• Breaking News

    Monday, January 29, 2018

    Apple Help What's a compatible internal 2tb ssd for trashcan mac pro?

    Apple Help What's a compatible internal 2tb ssd for trashcan mac pro?


    What's a compatible internal 2tb ssd for trashcan mac pro?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:00 PM PST

    The current machine only has 256gb. OWC makes one but my co wants something through its vendor. Does Samsung make one? I searched all over but no luck. I'm probably missing something.

    submitted by /u/cxbu
    [link] [comments]

    Screen brightness not working in Bootcamp Windows 10 MBP late 2012 15"

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 04:32 PM PST

    I have a Macbook Pro 15" late 2012 running with bootcamp (mostly for light PC gaming) and with the new fall creators update for Windows 10, I have not been able to adjust the brightness of the screen, either using the FN+F2 shortcut, or using the built in windows screen brightness controls.

    I've disabled adaptive screen brightness in control panel for the power and also made sure the Generic display drivers were enabled. I've also upgraded the Nvidia drivers to the latest release as of now.

    I was able to enable the generic display drivers first when I installed windows 10 to make the brightness work, but now it doesn't. Does anyone have any clue how to get my brightness control to work again?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tehspiah
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2009 iMac won't boot after accidentally tripping breaker

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:15 PM PST

    I think I bricked my early 2009 iMac by accidentally tripping the wrong breaker when trying to fix a light switch in a different room. Nothing happens at all when I hit the power button.

    What is the most likely problem and is there an easy solution? I don't have anything super critical on the hard drive that isn't backed up somewhere else (CrashPlan, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.), but I'm hoping I don't have to replace the whole machine.

    If I do need to replace the whole machine, would it be possible to use the iMac as a monitor for a Mac Mini? It's 27" and not the best thing in the world, but it would be nice to recycle it.

    submitted by /u/SPBesui
    [link] [comments]

    How do I search a Windows formatted External Hard drive?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 07:44 PM PST

    I swear I was able to do this the other day but now when I type something into the search bar nothing seems to happen. Not sure what is wrong. I had a different OS then. I just bought this mac so I have no idea what the OS name was then but I updated to High Sierra late last week sometime. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

    submitted by /u/RedditPoster05
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for clip on speaker for MBP. My Logitech speaker died after 7 years

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 07:21 PM PST

    Looking for power and sound via USB. I tested the usb ports with my camera and they still work. I'd like to order through Amazon prime.

    submitted by /u/Bodie1550
    [link] [comments]

    MBP will not boot without entering Startup Manager after SSD install.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 07:05 PM PST

    I installed a SSD into my Mid-2012 MBP (MD101LLA running 10.11.6) yesterday. The original drive was cloned using Carbon Copy Cloner. During this time, I also created a recovery partition.

    When booting, the computer will simply display a grey screen, not loading the OS. However, when I boot into Startup Manager (holding Option during restart), I am able to select the drive and the machine starts normally. I assume this is related to cloning the drive (perhaps the recovery partition), but am unsure what I can do to rectify this.

    Worst case, not much else has changed since the SSD install, and I have both the removed drive in an external enclosure as well as a time machine backup on a second external that was completed immediately before cloning the original HDD.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DrunkOnUnleaded
    [link] [comments]

    How can I delete disk images in Disk Utility?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 09:33 PM PST

    Trying to create a boot camp partition and the process failed quite a few times, leaving me with uninitialized disk images that do nothing for me except take up space. How can I delete these from my hard drive? Here's a link to what my disk images look like in Disk Utility. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AMagneticField
    [link] [comments]

    Powerbeats Wireless connected but no sound

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 09:02 PM PST

    My Powerbeats are connected with my Macbook Pro and fully charged (recently reset them) but no sound is coming out of them. I can still use the pause/play button, however. Anyone got any tips? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lhubbard0
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing downloading and can not verify apps

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 05:14 PM PST

    Earlier today all the apps I downloaded off safari became unverified and wouldn't let me verify them after. I tried to delete them and reinstall them but they wouldn't download. After I tried to download apps off the App Store but the apps wouldn't even start downloading. It's not my internet, I have used the WiFi at my house, LTE and the WiFi at where I work to try and download them but that didn't change anything.

    submitted by /u/king-guy
    [link] [comments]

    Some application shows in smaller screen in iPhone X

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:50 PM PST

    Hello.

    I bought iPhone X yesterday ! restored the backup and everything was going good .

    but suddenly some applications like Facebook, Snapchat are showing in smaller screen (they were fine at first) .

    So I updated to the latest iOS and they got back to work normally , but also in like 1-2 hours they again went to be in smaller screen.

    I deleted the application and reinstalled them , they worked fine at first but the issue went back again after sometime !

    I tried hard reset but didnt help .

    Is there something im doing wrong ? or shall i take it back to Apple (it's a bit far thats why i;m trying to solve it )

    Example :Imgur Imgur

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/LiveInMyOwnWorld
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone X Camera Lens Crack

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:48 PM PST

    I don't have AppleCare and I don't know how much it would be to replace the lens. Can I even just replace the lens? Would it be better to just do a DYI? It's a tiny little crack and does not change the way the IPhone functions.

    submitted by /u/CheeTristan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X - Keep WiFi On While Sleeping

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:17 PM PST

    How do I get an iPhone X to keep its WiFi connection connected even when it goes to sleep?

    This issue is causing problems for me.

    submitted by /u/anonRedd
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Country issue

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 03:45 PM PST

    I want to switch country from sweden to US in itunes, not necessarily the whole app store. is this possible? The reason is that the music is way different and i need to stay updated on the us charts and not the swedish ones. Also i dont post much here just lurk around a lot so i probable made a bunch of misstakes so dont burn me at the stake =(

    submitted by /u/grottloffe
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S is messed up and I don't know what's going on

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 06:54 PM PST

    Long story here, so my iPhone 6S 64gb has been restarting itself over and over again. Leading to all my photos being deleted (and then restored), also having my contacts deleted as well.

    Also my phone has been extremely slow and it's extremely irritating when I am trying to access my apps or even send a text. My wifi is also not connecting with my phone, whenever it restarts I have to go back and type in the password for my internet, but no matter what I do it just says it is incorrect.

    I've restarted my iPhone (home button and power button) a bunch and it helps a little bit, but I cannot seem to find a clear solution for all of this. NOTE: my phone has been almost out of storage for a while but it is now just starting to act up like this (its been 2 weeks)

    PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU.

    submitted by /u/LesterLonghorn
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X GPS inaccurate / not working

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 11:20 AM PST

    Anyone else finding the GPS of their iPhone X to be insensitive or inaccurate?

    The blue location dot moves around the map randomly and using Apple Maps or Google Maps for driving is impossible as the GPS thinks I'm two or three roads away.

    Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/wappingite
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 9.7 ipad 2017 screen glass?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 05:00 PM PST

    Topic is question ty

    submitted by /u/Deathfox1112
    [link] [comments]

    I’m upgrading from SE to 8, want to start fresh but keep history stored somewhere. Looking for suggestions.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 12:43 PM PST

    When I upgrade to 8 I want to avoid uploading my iCloud daily back up. I want to "start fresh" so to speak. I have a lot of apps I no longer use and a lots unorganized things that would be better off eliminated. My plan is to sign into the 8 for the first time, not use the back up and download that apps I need one by one. But I want to keep things like my message history available to me even if not on the 8. For example, I sign into with my iTunes ID and start fresh with my messages. My message history with all my friends will still be in my SE, right?

    Thanks for any and all thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Zoze13
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my icloud backup data from icloud.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 03:47 PM PST

    I backed up my iPhone with icloud to save my pictures and such but when I get on my pc I can only see that I have 1 back up of an iPhone 6s saved but none if my photos, the back up is a large file so I know it has my photos but I can't access it.

    submitted by /u/Moonnoodler
    [link] [comments]

    Having an issue with the App Store

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 11:43 AM PST

    So this is for a family members phone so I don't know the full details, but when I try to download apps through the app store, specifically Facebook, it asks for the password of the phone owners daughter even though its signed into the phone owners account. It's an X that we just set up and is up to date and the only accounts I can see on both the app store and in the settings is the phone owners and not the other account. Is it possible the accounts are linked? And if so how would I fix it?

    TLDR it's a new phone and only the owners account was signed in on it but when I try to download apps to it, it asks to sign into daughters account.

    submitted by /u/rolk112
    [link] [comments]

    game center not connected to an email

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 02:54 PM PST

    I have a super old game center account and it is no longer allowing me to sign into it due to it not being connected to an email. Is there any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/zerg_tv
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Mac Mini won’t turn on

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 02:29 PM PST

    A little back story: I bought a Mac mini on eBay and it came with a "bonus" Mac mini that's broken. So now I have one that works and one that doesn't. They are both 2011 i7 versions (or so I'm told).

    The problem with the broken one is when I hit the power button, the LED turns on for about half a second and then turns off. No power, no chime, no Apple logo, nothing. Just an LED flash and nothing.

    Any ideas of where I can start trying to troubleshoot this thing? I don't really want to spend money going thru Apple service since I don't really need this thing, I just kind of want to see what I can do with it.

    submitted by /u/Normativity
    [link] [comments]

    Beats X headphones work for audio but sometimes not on phone calls

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:27 AM PST

    Currently: iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.5, but I had this problem all through iOS 10 and on two different iPhone 6s phones. Also, I've had this issue on three different pairs of Beats X headphones.

    I've tried resetting network settings. Wiping and restoring. DFU restore. Clean fresh iOS reinstall. Unpair and re-pair. I've tried different options in Bluetooth audio routing in Accessibility settings.

    This happens seemingly randomly. It's been happening for over a year and I still can't predict when it will occur. I can be listening to music or a podcast, then receive a phone call to silence. I have to quickly switch to iPhone in my audio in the phone call. Sometimes it will just happen randomly during a call. It's incredibly frustrating. As soon as the call is over, my Bluetooth audio works fine for music/podcasts.

    Once I get off the call, I will turn off my headphones, reboot my phone and reconnect them. SOMETIMES it seems to fix it. Other times, I'm out of luck.

    I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Mathan135
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help with setting up the ethernet adapter to my MacBook air.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 02:12 PM PST

    I have the adapter hooked up and everything, but when I go to my network settings, it does not connect to the internet. Here is a screenshot of my settings. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/OGDannyD
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble choosing an external drive for Mid-2010 iMac (would like to use Firewire 800)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 10:11 AM PST

    I put a smaller solid state drive in this machine and maxed out the ram to 16 gigs. It runs great. Since I'm using the 4 usb 2.0 ports for several things, I'd like to take advantage of the Firewire 800 port for an external drive. I'm having trouble sorting through my options. I'm ok with 6 TB.

    • Buy a big 3.5 drive and use with something like this (I wonder if this drive uses the full speed of the firewire 800 port, cloning and using on other computers is a plus; I'm ok with naked drives siting in it)

    • I'm skeptical about this drive, can't find reviews. No clue about the brand of drive inside it.

    Will the Oxford 944 chip or JMB355 cause sleep issues?

    Oxford 944 chip'd firewire 800 enclosure for 2.5 drives

    Oxford 944 chip'd for 3.5

    JMB355 chip'd enclosure for 3.5 drives

    I'm having trouble sorting these out. Any insights are appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/chicagoit
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Music skipping locally stored songs when wifi/cellular connection status changes

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 01:14 PM PST

    Im having a bizarre issue with my iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.2.5, using the Music app while connected to bluetooth in my BMW. When the phone disconnects or reconnects to wifi, the song currently playing skips. But it doesnt skip to the next song, it skips to a random one and the entire shuffle playlist changes. It also sames to happen when the phone loses signal with on 3/4G instead of wifi.

    It can be recreated when im sat on my driveway within wifi range, turning the wifi on and off makes the songs skip and playlist change.

    All songs in the playlist are stored locally on the phone and can be listened to when in airplane mode.

    The car has a toggle to activate shuffle so I wondered if it was confusion between creating 2 seperate shuffle playlists, but the shuffle toggle in the car activates and deactives the one within music at the same time. The queued songs list also changes identically, when the skipping is not occurring.

    Have also tried unpairing the phone and car then repairing, and also rebooting the phone.

    The only consistent variable for causing the playlist to change and songs to skip seems to be the phone losing or gaining a connection to a network while connected.

    submitted by /u/Jmorgan93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel