• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 27, 2018

    iPhone What is "System" and why is it taking up half of my iPhone storage?

    iPhone What is "System" and why is it taking up half of my iPhone storage?


    What is "System" and why is it taking up half of my iPhone storage?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:15 PM PST

    I have an old iPhone 6/64gb that runs well. I'm only using 19gb.... yet over HALF of my internal storage - 28.8gb - is taken up by System. Because of System, iPhone Storage says that I'm using about 50gb and almost maxed out of my phone when I can't really hold anything in it.

    For context, I have 15gb of music and 7gb of photos. Everything else, including messages, is less than one gb. I don't use it for much, but I'd like to not have to worry.

    I'm familiar with a similar bug happening with the even older 16g iPhones that rendered that storage capacity near obsolete. Why is that already happening with 64g? What can I do? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/madobsidian
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 charging issue

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:09 PM PST

    I've had battery issues for a while now and my charge goes from 100 to flat in 4-5 hours. I've been charging it mostly through my Mac but I didn't charge for a day. I tried charging in the morning and it won't work. Pls help

    submitted by /u/yourmom100
    [link] [comments]

    Phone freaks out when there’s no audio.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 12:04 AM PST

    I was hoping someone could shed some light on this really annoying issue I've been having with my iPhone 7.

    So yeah it doesn't have an aux cord which is fine. I have an adapter that allows me to listen to music and charge it simultaneously. I bought it at the Apple store.

    Without fail, EVERY SINGLE TIME I plug my headphones into the adapter the volume FLIPS OUT and will not stop until I play something. So I can't have it plugged in and not listen to anything or else I get the headphone volume icon overlay (banner?) across my screen constantly adjusting volume.

    Another issue I've been having is when my headphones are plugged in and nothing's playing, 80% of the time it will automatically start playing music. It helps if I close Spotify but it sometimes starts playing from my iTunes library which I rarely open and starts playing from that.

    Any idea what could be wrong?

    submitted by /u/freex76
    [link] [comments]

    Password to Encrypted Backup Lost - Need to Recover Memories

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:58 PM PST

    Hi anyone/everyone,

    TLDR Version: My wife's iPhone backup contains a video we made on our wedding day to our future kids. We now have a one year old. We backed up her phone before a screen repair but the phone ended up blowing up during repair so only have the backup. But it was encrypted and none of the passwords are working. Help!

    So on our wedding day my wife and I recorded a video on her iPhone 5 to our future kids. We didn't use iCloud backup, only backed up to computer. A few months later her screen breaks. We're too cheap to take it to Apple so I take it to one of those third party screen repairs. Works great. All good. Then a few months later she drops it again, the screen breaks again but worse this time. The screen is coming off a bit so the inside is exposed. It's a bad look. I notice that the iPhone repair price is actually only 20 dollars more instead of the same shady place so I go to Apple. They refuse to service it because it has third party parts now. We fight and I convince them to repair it. They find the battery was being pinched by the new screen and during the repair the phone explodes! They hate me. So phone is gone.

    But that's okay because we have the iTunes backup right? There's an option to encrypt a backup and we chose it because that way email settings transfer over (if you don't encrypt settings don't transfer). This backup happens months before the explosion above. So by the time we try to recover it, we have long forgotten the encrypted password we chose.

    As for password- not sure how long password is but I assume less than 10 digits (I know the longer the password the harder the brute force attack is).

    Any advice would be appreciated. Needless to say this would be a very important file to recover. If you're able to help I'll take any steps to prove that I own the phone.

    submitted by /u/andisthisonetaken
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 - Cant restore, Fails to update, Stuck recovery mode - Error code (-1) ?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:21 PM PST

    Google couldnt help me this time.

    Restoring in DFU mode and force restart wont work Is the error code an actual hardware problem that cant be fixed?

    Have no warranty left and no apple stores nearby

    submitted by /u/SimplexS4
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 stuck on apple screen

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 04:50 PM PST

    Today my friend sent me the character that closes your apps and disables your phone. This happened around 10 o'clock today, and my phone is still disabled. It's been stuck on the apple screen for several hours and I have no clue how to fix it. I've tried hard resetting my phone, but after it resets it just goes back to the apple screen and sticks there. I also plugged my phone into my computer to see if I could fix it through the iTunes app on my laptop, but it said I needed to input my passcode in order to do anything, which I obviously can't do. If anyone has the same problem or knows how to fix this, please let me know, it has been a huge burden for me.

    submitted by /u/TangoZombie
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 5s no longer letting me use personal hotspot

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 03:42 PM PST

    not sure how to explain other than that. i was able to use it before, but recently i cant. granted it was a while before i used it again(like months), so i dont know what would have changed in that time.

    now when i try to use it it has that loading wheel for a real long time before it eventually gives the option to set up my hotspot, which i never needed to do before.

    worse still is even that doesnt work, going to the website link provided leads me to a regular home page where i cant find any option for hotspots, while the phone number tells me to "go to personal hotspot and choose set up", which leads into a loop at that point.

    submitted by /u/arc_ray00
    [link] [comments]

    Help with iphone 7+ stuck in apple logo icon after receiving message with that glitch character

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 02:20 PM PST

    I decided to make a bad joke and send the character via Watsappto a friend, the phone screen went black with the rotating loading thing in the center and became unresponsive. I used the force reboot method (pressing volume up, down, then holding the power button) and now it's stuck in the apple logo screen.

    He does not have any backups made with itunes because he recently reinstalled windows and deleted most of the things.

    I have tried every backup sofware on the internet but all of them say that the phone needs to trust this computer, I can't access the screen in order to input the password or press the trust button. How can I recover the data on the phone ?

    I now have the guy's phone because I promised to fix it and I don't want to erase all of the stuff this guy has on his phone.

    submitted by /u/fantamadn355
    [link] [comments]

    Moving photos off phone to cloud...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:19 PM PST

    I have 15.6 of 16 GB open on my iPhone and 2.2 of 5 GB open on my iCloud. How do I move photos on my iPhone to my iCloud to free up space on my phone?

    submitted by /u/wineandheels
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7- died at 19%, plugged in and shows that its plugged in, but not turning back on.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:07 PM PST

    My iPhone 7 died at 19% today. I plugged it into the charger, and the charged image disappeared from the bottom, indicating that it was plugged in.

    That was 3 hours ago...it has turned back on twice, just to die again on the lock screen.

    I have cleaned out the lightning port and tried multiple chargers and cords (all of which successfully charge my iPad).

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/cbustrees
    [link] [comments]

    Need to Reset Security Questions

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:07 PM PST

    My stepdaughter is 14 and her mom bought her a phone and setup her iCloud probably 6 years ago now when she was 8. She's used this account for that entire time. She messed up entering her password the other day and fortunately, we had updated the recovery email to my husbands and didn't realize it. Issue is her mom setup this account. The email is my stepdaughters name but security questions are info about her mom. Unfortunately, her mom passed away suddenly in 2015. So we can't just ask her. We thought recovery email was her mom's too until we tried the email option, and it sent my husband the email. So we were able to change password and she can get on. But think we need these questions changes since we have called family and tried every option and now are just locked out from answering the questions or changing them.

    Basically after stepdaughter was locked out she did this-

    1. Tried unsuccessfully answering mom's security questions. Tried mom birthday and it gets us to next screen so she/we know answers have to be moms. Daughter's birthday didn't work (probably would've flagged her as too young when signing up).
    2. Sent email for recovery-that got her back in iCloud. All good there.
    3. Tried once signed in, to change questions, it says "not enough information provided to change security questions at this time."

    I guess she's fine now but in future, may need these and easier to just change answers to her info or ours. I don't know if it's even possible at this point. I know they are taking security seriously, which I appreciate but any idea on what to do. I mean we can prove Mom passed and we are the legal guardians of her. Seems extreme but I know she doesn't want to lose this account. An odd situation.

    Wrote down these things and keep in a safe if something happens to you. This is one of many issues we experienced (this one being least relevant to life) when someone dies with all the info of their child or whomever. Frustrating.

    I know I can call. Asking here just to get an idea if there is anything else I can do before that or what process is in this situation.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Cyndarely
    [link] [comments]

    How do I access deleted sms text messages a month after deleting them with no back ups

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:29 AM PST

    I had an important message in my phone and I didn't back my phone up or save to the iCloud because I forgot my password and at the time wasn't all there in my head. I'd had surgery earlier and it was as if my mind had been wiped clean. I'm still having troubles with my memory and I need to see what My friend send me...how can I do this? I accidentally downloaded phone recovery to my Mac and I need to know if there's something bad that will affect the laptop as well.

    Thank you for your help.

    The previous back up was before the new year

    submitted by /u/PsyOpserator4484
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s stuck on apple logo

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 03:20 AM PST

    My mate sent me the tengi character and then my phone froze and glitched out. Its now stuck in the apple logo and continually (when connected to my laptop) makes the connection sound. I have tried to factory reset it and it doesnt work HELP!

    submitted by /u/Sk1ller140
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6+ won’t stay on network

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 04:28 AM PST

    I have restarted, taken out the SIM card and put it back in (which works briefly), made sure everything was up to date, and reset network settings. I know it's not the carrier because when I take the SIM card out and put it back in it comes back for a little while. Is there anything else I can do?

    submitted by /u/sydster89
    [link] [comments]

    Cracked screen with red and blue lines

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:30 AM PST

    So I have an iPhone SE, a few months ago, I had a panic attack and woke up to a cracked screen the next morning. As in, "screen cracked, but everything above the two notches on the sides is literally exposed to the elements"-cracked. Obviously not good, but I managed. So a few months later, I noticed my screen stopped being responsive, usually preceded by the screen getting "twitchy". It would start moving as if I'm using my thumb to reposition it, or I'd have a fight with my keyboard and it pushing buttons I didn't push (I believe that's known as "ghost touches"), like literally spamming words in the <insert name of whatever the top three boxes over the keyboard are that try to predict your next word, I know the name but I just blanked> area, then sending them if I didn't turn the screen off fast enough. Literally the phone would behave possessed, like whatever FBI Agent was looking through it (lol) was having a little fun while he was there. Then it would stop working, and because my wallpaper is black, I could see faint blinking blue and red vertical lines in the background, and as long as those lines appear, I can't touch anything on the screen. Sometimes they're faint, sometimes they're quite noticeable, but either way, red and blue lines = you can't use your phone if it involves touching the screen.

    So there's the unresponsive touch sensors. If anything, I'm guessing they're damaged, or dust, dirt, etc. has gotten somewhere it shouldn't be due to the gaping hole in my phone's head, and is causing interference. The phone works just fine otherwise, but the screen can become unresponsive for anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. I've tried to see if there's some pattern or trigger that causes it to do this (using it too much, the screen being on too much I.e, watching a movie, the phone's temperature, if it's charging, etc.) but it appears to be completely random, and when the screen is malfunctioning, there's nothing to do but wait it out, as no amount of hard resets will clear it up. Mind you, this has been going on since July, so I'm amazed it hasn't, knock on wood, failed completely yet, but I am aware it's on borrowed time.

    But getting it fixed is out of the question currently, just because I can't afford to, simple as that. I'm also overseas and have no idea where the closest Apple Store even is, assuming they'd even fix it, as I'm fairly certain screen damage isn't covered by any warranty. So while I have this poor zombie phone, first of all, can anyone shed any light on just what's going on with the screen that causes all of this? Because either way, it is fascinating. And is there anything, whatsoever, that I can do to at least lessen the amount of times my screen does this (I'm prepared for a no, because obviously there's hardware damage and obviously the best solution is "get your screen fixed or get a new phone", but that costs money, so...) so I can have a working-ish phone?

    submitted by /u/shurasokoris
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel