• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 14, 2021

    macOS Love the new built-in CAPTCHA solver in Monterey - Live Text

    macOS Love the new built-in CAPTCHA solver in Monterey - Live Text


    Love the new built-in CAPTCHA solver in Monterey - Live Text

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Unboxing My Brand New 2021 iMac 24 inch

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    Anyone know why and for how long it should be like this? I left my computer to update ~3 hours ago and it always does this.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Everything is "white" after the latest upgrade to version 11.5.2. (not white screen of death)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    It boots up fine but ALL webpages regardless of browser are now washed out and very very white. Pages are not displaying correctly (Including Reddit), for example, I'm going to have to guess where the submit button is for this post.

    I can see boxes around things on certain sites but nothing is actually displaying correctly. This is multiple browsers, FF, Chrome, Safari.

    I've restarted several times, disabled / enabled themes.

    Not sure what to do.

    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

    Can I roll back? Do I need to wipe and start again somehow?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Concerned_nobody
    [link] [comments]

    how to run catalina app on high sierra

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    as title

    use an older app is out of the question. as some app-only started developing on Catalina

    submitted by /u/Ethan_blake
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me what is the name of this application?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    I need help finding an app.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    The app is a programming tool that allows you to download any macOS and configure your whole system. That's all I remember of the app.

    submitted by /u/mikemanlovecoke
    [link] [comments]

    What is homebrew, and why would a person need it?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    I just got curious about it, since I've seen homebrew installation instructions in a lot of download pages for apps. The only answers I have got are on stackexchange, and I'm not a coding guy so that flew over my head.

    I use my macbook as a general purpose home laptop for browsing the web, handling some documents and watching movies and tv shows. Would I ever need homebrew? What kind of a user does it best serve?

    submitted by /u/AnshM
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone asks about 'Other' storage... but can someone explain this? This is a completely fresh installation.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    False "Missed FaceTime" Notification

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    My 2014 MacBook Air is running macOS Big Sur 11.4 and still gives me the "Missed FaceTime" notification despite me answering the FaceTime on my phone (iPhone 12 Pro). I've had this issue for a while, but figured it would have been solved after doing an update (I recently upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur).

    I've searched high and low for a solution with no real answer to solving this macOS issue. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/nhbegli
    [link] [comments]

    Would you guys be open to the idea of having Widgets on the desktop screen much like app icons and documents?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    I've pretty much forgotten about widgets since they're stored to the sides, and as someone who keeps their desktop screen clean, there's so much space that is being un-used. All my quick apps are located in my docks, and I just use spotlight to find my files. Widgets are something that I want to start using but the muscle memory just isn't there, not to mention I can't see all of them at once, only a few.

    I wish there was a way to place them on the desktop screen, much like how iPadOS has it right now

    submitted by /u/galleryrush
    [link] [comments]

    Concept Preview - Tiles (New Mac Window Management)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro randomly restarting

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    Hi my mac keeps randomly restarting when I keep it in sleep mode for long periods of time (2-3hrs) how could I fix this

    submitted by /u/Riffle_X
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get out of command s

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    How to Download all iMessages from iCloud to Mac

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    Once again reaching out to the fine folk on Reddit to escape the fever-dream that is iCloud.

    I'm done with iCloud as a combination of their latest content scanning announcements, and the ongoing cost. It feels like they're constantly trying to push me up to the next tier, and given I'm mostly trying to simply move files 8ft from my Mac to my iPad, paying for 250GB of Cloud storage as the next tier up seems extravagant and unnecessary - especially since I have an 8TB NAS in the next room.

    Anyway, I want to make sure I have all my iMessages downloaded before I delete them from iCloud. The problem is, neither macOS or iOS provide a means of validating that all messages are uploaded, or all messages are downloaded. I have iCloud sync for iMessage turned on, and so I would assume all my messages are synced, but with Apple, that's a big assumption since they don't provide any (or minimal) information or feedback about the sync process!

    The problem I'm having is that iCloud tells me that my messages are consuming 6GB of storage space, but macOS tells me that the same messages are only consuming 3GB of space. How can I make sure they're all downloaded, or is this how Apple keep you invested in their ecosystem?

    Any help gratefully accepted!

    (I've learned my lesson with the cloud: pre-cloud, I've managed to keep every document I've created back to 1993, but have lost multiple files with both iCloud and OneDrive due to sync issues).

    submitted by /u/New_Yogurtcloset7659
    [link] [comments]

    Uninstalling Kensingtonworks Driver

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    I uninstalled every component of Kensingtonworks I could reach, but the driver:

    com.kensington.tbwDKDriver.dext

    Won't let me touch it. It says: "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items."

    How do I remove this thing?

    submitted by /u/SpiceCake68
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS vs. Windows: Does MacOS inherently make you more productive?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    I own a Windows laptop right now and thinking of making the jump to buy a M1 Macbook Air 2020.

    My current rationale is that I would be more productive on MacOS. From little things like how the Notes app tracks all your notes as you create them, to even stuff like autocorrect while you type... I can imagine that would save me so much time and frustration whilst I'm doing a write-up for work.

    MacOS also has really cool apps like Things 3, and I can imagine with the M1 chip apps like Notion would run super smooth. (Notion is really laggy both on my laptop and PC). I could possibly use Adobe Creative Suite with ease and finally do some light video editing on the go too.

    However, I could just be trying to rationalize an expensive purchase, so I would love to hear from r/MacOS. If you were a previous Windows user, did you find it easier to be more productive when you switched to MacOS?

    submitted by /u/tfia-
    [link] [comments]

    browser questions

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    Hi friends! Ive been slowly moving all of my life over to my Apple devices from my past life in Android and Windows and the last thing im curious on is Safari. I still use the Brave browser, i know both are privacy focused but id like to ask for details on the big bifferences, what yall think are the advantages and disadvantages of both

    submitted by /u/meansderek
    [link] [comments]

    just got a new mac, - first time user

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    my question is, how do i make apps quit when i press the red x-button, rather than it minimizing and me having to fore quit it after. thanks

    submitted by /u/biguzivert111
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS universal control mouse cursor not working

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    Hey!

    I just got an iPad air 4 to go with my m1 macbook. I'm on mac os Monterey heta testing out universal control.

    Sadly my mouse cursor will not travel to the iPad as I move it off screen. It is connected though as I get a new safari icon with a little desktop on it, and when I open it, it opens the tabs I had open on my laptop.

    What can I do to get my cursor to move how I want it?

    submitted by /u/DRIESASTER
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about Switching

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Does anyone have Outlook? How do I set up silent hours on a Mac computer

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    I've looked EVERYWHERE and all I can find is how to do it on IOS. That's great and all but I have a computer too, so how do I do it there?

    submitted by /u/TK-07
    [link] [comments]

    Using BetterTouchTool to make Mac mini controllable with Siri Remote

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    I'm using macOS Monterey, which also makes the Mac an Airplay receiver.

    A few years ago, I had this setup where I could almost fully control an iMac with my Siri Remote. I had a script that would launch or close the on-screen keyboard. But, I can't figure out how I had this working, because everything I'm trying isn't working. When I try the script, it asks me where the Keyboard viewer app is located, but I can't seem to find it.

    Also, I know I can increase the cursor size - which is helpful when I'm sitting back on the couch, but can I also change or Toggle the Display Scale as well?

    Edit: New problem I ran into as well. The max won't stay sleeping as long as the Siri Remote is paired. I'll put it to sleep, and 5 seconds later, it'll wake back up. Is there a workaround for this?

    submitted by /u/Volerikan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel