• Breaking News

    Friday, October 26, 2018

    Apple Help Can't find 'not this person' in Photos on Macbook to clean up accidental tag

    Apple Help Can't find 'not this person' in Photos on Macbook to clean up accidental tag


    Can't find 'not this person' in Photos on Macbook to clean up accidental tag

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:14 PM PDT

    Not for the iPhone. I am trying to clean up the 4000+ photos that I have, and decided to try the face recognition feature. Accidentally tagged my mom as me, but I can't find the 'Not this Person' button to untag her. I've found lots of instructions for the phone version, but this is on my actual computer. Can anyone tell me where it's hidden?

    Thank you!

    OS10.13.06 . Photos: 3.0

    submitted by /u/marekkane
    [link] [comments]

    How to Send Animoji as Picture Instead of Sticker?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:32 PM PDT

    I just got the iPhone XR today and have been playing around with Animoji for the first time. It seems like I was once able to send an Animoji as a regular picture that can be saved or copied. However, now I can only send them as "stickers." Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? See here for the difference between the two.

    Right now I am not holding on the Animoji such that it "unsticks," but just quickly tapping on it.

    submitted by /u/Velm
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2015 repair

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:04 PM PDT

    think i may have screwed something up here.

    i bought a used Macbook that didn't have backlit keys. so me being me, i decided it would be a fantastic idea to take the machine apart to investigate.

    in short, keyboard didn't have backlighting & after reassembly, the keyboard doesn't work.

    i've read things about how the keyboard & trackpad would quit working & i would need to replace the trackpad cable if this was the case, but the trackpad works just fine.

    tried an SMC/PRAM reset w an external keyboard, no dice.

    would i need to get a trackpad cable or a new keyboard assembly? & where would be a good place to get one of these? ifixit doesn't sell the replacement keyboards & the replacements on amazon have me weary

    thanks again

    submitted by /u/xilofohn
    [link] [comments]

    Going to lose all my photos unless someone helps me.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 09:23 PM PDT

    I keep toggling on iCloud back up photos and It just is not showing up when I go to iCloud.com Turned it off for 10 minutes turned it on and my photos are just not appearing. My iCloud is empty when I go on iCloud.com

    submitted by /u/prehistoricgz
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photos & Family Sharing

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 08:51 PM PDT

    I share iCloud storage with my family on a 'family sharing' set-up, and to date haven't backed up my photos to iCloud in fear of all my photos being shared to the family iCloud backup.

    I'm now running out of space on my phone so the logical thing would be to back up lots of my photos to iCloud.

    My question is that if I do backup my photos to the iCloud drive that's shared with family, will my family members be able to access all my photos?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/zediszen
    [link] [comments]

    How do I retrieve a password that was deleted from the password manager?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:57 AM PDT

    I've deleted a password unintentionally. Is there any way to retrieve it?

    submitted by /u/standardwoman
    [link] [comments]

    Mail app draining battery with background activity [iPhone Xs / iOS 12.0.1]

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 11:25 AM PDT

    I've been running into the issue that the mail app is draining my battery with background activity. It's always the highest percentage in the battery settings, above even the reddit app.

    Rebooting temporarily seems to get it under control but it'll come up again. Is there a more permanent fix?

    I've already backed up and restored via iTunes as well as removing all mail accounts and re adding.

    submitted by /u/-WB-Spitfire
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting “could not create a preboot volume APFS install”

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:59 PM PDT

    I already tried the method mentioned here https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-Could-not-create-a-Preboot-Volume-for-APFS-insatll-on-Mac-OS but the format keeps failing MacBook Air 2015 running High Sierra

    submitted by /u/popopthesecond
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Mini users, how does your device hold up in iOS 11-12 era, is it still usable for day to day use? Thanks.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:58 AM PDT

    Syncing iOS Reminders "Shopping List" and "To Do" lists with Alexa?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:32 PM PDT

    I've tried over and over to get this to work using IFTTT and it never does. Can anyone help that has it working? If so, can you tell me exactly which applet you're successfully using? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Thephen_Stawking
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE restart loop

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    I just got a screen replacement for my SE and ever since it's been constantly restarting over and over again. I went back and they put on a new screen. It didn't work, please help.

    submitted by /u/BrewsGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Got Apple Watch S4 shipped from Apple directly, UPS said something peculiar on the tracking

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 12:40 PM PDT

    So I'm expecting an Apple Watch S4 GPS ONLY model to come via UPS next week direct from Apple. Coming from China to Canada.

    I checked the tracking number this morning and it said the following message in the "detailed view:"

    We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker. / As requested, the package was transferred to a Free Trade Zone or a non-UPS broker.

    What the fuck does this mean? I have not contacted any Non-UPS broker about this package or requested it to go to a "Free Trade Zone," and I don't want brokerage fees on delivery either. I paid a significant chunk on this Watch and even put on AppleCare as a just in case.

    Should I be worried, or is Apple taking care of this on their end.

    Thanks,

    urbanracer34

    submitted by /u/urbanracer34
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes: filesharing is off?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:27 PM PDT

    Version of iTunes: 12.8.0.150
    MacOS: High Sierra: 10.13.6
    iPhone 5, latest update

    Problem: I want to put files onto my phone/ into my apps, but in iTunes, under FileSharing, it tells me "File Sharing is off"

    How do I turn it on? Sorry this is a basic question, but I have looked online and have not seen this issue addressed.

    submitted by /u/breadtoppings
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID has been disabled for a while

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:24 PM PDT

    For the past fees days my account has been disabled so I tried changing my password and trying again after a while but it's still disabled. Anyone know how to help?

    submitted by /u/TheCringeMachine
    [link] [comments]

    Swap Out Battery or Upgrade?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:17 PM PDT

    I've been on the iPhone 7 for the last two years. It works fine for the most part but I have been experiencing it being a little buggy sometimes and the battery is starting to go downhill fast. if I replace the battery, will that improve the overall performance? (I heard it does) or should I just upgrade to a new device. I'm perfectly happy with what I got now, but I wouldn't mind a little upgrade. If I did, I would most likely get the XR. Thoughts??

    submitted by /u/sandsquatch
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro running slow

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    running slow out of no where. it now gives a grey loading bar after typing in password to log into profile upon startup which it never used to do. screen timed out from not using it, woke it up, it them restarted itself and has been like this ever since. at first it would not load into profile would get stuck at 100% . now it seems to load in but takes forever. when i'm in all applications are running VERY slow. computer is up to date software wise its a 2011 . had about 100gig of free space so hard drive is not full. what could cause this?

    submitted by /u/boyjohnnyjohnnyboy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone backup Encrypted Password

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:05 PM PDT

    I had to restore my iPhone today, but was unworried because I knew I had backed up my phone earlier today. When I tried to recover the backup it asked for a password. I was surprised because, as far as I remember, I had never set up a password for my backups. Every possible password I might have chosen hasn't been working, so I tried to look up my issue online and found that many other people have my exact same problem. I found a program that allegedly solves this called TunesGeeker, but it's a more than my budget allows. I'd really appreciate any advice or ideas you might have.

    submitted by /u/WillemSummer
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to boot to USB drive

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    I wiped out the OS from my MacBookAir. I put the boot up data on my flash drive that is in my notebook. The instructions say that there should be an option to boot up from USB drive but only a hard drive is listed. Using my husbands Windows computer I downloaded the Mac OS installation information onto a flash memory stick. Somehow I must've missed a step . any help is appreciated thanks .

    submitted by /u/cgm707
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Retina 15" running slow?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I got my old Macbook 2.8ghz intel core i7 (4 core), 15gb ram, geforce gt750mb 2048mb

    I reformatted the machine cause it had unnecessary crap on it, and it seems to struggle abit just if only have handful of apps open. Even logging in sometimes. Any ideas? I of course dont have bloatware and shit like that installed, very lean build

    submitted by /u/camisra2000
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy an LG Ultrafine 5k display or a used 2014 5K iMac?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    I have a maxed out 2017 MacBook Pro 15 and need a new external display. But those LG's are SO EXPENSIVE. I can buy a maxed out late 2014 5K iMac for just a few hundred dollars more.

    I would just use the iMac when I'm at home and the MacBook when I'm at the office or out since I know you can't use an iMac as an external display anymore.

    So I guess I'm asking if the LG Ultrafine 5K has a better display than the late 2014 iMac? If they're comparable, then I'll definitely just buy the iMac.

    But of course I'll wait until after the announcement this month as the used market will probably drop a bit with the new models coming out.

    submitted by /u/Mike
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to associate my phone number for iMessage with an old iPhone?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    Up until now, I've had iMessage working on my iPhone and Mac. I use my phone number as my "primary" iMessage address. I was also able to associate my phone number with my Mac to send/receive iMessages on it.

    I just go my new iPhone today, and wanted to keep my old iPhone as a glorified iPod Touch (wifi only, since the cellular service is now active on my new one). However, I noticed this afternoon that the old one wasn't getting iMessages (despite being connected to wifi). I went into iMessage settings, and saw that the phone number was grayed out with a spinning wheel, with a message saying it was "awaiting activation". Is it possible to associate this number again with my old iPhone so that I can send / receive messages like I do on my Mac?

    submitted by /u/DVNO
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Screen is Glitching

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:06 PM PDT

    My 15-inch 2014 Mac Retina Pro Laptop started glitching on the screen today. It is transitioning between the screen and a purple display of lines that covers the screen like this.

    The only thing that has happened recently is that I got warning that my storage was running out. Due to this I cleared 22GB of storage two days ago. I also installed Mojave two weeks ago. I opened my laptop today and this started.

    submitted by /u/pancakeforpresident
    [link] [comments]

    No album artwork in Apple Music

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:04 AM PDT

    Starting last week, my iPhone 6s has no cover art. Whenever I add a song or album to my library, they all have the default grey art. This makes it very difficult to find music quickly.

    Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/vespertained
    [link] [comments]

    ipad reboot loop

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    My ipad pro '16 (a1673) keeps restarting permanently and does other wierd things ,already tried resetting it to factory state. Cant even get to Recovery mode. Amy ideas what could cause that?

    submitted by /u/tymmy_turnup
    [link] [comments]

    Resetting Ipad mini

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 01:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I have an ipad mini which has an incorrect password entered multiple times, and is now perma-locked. I've downloaded and signed into itunes on my pc, however it won't detect the ipad at all. I'm pretty sure that the ipad is connected properly, as I held down the power and home button until it displayed the charger cable and an arrow towards the itunes logo. Also the charging port couldn't be damaged as it charges. Any tips on how to get itunes to register it would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/bluekloudftw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel