• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 30, 2017

    Apple Free Talk Friday - Casual Friday Discussions

    Apple Free Talk Friday - Casual Friday Discussions


    Free Talk Friday - Casual Friday Discussions

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 05:11 AM PDT

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Free Talk Friday!

    This is a casual discussion thread for discussion on any topic! What are your Summer plans? What's your new hobby? What do you think caused the Argentinian debt crisis of 2001/2002?

    Let us know your thoughts.

    There are no specific rules for this thread, but we do ask that you abide by /r/Apple's rules and Rediquette. Archives available here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 thinks it’s an X now

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 06:40 PM PDT

    MKBHD's Review of the iPhone 8: "Skip this Great Phone!"

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:55 PM PDT

    Apple makes every iOS and MacOS Kernel open source

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:27 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 Plus reportedly splits open while charging, another claimed to arrive in same state

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:36 AM PDT

    Grandparents scammed. $1,000 USD in itunes cards.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:33 PM PDT

    One of my best friend's grandparents just got scammed. Got his message from him and he is freaking out " they bought over $1k in itunes cards, scratched them off, and read the numbers to a guy over the phone who said he worked for the federal reserve and would give them a $10k grant for having good tax history if they paid this fee... some indian dude called him...they spent HOURS scratching off and reading cards over the phone..."

    Apparently they bought them at Walmart. They still have the itunes cards and walmart receipt.

    EDIT: This looks promising: "Contact Apple

    If you have additional questions, or if you've been a victim of a scam involving iTunes Gift Cards, you can call Apple at 800-275-2273 (U.S.) or contact Apple Support online."

    They seem to know it happens, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can post about their policies when it comes to this. What do they do?

    submitted by /u/Wonde_Alice_rland
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: MacOS keyboard shortcut: Cmd+Ctrl then Space = Emoji keyboard

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 06:19 PM PDT

    ⌨️👍🎓

    submitted by /u/maybe_someday_
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Interested in Developing ARM-Based Mac Processors and iPhone Modems in House

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:24 AM PDT

    What happens technologically when Messages on Mac receives a text 10 seconds before iMessages on my Iphone receives it (and vice versa)?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 05:08 PM PDT

    Same router, etc.

    submitted by /u/OutofPlaceOneLiner
    [link] [comments]

    2 years ago it was a promise, but the media spins it as a problem: "The days of waiting in line at an apple store is over" (April 7, 2015)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:13 AM PDT

    Amazing experience at the Apple store today

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:06 AM PDT

    Went to buy two AirPods and I paid full price for them. The person serving me saw my university hoodie and asked if I ordered them through the education store (I didn't because I didn't even check).

    He basically refunded me and put the transaction through at a discounted price, even though it was a really complicated transaction.

    10/10 customer service.

    submitted by /u/ahumanmadethis
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden New Feature in High Sierra

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 10:12 AM PDT

    After updating I was checking for features, and I noticed there is a now playing widget available in the side bar. When I had music playing on my phone, the widget showed it and I was able to play, pause, and skip all from my Mac. Not a bad move, especially with the AirPods bringing Bluetooth and connectivity with audio to the forefront.

    submitted by /u/moon_forge
    [link] [comments]

    APFS in High Sierra causing problems for Unity Engine, Cities: Skylines, Civilization V, more

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 11:17 AM PDT

    Apple geniuses are the best

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 10:22 AM PDT

    I was just in the Apple store getting my watch back from repair and as I'm setting it up one of the geniuses is helping this old man with his iPad talking about audio books and how to set up a YouTube account . She was really patient and engaging chatting to the man about good book choices. Just wanted to mention this as you wouldn't get this level of customer support in any other store.

    submitted by /u/casimkhan
    [link] [comments]

    My wife was excited to show me the new drawing features of Notes in iOS 11

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 12:36 PM PDT

    She has an iPad Pro for doing graphic design and she doodled this to show me how the Notes app lets you doodle/annotate right in it (so not just text-only): geraffes are so dumb

    Also its pretty cool because if you write words with your handwriting it automatically knows what words you wrote, and makes what you wrote searchable

    submitted by /u/elislider
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to copy my student I.D. to my passbook?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 07:29 PM PDT

    My college has nfc chip enabled student IDs. I was thinking how convenient it would be to add it it passbook as a card and then use my watch or iPhone to sign into things around campus. I have googled it a couple times and only found ways to do it with an android device. Is this even possible through iOS?

    submitted by /u/Chanandaler__Bong
    [link] [comments]

    Regaind.io acquired by Apple. Here's a demo video grabbed from YouTube just in time.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 11:37 AM PDT

    TSMC starts development of A12 chips for 2018 iPhones

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 08:15 AM PDT

    Final Cut Pro X Isn't Compatible With iOS 11's New H.265 High Efficiency Video Codec [So Far]

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 09:55 PM PDT

    Apple praises gaming on the iPhone in all events but forgets to fix one "tiny" important detail...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:32 AM PDT

    When playing multiplayer games we all know that we can't pause the game to answer a call, so if someone calls us, we get a full screen incoming phonecall app instead of a notification bar on top to not interrupt the game.

    If its not important, we can reject the phone call, but its important and If we answer, the game minimizes. (so here its goes my preccciiiousss points...talking to you Clash Royale....)

    It would be great to receive phone calls while playing games. If you agree, can you help by sending a feature request to Apple? ( feeedback . apple . com )

    Come on Apple... it's this little extra details that I always loved about you...

    submitted by /u/DaVinci_
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Customer Service Story

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 04:44 PM PDT

    I purchased the Powerbeats a few months ago at my local Apple Store and used them religiously. I loved being wireless. But over time, I noticed that my ears were getting really dry. Skin cracking and peeling and it was starting to spread to my jaw line. Not a good look lol.

    I went to see a dermatologist and she gave me a steroid cream and everything went down.

    After persistence from my parents, I finally got an allergy test done (it's a skin patch test). The conclusion: I'm allergic to nickel.

    Since I was using the steroid cream, I stopped wearing my headphones. Once everything went down, I used them for a day and my skin got really dry the next day. I finally put two and two together and realized it was my headphones that were giving me this reaction (contact dermatitis).

    Called up the Apple Store I purchased them from (I moved since then) and told them my situation. They took my old Powerbeats, shipped me brand new Airpods, and refunded the difference. All on one phone call. I've been using them for a week and I'm even more happier than I was with the Powerbeats (battery life is way better).

    Just thought y'all would appreciate! Go Apple!

    submitted by /u/CravingCheeseburgers
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: iPhone 7 cases don't all fit the iPhone 8.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 10:00 AM PDT

    ...regardless of what the manufacturer says. Sigh.

    submitted by /u/CarinasHere
    [link] [comments]

    TVOS 11.1 fixes HDMI CEC issue

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 05:41 PM PDT

    This probably won't be relevant to most people but I'm posting this in case someone is troubled by same problem.

    I was having issues with HDMI CEC not switching over to my Apple TV when pressing any of the buttons but the beta seemed to fix everything right up.

    submitted by /u/InterruptingRaptor
    [link] [comments]

    About the screen size (dimensions) of the iPhone X: diagonal measurements can be misleading, and that 5.8” screen might not be as big as you think, particularly relative to the iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 01:12 PM PDT

    Critical Code in Millions of Macs Isn't Getting Apple's Updates | Wired

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 02:07 PM PDT

    LPT: In iOS 11, force touch on the timer in control centre to set timers really quickly.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 05:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel