• Breaking News

    Monday, January 29, 2018

    macOS Login/Login Lag

    macOS Login/Login Lag


    Login/Login Lag

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:50 AM PST

    I'm using a late 2015 iMac running High Sierra 10.13.3. Once logged in, the UI is very responsive, but once I try to switch users, go to the login window, logging back in, everything is painfully laggy. I've only been able to find a couple suggestions to fix but it's still slow, is this an issue for anyone else? Is there anything that can fix it?

    submitted by /u/_jlicea
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] How to recreate recovery partition on Mac

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:49 PM PST

    Hi! I mistakenly deleted the Mac's recovery partition of my Mac. Now if I turn it on, a folder with a question mark appears. I already tried to turn on my Mac while pressing "Alt" but my startup disk isn't showed. To be honest no partition is shown. How can I recreate the partition and make my Mac working again?!

    submitted by /u/iocomxda
    [link] [comments]

    About This Mac - Storage Incorrect

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 01:42 PM PST

    Can't boot into safe mode

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:16 PM PST

    Hi all

    I have a MacBook Air which after a failed OS upgrade last night is not booting. It will boot to the user login screen and I can input my password but after that I get some BSD errors about a kernel panic and the OS version not being set etc. then I get bounced back to the login screen.

    I'm not certain how to resolve this but I figured booting into safe mode would be a good start as I might be able to clear some space and try the upgrade again.

    However! I cannot for the life of me boot into safe mode. Holding 'shift' at boot is totally ignored and lands me on the login page. I can boot into recoveyr mode and pull up a terminal and set the boot mode to 'x' but this also does not help and on reboot lands me back at the user login page.

    Does any one have any ideas?

    Thanks!

    edit: nvm I managed turn on verbose logging for start up, I can see that the -x flag has been set and I can see plenty of 'safemode' and 'error', so whatever the issue is it's not something safe mode can help. I suspect this was all caused by (kernel) updating without enough free disk space but I wouldn't have thought that possible.

    submitted by /u/a_wild_thing
    [link] [comments]

    Poor window manager performance

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:46 AM PST

    On my macbook the UI performance is frustratingly poor. When I have multiple desktops open and swipe between them with 3-fingers, the framerate is an erratic 3-15 fps (not very smooth). Moving floating windows yields a not so nice 10fps.

    • MBP 15-inch Mid 2015
    • 2.2Ghz i7
    • 16GB Memory
    • Intel Iris Pro only (deviceId=0x0d26 revisionId=0x0008 VRAM=1536MB)

    My typical desktop is: fullscreen iTerm, Chrome, multiple fullscreens of VS Code and Spotify, mostly low cpu usage.

    I've tried:

    • Clean install of OSX
    • Display Scaling (the performance is marginally better on "Default", but still not great)
    1. Do other people have this problem? (even with dedicated GPUs ??)
    2. What can I do to improve the performance? (i would happily accept lower quality rendering/animations, or even no-vsync, if it ensured a smooth framerate)

    Thanks for any insight, tips or sympathy!

    submitted by /u/privatchocolatier
    [link] [comments]

    Can we take a second to talk about how unbelievably stupid the keychain access is?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:08 PM PST

    There is absolutely no reason why keychain access should be logging every damn password I type when I explicitly tell it not to. Can someone please explain why when I say "do not save password in keychain" (keep in mind apple is too retarded to give you the option to permanently disable it) it still goes and puts an entry for the password in keychain access? Seriously? I can't wrap my head around why they do this. And keychain doesn't just fuck with everything within the OS, it'll actually start saving passwords in applications that have absolutely nothing to do with the OS, like chrome, and it can cause all kinds of hell if you start deleting the passwords (which mind you, it shouldn't even be logging).

    So, on top of all the utter stupidity that is keychain access to begin with, it even shows you every password if you ask it to. Because apple seems to think it's a good idea to mix all the passwords and keys and certificates together, it's a complete mess. So, if someone were to grab your computer and figure out the password, you're fucked. They will have access to everything.

    Is there anyway to completely remove keychain access? Or at least access to keychain access? It's macOS so I'm sure there's absolutely nothing you can do. It's not like macOS has an actual registry editor or an analog to it...

    submitted by /u/guynamedbutcherpete
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel