• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 4, 2021

    iPad Tinkerstellar: Swift Playgrounds for Python and computational science

    iPad Tinkerstellar: Swift Playgrounds for Python and computational science


    Tinkerstellar: Swift Playgrounds for Python and computational science

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Tinkerstellar: Swift Playgrounds for Python and computational science

    Hi folks! I'm an indie app developer looking for early feedback on my new iPad app. The app is similar in concept to Apple's own Swift Playgrounds: it's a collection of interactive tutorials on coding and computational science (e.g. ML), where you can edit and run code examples straight away — no need to configure environments, download datasets, or rely on networking connection. I call these tutorials labs, and my new app is called Tinkerstellar — because you learn by tinkering with things! 😅

    Tinkerstellar is now in public beta, so feel free to join our TestFlight and play around. This first version has four labs that you can install and experiment with. They range in topics from general coding to tackling some real-world problems of computational science, such as training a neural network classifier. Tinkerstellar will be coming to App Store later this year as a free app, and all these labs will be available for free, too. You can install it on your iPad right now, just follow the link and select Join TestFlight beta:

    https://tinkerstellar.com

    https://preview.redd.it/ybz7qdlhbcf71.png?width=2048&format=png&auto=webp&s=d977b268c03d20d7b91bf051039a7b12c3067524

    https://preview.redd.it/0xil7flhbcf71.png?width=2048&format=png&auto=webp&s=f648e474accaf527cabd85bdfaad7f4517efb295

    (Mods allowed to post this, thanks again!)

    submitted by /u/navoshta
    [link] [comments]

    How beneficial is Apple Pencil for the iPad?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    First iPad is on the way, wondering about the Pencil.

    submitted by /u/brinkeguthrie
    [link] [comments]

    Screen time able to be circumvented

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    My kids found a way to bypass screen time website restrictions, and I would like to know how to put a stop to this so I can lock down their tablets again.

    Here's how I have it setup I have downtime set for 9pm-6:30am I have content restrictions set so that only allowed websites are enabled with a list of sites.

    What they can do is wait until downtime has started, then try to make go to a website they've never tried to access previously that isn't in the allowed list. They will see a message that it's downtime, but they're able to click the button at the bottom of the screen that says 1 more minute. Then the website will load.

    If I go into screen time settings and set websites to unrestricted, and then set it back to allowed sites only, it fixes the "loophole" for awhile, but then it seems like it is able to be abused again after awhile. I have the same behavior on two iPads which are both on the latest iPadOS.

    submitted by /u/smidley
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech combo touch keyboard question

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Is there a way to configure the Logitech combo touch keyboard for custom commands? For example, I would like to configure a button combo that allows me to open a new tab, paste from the clipboard into the search bar, and then run the search (similar to chrome's "paste and search" left click function).

    submitted by /u/potatomonger
    [link] [comments]

    3D for Gen 7 Pro?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    There was a post about a Blender alternative for iPad Pro but it was a year ago so I'm gonna try again. I already have full Creative Suite and can't justify $40 a month for 3D Scupltr, something I won't utilize very often but need occasionally.

    So all that to say this, with Dimension's death, is there another Blender-style 3D/Animation App that can be recommended? Forger looks nice but doesn't suit my needs as far as I can tell.

    I'm a graphic designer that wants to render packaging mock ups, create video ads/clips and maybe some animation.

    Is there anything out there? Even if it just satisfies my 3D packaging renders.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/youngliver2000
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    I've got an M1 iPad Pro and I was wondering if Dolby Vision is supported when streaming and also when downloading content at its highest quality?

    submitted by /u/KelvinBastow
    [link] [comments]

    Can I edit videos which are stored in a pendrive without copying them into internal storage?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    Also, can I save unfinished projects in the pendrive too? If not, what about finished videos?

    I am planning on using iMovie.

    submitted by /u/HipstaBarista
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Keyboard

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    I am considering the purchase of a magic keyboard for my iPad Air.

    Will I be able to use when it's on my lap like I do with my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/ApexRon
    [link] [comments]

    My M1 iPad Pro home setup

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel