of this?

    submitted by /u/bralox
    [link] [comments]

    [Preview.app Touch bar] What are these for and why don't they seem to work at all?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:04 PM PDT

    Old Mid-2012 MBP Help

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:45 PM PDT

    Hi, so my parents have an old mid-2012 MBP that runs a i5 with 4GB ram and ... yes I know... 500GB HDD. It has been running on Sierra for awhile but feels very sluggish even in comparison to my mid-2010 MBP with an SSD, 8 GB ram, no graphics card (broken), and an i7. Especially the mid-12 struggles with internet. Besides upgrading ram & to SSD would there be any reason it'd be sluggish or a better OS for it??

    submitted by /u/luxveniae
    [link] [comments]

    I have only 9 GB of disk space. Should I install Mojave?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:23 AM PDT

    A Mac Mechaical Keyboard

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:12 AM PDT

    This Mac mechanical keyboard is on pre-order. Only $59.99. The price is hard to miss. M87 Mac mechanical keyboard What do you think? Need your professional opinions. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/COCO-18
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine BackUp Issues

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    For awhile I have been having various issues with the TM backup. At First I was getting message that it couldn't complete the backup. That continued after I upgraded to Mojave. The back up worked fine until recently when I started getting this message:

    Time Machine completed a verification of your backups on "xxxxxxx.local". To improve reliability, Time Machine must create a new backup for you.

    The first time I just did it since this is a new computer that I am starting from scratch instead of recovering from TM backup. Then it backed up for few days until I got this message again and the computer ran through the whole brand new backup again.

    I am not sure what else to do. I use a NAS drive connected wirelessly. The drive is partitioned and I have my old backup in the same folder. I am transferring it now and I will reformat the partition.

    Does anyone know what else I can do or if there is any solution for this?

    I have MBP 2015.

    submitted by /u/ConfidentFish
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to change the login background on mojave after originally setting it to dynamic desktop?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:50 AM PDT

    I tried out dynamic desktop, but decided I don't like it. Now I've tried to change my background and while I can get the normal background to change, it refuses to change my startup login background from the sand dunes.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/unixandeunuchs
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install Mojave on a 2017 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:59 AM PDT

    I get "This version of MacOS 10.14 cannot be installed on this computer." from the App Store; clicking "Learn More" doesn't do anything; no profiles installed. Any ideas? Googling turns up zip.

    submitted by /u/COMMENT0R_3000
    [link] [comments]

    how do I take off an admin from my computer through terminal

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:57 PM PDT

    I wanted to know this because I forgot the password to my admin account and a lot of things are locked.

    submitted by /u/Toxicleader82
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent Java update pop-up to be some less-intrusive notification

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    The Java update box pops up while I'm typing and it hit one of the buttons accidentally... how do I make this either not pop-up at all or give me a notification of the update some other way, like a badge or something?

    submitted by /u/redskydav
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave update

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi, I don't know where else to post this so I found this subreddit,

    So last night I updated my 2017 MacBook pro. The install went smooth and the final step was to restart the device. Once I restarted it I encountered my first bug, it brought me to the log in screen but the background was black and the cursor was a cyan color. Once I click on my user icon the whole screen would freeze. This would happen each time I rebooted the device. I decided to call in apple support and we found out that something had gone wrong with my hard drive because it would not appear when trying to reinstall Mojave.

    They told me to bring it in to an apple store to examine my hard drive, but I need my mac for class tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this problem and know a solution. If not I'll just bring it in for inspection

    submitted by /u/Wh0rehey
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine NAS Recommendations

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:31 AM PDT

    I work at a software company, and while most of our staff backup their data to the cloud, there are some users that have to store data locally. It's only a handful of staff, 15-20 at most. Is there a recommended NAS solution I can install to use Time Machine on for these users?

    submitted by /u/vlanherder
    [link] [comments]

    Menu Bar functionality up to the app developer, yes?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:54 PM PDT

    Hello all, I did search first, apologies. Recently switched to a MBP and loving it. However, there's one thing I don't love much. I have to use a 2 factor auth tool for work, and the one in question is VIP Access from Symantec. It annoys me to no end that it doesn't seem to have menu bar support, and I really hate having to go bring the app to the forefront to copy the code when needed.

    I'm not missing something simple, right?

    submitted by /u/zombiedad
    [link] [comments]

    [Mojave] How can I set dark mode as the default for all new users?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm trying to make dark mode the default for user accounts in Mojave, speficially the Guest user, so we don't need to change that preference back every time we login. Is there a setting or file somewhere we can change (maybe in ~/Library/Preferences?) that will make it the default? I've looked everywhere but it doesn't seem like anybody else is having this issue.

    submitted by /u/JonahAragon
    [link] [comments]

    MacBooks can't connect to AirPort in Bridge Mode

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:35 AM PDT

    Does anyone know why MacBooks specifically can't connect to an AirPort if it's Bridge Mode? My iMac connects, my iPhone connects and my iPad connects, but both my MacBook Air and my MacBook Pro say "self assigned IP" and I can't connect to the internet. If I change to DHCP and NAT, they work fine. I have the AirPort connected with a wire to my ISP supplied modem. I've tried every possible setting in the Airport settings.

    submitted by /u/Andy900
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Mode killing your machine's performance?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:42 AM PDT

    I'm using this post as a means of acquiring feedback and measuring performance levels with Dark Mode enabled and disabled (on/off).

    I've been using every single beta release of macOS Mojave and have been measuring speed, enhancements and performance-levels for each and every release.

    Of course beta versions are riddled with bugs but each sequential release has noticeably provided new patches to older problems.

    While this post may not be applicable to everyone (some folks don't like using beta OS versions, which is perfectly okay) I would like to know as a general consensus if turning off Dark Mode creates less lag and more performance in using your apps or simply using the browser of your choice (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc..).

    Let me know in the comments below what you've noticed and what steps you've tried to measure your performance on macOS Mojave.

    submitted by /u/ifiwasyourboifriend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel