• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018

    macOS Need help upgrading SSD on my 2017 MacBook Air

    macOS Need help upgrading SSD on my 2017 MacBook Air


    Need help upgrading SSD on my 2017 MacBook Air

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    So I want to upgrade my MacBook Air with a Samsung 970 Pro. Aside from needing an adapter to do so, is there anything else I should know before making a purchase?

    submitted by /u/MrConfidential678
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring data to SSD Mojave + what size SSD to get?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 04:26 PM PDT

    A while ago I posted about downgrading from Mojave to El Capitan. I realize now that wasn't the main problem. The problem was the new APFS system.

    I'm going to just put an SSD into the USB 3 of this iMac and transfer the info from my HD to this SSD and boot from that.

    Here's my plan.

    • Get SSD • Plug in and format SSD to APFS • Use SuperDuper! to put info from HD to SSD • Boot from SSD, and wipe HD to store extra files on.

    My read and write speeds are as shown on Mojave with a 1TB HDD on a 2013 iMac: 77 Write 60 Read

    The computer is barely useable.

    Sub question, should I get a small SSD and just put OS on it? Or should I just get a TB.

    I've currently got 450GB of data on it, and it'll be growing. But if I transfer that to a 500GB SSD could I just use the HD as the other 1TB storage?

    submitted by /u/Kennysvgp089
    [link] [comments]

    Help. Lost my Notification Center icon in menu bar!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    Somehow my menu bar icon for the NC, the three lines is gone. Just a blank space. The NC still shows up upon clicking, but not the Icon. Someone said I was missing some pdf file in SystemUIServer?

    submitted by /u/Sn0wFr33ze
    [link] [comments]

    Mini Displayport to HDMI cable, TV screen not recognized (MAC OS 10.14 - Mojave Beta)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    So weird situation (I am having a MacBook Air 2017, 13-inch) - I am using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable to connect to external monitor (Panasonic one, but same problem with Samsung one, however some others are working) and the Mac does not reconize the TV. At the same time using the same cable, the same TV, my Windows laptop has no problems - I tried all resets and went even into Beta, but couldn't solve my problem.Maybe someone here has a solution - I have another cable which I am trying tonight but that did as much as I know not work with Samsung TV, so chances are it won't work here either.

    Cable used: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-DisplayPort-Resolution-Macbook-Microsoft/dp/B00YONKZ72/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1533091241&sr=8-4&keywords=rankie+displayport+dp+to+hdmi+cable%2C+4k+resolution+ready%2C+6+feet

    submitted by /u/RubyNdT
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Netbios Lookups?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of an easy way to disable Netbios lookups in MacOS (specifically, High Sierra)? I can block these on my own machine using pf rules, but I'm looking for an easy way non-technical employees can block them as well.

    Without any blocks, every time a user connects to a smb:// or cifs:// URI via Finder's "Go to..." menu, MacOS performs a Netbios lookup on the name OR IP address (depending on which you enter) before connecting. So if I connect to "cifs://10.1.1.1/myshare" to access "myshare" on a server with IP 10.1.1.1, MacOS performs a forward multicast lookup on 10.1.1.1 for some reason (this makes no sense, since I've already entered an IP address anyway, there's nothing that should need to be looked up).

    If a nefarious user wants, they can respond to this lookup before the real server does, so when it's time to authenticate to the server, my credentials are sent to the nefarious user instead (this seems like a pretty big security issue, especially if there's no easy way to stop these microsoft-esq lookups other than via pf rules).

    submitted by /u/BrandonNC
    [link] [comments]

    Paste folder into multiple subfolders

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 06:16 AM PDT

    Good morning,

    I am trying to place folder "A", and all of its contents, into all of the subfolders of folder "B." (Ie, /User/Docs/B/Everyfolder)

    Any thoughts on a way to this without Command+Dragging to copy into each of 1600+ folders?

    Thank you for any thoughts!

    10.13.6

    submitted by /u/ajsmith227
    [link] [comments]

    Backup application

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 01:43 PM PDT

    Hi.

    How can I backup a specific application. Not only the Applications content but also some other content that the app adds into other folders than the application folder?

    Ideally free :)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kodiak0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel