• Breaking News

    Friday, May 4, 2018

    Apple Help Time Capsule backups extremely slow. I've tried all of the tricks I know.

    Apple Help Time Capsule backups extremely slow. I've tried all of the tricks I know.


    Time Capsule backups extremely slow. I've tried all of the tricks I know.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 04:53 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit! I'm hoping someone here can help me. For the last month or so my backups to the Time Capsule have become very slow. It used to move around 2-3 MB/s when I was backing up, but now a 200MB backup can take HOURS, even over an ethernet connection. I've tried restarting everything, booting to safe mode, verifying the backup, creating a new backup, disabled low CPU priority in terminal, and it still crawls compared to what it used to do. I noticed it usually will get the first 100 or so MB done really quickly, and then take forever to finish the rest. So I'm wondering, is there some large file that it's struggling with? Like, it goes quickly until it runs into that and then slows? I also thought the drive could be failing, but apparently the system checks for that when I restart it. I really don't know what to do next.

    I have a MacBook Air with a SSD running 10.13.4, the TC is on the latest firmware as well.

    I really appreciate any input y'all can give.

    submitted by /u/t_bracelin
    [link] [comments]

    How do I sign back in to Apple Music after my account was suspended?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:59 PM PDT

    I didn't have the money in my card for my account and the subscription ended itself. Now I cannot figure out how to sign back in or renew my subscription.

    All I am being prompted to do is sign up for a new account, and that is not working because it says my email is already in use.

    So How do I get apple music back? Thank you. I'm on a MacBook

    submitted by /u/pulplesspulp
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my refurbished ipad still associated with another apple id?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:22 PM PDT

    I just purchased a refurbished ipad, and when I tried to turn on "auto download' books, it says that this device is still associated with another apple id.

    I bought this from game stop, so I'm assuming this isn't a device that was stolen or something, so how can I remove the link between my device and its previous apple id?

    submitted by /u/killerofpain
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How can I install iTunes on a second hard drive in my computer.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:53 PM PDT

    I have Windows installed on an SSD. I want to install iTunes on my larger internal HD. How can I do this?

    submitted by /u/evanator_
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Safari Split Screen Zoom Out

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:48 PM PDT

    How to increase background volume while in a call?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:47 PM PDT

    Hi I have an Iphone SE and am constantly in a voice call on discord or mumble. The problem is music played in the background is limited to like 5% and its way too quiet to hear. This thread was looking for the same thing 3 years ago without a fix.

    I've googled a bunch without any luck, hopefully someone here knows!

    submitted by /u/willvary
    [link] [comments]

    Help! iPhone Upgrade Plan and T-Mobile Stuck

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:39 PM PDT

    Hoping someone who has dealt with this as an Apple employee might be able to offer a workaround...

    I am currently a T-Mobile Business Plan customer who purchased an iPhone 6s Plus through the iPhone Upgrade Plan prior to signing up for a T-Mobile Business Plan. I then added an iPhone*** ***6 Plus I already owned to my T-Mobile plan as a second line.

    I went into the Apple store to replace the iPhone 6 Plus with an iPhone X through the Apple Upgrade Plan and was told I couldn't participate as a T-Mobile Business Plan customer.

    Any way to work around this, or am I forced to pay in full or purchase through T-Mobile? I'm eligible to upgrade my iPhone 6s Plus through Apple. Will they even let me do that?

    I just want to finance my phones through Apple. Can that really not happen just because of my carrier and plan type?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Napunome
    [link] [comments]

    Display crashes when login appears but works with external monitor and in safe mode.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 04:28 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15" running 10.13.4. I've reset the SMC, NVRAM, run disk utility, formatted/reinstalled, and opened it up to reseat the display and battery connections. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/jamesrattlesnakes
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I need help with my iPhone 5s

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:03 PM PDT

    It has laid, without being able to turn on for months. Suddenly, it turns on and the apple logo remains bright, and then almost a second and a half later it stops again. This is the cycle whenever it's plugged in. Please help me find how to charge it right and or how to turn in on.

    submitted by /u/SpyderN
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to download an iCloud backup to my PC?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    The port on my old iPad 3 is broken and I can't make a normal iTunes backup. I can, however, make an iCloud backup. I'd like to download my iCloud backup to my PC so I can put it on a thumb drive. Is there anyway to do this?

    submitted by /u/DreadLord64
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How can I transfer my iPhone backup from iTunes on my Macbook to iTunes on my PC?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 05:58 PM PDT

    iPhone not charging

    Posted: 04 May 2018 05:47 PM PDT

    It does charge when turned off and recognizes the cable, clearly, because it tries to turn on the moment I plug it in with any cable or usb wall charger- but due to the dumb way apple does things, it then immediately ceases to recognize any cable or any device it's plugged into.

    Bad battery?

    submitted by /u/wild-tangent
    [link] [comments]

    Target Display Mode + Screen Share

    Posted: 04 May 2018 01:46 PM PDT

    Hello, first post here.

    I have an iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) running high sierra 10.13.4

    and a MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012) running high sierra 10.13.4

    my issue is that usually when im at work, I plug both devices into each other via thunderbolt cable, then activate target display mode (command F2), then I open a finder window and scroll down to the shared tab and click on my iMac and click the Share Screen, usually this works fine, but lately pressing that button causes my iMac to shut down immediately, with no error message upon reboot. If I don't hit the share screen button, it works for a little while, but then it still shuts down. I can share screens just fine when not in TDM.

    submitted by /u/Beef__Curtain
    [link] [comments]

    Music stops playing after exiting out of the app

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I have an iPhone 7 that I bought about a year and a half ago. Recently I started listening to music on it. Whenever I listen to it with speakers or earbuds on YouTube and Safari it doesn't let me listen to music once I click on the home button to switch to different apps. When I swipe up to turn it on, it doesn't give me the option to.

    My brother had the same exact phone with my same update and it allows him to do it. Is it a problem with my phone or am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/niceblueshades
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID Verification failed on initial phone set up

    Posted: 04 May 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    Just got an iPhone X that I'm trying to set up. I restored a back up from my old iphone 6 using itunes. I then try to continue set up and it asks me to log in using my apple ID. Verification keeps failing. I logged out of my apple ID on my old phone thinking that might help. It didn't do anything. And since I can't access any of the settings or anything, I was trapped in this set up mode. After some initial googling, I decided to try putting my phone in recovery mode (using this method). It's been installing for awhile now, and it's maybe a third of the way through. I don't know if it is stuck or just taking forever but it doesn't look like the progress bar is moving at all. And I can't use my phone to call support because it isn't functioning.

    submitted by /u/ChillAuto
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the point of Guided Access in Accessibitliy Settings?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 03:46 PM PDT

    Its in Settings>General>Accessibility>Scroll Down to "Guided Access" under Learning.

    Is it supposed to help you focus on a single app?

    submitted by /u/powershell_account
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a screen glitch on my 2016 MBP, is it going to fail? Or is something causing it? Has anyone else seen this? (pic in comments)

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:36 AM PDT

    2016 (2.8 i7, 16GB RAM, Iris Pro 1536, 1TB SSD) MBP, bought new from Apple less than a year ago. Connected to 27" Apple TB Display and 20" Apple Cinema Display and two WD MyBooks. I'm a graphic designer, use the full Adobe CC Suite all day. Sometimes the monitors get stuck like this for a few seconds, sometimes they all flash like this for half a second. I've noticed that switching tools in Photoshop can sometimes trigger it. Any ideas? Is something going to fail? Should I take it in? Or is it because I have 2 externals connected? Thanks! Here's what it looks like.

    submitted by /u/AKA_Squanchy
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with AirPod pairing

    Posted: 04 May 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    I just bought AirPods yesterday. I used them today and towards the end of the day the left AirPod stopped connecting. It's not dead because I tried charging it for a while. The right worked fine. I tried forgetting this device and now I'm trying to repair them. I tried resetting my phone. They will not pair with any iPhone. I looked up this issue and I tried holding the pair button on the back of the AirPod case and it's supposed to flash white or amber. But when I open the case it's green like it's connected to something. And when I hold the pair button it's just solid white. Please someone help

    submitted by /u/SMOKINxxJOE
    [link] [comments]

    ipod Touch (6th gen), can connect to PC but won't charge

    Posted: 04 May 2018 11:15 AM PDT

    I've had an Ipod Touch (6th Gen) for about a year and 2 months now. Recently, it's had some charging problems when connecting to my PC. I can connect it to my computer, and my PC and iTunes has no issues detecting the device. I can transfer and delete songs on the Ipod without any issues. But for whatever reason, it won't charge when connected to the PC. It has no issues charging when connected to an electrical outlet. Not sure how to go about fixing it. Is there an option under iTunes that I'm overlooking that doesn't permit it to charge while connected? Also, it used to charge, and a few weeks ago, this started happening. Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/tommybare
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple imacs in studio need replacement hard drives at the same time, is this strange?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 03:31 AM PDT

    Having issues with three seperate imacs in our studio where the operating system is grinding slowly to a halt on each machine.

    Two of which have had their hard drives replaced and upgraded to solid state drives. They are now running but not being used, for now.

    I just find it fishy that three computers would need HD replacements all at the same time, could this potentially be a server issue as apposed to a hardware one? If anyone out there has had a similar problem or knows if it's an unlucky coincidence or not please let me know.

    Imac info: 27 inch, late 2012 3.2Ghz Inter Core i5 16GB Memory 1TB SATA Disk

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/lawrencespratt
    [link] [comments]

    Apps question

    Posted: 04 May 2018 07:14 AM PDT

    Hi, is there a way to force app to work only when it is on the sreen? Like to have messenger only working when we are using it and not in the background.

    submitted by /u/Skeeper4g
    [link] [comments]

    Helps: trying to recover photos from iPhone without any backups

    Posted: 04 May 2018 01:28 PM PDT

    Long story short, my gf fucked up and got everything on her iphone deleted while trying to get out of a bootloop. She doesn't have any backups of the stuff on her phone - neither on itunes, icloud, or any 3rd party apps. There's probably a year's worth of cherished memories on there, gone. Dumb, I know.

    Now I'm looking for a way to recover them the way one might do with a conventional disk. I've tried official channels, but to no avail.

    I'm wondering whether it's possible to, maybe through jailbreaking, make the phone appear as a regular disk on my computer, and then to run a regular recovery software on it.

    Speaking of which, it's running 11.3.1 - is there a jailbreak for this?

    submitted by /u/vanbing
    [link] [comments]

    Setup assistant not appearing

    Posted: 04 May 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    After removing the .AppleSetupDone file, through the single user boot mode, my macbook pro(mid-2012) gets stuck at a grey screen, it's not a boot problem, as i earlier had filevault on, so i had to log-in first, but even after removing filevault, the screen is stuck at a dark grey screen, the mouse is visible, the screen brightness icon appears too if the keys are pressed, but the setup assistant won't appear, I've also waited for it to appear for around 2 hours once. (posted again-from r/mac -the replies to the earlier post did not solve the problem)

    edit-added the link

    submitted by /u/mightypaper
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change my username as it appears in Finder?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/Jjft0oE.png

    'j' was my username, but I updated it in System Preferences > Users and Groups

    But it's not updated in Finder. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/iSunMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook would you choose?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 12:00 PM PDT

    I'm looking to buy a refurbished MacBook. Mostly as a personal use laptop, may use for grad school down the line. I've never had an apple computer before so I'm a bit unsure of what would be a better fit

    I'm between the MacBook Pro Originally released October 2016 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD1 Intel Iris Graphics 540 Price: $1,270 Or MacBook 12 inch Originally released June 2017 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display; 2304-by-1440 resolution at 226 pixels per inch 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1 480p FaceTime camera Intel HD Graphics 615 Price: $1174

    submitted by /u/pastasidez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel