• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 28, 2018

    Apple Watch Oh ok

    Apple Watch Oh ok


    Oh ok

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:42 AM PDT

    The hibiscus sport loop is a real eyecatcher

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 09:17 PM PDT

    I’ve noticed a lack of pics for the Pearl Pink Nike Sport Band on this sub, so I’d thought I’d share mine. Yes, I’m a guy who doesn’t mind wearing pink.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    6 day old S4. Hooray for AppleCare.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:30 PM PDT

    Loving the S4 Gold SS w/ Storm Gray Sport Loop

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 07:58 PM PDT

    Calories burned on my S4 seems way higher compared to my S3

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:09 AM PDT

    So I upgraded recently to an S4 after having the S3 for a year. Love it. I can't stop touching it and staring at the giant screen.

    However, I seem to be burning more calories than I did with my S3; about 40% more per day. My activity levels aren't drastically different to when I had the S3, and I had that long enough to kind of learn my 'ring speed' as it were.

    Activity minutes also seem way easier to clock up. My GF and I went on a walk earlier and I got 57 minutes of exercise compared with her 42 on her S3.

    It's worth noting i sold my S3 before the WatchOS 5 launch to get some cash towards this S4, so this is my first experience with the new OS. This could all be software related. GF is also on WatchOS 5 with her S3 though, and our exercise minutes were off. I understand that could be due to our height and weight differences though, but she's smaller and lighter so if we're walking the same speed shouldn't her 'exercise' be easier to trigger? I dunno.

    I've checked my settings and my measurements are accurate. Has Apple updated their algorithm between OSs?

    Anyway, would be appreciative to hear of anyone else's similar experiences or advice on what might be causing it.

    submitted by /u/Ryphor
    [link] [comments]

    Series 0 to Series 4 experience

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:44 PM PDT

    I've had a series 0 since series 1 came out when they were clearing out series 0 so a little over two years.

    I've worn it everyday expect the odd times a traveled. I exercise regularly, work on cars, and generally put it through it paces usage wise and physically. Oh and I used it in water.

    I refined my use over the two years to be for exercise and text notifications from my wife so the speed wasn't much of an issue. Battery life was fine too, I charged every night.

    My biggest issue was inconsistent heart rate tracking. It was very frustrating to go for a half hour bike ride pushing myself only to see it didn't capture the majority of the ride. I tried different bands, tightness, and placement. Not getting OS 5 was the catalyst for looking too replace it.

    I was going to get a series 3 but knew it had the same sensor so I was worried if it would make a difference. Luckily my friend offered me F&F deal on series 4 so I went that route.

    The speed difference can't be overstated. Series 0 was slow but I was fine with it so I can only imagine how you'd feel if it bugged you. I can jump around apps with no delay. I can go on Twitter on my watch! Siri transcribes almost as quickly as I speak.

    The heart rate tracking has been spot on! Even wearing it looser than I did my series 0 I haven't noticed it drop. Even doing weights it takes about a second to get my HR after a set.

    The thing I didn't think about was walkie talkie. My wife has the series 1 so it's compatible. It's been great! We don't yell at each other at different parts of the house and it's much easier when we have our kids to deal with. No more yelling "whaaaat?!" After 10 years of living together, I'd recommend it just for this!

    The only thing I'm a big disappointed about is the new watch faces. The analogue one is way too busy. The digital modular one is good and I appreciate the extra tall activity or calendar but I wish I could have both: detailed calendar and detailed activity. Not a huge deal because it's so fast: I just tap the date and have the calendar instantly.

    Overall, I was skeptical that it would be that much better than what I had. I'm glad I was wrong.

    submitted by /u/ashgotti
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought my dad a series 4 watch

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 10:31 AM PDT

    I decided to get it for him after he's fallen a couple times, and I really worry for him. Both him and I feel more comfortable now that he has the watch. Although, my dad is a massive Rolex fan. He loves the Mickey Mouse watch face, and after trying out the "tap to speak" feature the first thing he said was "Rolex is so dead". He's now selling all of his collector's watches because he loves his apple watch so much. Just wanted to share that, and thank apple for doing so many amazing health-related features on the watch.

    submitted by /u/JonJonJelly
    [link] [comments]

    Figured out why I dislike the water watch face so much. Look at that compression!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 03:50 PM PDT

    Those of us with eczema

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    Have you had a reaction to the Apple Watch or any of the bands? What has worked for you all?

    submitted by /u/FuckingVincent
    [link] [comments]

    My wife says this looks good. It bugs the hell outta me. Am I wrong?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:54 PM PDT

    Is the Apple Watch S4 supposed to drain even if you aren’t wearing it?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:09 AM PDT

    I took my watch off the charger and put it on my counter this morning because I was going to stick my hand in water and didn't get it wet. I'm just now putting it on and realized it's at 92% battery. I don't recall my S3 doing this, it'd still be at 100%. Now don't get me wrong, my battery still ends up being at 40% or so by the end of the night, so it's still fairly good, but I was wondering if this happens to everyone.

    submitted by /u/Heyyitsmesusan
    [link] [comments]

    Can you view old Apple Watch Competition Data?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 09:16 PM PDT

    Is there any way to view the activity competition data after the completion is over? It seems as soon as the competition ends all the data disappears and it resets. I'd love to be able to reference previous competitions to track my progress.

    submitted by /u/OfficerBangBang
    [link] [comments]

    Love my first watch but looking for awesome apps to top it off

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Loving all the essential functions of my watch but still looking for awesome apps to take things over the top. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mpetrait
    [link] [comments]

    But seriously--why isn't Watch data actually saved in iCloud?!?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:07 PM PDT

    Warning: small vent session follows after losing my nearly 2 years of Apple Watch data today.

    So, I had been operating under an assumption that if I had the Health ticker checked in my phone's iCloud settings, all of my Watch data was being safely backed up. Nope. I like to think I am fairly educated about the things I need to do to make my phone and watch work well together, but somehow "you MUST unpair your Watch before wiping your device" wasn't ever made known to me.

    I went to a local Verizon today to upgrade my 7 Plus for my new XS Max (which I love!), and asked the VZW rep before I switched everything over in-store if there was anything I needed to do related to my Watch for the port-over. "Nope--as long as you're backing your health data up in iCloud it will sync once we put it on the new device." Unfortunately this proved to be false. We had a few other hiccups happen during the restore process related to my SIM card, so when I couldn't get the Watch to re-sync in-store, he told me it was most likely related to it not being a smooth install process and to take my phone and watch home and do a wipe/restore from my 7 Plus backup file at home and that would fix it. My 7 Plus was wiped and traded in and off I went.

    Went home to try the wipe/restore option. Nope--still didn't work. After chatting with Apple support for 35 minutes, he told me that unfortunately, unpairing your Watch is literally the *only* way to create a backup file for the Watch to pull from when moving to a new phone.

    How and why is this a thing?! This makes zero sense to me. If I have peace of mind using iCloud (which I pay for the 50 GB version for), that backs up everything *including Health*, why is a backup of my Watch not made until I manually unpair? So, if my phone gets smashed one day for whatever reason, the rest of my data in iCloud will be mercifully saved while all of my Watch activity and health data is gone?

    And, if that is really the only way Apple can do it, why isn't there an iOS pop-up when a phone is about to be wiped that says "We see there is currently an Apple Watch paired to this device. Make sure to un-pair your Watch in order to create a backup file before erasing this phone." ?

    Back to the drawing board with all of my activity data. Grr.

    submitted by /u/maesterofwargs
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s battery usage go nuts over the last few days?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 05:14 AM PDT

    Bought a series 3 about 6 months ago, my battery usage went from about 30% per day to nearly 60%. Anyone else experience something similar?

    submitted by /u/DifferentThrows
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else has coil whine sound from the Apple Watch 4 or should I get a replacement?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    Hi

    I noticed in a very quite room, that if I turn the screen on and put it close to my ear, I can hear coil whine. The moment the screen turns off, it stops.

    For those not knowing what coil whine is, it's a high-pitched electronic squeaking or scratching noise.

    Would you return it?

    submitted by /u/Faspaiso
    [link] [comments]

    Watch notifications not as loud after upgrading to an XS Max?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:54 AM PDT

    Wife and i just upgraded our phones to the XS and XS Max and we both noticed that our notifications on our watches are not as loud as they were before.

    We went into the settings and turned up the volume and it didn't seem to do anything. Anyone else come across this?

    I have a S2 and she has a S3 Watch.

    submitted by /u/The1llusiveMan
    [link] [comments]

    I have audio books in the Books app on my phone. How can I get these to the Apple Watch 4?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 07:00 PM PDT

    Utility Watch Face: different between watches?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys

    Quick questions: What determines if the bottom complication of the utility watchface is curved or straight?

    I have a Apple Watch Series 4, 44mm and mine looks like this

    My wife has a Apple Watch Series 3, 38mm and hers loks like this

    As you can see on hers the bottom complication (next appointment) is in straight text while mine is curved around the watch face.

    submitted by /u/Schnabulation
    [link] [comments]

    AW4 GPS vs LTE Calling Random Question

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:19 AM PDT

    Hi Gang,

    Random question. I'm in the market for my first ever AW. Am debating between non-LTE and LTE.

    As long as my phone is connected/in proximity to my watch, I can still initiate a call and talk on the phone via my watch, right?

    I.e., say I get in a wreck and can't physically access my phone (in my pocket, in a bag in the back seat, or it went flying, etc.) As long as it's connected, I could still call EMS and talk with them via the watch on my wrist, right?

    Also, for the Series 4 and Xs, what's the ball park range for them to be connected, 30 feet?

    Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/purdue1014
    [link] [comments]

    How much are Edition watch bands worth?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 08:39 PM PDT

    In particular the gray one. Is it the same gray as the ordinary gray from that season? Thanks

    submitted by /u/1080bruxelles
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question about now playing on S4

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    I've searched around and most of the results are all about turning it completely off. I want to keep the auto launch now playing feature where my phone is playing a music, it will automatically launch now playing on my watch.

    But right now, after playing music directly from my watch to a bluetooth device, the now playing refuses to go away. The tiny icon remains on top of my screen even if I'm completely disconnected from my phone. So how do I stop my watch from playing music locally and make the icon go away.

    submitted by /u/MattAces
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favorite complications and why?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:16 PM PDT

    Most of the ones I've seen are just links to the app, but a few, show actual useful information, like the stock one. Wondering how others use complications on their watch since I just recently got an AW.

    submitted by /u/andresmh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel