• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Apple Help For some reason, i cant downgrade back to the 5gb option. any reason why?

    Apple Help For some reason, i cant downgrade back to the 5gb option. any reason why?


    For some reason, i cant downgrade back to the 5gb option. any reason why?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    what is wrong with my MacBook pro screen?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    Uhm, wtf? My iPad is having background usage for camera overnight and my iPhone is having background usage in Reddit overnight. Is this just a glitch or a virus.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    i've wiped the Mac and still 194gbs being used, anyone know how to remove this?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    iPhone froze during reset, error 14 came up and said iPhone could not be restored. I just want it out of my hair

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    New phone was stolen, can I upgrade Apple Care to get it back?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    An iPhone SE that I bought less than two months ago was stolen last weekend, and I don't have the theft and loss apple care plan. When I went to the apple store, I was told that my only option is to call Apple Care and try to upgrade my plan.

    Would this work? My phone is in lost mode, could the Apple Care people tell?

    submitted by /u/barrie2k
    [link] [comments]

    What is happening to my Mac?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    So lately, I've been having progressively worse issues. It's a 2015 iMac. Will put specs below just incase.

    Started with some BigSur issues, with the system just randomly freezing and restarting like 10 times a day. That thankfully stopped with the update.

    I've filled up my hard drive a few times, but right now I've got about 162gb of hd space. But I keep getting errors in Photoshop that my disk is full. Mail is telling me it can't save information because the disk is full. And a few various other disk errors that I can't recall atm. Though there does seem to be space? Just concerned about potential hard drive failure. OS is up to date.

    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i732 GB 1600 MHz DDR3AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB

    Thanks!

    *Edit* All of it randomly beings working again after not too long. For instance, Mail has already gotten back to working normally since posting this 7 minutes ago. That somehow makes it more scary...

    submitted by /u/Positive-Ad-8837
    [link] [comments]

    MACBOOK 2012 SSD UPGRADE ISSUES

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    Hello I have a mid2012 macbook pro. I recently upgraded the harddrive to a SSD as well as upgrading the RAM. Laptop was working great for a month but then eventually crashed. I wiped the SSD and then cloned it again thinking that would work. It did for about a day or two until it would crash and ask for me to press any key to reboot. It would reboot and work for a bit but still lead to the reboot prompt....anyways this continued and just would eventually crash. Now whenever I try to turn on my laptop the progress bar never goes all the way across and crashes. When I try to boot in recovery mode the computer gives me a "-6002F" error code. Is this a problem with my motherboard? I hear the hard drive cables themselves are easy to damage? The SSD works i believe because I can still see and access all my information when I connect it as an external to another macbook.

    PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

    submitted by /u/ghettoeblaster
    [link] [comments]

    Can't receive @icloud.com mails since creating an alias

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    This is the response in my Mail app:

    "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

    The server response was: <unknown\[47.241.245.161\]>: Client host rejected: Access denied

    Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent."

    Neither my original icloud.com address nor my alias can send e-mails from the Mail app.

    Mind you there is no problem in sending and receiving mails from both accounts on my iPhone Mail app.

    Do you have any advice?

    submitted by /u/notgrandiloquent
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone keeps declining my debit card

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 8+ and I try putting my card into my phone so I can monitor things easier and all that but it keeps declining, I know the card is fine because I recently used it successfully on a different device, I've deleted it and put in the info but it hasn't worked I didn't have any cards saved in safari and I've tried doing different things and nothing seems to work if anyone knows how to fix this please help it's very frustrating

    submitted by /u/takashi1011
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is charging $300 for AirPods Pro Replacement

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    I'm fuming right now as I was charged $300 (more than the cost of the product) for a mistake on Apple's end.

    I recently purchase AirPods Pro during the Prime Day Sale. Under 30 days, they were having connectivity issues, and I requested a replacement. Amazon redirected me to Apple Support, and from here, my experience went downhill.

    Firstly, the staff seemed very unprepared for my questions. After some back and forth, they agreed to replace my AirPods Pro as I had purchased AppleCare for them. I was given a link to place a standard credit card hold for the duration of the replacement period (sending the original buds in, getting the new buds).

    ALSO, they refused to provide me with a tracking label for the replacement over 2 separate calls. They offered vague promises that the replacement would be arriving soon. In a follow-up call, Apple gave me a date of July 22 but again didn't provide me with a tracking label. When the replacement didn't arrive, I called again and was provided ONE tracking label. The next day, that replacement (Right + Left Buds) came through FedEx. I placed them in the original charging case, and they connected to my devices. Once they started working, I didn't think much of it and was planning to return my original buds which had a return window until August 4.

    NOW, as I opened the Apple Support website to grab the return labels, the page was populated with TWO return labels for the two buds AND the charging case. On further checking, there was another tracking number(which was never provided to me) for a delivery of a replacement charging case. (which supposedly arrived a day after the initial delivery)

    I live in an apartment and I was home during the time of this supposed second delivery. However, I was never notified (delivery instructions include ringing the bell for handoff) during this supposed delivery. On contacting Apple, they said they can't do anything and that they going to charge me $300 because it is after the FedEx claim filing period. (but still within the return window that was provided to me by Apple).

    tl;dr

    1. I was NEVER made aware that I would be receiving two separate packages
    2. I was provided 1 tracking label and the replacement buds solved my problem
    3. Apple is charging me $300 for a charging case that I never received

    What are my options? I'm a student and I can't pay $500 in total for these Airpods.

    submitted by /u/vroxinator
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing album for group

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    Is there an easy way purchase a particular album for a group of people? We don't want to do gift cards as they can be used for anything. We're looking to buy a particular album for a group of 50-60 people. Is there a way to do this?

    submitted by /u/OttawaNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with MacBook Pro fan

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Hi, I dropped my laptop and now the fan is noticeably louder, I ran through diagnostics and I've gotten a PPF004 meaning there's an issue with the fan. Can I fix this at home?

    submitted by /u/fruiterloopers
    [link] [comments]

    Restore Mail from Time Machine

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    Had a customer whose Macbook crashed after the migration from Catalina to BigSur 11.2.3. He restored the most recent backup from Time Machine, but the Mail did not come with it. The Mail folder in ~/Library is basically new or fresh with no saved folders or messages.

    Tried to manually go find the Mail by entering through Time Machine, but it does not allow me to see the hidden Library folder in his user directory.

    I know it's all in ... there but cannot figure out how to get to it. Confirmed by launching terminal directly in his user folder on the Time Machine hard disk. After sudo su, I could get in the /Library/Mail/V6 folder and see all the old mail data.

    Tried to find a way to enter the Time Machine from the latest Mail app, and it does not appear possible. I seen Import Mail option, and tried pointing that at his User folder on the Time Machine hd, but it just churns and churns forever.

    How can I cleanly restore the saved mail from that Time Machine hd?

    submitted by /u/stefanzman
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 12 Pro Significantly Higher "Other" Storage Compared to iPhone 11?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    I just got an iPhone 12 Pro and transferred everything from my iPhone 11 to the 12 Pro. They have the same apps, photos, videos, etc.

    However, the "Other" storage has grown immensely. My iPhone 11 had minimum "Other" storage while my iPhone 12 Pro somehow has 32.9 gigs of "Other" storage? Is there a way to cut it down? I don't understand how swapping from the iPhone 11 to 12 Pro increases Other storage that much.

    The iPhone 12 Pro is running iOS 14.7.1

    submitted by /u/IshAv123
    [link] [comments]

    Just got new macbook having issues with full screen

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    So I use discord a lot for meetings and classes and I screenshare youtube videos in full screen but whenever you do go full screen in safari it just says "click to exit fullscreen" and my video call participants cannot see my screen aside from a blurred safari webpage.

    My understanding is that going full screen creates a new "space" so screenshare programs dont detect the full screen as something it can share. Is there a way I can prevent safari from creating a new space for full screen to avoid my screen being blurred out?

    submitted by /u/RoyalAmin
    [link] [comments]

    Photo importing

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    I have all my photos on my laptop sorted by date. When I import them to my new iPhone, they get randomized. How can I import photos while keeping their date property?

    submitted by /u/LeyLey00
    [link] [comments]

    Text messages sending to my iPad but not my phone?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    So, I have a Samsung galaxy phone, but I have an iPad Air newest edition. I sent a message to my friend on her iPhone via imessage on my iPad. It changed her texts to imessage from it previously being green (me having android), but now when she texts, I only get them on my iPad and not my phone. Any idea how to fix this??? Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/Tillygenn
    [link] [comments]

    Need to reset AirPods (Gen 1) every time

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Hey, since 2 days I always have to reset my AirPods before I can reconnect them (hold down the button at the back for like 15sec till it flashes orange). After I put the AirPods back into the case and then open the case a message on my iPhone appears with „not your AirPods" (every time). If I then (like advised) press the button for a short time it says connecting and then a Red Cross appears. I always have to completely reset them to be able to use them (Every time I want to). Any ideas how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/snoopsy31
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden Iphone 7 problem

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Yesterday my iPhone 7s battery died. I put it on the charger and when it came back on my battery's percentage would not show. It also never showed the charging symbol despite it being plugged into and outlet. On top of that my cellular signal just stopped working at all. It's stuck in "searching".
    I already tried network rest, restarting, and hard formatting. I also already had it serviced for the antenna. It didn't collide with anything at all and was never dropped. Still nothing. Any help at this point would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MugenZeta
    [link] [comments]

    Some clarification on an app

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    I want to get Apollo but I have several devices. I saw their in-app purchases and for lifetime pro it's 30 bucks. Do I need pro? Will it work fine without spending any money? Will I have those awful full screen ads if I use the free version? If you buy it once will it work on all devices? Is this just a web version? Thanks for any information anyone can give me. :)

    submitted by /u/encryptive
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable another apple device attached to my iCloud account

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    Me and my now ex boyfriend shared my iCloud account. I want to get him off my iCloud now so he can't have any of the photos (very personal and intimate photos) so he can't show anyone else. Cause I don't know if he'll try to use these photos against me for anything.

    submitted by /u/Pizza-beer-weed
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turnoff desktop notifications from Apple?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    I get Apple promotional "news" items as notifications on my MacBook Air. I'm running macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I know how to turn off notifications for specific apps, but this looks like it's a notification from Apple itself and doesn't come from a specific app. Clicking on the notification brings me to the Apple website with the "news" item. For example, today was "Student IDs on iPhone and Apple Watch expand to Canada and more US universities". TIA!

    submitted by /u/australianmullet
    [link] [comments]

    How to decrease next backup size

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    I have disabled almost everything from iCloud but it still say the next backup will take more than 5 gb? Is there anyway to decrease it?

    submitted by /u/Additional-Ad-9670
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro not charging

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    Hi, my MacBook Pro has been working normally until this evening when I went to charge it and it didn't charge, I've tried multiple different sockets and charges and no luck. It was no run out of battery and the charge battery screen has stopped appearing. Does anyone know any fixes? Would really appreciate help as I have not done anything to cause the MacBook to break. Many thanks

    submitted by /u/stevenschristian
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel