• Breaking News

    Monday, January 29, 2018

    Apple In honor of the iPad’s 8th anniversary, one of its original software engineers shares 8 unique memories of the experience.

    Apple In honor of the iPad’s 8th anniversary, one of its original software engineers shares 8 unique memories of the experience.


    In honor of the iPad’s 8th anniversary, one of its original software engineers shares 8 unique memories of the experience.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 04:35 PM PST

    Is it just me or iMessages are still arriving out of order on iOS 11.2.5?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:21 AM PST

    The release notes for 11.2.5 say this has been fixed but this still happens on every device I have.

    submitted by /u/allegro_requiem
    [link] [comments]

    It's really annoying when you're playing a video with AirPlay then browse a site that happens to have a video and it switches airplay to that one.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 12:09 PM PST

    Please stop this Apple. It's super annoying. I use my iPhone to airplay to my tv. But I use my phone to browse the internet at the same time. If I happen to come across a video on a page I'm browsing iOS switches to that video for airplay! This is especially annoying if browsing Reddit!

    submitted by /u/harok1
    [link] [comments]

    KGI Shares Latest on 6.1-Inch iPhone, Next iPhone X and iPhone X Plus to Have 4GB of RAM and Two-Cell Batteries

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:57 AM PST

    How HomePod Works With Apple Music, iTunes Match, iCloud Music Library, AirPlay, and FLAC Files

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:31 AM PST

    Apple Needs to Bounce Back in Stability

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 04:29 PM PST

    There are just to many bugs with iOS recently. It's starting to feel like Android back when it was very unstable.

    I recently switched from a Google Pixel 2 XL to an iPhone X, and dare I say, the Pixel 2 XL was a much smoother experience? Which is very ironic to say.

    It took me 5 tries to buy extra storage for iCloud and family sharing is broken. So many bugs in iMessage and sharing media.

    It's just not the Apple way. Things have to change ASAP!

    submitted by /u/TheElderCouncil
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Why are apps like Things 3 so adamant on using their own proprietary sync service?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:11 PM PST

    When I clicked "Learn more" in the Things 3 sync preferences, I immediately knew something was up. The website I was redirected to kept on mentioning how amazing the syncing was, with all that chinzy 5 star reviews or whatever. I was almost certain that it wouldn't use iCloud syncing... and boy, was I right. It uses its own proprietary syncing. As does OmniFocus.

    Why are these apps so adamant on forcing users to use their syncing services? I am not going to let a third-party grab take hold of my to do lists. I really don't understand this.

    submitted by /u/TestFlightBeta
    [link] [comments]

    What’s on your (realistic) iOS 12 wishlist?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:08 AM PST

    How's Apple Maps on iOS these days?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:16 PM PST

    I remember a while back it had a pretty bad reputation. Has Apple Maps on iOS improved?

    submitted by /u/idccwthrow
    [link] [comments]

    LPT: If you can't find your iPhone, say, "Siri, where are you?"

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:36 PM PST

    Done it twice today

    submitted by /u/blackdynomitesnewbag
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone love to have Siri handle several languages at the same time?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:09 AM PST

    I live and work in the UK and all my Siri devices are in English, which is fine since they're my personal devices. But now I have ordered a HomePod, let say I have some friends coming from abroad who are more comfortable speaking another language. Wouldn't it be nice if they could talk to Siri in any of the languages she knows?

    I guess it's one of my wish with a European Apple account so each time I move country I don't have to open an Apple account to get access to the country's specific app...

    submitted by /u/bibiette
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro dust when lid is closed

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:24 PM PST

    Anyone know why dust appears even when the lid is closed on the Macbook Pro 2017? It has a rubber gasket around the edge and the ventilation is on the side so where is the dust coming from?

    submitted by /u/EddiOS42
    [link] [comments]

    Open app in split view using siri

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:02 PM PST

    I think it would be great to be able to launch an app in split view (or slide over) in my iPad using Siri.

    For instance, while using safari, I would like to be able to say something like "open Photos in split view".

    submitted by /u/jbacag
    [link] [comments]

    Given that the HomePod is going to rely on Siri, what is stopping it from being really good?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:24 AM PST

    There are all these tests and YouTube videos that compare the voice assistants. Yes, Siri is better at some things, but on the whole we know she's not quite as capable in understanding as Google Assistant.

    So what is it that technically holds Siri back? People say Google has the data from all the searches but its not like Siri isn't processing hundreds of thousands of commands all the time.

    Something I've noticed for a long time with dictation is Siri seems to second guess. I'll dictate something and watch it being typed perfectly, then when I finish and process the request, it messes it up. Then I have to tap parts individually to make it correct. Why did that happen? She got it right first time so why screw it up?

    It just seems like the success of the HomePod is going to need Siri to be a little more reliable, and I don't know what's stopping that from happening.

    EDIT: Typo

    submitted by /u/jordangoretro
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air (2017) screen tinting when watching videos

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:16 AM PST

    On my new MBA (since Christmas) whenever I watch a video - mostly on the Netflix, the screen tints blue after a small period of time - 5 to 7 seconds. It's really annoying. Then, if I move the cursor, or even sometimes randomly, the screen goes back to a warmer, more natural yellowy tint, then right back to blue.

    What's causing this?

    Comparison pics:

    Natural tint

    Blue tint

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/PrestigiousWaffle
    [link] [comments]

    I think I found a Mac kernel bug?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 01:08 AM PST

    How To Transfer Purchases to a New Apple ID

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 01:04 PM PST

    So when i got my first iPod i was a little kid so i could only use my moms preexisting itunes account which was tied to her credit card. But now i'm in college and it's rather tedious to wire my mom a dollar any time i buy an app. Is there a way i could create my own itunes account and copy the purchases made on the old account to a new one?

    submitted by /u/PJChloupek
    [link] [comments]

    VR on an iMac ?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 12:54 AM PST

    Hello there, just got a Vive (that I still haven't openned).

    I have a 2017 5K iMac and I was wondering is my GPU would be enough. It's a Radeon Pro 575, and as it's Apple I don't really know what it mean compared to other brand GPU. My specs are :

    specs : 8g of RAM Radeon Pro 575 i5 Kaby Lake 3,5gz

    I'm planning to play on Windows so there's no real problem other than the GPU.

    It's a gift so I still can get a refund. Anyone tried VR on an iMac here ? Benchmarks run great (120 fps for easy test, 75 for harder test) even though the Radeon Pro 575 isn't supposed to be as powerful as a GTX 970 (the minimal spec)

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/HJ7888
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] What are the dimensions of the Apple Homepod box?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 12:11 AM PST

    Need to know this since I don't live in the UK and need to get it through Borderlinx, but they have to know the dimensions of the box first. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Max808808
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Are there any reputable, online retailers that sell authentic, genuine, mid-2013 MacBook Air Batteries?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:58 PM PST

    See Title. Thank you in advance!!

    submitted by /u/MrMassador
    [link] [comments]

    Will deleting a photo in photos delete the photo in iCloud?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:54 PM PST

    Yeah I know, kind of a dumb question. On my iPhone I have photos saved on my device which are backed up with iCloud. If I deleted them in the photo app, will it delete the iCloud version too? Or must I keep the copy on my device to keep it on iCloud.

    submitted by /u/fluffyofblobs
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2015 - Key repeat happening a lot?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:36 PM PST

    I dunno if anyone else has been having this issue, but since Sierra, the machine will lock up for 500ms at a time and whatever key I was touching at the time will be held down for the entire time and enter a bunch of stupid text, or turn my volume all the way up, or what not. It's extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying. Anyone else with this issue?

    submitted by /u/TomLube
    [link] [comments]

    Beats X durability (2018)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:10 PM PST

    To owners of the Beats X, how has durability been so far? Any issues after use over a few months so far?

    Also, I know they're not advertised as water or sweat resistant but to what extent is that true? Will I be able to use them in the rain, workout/run in these with moderate sweating- basically will they function properly after getting some water/sweat on these?

    Lastly, have Apple fixed the standby issue on these yet? I've read comments from a few months ago that these don't last pretty long when turned on but not using them (i.e. standby).

    submitted by /u/minh_la
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel