• Breaking News

    Friday, September 29, 2017

    Apple Help iPhone 8 is defective, will Apple replace with a new or a refurbished one?

    Apple Help iPhone 8 is defective, will Apple replace with a new or a refurbished one?


    iPhone 8 is defective, will Apple replace with a new or a refurbished one?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:41 PM PDT

    My mom's iPhone 8 seems to be defective. She got the phone last week and just noticed that the vibration doesn't work. I've tried many remedies for it, such as entering in DFU to do a factory reset (iOS 11.0.1? latest of iOS as of today), checking that it's enabled in sound, resetting the settings, etc. So if I were to make an appointment with the Apple store, what's the process? Do they inspect it, and will they just give me a new phone? I would hope so, since the phone is only a week old and it would suck to get a refurbished. Or will they repair it, but I would have to wait longer?

    submitted by /u/xXRyouichiXx
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if Mac and iPhone have spyware or keylogger installed?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 01:40 PM PDT

    I'll keep it as short as I can. My iphone isn't jailbroken, so I don't think spyware can be installed but idk. I think my MacBook Air might have spyware/a keylogger because a person who has been harassing me is aware of email exchanges I've had regarding them, and the MacBook Air was left in an area for several hours unprotected where they could gain access to it.

    How do I go about checking? Thanks.

    Edit: thanks everyone for your solid advice and details helped, I'm mainly relieved.

    submitted by /u/canlawthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7, to turn it off I have to press the power button 5 times, not hold. My friends iPhone 8, to turn it off he holds it down. Were both iOS11.0.1

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:32 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/absHS

    Why is this happening? Is this a setting thing?

    submitted by /u/StealChampx193
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to hide photos in the camera roll?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:05 PM PDT

    I take and share a lot of photos on my iPhone. I'm always handing my phone over to people to browse my camera roll. I have nothing to hide.

    Except I'd kinda like to. I'm fat and I've just started losing weight. I'd like to take some progress pics without a shirt on and I don't want them to show in my camera roll.

    Googling found me an article online about hiding photos in iOS 8, but the method it showed didn't work at all in iOS 11. Is this still a function that's available, or do I need to take these photos inside of a third-party app to keep them off my camera roll?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    How can I remove this annoying statement that my iPhone is being Supervised?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 06:55 PM PDT

    Hello, I've bought this 6s running iOS 9.1 and the seller did not specify that this phone is supervised.

    https://imgur.com/a/vo3dQ

    submitted by /u/BlackSuit421
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s iOS 11 Battery Draining on Charge

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:35 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I just have a quick question. My iPhone 5s is draining battery while charging... Example is last night I plugged it in at 69% and woke up the next day with a 20% charge. I've contacted apple and apparently both hardware and software are fine. They said the battery was fine as well. I've checked it on coconut battery and the battery is still healthy. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this at all?

    I have restored the device and set it up as a new device. I've even tried changing both cables and brick with no luck.

    submitted by /u/Voda14
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch is registering things as exercise that aren’t exercise

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 06:24 PM PDT

    It's happened a bunch in the past few weeks including after updating to watchOS 4.0. I'll be driving or flying or doing something else decidedly sedentary, even sitting at my desk, and my watch alerts me that I closed out the exercise circle. This doesn't make any sense. It's totally throwing off the tracking, rendering it somewhat useless.. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    Friend’s iCloud account is her aol email address. Why isn’t she receiving her aol emails?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:49 PM PDT

    If she adds her aol account separately she receives her emails fine but why would she have to do that if her iCloud account is already that same aol account.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/vitorizzo
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot update apps from iPhone without Apple ID that I do not have.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:13 PM PDT

    Since the new update released whenever I try to update apps it asks my for the password to Apple ID: X whereas my Apple ID: Y is the only (observably) Apple ID present on the device. However, years ago when I had an iPod, I used Apple ID: X for said device and apps but when I upgraded to an iPhone I created Apple ID: Y. Downloading the old apps on to my new iPhone, I'm assuming, must have retained Apple ID: X to be recognized for those apps. Now, whenever trying to update said apps it always asks for the password to Apple ID: X even though my device is no longer linked to that. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mcflizzard
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Apple Pencil need to be paired regularly?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 09:29 PM PDT

    iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 11.

    I don't use it very often, but when I do it never works without being paired first (plugging it into the iPad's lightening port for a couple of seconds).

    If I pair the thing right now and use it, it will work well until I'm finished with it. If I pick it up in 2 days to write something with the same iPad, it's unresponsive until it's paired again.

    Am I missing something here? Why is this thing such a pain in the ass to get going all the time?

    edit: I rarely reboot the iPad or put it in airplane mode. I have never paired the pencil with another iPad.

    submitted by /u/brokensegmnt
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 Plus has connect to iTunes message, I've tried everything but I can't fix it.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 09:27 PM PDT

    Images of the phone are here: https://imgur.com/a/lQoYn I'm trying to fix this up for a friend of mine but I'm in a little bit over my head apparently. Anyways, I wandered over to support.apple.com/iphone/restore to fix it. I restarted it by holding the power button and the home button down for 10 sec but all that did was reboot up into connect to iTunes screen. So I scrolled down a little ways and found a spot that said if that didn't work, plug it into your laptop and you will get a message saying that there is something wrong with your phone. I opened up iTunes and plugged in my phone to my PC and clicked "update". That didn't work, when I finished with that, the phone just booted up again into the iTunes connect screen. Anyone know what I could do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/AwezomePozzum9265
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 Note and photo markup - how to change the pen tip size?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 12:15 PM PDT

    In iOS 10, I can change the pen tip size to smaller width. This option now seems to disappear and all my writing have thick line.

    EDIT: I see the changes now: - For Note, selecting pen will show thin line ONLY - For markup (Photos), selecting the pen will rely on pressure sensitive. Unfortunately, no matter how light I press the pen, it's still to thick to write something legible.

    submitted by /u/darkstriders
    [link] [comments]

    Mail logged me out, and says password is wrong

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:54 PM PDT

    Hello Apple,

    the stock mail app I use suddenly logged out, but it keeps saying my password is wrong. my password isn't different and I am sure that it's written properly. I tried using the app-password, and the normal one. (I got 2FA on) I'm still logged in on my iPhone. this morning it still worked, so I have no idea where to start. im using a MacBook Pro 2016 on high Sierra

    submitted by /u/meijboomm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus wifi help!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 12:02 PM PDT

    Hi guys, just gotten my iPhone 8 Plus 256gb yesterday. Unfortunately, i have problems connecting to my main router at home. I could connect onto the network but i wasnt able to use the internet. I could connect and use my secondary router which is connected to my main router. My other devices had no problem using the main router. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I already had tried resetting the networks settings, restarting the modem and all those that u could google out.

    submitted by /u/tyaowei
    [link] [comments]

    How am I able to retrieve data from an outdated app?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:30 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have the app 'MyPhoto', which a few hundred photos saved in there.

    I updated my software this morning, and when I went to open MyPhoto today, was notified that I was unable to open, as the app was now outdated.

    I'll happily use a new, updated app - Just not sure how I am able to get the photos out of MyPhoto, as I am now unable to open this?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/zombiegrey
    [link] [comments]

    Rainbow Screen flashes when waking from sleep

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I own an Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch retina * 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 * 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3 * Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

    I just updated my computer yesterday to High Sierra. When I wake my computer from sleep by clicking on the trackpad or a key a rainbow psychedelic screen flashes for a brief maybe 1/8 of a second. I do not seem to have any problems besides this and the computer runs fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of what this might be? Is it a cause for alarm?

    Here is an image of the screen (sorry for the low quality I had to take a slow motion video to capture this it happens so quick then take a frame from that) https://imgur.com/a/PJj4M

    submitted by /u/cmroper
    [link] [comments]

    My internet speeds are slower than my friend's laptop

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:19 PM PDT

    My friend plugged his (linux) laptop into my ethernet cable and got around 90 mbps, when I plugged my 2017 Macbook in I got around 30. Could this have something to do with the fact that I am using an ethernet to USB-C adapter?

    submitted by /u/EmBuddha
    [link] [comments]

    Backup corrupted / not compatible

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:05 PM PDT

    Just got a new iphone replacement and went to restore the backup and a message popped up saying

    "Itunes could not restore iphone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iphone that is being restored"

    Iphone is running 10.3 iOS, same as the iphone i replaced.

    I don't care about getting everything back on my phone. I just want my pictures.

    Is there anything I can do to extract the photos from the backup file on the harddrive?

    submitted by /u/MrV7
    [link] [comments]

    Help I am gay in Middle East, I cannot delete gay app Grinder, only hide.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:38 PM PDT

    Please help I am in Middle East and gay. I downloaded gay app Grindr and deleted it but it still shows up in purchased apps. I tried to hide it but my parents can go in if they are suspecting of me and see hidden apps. How do I delete all evidence of gay apps like Grindr? I live in a country where I could go to prison or worse, please help.

    submitted by /u/gaythrowaway25511411
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro stating USB power is too much when I plug in a controller even though it was working previously.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:32 PM PDT

    Hello and thank you for reading my post. I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro 13 in. 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. I DJ as a hobby and recently bought two new controllers for 3 total. Up until a moment ago all three would work fine separately or two at a time as there are only two USB slots on my laptop. To get around this I purchased a USB extender and a DC adapter to power it.

    My error was that I first tried connecting all three at once without the added power to the USB extender. That caused my computer to shut down immediately. Now when I try to connect just two directly to the computer the computer says there is too much power to the USB port. My main mixer works connected when alone. But the other two, much smaller controllers, do not work even if it is just them plugged into the computer. It will still say too much power in the USB port.

    Did I break my computer forever? Or maybe a simple battery replacement will work? I've never replaced anything besides upgrading the RAM a couple years ago. Any advice is appreciated.

    EDIT: I just unplugged everything and then plugged in just the USB extender. BEFORE I tried to connect any device I connected the power cable to the USB extender and that just caused my computer to shut down too.

    Second Edit: Is it possible my computer fried the smaller controller? The first of my small controllers is actually working. It's currently plugged in with the big mixer. The second small controller doesn't work even alone.

    submitted by /u/nickf579
    [link] [comments]

    How can I view the amount of battery power my Bluetooth headphones have in iOS 11?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:26 PM PDT

    Syncing Messages from Mac to Iphone

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:07 PM PDT

    I had a blocked contact on my phone who sent me some text messages, which I received on my computer (MacBook Pro, 10.10.5). I'd like to be able to see them on my iPhone 5s (10.3.2). Is there any way to sync them over?

    submitted by /u/volvogia
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Car Play navigation and turn by turn instructions on iphone

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:03 PM PDT

    Is there any way to fix the turn by turn information on the iPhone so that the distance ticks down along with the main radio displays information? Nothing worse than being a mile from an exit and the information you're being given says you're 15 miles away.

    submitted by /u/lostnprocrastination
    [link] [comments]

    How to get a ringtone onto my iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:52 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get a custom ringtone onto my iPhone, but it's not wanting to work with me. The "solutions" I find on google are either for older iTunes versions, or for a Mac. I am using the Windows version of iTunes.

    Adding it via iTunes doesn't work, dragging it in doesn't work. It's an .m4r file (exported as AAC), and is 18 seconds long. From what I've been reading, the max is 30s.

    submitted by /u/-WB-Spitfire
    [link] [comments]

    2017 15" MacBook Pro fan noise?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:48 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Just got my hands on a MacBook Pro 15" (3.1GHz) and have noticed right from the first boot up that the fans on the right of the device have an almost-silent 'wurr' on them.

    I say 'almost silent' because it can easily be drowned out by other sounds, like YouTube, background noise etc.

    But in a silent setting (library, my bedroom), it's actually kind of unbearable.

    Laptop is either on a flat table or on a book if it's on my lap. It's less than a day old.

    submitted by /u/wakaawak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel