• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 2, 2018

    Apple Help Do I Erase "Apple SSD XXXXXX" or "Macintosh HD"?

    Apple Help Do I Erase "Apple SSD XXXXXX" or "Macintosh HD"?


    Do I Erase "Apple SSD XXXXXX" or "Macintosh HD"?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 06:09 PM PDT

    I can't seem to get a clear answer on this.

    When I go to reformat my computer, there are a couple of names under "Internal." One is the manufacturers name for the SSD so it would say "Apple SSD AP01XX" etc etc and then under that, indented it says "Macintosh HD"

    Am I supposed to erase the parents volume or do I just focus on the Macintosh HD portion? I just want to make sure all my data is nuked.

    Some people say to erase the very first drive while other says you just have to do the Macintosh HD.

    submitted by /u/eatcabbage
    [link] [comments]

    Cant downgrade to iOS 7.1.1 on iPod Touch 5G

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:06 PM PDT

    Hi all, I joined this sub to answer questions, not to ask them, but anyway! I tried to downgrade my iPod Touch 5th gen back to iOS 7.1.1 to use with my programming, but every time I try to do this, I recieve an error on my PC saying "An unknown error occurred". I have done this countless times with my iPod 2 and iPhone 4s but this time it wont work. I should note that I have updated iTunes to the latest version.

    submitted by /u/jurassicrealm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone not charging

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:58 PM PDT

    Already cleaned out port, i checked the cord with another device to see if that was it but the cord works fine. Tried soft resetting already. Do I need to update my iPhone is that it?

    submitted by /u/qwilliams92
    [link] [comments]

    Reseting iPhone without iTunes

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:55 PM PDT

    ok so i bought an iphone 7 online and i have no further contact with the person i bought it from. just recently i changed my password, and for some reason the next day i completely forgot it. completely..i dont know whats wrong with me but after a day i just..forgot. my fingerprint was still useable so i was able to use the phone for about a day or so. after that it wouldnt let me in without my password. i kept trying until eventually it said "connect to itunes." i did that to restart the phone but the itunes was the person who sold it to me. i can no longer get into the phone and i basically wasted my money. and yes its my fault but is there anything i can do?

    submitted by /u/D_aze
    [link] [comments]

    Certain 2012 macbook pro keys not working

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:50 PM PDT

    Hi all.

    I hope you might be able to give me a bit of advice. I've just received a 2012 pre-retina macbook that's got an issue with the keyboard. It seems that the W, S, X, tab, and 2 key aren't working.

    It doesnt look like there's any sort of water damage or physical damage from what I can tell. So far I've checked the accessibility and keyboard settings to make sure nothing was amiss there. I've wiped the laptop as well hoping it might be a hidden setting somewhere with no luck.

    Any other suggestions you all may have or a guess as to what I can check next?

    Thanks so much!!

    submitted by /u/mikethrice
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air not shutting down all the way

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 07:48 PM PDT

    My Macbook Air has been getting stuck on this screen (https://ibb.co/kJrtiz) where it is black but the keyboard is still it and I can still move the cursor whenever I try to shut it down or restart it. It will shut down all the way when I hold the power button, and it starts back up fine. I'm just wondering how to fix this and if something is very wrong.

    It is a 2015 Macbook Air running High Sierra 10.13.5

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lifeisabowlofbs
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my backup halfassed and incomplete? My icloud.com account only shows pictures from May 2018 and onward.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:43 PM PDT

    I have years worth of photos on my iphone 6+, 14 gigabytes total, and yet my 50 gigabyte storage icloud backup will only backup until this May.

    What the fuck is going on?

    submitted by /u/colkcolkcolk
    [link] [comments]

    Itunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 05:57 PM PDT

    I've tested 3 MacBooks with older operating systems and 1 with el captain and on every mac with mac os x 10.7.5 or older they all receive this message. Are you serious, did Apple really make it so I am required to update to el capitan or newer os in order to sync iphone? Any way around this?

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 can't reatore

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:25 PM PDT

    So I have my coworkers phone It's iPhone 7 He forgot password and after manny fails he says it got connect to iTunes ( it happens right in front of me)

    So he asked if j can fix it because he doesn't have a pc

    When I did restore it failed error -1 Now it's stuck in recovery. Mode

    From that point I try on other pc Laptob got error 9 and in dfu mode error -1

    Help I can't fix someone will know how on here

    iPhone bar only gets halfway before failing

    submitted by /u/mike9871
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air shuts down iwhen unplugged

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 05:28 PM PDT

    I can only use the laptop while plugged, it charges to 100% but when I unplugged it the laptop shuts down and the battery goes back at 0%

    Macbook Air 2014

    system_profiler SPPowerDataType

    OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

    submitted by /u/ratsiev
    [link] [comments]

    Someone pls help me Apple Verification loop

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 04:28 PM PDT

    Everytime I wanna download or even update an app on my phone it asks me to verify my billing info in a box asking for my Apple ID password and it says cancel or continue and if i put in my password and give my card info it declines my card, everyone one of them when there's money on them, and then if I put it to none it's a constant loops also no matter how many times I've tried, I've restarted my phone, force closed the AppStore, went from WiFi to data and date to WiFi, I even logged out my iTunes and logged back in, nothing works please help. Thank you

    submitted by /u/myballs696969
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Admin Account Gone After Update

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello guys. I need your help. A couple years back I created a hidden Administrator account on my iMac Mid 2010 by following a set of instructions I found online that required the use of Terminal. I've been using that account ever since and all my info was stored into that account. Just recently, like two weeks ago, I updated my iMac from El Capitan to High Sierra. Once the update was done, I tried logging into my hidden Admin account. After many failed attempts, I decided to access the System Administrator. I found out that my hidden Admin account had been deleted. Or at least it seems that way. I cannot find it at all. Even though it was hidden, I could still see that it existed in the Users folder before the update. Now, it's gone. Why and how did this happen? I've done updates before from the hidden Admin account and this has never happened. When I check the storage capacity on my iMac, it reports the same amount of storage remaining. It's almost as if the hidden Admin account had not been deleted. Any help would be useful. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SoHereIGoAgain
    [link] [comments]

    Photo albums not showing up on iMac after hd crash

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:48 PM PDT

    My iMac hd crashed and I started from new. The only thing missing is all of my albums in photos. The albums are still on all of my devices, but not on the iMac. It does have shared folders though. How do I get them to show back up.

    submitted by /u/mclayborn79
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to Downgrade from HS to Sierra and keep data?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:47 PM PDT

    I want to downgrade my MacBookPro7,1 from High Sierra to 10.12 after hearing that Sierra was faster. I have a problem with this though. How can I keep my Data? I already have a Time Machine backup in case anything goes wrong.

    EDIT: MacBookPro7,1 instead of MacBook7,1

    submitted by /u/MrDarkwraith
    [link] [comments]

    Mid-2012 MPB 13” was just factory reset, but now stuck on startup

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:39 PM PDT

    Hello all I am posting here to find a possible solution before I take it to the repair store tomorrow.

    I have a MPB mid-2012 13" running High Sierra. i7 running at 2.50GHz

    A few years ago (2016) I had the cable to my HDD replaced free of charge by my university because of slow performance. Honestly I didn't notice much difference.

    I recently reset it to factory settings and it was running fine.

    However I turned it off for the first time since resetting and now upon startup I have had the following issues.

    • unable to type in password
    • typed in password, but stuck on startup loading bar for 10+ minutes
    • progressed past loading bar, stuck on gray screen with mouse visible for 10+ minutes

    I reset the NVRAM and ran a hardware test, no issues found.

    Any help is appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/spcfnk
    [link] [comments]

    getting AddressBookUrlForwarder errors on facebook. how can I remove?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:34 PM PDT

    it's happening on safari and Firefox. I've deleted anything/everything I can find hoping to get this popup error out of here but I can't. please help, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Carl_Gordon_Jenkins
    [link] [comments]

    Switching iTunes Store from UK to US

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I would like to download Avengers: Infinity War on iTunes however it is not released in the UK until August 20th. It is however available in the US I believe.

    Would it be possible to switch my iTunes over to the US Store, download it, and then switch back? Would there be any negative repercussions for this?

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/ItsMeRonanT
    [link] [comments]

    Apps not downloading

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:18 AM PDT

    Apps either won't download or CRAWL like less than 1mbps what is happening. I have reset my settings. Tried both WiFi and LTE to no avail

    submitted by /u/Aver3
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I have 22.22GB when I haven't changed any of my apps?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:55 PM PDT

    I used to have 16GB, but then I checked the amount of storage I have and found out I now have 22GB. I don't understand the change since I haven't changed any of my apps. I did download a bunch of songs, but the GB didn't even change. I don't have a lot pictures. So why do I have so much GB taken up now?

    submitted by /u/MeLloNXD
    [link] [comments]

    MBP i7-8850H 2.6GHz Thermals

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:49 PM PDT

    For context, I just bought the £2699 (student discount thought) i7-8850H 2.6GHz, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD with the 560 GPU?

    I got home and partially set it up, even after reading the horrible stories with the i9 thermal throttles. I got the i7 because of thermal issues, I waited until Apple realised a patch (10.13.6 supplementary update) and yet, the thermals are still awful.

    Even on idle, doing nothing the Mac heats up to a bearable but discomforting temperature.

    Anyone else?

    If it doesn't get sorted, prob gonna send it back.

    submitted by /u/Shwillybum
    [link] [comments]

    Intrested in buying the new ipad 218

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    I have the galaxy Tab a and was thinking about buying an ipad since Samsung and everyone else lost in the tablet area what are some pros and cons of the new ipad thanks

    submitted by /u/_solomon_The_Great_
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2016 15" Speaker Died

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 02:43 AM PDT

    I've had my 2016 MPB since Dec. 2016 and it worked well since then. The keyboard sometimes get sticky and then sorts itself it out (or I get used to it).

    Unfortunately, the left speaker made the dreaded crackling sound (as if the speaker had DC voltage applied to it) last night when waking up from sleep. The high frequencies are now muted. I can get it back if i plugin in my headphones and then take them out. The speaker works fine then if the volume is below 70%.

    If I push the volume, it cuts out again. I don't have Apple Care. Does Apple replace speakers once they replace the keyboard? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/MachineVision
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods don’t connect.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 07:53 AM PDT

    My left airpod refuses to connect to Bluetooth. I've been using just my right airpod for the past week. I've tried everything from holding the button on the back (which it never turns amber) to restarting my phone, disconnecting the airpods and reconnecting, and letting them die and charging them up again. Nothing seems to work. Anyone had any success? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/eme2020
    [link] [comments]

    Siri problems?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:42 AM PDT

    Anybody else's Siri barley work? She will not pick up my voice. I have tried every reset in the book. Even when I restored my phone, it didn't work. I went to the Apple store and somehow it ended up working. I can still do audio recordings and have my music sound great. Weirdly, when I use the Google Assistant app, it recognizes my voice instantly and understands everything I say .Any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/shane1333
    [link] [comments]

    Clock and Weather apps have disappeared into a single Reference app on my iPhone -- help!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 01:13 PM PDT

    I'm not sure how this happened, but whereas I previously had two separate Clock and Weather apps on my iPhone, I now have a single icon for a "Reference" app, and if I click that I can then select either the Clock app or Weather app. The icons for the Clock and Weather apps have disappeared from their usual places. This is rather annoying -- is there any way to put it back how it was? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/promisedjoy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel