• Breaking News

    Monday, January 29, 2018

    Apple TV Using Apple TV away from home // xfinity problems

    Apple TV Using Apple TV away from home // xfinity problems


    Using Apple TV away from home // xfinity problems

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:35 PM PST

    I have a Comcast subscription with a lot of channels, GFs apartment has barebones tv w cable. Got her an Apple TV so that I could watch things using my subscription at her place, but some apps are blocked because I'm not on my home wifi. Any suggestions / workarounds?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/leonwashington2
    [link] [comments]

    4K tv keeps disconnecting my Mac from airplay after like every 10-15 mins. Trying to mirror a movie but it’s irritating. Anyone have this problem

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:45 PM PST

    Deleted Blade Runner 2049 from my purchases, tried to re-buy and I'm stuck

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:12 PM PST

    I previously had Blade Runner 2049 in HD from my Blu-Ray copy. I wanted to get the 4k version so I deleted the film from my iTunes collection. When I went to repurchase the film on my Apple TV it stated the movie had already been purchased and asked if I wanted to watch now. I click yes and I get the spinning wheel, the film never loads. I can watch it on my iMac, MacBook, and iPhone, but it won't load on Apple TV. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/kidjingo
    [link] [comments]

    Play/Pause button not working on Apple TV 4k and headphone issues.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 06:06 PM PST

    I've noticed that recently my play/pause button doesn't work on my Apple TV remote, but pressing on the trackpad does. I'm not really sure when it started happening, but my Apple TV is only slightly over a month old.

    I've also been having some problems with my headphones (Bose QC35 II) they worked initially without a problem, but now the audio cuts out and skips horribly. I've tried unpairing/repairing, restarting apple tv multiple times. anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Jay7962
    [link] [comments]

    Siri remote compatible Sub $200 receiver?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:34 PM PST

    Does anyone know of a sub $200 surround sound receiver that is compatible with the volume controls of the Siri remote?

    I have the 4k atv , a Samsung TV and a pioneer receiver. ATV connects to Pioneer and HDMI out to TV.

    Cec nor IR works with controlling the receiver's volume from the Siri remote. I have found many posts online with this very issue.

    I am able to control the volume of the tv via cec. (Which I do not want)

    Please note, I do not care for 4k content. This setup is for my parents, who want something very simple. Primary viewing will be Netflix, amazon video and Plex.

    I am looking for a cec or even ir compatible 5.1 receiver. No pressing desire of HD Audio decoders.

    submitted by /u/trinybwoy
    [link] [comments]

    Does tvOS 11.2.5 still support third-party AirPlay streaming?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 11:43 AM PST

    I haven't updated from the stock tvOS 11, and I need to know if apps like Airflow, AirParrot 2 and/or Beamer can still properly function if I update the software.

    Thanks, everyone.

    submitted by /u/DorkyDutchman
    [link] [comments]

    Faster Fast forward?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:28 PM PST

    Was watching IT last night on the plex app and accidentally restarted the movie instead of resume. Had to fast forward this almost 2.5 hour movie and it was painful on how slow the fast forward is on Apple TV 4K. Isn't there a way to do a faster fast forward or skip to a certain part? Noticed this is the case on most apps.

    submitted by /u/quicksilverrs
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing HDR/Dolby Vision on an LG OLED. How can I tell what I'm watching?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:59 AM PST

    Hello all, pretty new to the 4k realm and would love some assistance setting up my new C7. I have a 4k Apple TV and am able to view 4k content on the LG. I have an HDMI run through a new Sony Receiver, then the receiver transmits via HDMI to input 1 on the TV. I know when I am watching 4k by checking the info on the Apple TV drop down menu, but I am confused how I can tell if it is HDR content or Dolby Vision. Do I need different HDMI cables to see Dolby Vision or HDR? When I run the test on the Apple TV it comes up clear. Is there a specific HDR/Dolby Vision logo that appears? Sorry for the wall of text, but this is confusing and I want to make sure I am optimizing my viewing experience on the LG. This applies for movies through iTunes and Netflix 4k content. Thanks for any assistance.

    submitted by /u/kidjingo
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV4k shows internet connection yet the only application that works is YouTube

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 04:34 PM PST

    Problem is not with my internet. What could it be? DTVN, Prime and HBOGO do not work.

    submitted by /u/CrashBandic0ot
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix DV content to HDR10 screen broken

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 04:32 AM PST

    Seems like Netflix HDR on Apple TV 4 are only for DV enabled screens. My projector (Optoma UHD65 ) only support HDR10 but not DV. What ever I put my setting to auto switch or on HDR, Mindhaunter gives me washed out grey image on my screen. (My projector does switch to HDR while turn on the ATV4, or switch to HDR while watching DV enabled content if setting is on auto switch).

    My conclusion is that somehow ATV4 IOS system or Netflix app is trying to convert DV content to HDR 10 on non-DV enabled screen. But they did it wrongly.

    Complete turn off HDR, I have got much better mindhaunter image which is weird.

    BTW, I have tried XBOX One X Netflix app, it make things a bit better but still worse than ATV4 with SDR.

    For Mindhauter image on my projector:

    ATV4 SDR > Xbox One X HDR > ATV4 HDR > XBOX One X HDR off

    submitted by /u/seanxushen
    [link] [comments]

    Pause/play skips commercials

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 06:46 AM PST

    This will probably get fixed too soon. Some of the apps allow you to hit pause when a commercial starts and then hit play and it skips the commercials - the nbc app does it

    submitted by /u/shooter6684
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Beta

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:08 AM PST

    Has anyone else with the latest iOS beta lost the ability to control the Apple TV? It will keep flashing between Apple TV and Select an Apple TV which is grayed out so I can't tap anything.

    submitted by /u/compwiz1202
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it taking so long for streaming services to upgrade their Apple TV apps to 4K?!?!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:44 AM PST

    Seems like the only true 4k streaming service on the apple tv right now is netflix. Is it actually difficult to upgrade the apps or what? Like I didnt think it would take this long for apps like Plex.

    submitted by /u/raq0916
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel