• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 4, 2021

    macOS I have no idea about this

    macOS I have no idea about this


    I have no idea about this

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Note from the Great-God-of-Postscript

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    I made a new icon for ScreenFlow

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    Will Windows 11 getting bootcamp support for M1 chips?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    As the title say will we even get Windows 11 bootcamp support for M1 chips? I feel like there might be some work being done with the release of MacOS Monterey and Windows 11 but theres no talk about it. Also Microsoft has drivers for ARM processors and performance on unoptimised applications on MacOS such as borderlands 2 is awesome, its also really good even on Parallels but I don't like Parallels and want thing running as natively as possible imagine the performance when running natively! Does anyone know anything more about this and also what do you guys think is the likelihood of something like that happening?

    submitted by /u/defalt020
    [link] [comments]

    Just realized this little detail on one of macOS's default profile picture library

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Copying many large files off an external drive to a Samba NAS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Are people comfortable using Finder for this task, or do people usually use something like rsync?

    submitted by /u/kai
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Sculpt keyboard not connecting to Mac

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    Hey! I started my day with a solid hour of my Microsoft Sculpt keyboard dropping keystrokes, or disconnecting altogether, and thought I'd share some things that I tried, or that helped, since searching for tips online (as a not super tech savvy person) was pretty difficult.

    My setup: MacBook Air (13-inch, 2018) on Big Sur, Satechi dongle connecting thru USB-C port to power supply, keyboard, mouse, and HDMI cable for 2nd screen, and the keyboard in question.

    Advice I found for similar issues (that, if you're having similar struggles, you can try, too):

    • Make sure batteries have power (I use rechargeable ones, so this was a fair point)
    • Disconnect and re-connect all the things (USB receiver, potentially the dongle it's connected to if you use one, etc)
    • Disconnect bluetooth to see if there's interference from other devices
    • Make sure there's not a metal object blocking the signal between the receiver and your keyboard
    • If on a dongle, connect it to power - Not having enough power going to the USB receiver might not let it connect
    • Something about power management configuration that I didn't get (but perhaps because it's Windows-specific, dropping here either way for those smarter than me)

    What helped me in the end: putting a literal ice pack on my dongle (really).

    Turns out, the Satechi dongle is prone to overheating, and even though it's not a particularly warm day here, it's been 3 years or so since I bought it and it's no longer the hi-tech little thing it used to be.

    Whatever works, I guess!

    PS. If you have advice for what new USB dongle I could invest in to prevent this overheating issue...

    submitted by /u/ohhiitskai
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the Only One Who Likes the Touchbar?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Hear me out here,I like touchbar. I know it is getting a lot of hate, and it was dumb when they put the escape key on it. But now…it's great! I mean honestly you can customize it how ever you want, many apps have great touchbars, and for more complicated things or just things you want quicker access to the touchbar is honestly really good. Do you like it? If not why? I am genuinely curious. Also I'm new so I didn't use a Mac without the touchbar so… that might matter

    submitted by /u/ThatGuyAagain
    [link] [comments]

    HELP - Sudden errors using Canon MP490/492 scan utility. It worked just fine on Big Sur last week, don’t know what’s happening. ❌ Error message: I don’t have permission to open the application “Canon IJScanner1” but I can’t find it anywhere. ‼️ Please, any solutions?? Captions for added info

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:37 AM PDT

    Mac OS 10.5.8 Server on a virtual machine (Vmware)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Looking to upgrade for live streaming & editing on a budget

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm looking at picking up a Mac mini for some OBS window captured live streaming and light video editing but wanted to get thoughts on a configured 2014 version vs. the m1 version out now.

    The configured 2014 has a 3 ghz dual-core core i7 w/ Intel Iris 5100 with 1GB VRAM and 16 GB of RAM. It also is $500+ cheaper than the current M1 with the extra RAM.

    I can afford either, but I don't know how to compare the processing cores so which would be better money spent?

    submitted by /u/jonathoneskel
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my modified Spotify

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    What does this icon mean?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:22 AM PDT

    Stopping JumpDesktop on Mac

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    I'm looking to do some Amazon exams online through Pearson Vue. In order for the software to run, I need Jump Desktop to not be running.

    I guess I could delete but don't want to do that. The application itself does not show as running. I even went to uncheck the box about it running at startup and after a reboot that made no difference either. Has anyone got any ideas?

    submitted by /u/phoenix_73
    [link] [comments]

    really slow media keys on magic keyboard after latest update

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    Anyone else suffers from this? When I press any of the media keys and also when I change the brightness the system responds really slow and it actually lags the whole system (it freezes).

    I've re-added them thru Bluetooth, no changes at all. I'm not sure where to look for.

    submitted by /u/mr_overhead
    [link] [comments]

    what would cause a MacBook not to print to a Mac mini's shared printer?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    as the title says. im trying to diagnose. my Mac mini has a printer hooked up and I want to be able to print wirelessly form my MacBook. my windows machines can print to it just fine... just my MacBook can't. this an issue that has persisted over many OS upgrades (since Seirra I believe) and its driving me nuts.

    Any ideas on where I can start looking to figure out what is causing this? I can see the printer just fine. bonjour sees it and I can add it, it just never prints.

    submitted by /u/MysticSmear
    [link] [comments]

    One of my single biggest complaints about macOS is the new Mail icon

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Any idea how to select the Black ‘Hello’ Screensaver? All the other colour options are available except this one. Not sure why, but it still sometimes appears as my screensaver!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    PSA: If you don't get the macOS 11.5.1 security update

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    I know it's kinda interesting as Apple said the 11.5.1 security update is to fix vulnerabilities and Mac web sites tell you to "update now, it's important update" or yada yada yada.

    A week ago when Apple released it, I wasn't aware of it. And after I was aware of it, I checked again, only to see that I don't have it. Usually Macs would lend it to you and I should've, but I nearly never skipped every version of macOS updates since awhile ago. For some random reason, the Software Update doesn't get it (maybe cause I'm in the Developer Beta update channel, maybe this issue may happen to anyone), neither running it in the terminal.

    As a last resort, I decided to download the latest macOS installer from the App Store and, spend 20 GB of storage over a minor security update. Well, only as a last resort folks.

    submitted by /u/theteleyator
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe photoshop has become totally unusable on my 2015 MacBook Air

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    Not sure what to do about this. My computer is definitely old and somewhat worn down but all other programs, streaming work fine.

    Photoshop totally slows down and freezes up my computer to an insane degree. Opening and resizing one image file will take 15 minutes. Often I'll just try opening a file and my computer will freeze. It's very frustrating because I need Adobe for work.

    submitted by /u/FollowMe22
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes hovering elements with my mouse stop working - Why?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Is it possible to open the same series of tabs in Safari with a single command?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    I usually open the same 5-6 tabs when I'm working. Wondering if there's a way to open the same series of tabs by just pressing a button.

    submitted by /u/flatfeed611
    [link] [comments]

    GTA V running more poorly than it should in Parallels.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    Basically, I recently got my new m1 8/256 Macbook Air, and I just wanted to try out GTA V on it to see what's up, since I saw many gameplays online beforehand, which all promised a 25/35 fps average on low settings/low resolution. I set up everything like they did in those videos (latest version of Parallels, 4gb ram and 4 cores for the VM, the only difference being that I used the RGL version instead of the Steam one), and my performance was more than unplayable. I tried turning off all shaders, but again, same results: on 480p, lowest settings in-game, and shaders off, I still got around 10-15 fps.

    Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Thanks for the answers in advance.

    submitted by /u/Fl00der1000
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if I delete everything in the “Caches” folder?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    What would happen if I delete everything in the

    I may or may not have deleted everything in my caches folder… is there anything important in there that I may have deleted?

    After I did this, I noticed all my apps produce NO cache it seems. There's only about 10 megabytes in there since I cleared the folder about a week ago.

    https://preview.redd.it/7pe7avf137f71.png?width=1342&format=png&auto=webp&s=2fae1a4606ae2315f06de6a8c5d374230256a1f8

    submitted by /u/BernieSandersManager
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel