• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 27, 2018

    Apple Help Every time I play Spotify music, the current song sometimes just pauses. How do I stop this random occurrence from happening? (8)

    Apple Help Every time I play Spotify music, the current song sometimes just pauses. How do I stop this random occurrence from happening? (8)


    Every time I play Spotify music, the current song sometimes just pauses. How do I stop this random occurrence from happening? (8)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:54 PM PST

    Pretty much the title. My phone just pauses and it's really starting to piss me off. Anyways to check how to stop this.

    submitted by /u/dfndndj
    [link] [comments]

    The News app isn't showing up on my iPhone X.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 09:31 PM PST

    I'm in Canada and have an iPhone X running 11.2.6. I deleted the Apple News app a while ago but now when I try to redownload it, it doesn't show up in the app store. I am able to add the widget though. If I change my region to US it shows up, but then when I switch back to Canada, it's gone. Any ideas?? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/luccampbell
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Discussions Site Access Denied

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 09:13 PM PST

    Trying to navigate to discussions.apple.com results in "Access Denied

    You don't have permission to access "http://discussions.apple.com/" on this server. Reference #18.3ba75b68.1519794650.5d5dce8"

    submitted by /u/RustyHandgun
    [link] [comments]

    How request alternative route in Apple Maps?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:37 PM PST

    How do you request an alternative route when the first one suggested by Maps is impossible because of roadworks?

    (Via CarPlay)

    submitted by /u/buyBitc0in
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2011 MacBook Pro Won’t Turn On

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 08:34 PM PST

    The other day my wife told me her MacBook wasn't charging, it was plugged in but wouldn't charge. Eventually, she used it off the charger to where it was almost dead, then while troubleshooting it this afternoon it died and I can't get it to come back on.

    The MagSafe charger used to light up, but since this problem has started, the charger shows no light on it at all. I've tried resetting a couple things, holding down the power button for 10 seconds, etc, and none of that works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bowlermicah
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping the battery healthy?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 12:53 PM PST

    I'm kinda new to the whole Reddit thing and I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question:

    I've been looking around for quite some time on internet now for the best way to keep your (lithium ion) battery healthy

    Should I drain it to 0% and 100% every time? (So the battery 'knows' it's full and empty position so it doesn't shut off midway?)

    Should I let it be charged to 100% all day? (So it'll have less cycles) Only from 20% to 80%? (So there is less stress on the battery?)

    Everyone is saying something different. I'd like a clear answer please because (ofcourse) I want the battery to last as long as possible and since I use my phone multiple hours a day (8 or even more) it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Klatty
    [link] [comments]

    Big pairing problem

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 08:11 PM PST

    So yesterday I backup my iPhone 5s to iTunes, made a factory reset and then I went to restore it. It all went well, but then the disconnected phone icon appeared on my watch. I tried to restart both devices, restart Bluetooth, then I unpaired the watch in watch settings in iPhone. Id love to know how to reconnect it again without losing anything (workout etc) I've looked in few places, but everyone points to a factory reset of a watch and I'm really concerned about losing my data :( Help please

    submitted by /u/patt679
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook requiring USB or Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse after booting

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 08:05 PM PST

    Hello! I have a Late 2009 13 inch MacBook with High Sierra. Not all the time, but so far twice I've gotten this screen (see photo) immediately after booting. The keyboard is fully functional, and so is the trackpad. Connecting a keyboard and mouse allow me to get to the desktop, but the MacBook keyboard and trackpad won't work. Rebooting fixes it, I just would like to know what is causing it or how I could prevent it again. Thank you![Screen photo](https://imgur.com/a/6GbnQ)

    submitted by /u/matt_cb
    [link] [comments]

    2012 MacBook Pro screen turns on, then black, then stays on

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:39 PM PST

    First things first: this started happening after my MacBook took a small (about two foot) fall off of a coffee table.

    When I open the screen of my 2012 MacBook Pro, the screen turns on, showing the user with the password prompt, then goes black, and then the keyboard backlight turns on and the screen turns back on.

    After turning off the first time, it doesn't do so again until the lid is shut and the laptop is in my bag for a while. The laptop still works as usual after the screen comes back on.

    Is there some kind of loose connection that would have caused this, or perhaps something with the lid sensor?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/geroge314
    [link] [comments]

    "File in Use" copying error

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:09 PM PST

    I am trying to copy files from one external hard drive to another through my MacBook Pro operating the latest OS High Sierra. I have never had an issue until trying with this new external hard drive. It's a 4TB WD; I have a 2TB WD external that I have had no issues with.

    Now, whenever I attempt to copy a file, from any folder, it initiates the transfer before popping up a a "file in use" error.

    The solutions on the internet I have tried: - changing "view options" in Finder - checking permissions for all relevant folders - restarting computer - reformatting external hard drive - checking if certain files are running through Terminal and Activity Monitor

    So far, nothing has worked. I would appreciate any help y'all might be able to provide. This was supposed to be a gift for my niece's 18th birthday, but I'm unsure if I'll find a workaround in time.

    Thank you again!

    submitted by /u/JonesMcFiend
    [link] [comments]

    trying to turn off 2fa

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:00 PM PST

    im trying to turn off 2 factor authentication via the email apple sent me but when I try to click "turn off 2fa" it gives me this message "We apologize but we are unable to verify the link you are using to access this page." any help is appreciated (I've tried opening the link in safari, chrome and Firefox).

    submitted by /u/Sabots12
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot passcode for iPhone 5s

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:15 PM PST

    I haven't used my old iphone in about a year and I'm really curious to see my old pictures, however, I forgot my passcode!!! Does anyone know how I can even access them without the passcode or is it impossible :(

    submitted by /u/shittyy_throwawayy
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook only starts up to battery symbol.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:06 PM PST

    Hey all. I am currently working on a MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016) and when I try to start it up all that comes up is a battery symbol in the middle of the screen. It's charged to 100% and it shows that but that is all it does.

    Any help is greatly appreciated. I have an image but it won't really help. It's just a green battery what shows 100% underneath.

    submitted by /u/gnomey
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2016 Mac Keyboard applecare defect

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 05:00 PM PST

    I was at the genius bar and was told that anything outside of stickey keys such as a single loose key is considered "accidental damage " and not covered under applecare plus requires a full keyboard replacement at 695+100 labor =795 total.

    Is this common ? I see this keyboard commonly has issues with folks replacing the keyboard (up to 9 times in the following post) , are they actually paying 795 a pop per replacement?

    Is there way I can escalate this if they consider it not covered under applecare?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/6mtaou/my_macbook_pro_2016_story_keyboard_issues/

    submitted by /u/maxToTheJ
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Keyboard Problem

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 04:26 PM PST

    I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" with touch bar and I've been experiencing a problem lately. Everytime I press my space bar, there's a chance it will double press and create two spaces. It doesn't happen every time but happens quite often that it's annoying. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

    submitted by /u/Nosna_Anson
    [link] [comments]

    Does the iPhone accepts a m/m 3.5mm as a microphone?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 04:23 PM PST

    Hello.

    I'm involved in a project where I'll need to record the headphone output of a stereo. The easiest solution, I think, would be using a m/m 3.5mm cable, both on the output and using my iPhone (which I don't currently own, but that's another story) as the input, and record it.

    Does anyone know if this is possible and doable?

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/liveinlivingcolor
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook isn't charging

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:20 PM PST

    Whenever I go over my battery icon, it says:

    Battery Is Not Charging

    Power Source: Power Adapter

    I feel like this happens randomly. Sometimes I just need to unplug the adapter and plug it back in again, but sometimes not. I haven't been able to figure out what I'm supposed to do, and it's been bothering me for a while. Could I get some help?

    submitted by /u/InvisibleBurger
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Problems with work iPad Mini (running iOS 11.1.2)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:51 PM PST

    We have an iPad at work that doesn't really get used a lot compared to if it was a personal tablet (only when people sign up for memberships at our gym). I have tried everything to fix it. I can't get it to connect to the WiFi and I can't get it to update. We have tried everything (restarting, resetting, turning the wifi off, forgetting the network, and resetting the network settings). Nothing has worked so far and we really need it. I'm usually the one that fixes it but I don't use Apple so I'm out of tricks. Any ideas? it is about 5 years old. Do we need to get a new one?

    submitted by /u/yeagermeister34
    [link] [comments]

    2011 iMac 21.5” graphical artifacts

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:53 AM PST

    Recently my '11 iMac has started showing graphical artifacts on the screen (blinking squares in random locations). From my days of building PC I know this means that the graphics card is dying so my question is.... Is it worth it to save the computer (nothing else really wrong with it an used for basic computing)? ... Or should I invest in a new one?

    submitted by /u/mrcunnilingus
    [link] [comments]

    Diagnosis needed for 10 yo iMac with issues. Is it over?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:10 PM PST

    I could use a hand resolving my beloved iMac's (OSX 10.8.5) current state of affairs...

    My startup disk has been "almost full" for years. I go through and clean stuff out and then of course fill it back up again. But other than that, this machine has been an absolute workhorse and given me zero problems.

    Recently I was working on a demanding project, a hi-res digital collage, and crashed the system. When I went to reboot I got stuck on a grey startup screen with the Apple logo.

    Cue sad trumpets. I'm not super tech savvy but I'm also not super tech stupid either. I follow good advice and instructions really well and have a layperson's understanding on how my computer works. (This page has been so helpful.) Here is what I've done so far and where I am stuck:

    I can boot up in "safe mode." Once I was able to do that I was able to clear out over 40 gigs of stuff, run Disk Utility, and set the old girl up as a target disk to move crucial stuff over to another machine.

    Disk Utility tells me the volume "appears to be okay." That's good news right?

    Reboot after safe mode creates same original problem. Stuck on grey Apple logo startup screen.

    I do notice that the machine feels like it's running a fever. Nothing sounds different but maybe fan/overheating issues?

    Next level, I try to restore my OS in Recovery Mode to the Recovery HD volume. (Yes, I am trying EVERYTHING to avoid a complete wipe of my machine.) Can't do it. Recovery HD is locked and I have tried every which way to "enable journaling" but I have had no success... Is this because my startup disk is encrypted?

    The next step would seem to be to restore my OS to the main Macintosh HD which will completely unmake the little world I've built in this computer (applications, data, everything), correct?

    Everything important is backed up but I am still reluctant to make this step. Am I missing something? I have so many good signs: disk appears to be okay, safe mode works, I can see my little world in there!

    I know retirement is inevitable, and I should be grateful for a decade of great service. I just need to know that I tried everything before saying goodbye for good. I'm not one of those "early adapter" types, I like my things to last forever and fall out of fashion and behind the times.

    Other than brainstorming other routes to a successful reboot, I'm also wondering what forms retirement might take? Seems like a good idea to take her offline since the I've maxed out the OS and it is increasingly insecure. What do you do with your old beautiful machines?

    Thanks!

    TL;DR I can't boot up my computer and I am trying to avoid a complete OS reinstall. Need help.

    submitted by /u/etravelslight
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s remembers every Wifi I have connected to except for my main home Wifi.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:52 PM PST

    I have to log in every few days. Usually I don't catch until a few hours later, and I've been paying overages for using data. The only exception is that my home Wifi is a hidden network, but friends of mine and my roommate have no problems with auto connecting when they come over.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/Gladget
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Other Forms Passwords

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:50 PM PST

    Hi!

    I'm logged into Facebook and Instagram on my laptop, but I can't find my passwords for either in Keychain or in the Safari password list. The websites are listed under Other Forms which you can only edit but not select to view the passwords. Anything I can do instead of resetting them??

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CFantis
    [link] [comments]

    I completely lost my appleID. How can I fully reset my macbook?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:30 PM PST

    I forgot my apple id account. Not only that, but it used two factor authentication with both an old iphone that's now broken and a cell number I changed. Yes, I'm an idiot, and I've already come to terms with the fact that the apple ID is lost forever.

    Now, I want to clean my macbook completely and start from scratch with a new appleID. How should I proceed to do so safely? Is there any chance of "bricking" my mac due to it refusing to be erased without the apple id?

    I'm worried about Find My Mac or similar features screwing me.

    submitted by /u/kace91
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the default unzipping software?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:26 PM PST

    At work I constantly deal with zipped files. All zip files that are on my external HD cannot be unzipped with "archive utility", it gives an error "Error 13 - Permission denied".

    Okay so I instead use "stuffit Expander" which works fine. But when I try to change the default unzipping program by right clicking / open with / other / then select Stuffit Expander from the list of programs and check the "always open with" box. It has no effect on anything. After doing this if I right click a zip file it still shows "archive utility" as default.

    How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/SnakeFaceMcGavin
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2011 MacBook Pro 13” not charging but battery indicator works

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:01 PM PST

    Does the battery indicator work regardless of a logic board short. My laptop no longer charges at all. I get a battery indicator light showing my dead battery on the side but with chargers that I know work mine won't charge. I'm comfortable opening up my Mac and replacing the board if I need to but I just want to be sure that's the issue as I'm not a diagnostic expert

    submitted by /u/grillcheeseplz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel