• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 29, 2021

    Apple Help Should I repair or just hide the broken back glass for my iPhone 12? How would I even hide it around the camera area?

    Apple Help Should I repair or just hide the broken back glass for my iPhone 12? How would I even hide it around the camera area?


    Should I repair or just hide the broken back glass for my iPhone 12? How would I even hide it around the camera area?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    This happened while my girlfriend is doing some Premiere pro work. It's still happening as of right now. Does anyone who what's the cause and what's the fix? (Macbook pro 2017)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    WWYD Question: Water spill on a Macbook.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    So I've had this MBP for 2.5 years never been stupid to handle water near it. Until now, idiotic that's on me. Now, onto business. Amount of water spilled would probablly be about 3mL of water and almost all of that hit the side of the laptop hitting the headphone jack and USB-C. I didn't see the water spill, but the speakers went out. Maybe a few splashes hit the speaker. I ran my finger along the speaker and felt some moisture. The laptop was fine, just the speakers went out. Laptop shut down now. If I turn it on, and the speakers work fine. Should I still take it to Apple. With the pandemic. I'm looking at Genius bar mid-week, certified apple center the next day. Who is better to go to with this sort of a problem? I have 6 months on Applecare+.

    I was at the Genius bar two days ago, regarding an overheating problem, and screen defect on the right side. I was told the screen, battery, keyboard would be replaced free.

    Should I go to them about this, even if the MBP is working fine. When the open it up to do the other repairs will it be obvious there is some water damage? And will it void the coverage for the rest, if this water damage was not originally reported?

    submitted by /u/Venazzo
    [link] [comments]

    Mac just started doing this randomly. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    iPad - MacBook Safari website sharing

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    On my iPad in safari, after you select the alltabs overlapping squares in the top right. Towards the bottom of the screen It shows webpages open on my MacBook. One of the webpages shown isn't currently open on my MacBook and when I try to close it from the mentioned list on my iPad, it just reappears.

    Does anyone know how fix this?

    submitted by /u/Laconic9
    [link] [comments]

    Which configuration of the M1 MacBook should I get?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    My current laptop is an aging Lenovo TS 460s, and I am in need of a replacement rather soon. I'm considering the new M1 MacBooks, but I am at a loss at which of the two to buy, and whether or not I should spend the extra money to upgrade the memory from 8GB to 16GB.

    This laptop will primarily be used as a productivity machine, long hours of browsing the internet, creating and editing documents, and the occasional video playback. When browsing though, I do tend to open a fairly large (but not ludicrously so) number of tabs.

    However, I am learning to program as well. Although the simple programs I create now could not tax the hardware too much, I intend to own the laptop for at least four to five years; by then I will likely be working on much more complex software, where compilation times and other such metrics become relevant.

    I also may occasionally need to perform moderate photo and video editing. I have a limited amount of experience doing these things, so I couldn't tell y'all what software I'd use, or at what resolutions or frame rates I'd be working with.

    I am not buying this computer as a gaming machine, but the ability to play some games occasionally would be a great plus. I also would like to experiment with running Windows games and other Windows only applications using tools like Parallels and Crossover, though I understand the limitations of doing so on an M1 Mac.

    I will often work in brightly lit environments and sometimes even outdoors, so good screen brightness is important to me.

    So, should I consider getting the M1 MacBook Air for its much lower cost, smaller weight, physical function keys (which I prefer), and lack of a fan that can break or become clogged over time, or would I be better served by the M1 MacBook Pro, with its somewhat better screen brightness, longer battery life, active cooling system to prevent thermal throttling, and the potential utility of the Touchbar?

    And should I stay with the 8GB of memory standard with either of the Air or Pro, or spend the extra $200 on the 16GB to insure reliable performance throughout the life of the laptop? And if I get the Air, is the 8-core GPU a worthy upgrade as well?

    Many thanks in advance for any advice y'all can give!

    Bonus question: Before I commit on a purchase, are there any $1000-$1600 USD Windows alternatives with strong productivity performance, good battery life, and metal chassis (or at least good plastic) I should consider instead?

    submitted by /u/maalik999
    [link] [comments]

    Messages will not allow texts to stay deleted

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Text messages I delete from Messages will not stay deleted. This is a 2020 M1 MacBook Air running OS 11.5.2. No matter how many times I delete the messages/conversations, within a few minutes (especially after waking from sleep) they all repopulate, and some of the ones that were read even appear as unread. This is not happening on my iPhone or iPad -- just the Mac. I have read all the support articles I could find, did a support chat with Apple which did zero (the support person seemed not even to understand what the Messages app was). Does anyone know what the actual fix is for this? I've tried everything that makes sense to me.

    submitted by /u/sporifix
    [link] [comments]

    If I 'disable and delete' icloud photos on my iphone will it delete the photos on my iphone camera roll?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is a stupid question. My guess is that it won't, but I'm paranoid about losing my photos.

    Basically, will 'disable and delete' delete the photos from my iPhone's camera roll as well?

    submitted by /u/amlewa
    [link] [comments]

    Home pod in a dark room, give off any light

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    I want to use it as an alarm clock, can anyone recommend?

    submitted by /u/fjosmjdifjfndush
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve tried to reset my iMac mid-2011, but it didn’t work as well… So I’ve been looking for hours to find how to reset it properly, but I found a bad tutorial and it’s stock on that screen, so I can’t open it now! Please h3lp me!!

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Linked iPad and iPhone, but the iPad has clogged up the iCloud storage. What's the best thing I can do?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    I use an iPad for school that's hooked up to the same Apple ID my iPhone is on. All the photos I've taken on the iPad over the years have clogged up my iCloud storage though, and It makes sharing things between the two devices difficult.

    I'm worried that if I go into my iPad and manually delete all images it will also delete all the images that have already been saved to the cloud and/or are shared with my phone. Is there some way to delete all images off of my iPad without permanently deleting the images shared between it and my iPhone?

    Is it a better idea to just completely wipe/factory reset the iPad? (I have some other games saved on the iPad who's data hasn't been shared with my phone, I assume because of the iCloud storage being full. I would be willing to factory reset the iPad if there was some way to merge that data to my iPhone first. If I can't, I may do it anyways as a last-resort.)

    Also posted to r/apple 's daily questions thread

    submitted by /u/AGreenWind
    [link] [comments]

    Email address was misused by someone as an Apple ID

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    I just discovered that someone used one of my not-so-active Gmail addresses to sign up with Apple as an Apple ID on August 4, 2021. I didn't notice it because the original emails from Apple after the initial signup ended up in Spam as they are in Vietnamese. I live in Canada and I have no understanding of Vietnamese.

    The user who created the Apple ID did not turn on MFA for the Apple ID account. I tried resetting the password and I was successful. However, I cannot go any further because I do not know the answers to any of the Security Questions, and attempts to trying to reset the questions did not work.

    I have had this Gmail address since August 2004. I wonder what else I can do? I don't need this Apple ID. Who do I contact to have this Apple ID permanently disabled?

    submitted by /u/chrishch
    [link] [comments]

    Resetting Mac to sell; stuck on this screen

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    m.2 nvme bus powered drive as Time Machine drive?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Hey, Can I use a m.2 nvme bus-powered enclosure drive as my Time Machine backup disk? I will be using with a 2010 Macbook (white 13") and 2021 Macbook Air(M1) Enclosure kit comes with USB-A & usb-C. I want to backup 2010 Macbook then copy to 2021 Macbook Air.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/aPerson39001C9
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Gen 2 sound worse on iPhone 12 than Macbook Air (2019)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I have a good amount of songs downloaded to my iTunes library in Apple Lossless format (mostly 800+ kbps), and they sound really good on my 2019 MacBook Air but they sound compressed and worse on my iPhone 12. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I have the convert higher bitrate option off in Finder.

    submitted by /u/BodenLaman06
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple ID is acting up, it says I have to update my Apple ID settings with the email that I don’t use for my Apple ID anymore

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    Hey, it's a school night, and this thing is stressing me out. I just removed my old email that I don't use anymore on my Apple ID, and I added my new one. Now there's that stupid annoying notification badge on my Settings app that says "Update Apple ID Settings" and then "Some account services require you to sign in again". But when I try to sign in when I hit continue, it tells me to enter my old email, when I hit forgot password and try to reset, it says the email isn't in use anymore. I don't need to reset the password for my new email. And that darn notification badge is stuck on my settings. I'm on iOS 14.7.1, and it says that's up to date.

    submitted by /u/MisterSunnySky
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to reset macbook but keep my profile

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Title. I'm looking to clear away all my applications/downloads/files/etc. but keeping my profile. Is there any way of doing this (instead of manual deletion or something of that nature)?

    submitted by /u/dzyang
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if I’m blocked on iMessage?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    I recently texted my roommate over an issue and I realized none of the texts I've sent her have read or delivered receipts, but they do when I text other people. Did she block me?

    Edit: I was blocked :/

    submitted by /u/Familiar_Leather
    [link] [comments]

    Unable To Download Item

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    EDIT: I solved the problem by updating the IOS, thanks for anyone who looked and responded, many thanks!

    Hi all, this just happened and if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

    iPhone 6 - iOS 12.5.4

    Basically my phone died mid-conversation (I know my fault) and after recharging every app (except for discord) pops up an 'Unable to Download Item' popup. I have the 'Google Authenticator' app and that is what I really reaaaally need to get back, although....things aren't looking great

    I checked out a video that dealt with this issue and did the following as well-I've signed out of apple id - signed back in-I have enough storage-Restarted the phone-Turned off wifi - tried using data-Cleared the app store cache-Reset all settings

    If there's nothing I can personally do does anyone know of any services or if Google or Apple themselves can be contacted for help?

    Thanks a lot for any help, much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AstronautTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to get Apple Music working, is this anything I should worry about? (Like what does this do )

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Replacement 16 inch MacBook Pro acting up.. please.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    So I recently got a 16inch MacBook Pro as a replacement for my 2017 15 inch after multiple repairs. Apple has claimed this as a New machine but I'm not sure. some things have been going on and I'm not sure if it's because I have high anxiety that I'm seeing issues were there are none.

    1. it gets hot when connected to an external monitor. I'm talking really, really hot. at the Touch Bar until half way down the keyboard. normal monitor, not a 4k or anything like that. just a 22inch HD.
    2. it also got hot when I connected my phone and plugged in the charger, this has only happened once though.
    3. I logged onto google docs and opened a blank document. it started lagging bad and I got a message saying that the page was using a lot of memory and that my Mac would be more responsive if I closed the page. I really don't understand how google docs could take up so much resources on a MacBook Pro, surely this is ridiculous?
    4. I got his laptop on the 24th of August. I have one program on it that isn't one of the come-with built in Mac apps. I have almost 10GB in 'other' and some of the .dmg files in other were created in July. if this is a new machine should their be files this early in it?
    submitted by /u/Mackymcmcmac
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my Preview bookmarks always take me 17 pages further forward than I placed them??

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    iPhone XS overheating and performance issues

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit,

    So 6 months ago, I got a refurbished iPhone XS (from a reputable website). It had 93% battery health (now 90), and was in mint condition externally.

    However, it's been a few weeks now since I've started getting overheating issues. After moderate use (FaceTime/Discord calls/Waze), my phone starts overheating, becoming noticeably hotter to the touch, to the point where it starts lagging.

    I ran Geekbench 5, and found out that when my phone is cold, I get unusually low multi-core scores (2100, when it should be 2500).

    Anyone had similar issues? Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/FibrousGalaxy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to "Review Downloaded Videos" other than Settings?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:35 PM PDT

    I'm trying to free up space on my Iphone. I see there is a "Review Downloaded Videos" menu in the Iphone Storage menu of settings. It says I can save up to 18.01 GB, great! The problem is that whenever I try to tap it, my screen freezes and the settings app crashes. Is there any other way to clear this? I have Imazing but I dunno a way to do it on that. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sergeant_Chubbs
    [link] [comments]

    Another device able to send and receive iMessages from my number

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Looking for advice! This morning, my mom started getting my iMessages and we realized she could respond to people as if it were me. We discovered that under the messages tab in settings, both my number and her number are listed to be able to send and receive from. We have two seperate iCloud accounts, and we never shared one. She was able to uncheck my number to turn this off, but she could check it again at any time without any sort of notice on my end. Does anyone know how/why this happened? How do I get the option to send and receive from my number off of her phone? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/user24568
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel