• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 5, 2018

    macOS MacBook Air 2015 keyboard and trackpad only works in Recovery

    macOS MacBook Air 2015 keyboard and trackpad only works in Recovery


    MacBook Air 2015 keyboard and trackpad only works in Recovery

    Posted: 05 Aug 2018 01:24 AM PDT

    So I aquired this MacBook air that has the keyboard and trackpad that is dead, first thing I did was to replace the ribbon cable going from motherboard to the trackpad, the fixed the trackpad and half the keyboard.

    At which point I just assumed the keyboard itself is dead so I replaced the keyboard itself and reassembled everything. Now both of those devices don't work at all. Only when I do cmd+option+R, both devices work fine, doesn't work in CMD+R nor does it work at the login screen. Tried CMD+S, which gives me errors when I try to type (apple hsspi controller) also CMD+option+p+r and safemode, nothing works.

    Since the keyboard and trackpad works in recovery, this leads me to believe its a software issue, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Razroid
    [link] [comments]

    Is anybody else also constantly getting "you are not signed in to Apple Music"

    Posted: 05 Aug 2018 01:44 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro Lighting up but screen is still black.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro Lighting up but screen is still black.

    Hi there,

    Sorry if this has been posted before or should be in another subreddit but i've had zero luck so far.

    Trying to fix my girlfriends MacBook Pro,

    So basically,

    When i turn on the MacBook Pro, it will make the start up sound and until i press the buttons or the power button it will then light up all the buttons and even the screen to an extent, however nothing else happens, the screen is still black.

    I've looked at so many suggestions online such as the PRAM attempt, turning up the brightness, attempting to enter the password and hitting enter, pressing shift control option and power etc.

    Has anyone else encountered these problems and found a solution?

    I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

    Thanks :)

    https://i.redd.it/cdf1bhfjw4e11.jpg

    submitted by /u/Frak_Reynolds
    [link] [comments]

    macOS iBooks syncing problem

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 05:36 PM PDT

    My iBooks on mac stops syncing books to iCloud.

    To be precise, when I add the books on mac (pdf or epub), nothing is uploaded to iCloud and therefore does not show up on my iPad/iPhone. However, the other way works fine. i.e. When I add a book on iPad, it shows up on my mac iBooks.

    I am on Mojave now, but the problem started way before while I was on High Sierra, and I have 1TB iCloud storage with a lot of free spaces.

    Funny when I click on "Move books from iTunes" it says it imported 70 something books every time. does not impact anything else though.

    Any body else has a similar experiences? or have some pointer how to fix?

    submitted by /u/xldrx
    [link] [comments]

    Open window from minimized by clikcing normal icon?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 06:12 AM PDT

    I hate it when you have only one window minimized but you cannot open it by clicking the normal icon in the dock but you must click on the minimized window icon on the right.

    is there a worklaroiund for this behaviour? It makes no sense for apps that can only have one instance.

    submitted by /u/Subfader
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel