• Breaking News

    Monday, August 2, 2021

    Apple iOS Is it just me or does the app library feel not as useful as it could be?

    Apple iOS Is it just me or does the app library feel not as useful as it could be?


    Is it just me or does the app library feel not as useful as it could be?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    First of all I have a lot of apps and I prefer having just one regular page on my home screen with the app library right next to it.

    The app library is supposed to offer a way to organise apps on the homescreen, but it lacks customizeablity and general intuitiveness.

    My biggest complaint is the fact that users can't reorganise folders or apps in the app library. Also folders keep rearranging making navigation even more bothersome.

    Discouraging the user from forming muscle memory for quickly finding apps and enforcing the habit of searching everything from the spotlight kinda defeats the purpose of having an organised home screen imo.

    The spotlight search is very useful, but I still want quick access to all my neatly organised folders with one swipe.

    Allowing rearranging the folders could work in addition to having the dynamic folders, such as "suggestions" or "recently added", which would stay as they are. Since apps are sorted alphabetically in the folders, I suggest allowing rearranging only the 3 app shortcuts on the folders. Or maybe add a sort button inside the folders.

    Here's what I mean by app shortcuts on the folders

    Ps. this is also a highly requested feature in the r/jailbreak community.

    submitted by /u/5thdimensionnut
    [link] [comments]

    To iOS 15 beta users: a general discussion about private relay

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    As I understand, the service is going to be bundled with the existing plans for iCloud. Since I have an Apple one plan which includes iCloud 50GB of storage I'm assuming I'll get this one as well?

    I just wanted to know how was it like using it on the beta. Don't search engines and social media companies stop track you?

    submitted by /u/vrgamr747
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking ads on iPhone ?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    hi I'm new to iPhone, and I wonder, is there an app that really blocks the ads? On my old galaxy s10 I used to use the AdGuard app and bro, it blocked every ad either on apps or on chrome pages. I've downloaded it also on my 12 pro max but sadly it's not working at all on browser pages, it's full of ads. Any idea on how to counter them annoying ads? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/koicel
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone will not open YouTube links in YouTube app

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    Currently running IPhone 11 w/ iOS 14.7.1. Today I opened a YouTube link from my messages and it opened in the chrome app. I though it was weird because YouTube links from my messages would always open in the YouTube app. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've deleted the apps shut down the phone. Anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/qwengo
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted photo showing as Places album icon

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Hi all, I recently noticed that a photo I had taken and deleted a few weeks ago is showing up as the icon for my Places album.

    I cleared my recently deleted photos (it wasn't even in there) and looked through my photo roll not finding this picture anywhere.

    I can't even seem to find it when I click on Places and look through those photos, but for whatever reason it's showing up as the icon for the Places album. I've taken several images since then so I'm a little puzzled as to why it's dead set on displaying that picture.

    I've even checked my iCloud via my pc and I do not see that image anywhere.

    Anyone have any suggestions on how to reset or change this?

    submitted by /u/Alikona_05
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar Color Shift

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Anyone use Sidecar with an iPad and notice their main monitor shift colors? Is there anyway to stop this? Tried looking in display settings but nada

    submitted by /u/jordanbelfordwsb
    [link] [comments]

    Can I download an iPhone iCloud backup to MacBook? It won’t restore to my iPhone from the cloud “server busy” or unable.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    I've tried restoring a backup to my phone ~50 times with no success(have started over, shut down, checked iOS current, etc) and am wondering if there's a way to download that iCloud backup to my Mac so I can then download that backup to my phone via MacBook? Sounds like this should be a thing. I had one success in restoring from an old backup, but I'd like to restore from my most recent backup.

    submitted by /u/lin982
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to disable the "Forgot password?" icon for screen time?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:45 AM PDT

    I am trying to cut out certain websites with screen time but I just find myself hitting the Forgot screentime password button and entering in my Apple ID to disable it so I can use them. How can I stop this?

    submitted by /u/101029948
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast app issue

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed a massive drop in functionality of the podcast app since the latest update?

    My app has been struggling to open rapidly or remember what it was last playing when the app was closed. These were never issues prior to the update.

    submitted by /u/palmettolibertypost
    [link] [comments]

    Is the edited-out part of a video eventually deleted from your phone? (iOS 14.7.1)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    If you remove part of a video by editing it in the photos app, does the removed part ever get completely deleted from your phone?

    I noticed that after editing out part of a vid you can still revert a video back to how it was by adding back the removed part, does the revert function ever go away? (Along with the chunk of video that was removed)


    [link] [comments]

    Need help with an iPad

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    I have an iPad Mini 2 on the latest version (iOS 12.5.4) and it doesn't want to install any apps, not from iTunes (PC), AppStore it's just stuck on loading screen, not even downloading it (although I can install(with many restarts) apps from the purchased list), AltStore etc.. Also the microphone doesn't work on some 3rd party apps.. I can't jailbreak it, hard resets and restarts are not helping..

    This is a problem from iOS 10 that continues to this iOS 12.5.4 version

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Phantom52347
    [link] [comments]

    iOS UK holidays are missing from the calendar from Jan 2022

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:11 AM PDT

    Have tried different links but none of them are working. US holidays are though working fine, seems again we are the poor relation in the UK 😒

    submitted by /u/Mikuka_G
    [link] [comments]

    Bookmarks safari by date

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to organize bookmarks in safari by date?

    This used to be automatic now it's alphabetical and I cannot find what I just added?

    submitted by /u/Corneliusdenise
    [link] [comments]

    Can't hear callers unless from speaker

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm really baffled with this issue. My wife's Iphone 11 Pro Max has an issue where if you call or receive a call you can't hear the caller unless you put on the speaker or use headphones but the caller can hear you.

    I do not believe this is a hardware issue because I tried something that worked briefly but stopped working after a restart, I connected the phone to my car's Bluetooth then disconnected which for some reason fixed the problem and thought thats it, however after restart it stopped working and tried the solution again and again but to no avail.

    I tried all of these:

    1- Reset settings 2- Disabled noise cancelling in Accessibility 3- Enabled hearing aid devices (I believe that was the name) in Accessibility 4- Restarted the phone hundred of times including hard restart 5- Updated to the latest iOS 6- No Bluetooth device is connected and Bluetooth is disabled 7- Connected to several Bluetooth devices and then disconnected (Including the car) 8- Silent button is not turned on 9- The volume all the way up or down

    I'm not sure what else can I do and I do not want to send it for repair.

    Any advise?

    submitted by /u/moodim
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast Episodes Still Downloading After Disabling Automatic Downloades Everywhere

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    My Apple Podcasts app still downloads episodes, even though - I unchecked automatic downloads in the app settings and - I unchecked automatic downloads in the settings for every single show I'm following (that was quite some work).

    Am I really the only one who follows a ton of shows but listens only to those episodes which seem interesting after reading the description? Automatic downloading would fill up my storage in no time.

    submitted by /u/isbtegsm
    [link] [comments]

    Need help to create Apple ID for iPhone 4. Can i create account through iTunes on PC?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    Hi, i've found relative's old working iPhone 4 16 GB.

    I want to create Apple ID on this device. I assume most apps doesn't support iOS 7 anymore.

    But, some apps does support iOS 7 and i want to create account but when i enter everything that account needs it wants me to contact iTunes support when i enter my payment info. I've tried all but not working.

    I've currently have my iPhone connected to my PC and luckily iTunes detected the device.

    Can i create account through iTunes on PC?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Caryelah
    [link] [comments]

    All of my files in "documents" and "desktop" are deleted. They are still on iCloud but completely gone on the local machine. Why would that happen?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    I just saw that randomly all of my files are gone. I have no idea why. My biggest question, for now, is how I prevent them from being deleted also within iCloud. I mean if I delete a file locally it will at some point also be deleted in iCloud right?

    Why did this happen and what should I do now?

    submitted by /u/VLADIMIROVIC_L
    [link] [comments]

    Battery health drain - how could I make it drain faster?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:41 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I read that AppleCare+ covers a free battery replacement if the % is under 80, how could I absolutely destroy my battery health? My coverage ends December of this year so I would like to do it as fast as possible. I am on an iPhone 11, 14.7. It's at 86% right now

    submitted by /u/ThePersonWhoReplies
    [link] [comments]

    No scrolling screenshot - iPhone XR

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    Hello everybody,

    I'm having a very annoying issue with my iPhone XR: I can't figure out how to make a scrolling screenshot. I take a screenshot on Safari, but when I go to the editing screen there's no full page option. I know how to do it, since I've just done it with my wife's iPhone, but it doesn't work on mine.

    Is there a setting I've missed? Something that would prevent this to work?

    Thanks!

    Edit to clarify that it doesn't work with Safari.

    submitted by /u/Gwouigwoui
    [link] [comments]

    For how many more years do you think apple will keep including all old devices in updates ?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    For how many more years do you think apple will keep including all old devices in updates ?

    3 years strong so far. I bet nobody expected that. (Sorry if this counts as low effort I just think it's super important to discuss. I was going to do a poll but there's no feature for that, and this isn't a hardware support "issue" it's just a discussion)

    https://preview.redd.it/q5wxwz1n3xe71.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=26e9bf43170dd74758ee47132b5719c188aaa1f8

    submitted by /u/kobithedragon
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any website/software that allows me to be able to video call in a browser?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    I was hoping to be able to video call my friends on a chrome app browser ios, as I only have access to that at this moment in time. Any websites that provide a video call option?

    submitted by /u/fangernater
    [link] [comments]

    Switching to iphone for good. How can safely transfer my WhatsApp chats from Android to iphone?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    ľ'd be getting the new iphone 12s/13 that's coming out next month. Never been this excited. But I am concerned about losing my whatsapp chat to the transfer. There is no official way to switch between platforms. Android back-up is stored on Google drive and backup is on iCloud. There are some paid softwares available which claim to do that job but don't know how reliable they are. Has anyone used them before? How do I go about this

    submitted by /u/prodveer
    [link] [comments]

    iOS device without LiDAR capabilities question

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    Is there a way to create a 3D reconstruction of a room using Swift or Objective-C without LiDAR ? Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated to help achieve this.

    submitted by /u/ChainOk7527
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel