• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 27, 2018

    Apple Help "This item is temporarily unavailable"

    Apple Help "This item is temporarily unavailable"


    "This item is temporarily unavailable"

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 05:18 PM PDT

    I just picked up two Mac Minis from a thrift store. Both of them had Yosemite installed with a password. So I tried booting the recovery and going into the reinstaller, and it just gives me the error "This item is temporarily unavailable" with no way to continue and no other options. I looked it up and there's no help on Google other than one person who says that opening Safari and logging in there fixes it, which it doesn't.

    So I downloaded Transmac and made a USB installer for Mojave and tried to install that, but while it does start to install, it crashes to a black terminal every time. I've been trying every fix I can find and nothing works. Last thing I tried was making a USB of Yosemite, but that just goes full circle to the first problem.

    Right now I have Linux Mint running on one of them, because after 5 hours of troubleshooting I just want one to at least start an OS, but I want to get macOS working on them.

    submitted by /u/ToppestOfDogs
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave help

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 02:04 PM PDT

    I recently went from an embarrassingly old version of mac to Mojave. So old I decided to erase my entire MBP and start with a fresh OS THEN upgrade to mojave. Anyway, so far so good, but there is one really annoying feature. Every time I open an app it automatically pins it to my dock bar at the bottom. I hate that because I open up apps that I don't use often enough to keep them down there. Is there anyway to turn off that feature or do I have to CONSTANTLY remove app from that part of the dock

    submitted by /u/thistook5minutes
    [link] [comments]

    Continuity Camera issue

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 08:21 PM PDT

    I have been trying to get the Continuity Camera to work with my iPhone 6S+ and MacBook Pro (2015, 13").

    When I right click and go from Import from iPhone > Take Photo, I get an error message that says "Turn on two-factor authentication to use Continuity Camera from your Mac." This then takes me to iCloud settings.

    However, two-factor authentication is already turned on, both iPhone and Mac, logged in on the same account, same WiFi, Bluetooth on.

    I've read many forum posts regarding issues getting the Continuity Camera to work, but can't seem to find a way to resolve this specific issue.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/infernaltorch
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Tabs

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 08:09 PM PDT

    Is there any way to prevent safari form collapsing the tab names? I don't want to scroll through all the tabs I have to find what I need. I'm trying to make it look chrome where all the tabs that I have open are all within reach and visible instead of collapsed and squished to the side.

    submitted by /u/firecrack123
    [link] [comments]

    Airdrop Help!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Hello! I take very large RAW pictures with my 24mp camera. When I transfer it to my iPhone using Airdrop from my MAC, why do my pictures look very blurry on the phone? On the MAC they look crystal clear no matter how much you zoom in, but my goodness they look horrible on the iPhone. Is the iPhone downloading the pictures or something? Help please

    submitted by /u/anthonymunoz10
    [link] [comments]

    So I have an iPad air that can't hold any charge

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:27 PM PDT

    Screen doesn't even turn on so I can't unlock it to back it up to iTunes. I can't get it into recovery mode since it won't turn on. It is essentially bricked. What are my options for getting my data off of it?

    submitted by /u/AlmightyElm
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 6s says it needs billing information

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 06:13 PM PDT

    I put in a visa gift card and made some in app purchases but I don't think I went over the amount of money that was put on the card. Now I can't download or update any apps also I can't even open some apps. I'm sorry if I left any valuable information out please just ask a question and I will answer it ASAP. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Toast-Your-Wifi
    [link] [comments]

    Old iMac running 10.7.5. Cannot download most apps From App Store?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 05:21 PM PDT

    I just received an old iMac I gave to a relative's child that maxed out at 10.7.5. I realize the security and hardware issues. I wiped and reinstalled the system from scratch.

    On IOS, the App Store will allow you to download the latest version of an owned app that works on the device. Any way to download older versions of Final Cut or Logic or most other current apps that existed at the time this Mac wasn't ancient that have been previously purchased?

    !

    submitted by /u/BangsNaughtyBits
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be concerned? -- Mojave randomly prompting for iCloud password.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Hardware: MacBook Pro

    OS: MacOS 10.14 Mojave

    Issue: I returned to my laptop after being away for a few hours. I was immediately prompted by two dialogs that wouldn't go away.

    1. An iCloud settings window w/message "Enter the Apple ID password for (account). The password for (account) needs to be updated." and
    2. A smaller modal dialog w/message that says "assistantd wants to use the 'login' keychain. Please enter the keychain password." I kept clicking cancel and the dialogs kept popping up. So I restarted the laptop.

    However, after it booted, my iPhone displayed a modal message

    1. "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new Mac. If you recently signed into "MacBook Pro" you can ignore this notification. [OK]"

    I considered maybe the OS updated itself while I was away but I'm not seeing a place in Mojave where I can view the date/time history of updates. It just says it's up to date (thanks Apple).

    Thoughts? Should I update my Apple ID password?

    submitted by /u/becuzzathafact
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone says I've hit the limit of devices for WiFi Calling, but I only have two devices added.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:14 PM PDT

    After the iOS 12.0.1 update, I keep getting two alerts each day where iOS tells me I've added the maximum number of devices for WiFi Calling.

    The issue is that I only have two devices, my MackBook Pro (10.14.0) and an iPhone SE (12.0.1) I use as a portable music player.

    Any ideas what the issue could be?

    submitted by /u/ScherisMarie
    [link] [comments]

    2010ish macbook problem

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I was going to give my old macbook to a friend and was trying to update from snow leopard to el capitan and during the installation it freezes. The bar gets to around 75% and ceases to continue.

    Is there any command i can use when it attempts to boot up where i could stop it from trying to automatically continue with the installation?

    Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Phluffhead27
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air won't update

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    I have an iPad Air Model A1474 with 8.4 version. I'm trying to update it to the current IOS software. I updated my MacBook and iTunes, and restarted both my MacBook and iPad, but my iPad refuses to update. Every time I plug my iPad into my MacBook, I receive "A new iPad software version (12.0.1) is available for the iPad "---'s iPad". Would you like to update your iPad now?" When I press "update", nothing happens. What can I do? I am unable to update it straight from the iPad, because it says I need to do it on iTunes.

    submitted by /u/topanga_
    [link] [comments]

    Bricked iPhone 6, no idea how or why

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 08:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have an iPhone 6 but don't use it regularly ever since I upgraded to a new phone. It was working with no issue, and one day I placed it on my shelf. About a month later I was going to load some music on it to keep it in the car, but I found it to be bricked.

    I tried leaving it on the charger for hours, just in case the battery was severely depleted, but that didn't do anything. I tried 4 different wires, even buying a new high quality one from the store just in case my old ones were bad. Nothing. I tried plugging it into a battery bank that automatically lights up when a device is plugged in, it didn't light up. My PC and Mac don't recognize it. Phone is just off, no vibrations or anything upon pressing/holding the power button.

    It's strange that after working just fine I came back and it was bricked, no physical damage or drops occurred.

    model: iphone6 (grey, 16gb) ios version: unknown

    submitted by /u/i_just_dont_get_why
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone running Mojave on a machine from mid 2012 or earlier?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 03:32 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2012 macbook air. 2 ghz i7 with 4 GB ram. I want to upgrade but also don't want to significantly slow my machine down. I was wondering if anyone with a similarly aged machine has experience with the new OS. Currently running High Sierra.

    submitted by /u/nightpanda893
    [link] [comments]

    Using a MacBook Air with external monitor

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 01:06 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Air (never had a macOS device before) and using it in closed display mode with an external monitor and keyboard. Is there anything I should know before doing that, or is it as comfortable as it looks? The first problem that came to my mind was that I have to search for a monitor with 3,5mm jack output in order to sort out possible audio problems(don't want to use speakers). Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/IsthisplaceOccupied
    [link] [comments]

    Texts reset their time with each restart

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    Morning Reddit,

    I have the new XS Max, and in the 'messages' app all messages have the same time listed next to them, throwing the whole list into a completely random order.

    If I send or receive a message, it goes to the top with the new time. As soon as I restart my phone, the whole list again resets back to whatever time I turned the phone on, and the process repeats.

    Any help is much appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/ArtisanBlade
    [link] [comments]

    Backup to Cloud?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to backup my Mac to the cloud (Specifically iCloud Drive). (I'm looking at some way like how its there for the iOS devices) .

    Currently have Carbon Copy to backup my documents at midnight to Google Drive but looking for a solution that I'd be able to restore off in case of HDD Fail. More of an alternative to TimeMachine but Cloud based.

    submitted by /u/thnok
    [link] [comments]

    No longer receiving SMS via Messages app on MBP (2016 model, Mas OS Mojave 10.14)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 01:23 PM PDT

    For a while I used to receive standard SMS from others who didn't have an iPhone or have iMessages enabled or for two factor authenication. Now I only receive them on my phone (haven't checked my ipad, but I'm 99% sure i get them there)

    Any one know a fix to this? I've tried turning off and own message forwarding on my phone and signing in and out of icloud.

    submitted by /u/Carpe-DM
    [link] [comments]

    I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 2012 mac mini. I need 10.11 to run an app. HOW?!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys, as said in the post I'm in osx yosemite on a mac mini. I have had it sitting around for a while and have recently decided to use it again but the app i need requires version 10.11. Ive looked all over but all the talk of high sierra, snow leopard and el capitan is flipping confusing and i cant seem to download the update through the app store. I think i need el capitan? But i need snow leopard first? Can someone explain what i need to download to get from my osx yosemite vs 10.10.5 to a version 10.11 or higher?

    submitted by /u/theghostremains
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer/Delete music from old Ipod Nano that is not my own

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 10:43 AM PDT

    So...I have this old Ipod Nano from 2010 or 2011. I want to delete the music that is in there, and put some music from my library but for some reason it is too complicated. I have I tunes 12.8.0.150

    What am I doing wrong ? The delete buttons and most of the buttons are gray-ed out and I can not do anything from the menu.

    Than you in advance!

    submitted by /u/tonjai
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Upgrading Advice?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    Hey all, I currently have an iPhone 6 plus. I've absolutely loved this phone. I've had it since 2015 and it's showing signs of age. The battery drains ridiculously fast at this point, where I only get maybe 2 hours of use if I'm just texting/calling, it never charges past 64% and it's become unbelievably slow loading apps/the camera/maps.

    I've been looking to upgrade to the iPhone Xs max, but a few things have been holding me back and I was wondering if any current owners/tech savvier people could help me out/ease my mind in this a little

    The things I don't care about/aren't issues Needing a dongle for headphones The notch The price of the phone itself

    1st Worry- lack of a bottom button/face I.d

    I'm not really a fan of my phone scanning my face all the time. It seems like it'd become a pretty substantial battery drain having to have the camera open every time I want to open my phone, and I don't like the idea of having to hold the phone in front of my face to unlock it? Seems hard to do subtly and manually typing in my password every time now seems like it'll become annoying after a while.

    Also the swiping to change apps/close apps seems like it might not be as intuitive as it seems? Messing around with the smax in the Apple store, i noticed it occasionally wouldn't register some swipes

    2-the pricing I'm fine with paying a higher price for a luxury product and apples products are definitely that. Ok just worried that I'll regret buying this phone now, and there being a price drop/new phone out in a few months. Ideally I'd hope that this new phone would last as long as my 6plus. My concern is that the next round of phones will have these features I'm concerned about. Also, not having the dongle in the box, not having the fast charger in the box. For the high price of the phone, it hits me as odd that they're forcing us to shell out another $60ish to actually utilize the phone well.

    I'm pretty sold on getting the phone, so obviously these things aren't major dealbreakers I was hoping someone could ease my mind out of this pre-buyers remorse I'm feeling haha

    submitted by /u/DeweySays
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut for new finder window not working

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:04 PM PDT

    Hi i had a shortcut to open up a new finder window from anywhere and now it doesnt work for some reason. I try different keys to use and each don't work.

    Spotlight works but I prefer opening a new finder window. Thanks

    submitted by /u/nixenbach
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some of my audiobooks separate into tracks when added to iTunes? How can I fix this?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:32 AM PDT

    I've been loading my audiobook collection into iTunes. They almost always come up as music, so I go in and change the media type to audiobook and, voila, it's in the right library. However, sometimes, the book will split into tracks on the main page and I can't see a pattern in what books do separate into tracks and which don't.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/cteavin
    [link] [comments]

    Weird connect to iTunes message.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 10:53 AM PDT

    It's not just the iTunes logo...it's on the lock screen itself. Here's what it looks like [image] https://imgur.com/gallery/eNloheV If you have anyways of fixing it let me know! Thanks

    submitted by /u/username83929
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2018 keyboard question

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    So earlier today I noticed that there were wired holes in the plastic film under the keyboard that seemed to be a sign of bad build quality. keyboard, keys. But the thing is, I saw the same thing on one of fixit's teardown pics. My theory is that this is part of the new rubber isolation of the butterfly keys and I don't have to worry. Is that correct ?

    submitted by /u/3cst4cy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel