• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    Apple Help NFC (Apple Pay) no longer works on iPhone 6S Plus after getting battery changed at an Apple Store. Is it worthwhile contacting Apple over this?

    Apple Help NFC (Apple Pay) no longer works on iPhone 6S Plus after getting battery changed at an Apple Store. Is it worthwhile contacting Apple over this?


    NFC (Apple Pay) no longer works on iPhone 6S Plus after getting battery changed at an Apple Store. Is it worthwhile contacting Apple over this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:52 PM PDT

    The battery on my 6S Plus was below 80% health and I had performance restrictions, so I paid the $30 to get the battery changed at the Apple Store. Apple Care on it expired months ago. When I came to pick up the phone, I tried to pay for the repair with with Apple Pay but it didn't work. The Genius Bar employee told me it must be their wireless NFC receiver which was malfunctioning. At the time, I didn't even suspect it was my phone having the issue.

    However, I've since tried it at multiple businesses where I used to frequently use Apple Pay but it's not working at all anymore. The phone doesn't even pick up any signal at all from pay terminals. I open Wallet myself (doesn't open automatically) and use my fingerprint and it just says "hold near reader" like there's nothing there.

    Is it worth contacting Apple over this or going back to the Apple store? Or should I just live without NFC because it's an off warranty phone? I was using Apple Pay the day before my battery got fixed, and it didn't work immediately after and hasn't worked since, so I know it was the battery replacement that broke it. I guess I don't really have any hard proof besides my word, but everything else on the phone works perfectly besides NFC.

    submitted by /u/pm-me-ur-car-pic
    [link] [comments]

    Having an incredibly tough time uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:17 PM PDT

    I know, I should never have installed it in the first place. This has been a multi-year saga of me trying to uninstall and my soul being destroyed by McAfee over and over again.

    Here are the details on my Mac.

    Every time I've attempted to uninstall, I receive this error message. I've tried modifying permissions via Get Info and it still won't work.

    Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eiPhone
    [link] [comments]

    Found iPad Mini, owners won’t reply don’t know what else to do

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:02 PM PDT

    I've come into contact with an iPad that seems to have belonged to a company. I emailed the company at two different emails but I have yet to hear back from them. It doesn't have a passcode but is logged into a iCloud account. Is there anything else I can do to return the iPad to its owner or what else do i do with it? i feel like it's just going to wasts

    submitted by /u/ZaratexD
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro stuck at login screen with spinning colored wheel

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:47 PM PDT

    Ok, so I was downloading an application from Google chrome, which I'm pretty sure was safe. Anyway, then a website was trying to open, and then everything became stuck. So I held down the power button to close the computer and to reopen it. It loaded, and it brought me to the login screen. I typed in my password, and it showed the little spinning wheel, but then that wheel froze at one spot. Then my cursor became that colored spinning wheel and kept on spinning for a few minutes. So I tried restarting again, and the same thing happened, and I tried this like 3 times in total. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/BlitzNTL
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 7 Plus. I have a Bluetooth FM transmitter in my car. If I leave Spotify open, it will auto play when I get in. No problem. The thing is if Spotify isn’t open, it randomly plays a song out of my music library. What’s the cause?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:32 AM PDT

    I don't guess it's a problem per se, but it is annoying. And also it picks a random song to play and for about a week it's the same song and then the next week or for the next few days it consistently plays the same random song.

    submitted by /u/FangFingersss
    [link] [comments]

    How to Reformat a Scratch Disk?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 09:04 PM PDT

    Picked up a 1TB External Hard Drive for editing.

    Going to be using it as a final cut pro scratch disk / time machine backup.

    Wondering how I should format before I begin using it - should I go for the full 1TB Mac OS Extended or Journaled? (I'm still on Sierra so don't have APFS option). Or should I do a 75-25 split between Mas OS Extended & ExFat incase I ever need to access it over a Windows machine (however I heard that scratch disks don't perform as well on partitioned drives) hmm... what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/inSpyran
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for a MacBook on eBay. Is this a good deal?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:44 PM PDT

    Do Apple Store Geniuses have to destroy an iPhone’s screen protector in order to fix the screen?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    So this isn't a question about how to fix an issue with my phone but I figured since there are Apple Geniuses here ya'll would know the answer. If my question is better off somewhere else please point me in the right direction.

    I just got back from having my screen replaced at the Apple Store and I was told that in order to fix my screen the screen protector would have to be taken away. I don't remember exactly if the guy said it would have to be destroyed or just discarded, but he asked if I was attached to the screen protector, and since it was cheap and I have others and didn't want to be rude I said no, that it would be fine if they got rid of it. Looking back on it now though it would've been nice if I could've kept it, since there wasn't anything wrong with it.

    So is it necessary for Apple to get rid of the screen protector, or in the future can I ask for it back?

    submitted by /u/Vadise_TWD
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook Badge Notifs not working

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:16 PM PDT

    I've looked all up and down on google. I've hard reset the phone. I've updated the software. I've removed and reinstalled the FB app. I've turned on all notifs in settings on the phone. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. All other apps have numbered notification badges working.

    It's an iPhone 8+

    submitted by /u/Jemmy_Time
    [link] [comments]

    Ask to log in with my Apple id every time my macbook boots up

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:15 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have a 2016 Macbook Pro Touchbar (1st gen) and ever since I updated to the macOS Mojave, my macbook asks me to log in with my Apple ID every time I boot up. The message that comes with it says, "To set up iCloud, enter the password for _______." I would post a pic of the screen but this thread won't let me.

    Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/ambiguouschris
    [link] [comments]

    Stream to monitor with no latency?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:03 PM PDT

    Is there anyway to stream my mid-'12 MBP to my monitor with NO LATENCY? I won't always be using it to game, but I will sometimes. I don't want to buy an apple tv but if that is my ONLY option, I will. But I want to see if there is a better/cheaper option?

    My monitor is a SAMSUNG XL2370-1

    • Has DVI & HDMI

    • 23" 1920 x 1080 2ms

    submitted by /u/thistook5minutes
    [link] [comments]

    Loading thousands of words into iOS autocorrect databases?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:34 PM PDT

    I have iOS devices and I am currently in the process of learning Lojban. Autocorrect keeps "fixing" words like gismu into gismo. How can I load all of the common Lojban words into my iOS devices so the computer can work for me? There are over 1000.

    submitted by /u/shadowh511
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering why my MBP Late 2013 is running slow

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    Hey All, I'm wondering about the general slowing down of my macbook. From my limited knowledge it looks like I still have a good setup hardware wise, but my performance is saying otherwise.

    for context - I'm a designer and sometimes my computer gets pretty slow when working on large files in Indesign, or Photoshop, Illustrator etc.

    I used to have no problems playing games like heroes of the storm, or World of Warcraft, recently though my computer has had a tough time handling these games without lagging (sometimes slightly, sometimes heavily)

    My current free hard drive space is 223 GB of my 500GB hard drive (I recently cleaned things up / moved to externals as I read this was a way to get the computer to run faster), it worked, but not ideally.

    My model MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) Processor - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Startup Disk Macintosh HD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

    Mac OS version - mac OS Sierra 10.12.16

    Is this just a case of my computer becoming older and outdated? Let me know if there are any ways I can provide more information about my computer to help diagnose this, and thank you all!

    submitted by /u/asaboveslowbelow
    [link] [comments]

    Question about selling iphone

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    Im selling two broken iphones to a guy whos number I found on a picket sign advertising buying iphones. Why would he need to know the carrier? The phones are just being sold for parts and he needs to know what carrier they were on back when they were used. Will he be able to access any of my information with this info? Or is it just something he needs to know?

    submitted by /u/CalmPassenger
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Ruined?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    So I managed to accidentally spill some acetone-free nail polish remover on my laptop today. It spilled in the top right corner and from what I can tell, the question mark key, the letter 'p', the power button is being glitchy (delayed), the volume controls, and the enter key are all no longer working. I dried it with a hair drier as best as I could and turned the laptop off. I was wondering if there's anything else I can do for this, can the problem worsen? Will Apple be able to resolve this at all? I don't have Apple care and when I went in to fix one of the arrow keys that had stopped working inexplicably they told me it would cost around $600 to repair. I'm a university student and this is quite pricey for me so I was wondering if there's any way I can work around this at all. Thank you so much, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gholdist
    [link] [comments]

    Smart photo browser?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    My Girlfriend bought a deluxe DSLR camera and has been experimenting with various settings and methods. So for the last year or so she has photo folders that include a lot of 'dupes' - namely the same photo saved in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, RAW) and/or shots done with bracketing or as bursts.

    I'm wondering if there is any preview program for MAC that will detect things like this and group photos so she can kinda 'expand' a single shot that is bracketed and see all the options at once and then when deleting unwanted shots it would recognize the PNG and JPG versions of the same shot and delete them at the same time?

    She's just a bit daunted by reviewing 20 layers for every shot in finder - so I'm thinking there HAS to be a better way.

    submitted by /u/completelyillogical
    [link] [comments]

    Restore files from formated internal drive

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 03:33 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I formated the internal drive of an iMac using the recovery mode. Afterwards I was told, that there were still some important files on it, which need to be restored. The OS wasn't reinstalled yet, so the internal disk is untouched since.

    As booting a Linux live disk isn't possible, is there any other way to restore files from the drive?

    submitted by /u/formatmac
    [link] [comments]

    Can I create a shortcut to turn on my Nest Camera at night?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    I know Nest isn't HomeKit enabled but wasn't sure if I could create shortcuts for any app

    submitted by /u/fatboyslick
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook retina 2015 - not charging battery and service battery warning

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:49 PM PDT

    Hi. So, a few days ago, my MacBook got a Service Battery warning and it stopped charging fully. It would take a charge, but not increase in percentage.

    Now it's not recognising the charger at all.

    I've owned it 3 years, my current cycle count is 906, and I've never had any battery issues before now. It went from Normal to Service Battery.

    I've already tried resetting the SMC, but to no avail (maybe because it's not detecting the charger). I've tried moving the charger to a different outlet, however, I've not had chance to use a different charger yet.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LiamFromTheInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Why does itunes never sync to an iphone properly on the first attempt?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:39 PM PDT

    My settings are to upload my entire itunes music library to my iphone on every sync. When I add new songs to itunes they play fine, however when I try to get them onto my iphone by syncing, the songs show up in the iphone's recently added, but have circles next to them and are not actually available to play on the device. It takes me 2-3 re-attempts to sync (making no other changes) until the songs actually appear playable on the iphone. Why is this?

    iTunes Screenshot after syncing

    Songs 43-50 in this image, will not actually even show up on my device. Can somebody please explain why this is?!

    submitted by /u/Infinity_Complex
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with syncing my iPhone to my PC

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:18 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 11.3.1, and ever since I changed the phone's name in the phone's settings, it fails to synchronize with my PC (which has the newest version of iTunes installed). Also, a few playlists on my PC went completely empty, while still remaining back on my iPhone in the state before I could sync it last.

    I have no idea what could be wrong with it, since the PC doesn't detect that I have any music on my phone(it detects books on iBooks though), although I have everything from my library except maybe 5 songs which I added in the last few days to my iTunes library.

    Funnily enough, it backs up just fine, just the synchronization is the issue.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/Omn1m0n
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone here set up their Mac to store iOS backups on an external hard drive?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    [HELP] Mail accounts not syncing after iOS 12.0.1 update on iPhone X

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    Updated to 12.0.1 on my iPhone X two nights ago now my mail is not syncing across my MacBook and iPhone. This is occurring on all three of my mail accounts. If I delete, move, read a message on one device it will not reflect on the other. I have tried some troubleshooting to no avail.

    Any aid or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/sadkirb
    [link] [comments]

    Screen time issue

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:53 PM PDT

    My safari app is hidden when I'm attempting to add it to the "Always Allow" category for when I set downtime.

    I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

    I also have a bug where some nights my screen time says I'm on my phone basically all night and health app says I'm walking around all night when I obviously sleeping??

    Can't wait for 12.1 update lol

    submitted by /u/sicsicsickkk
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6s Plus wont charge using Car Charger, but Ipad Mini does. Whats going on?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:50 PM PDT

    So I just fixed a fuse in the car to get the power outlet and cig lighter (both 12v) working. bought a new USB car outlet to use in the car. But some reason when I tested it, my Android phone works, and my Ipad Mini charges on it. But some reason my Iphone 6s plus, wont charge. What could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/Knighthonor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel