• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 28, 2021

    Apple Help Got this iPhone6plus from my mom as a birthday present, but the problem is that everytime i try to put touch id on it, it doesn't work, look at video.

    Apple Help Got this iPhone6plus from my mom as a birthday present, but the problem is that everytime i try to put touch id on it, it doesn't work, look at video.


    Got this iPhone6plus from my mom as a birthday present, but the problem is that everytime i try to put touch id on it, it doesn't work, look at video.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Can you downgrade monthly AppleCare+ coverage

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I want to sign up for AppleCare+ with loss/theft coverage on a new iPhone 12 mini. But after say a year I want to drop that coverage and go with just the regular AppleCare+. Would this be possible? I recently went through the process of cancelling/refunding a paid upfront AppleCare+ on a different phone and I saw a warning about not being able to get AppleCare+ again on this phone. So I'm wondering if the same applies to monthly and if this would be an issue switching coverage levels. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lovezelda
    [link] [comments]

    I can download new apps but can’t update apps.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    Every app I owe money on has been gone. They've all changed my card and saw no money was on there. I can't upgrade apps I have like bumble or choices :(

    submitted by /u/PLUSsignenergy
    [link] [comments]

    Intel iMac Factory Reset, what is this Preboot? How do I go about?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm resetting my iMac 2017 model (intel, which was on Big Sur) I noticed a red preboot portion on a disk, what it this? I erased macintosh HD and fully removed the MACINTOSH HD DATA . Can I just go on to reinstall macos? Or do I have to address any of the disks, base system etc. also I noticed the Mac got super slow with my cursor and load speeds after I deleted the HD and HD data.im typing this out on the safari of recovery mode.

    it basically looks like this

    Disk Images Apple disk image media - container disk3 77.8MB of it is in red data, says its preboot. - macOSbase system


    [link] [comments]

    Missing tracks in iTunes. Where did it go? The track used to be there.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Apple Extreme as extender

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    I was looking to setup my old Airport extreme as an extender to my ATT network. I was able to connect the extreme via ethernet and used instructions below to setup as roaming network.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204616

    The light on my router is solid green. How do I confirm that I successfully extended my network ? I also see a "Hidden Network" SSID . I am assuming this is the wifi from the Apple router , which only I can see?

    submitted by /u/ramadz
    [link] [comments]

    mac virus problem

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    I think my mac got a virus, as things run extremely slow, and my keyboard types slowly and oftern stops and re-types the characters, sometimes not typing at all, and I searched up WindowServer mac slow, and they told me to check for viruses using antivirus checker and I did and nothing showed up what do I do to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/vindicatorraccoon
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp bootable drive to use on a PC

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Hello fellow redditors,

    A couple of months ago I have created a bootable Bootcamp SSD drive to run Windows on my Mac. Today, my neighbour decided to donate his old PC to me, except for the hard drive that used to run the machine. Therefore, I would like to ask, whether it would be possible to run the PC with the Bootcamp external drive on this PC and if so, would it work, considering the drivers that are most likely not compatible with the internals of the PC. I know that there is an option to run the windows on an external drive, but only in case if BIOS supports USB bootable drives. Has anyone ever experienced anything like that? Or Bootcamp drives could only be launched on the Apple machines?

    Thank you for your time! Have a wonderful day!

    submitted by /u/FastFoodFlow
    [link] [comments]

    How do I block mobile hotspot on an iPad?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    Can I block mobile hotspot on iPads and other parental controls that have to do with data usage without using the internet provider or paying for a separate app? (Unless there's a one time fee app I need to do this to 14 iPads)

    For context these are business iPads and we didn't expect a problem but an employee misused one costing the company 3x the average bill.

    submitted by /u/kms1410
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to automatically save the photos I take with the camera to a default folder?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    These pics can only be found in the Recents folder and it's kind of a bother having to transfer all of them to a separate folder each time.

    submitted by /u/christineiscool
    [link] [comments]

    Move to ios app error. I'm trying to transfer text messages from android to iphone 11 but keep getting this error. Does anyone have a solution? Or alternative way to transfer the messages?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any pictures of how the library of a new macbook should look like ??? is that I want to have many things installed on my mac and I would like to know what I can delete and what I can't

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Apple apple id account recovery system

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    Hi everyone

    Basically I'm looking for someone to help me out.

    I'm after buying an iPhone 11 and I tried to set it up with my old apple id account but it didn't work. I haven't used the account in roughly 6 to 7 years so I kind of get that some sort of process has probably taken place to secure my inactive account.

    I tried resetting my apple id but have to wait 14 days for it to reset. I don't mind waiting, I get it, it's for security purposes.

    I just want to know what happens after the 14 days. Will an apple rep call me with the password reset for my apple id account? Will I need to give more info? Or am I screwed? Should I just create a new account (would this require a new phone number and email address?)

    Any advice would be appreciated

    Edit: I still have access to the original email address and phone number of my old apple id account if that makes a difference, as well as all the security questions, original first time password (which I thought was still the password for the account) and the original iPhone 5c I used the account on. (though I have no idea if the phone will turn on or not) I'm hoping things will be plane sailing in 2 weeks time....

    submitted by /u/Tight-Log
    [link] [comments]

    Evenly spaced white dots on iPad Pro

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I just noticed some evenly spaced white dots on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro of my wife. She says it has been there for a week or so, but thought it was a feature. As we can´t seem to turn these dots off or find any information about it, we now think it might be an issue. Even when updating the iPad to the latest version, these dots are still visible (but less bright compared to normal use). See the pictures to see how it looks. Do you guys have any suggestions or (hopefully) some quick fixes?

    Normal operation

    submitted by /u/Smooning
    [link] [comments]

    In dire need of assistance

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, as the title says I am in dire need of help right now. A couple days ago I sold my Apple Watch Series 3 to someone and before doing so I had unpaired the watch from my Phone and reset it (assuming that would make it able to pair to another phone) couple hours later I get a message from the buyer saying that the Watch is still linked to my iCloud account and therefore locked. So I logged onto my iCloud online and removed the watch from my iCloud account completely but apparently the watch is still locked? I looked at the Apple website forum for selling watches (which I should've done this before selling it) and it says you're supposed to turn off Activation lock before unpairing and resetting. The alternate option if the watch is already unpaired is to sign into your iCloud and remove the device, which I did. Im confused as to why the watch is still locked, any and all help would be great. Thank you!

    Edit: This is the website I looked at. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205009

    submitted by /u/quachii6
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Complaint/Feedback

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    Hello people,

    I have a request for you. I recently switched to an iPhone 12 from Android as I really like Apple devices and already work with a MacBook.

    Now I find it ironic that Apple advertises their great camera all the time and still has one of the worst photo sorting features out there.

    The Camera roll is an absolute MESS. Screenshots I between of selfies, downloads and WhatsApp pictures. You can't find a single image. Then you can't really sort them manually. Why is it not possible to move an image into an Album and make it so it's only visible in that said album as I moved it there. This is absolutely horrible and prevents me from recommending switching to Apple of you like to sort your photos.

    So please can as many of you make a Feedback post in the Apple Feedback app about this so they hopefully change it in the future with a big ios update

    submitted by /u/Uberdriver_janis
    [link] [comments]

    Find My draining my battery overnight

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    I bought a AirTag recently and ever since, my iPhone has been dying over night. When looking at the battery usage, the "Find My" app is running in the background all night long and draining the battery until it dies.

    Is there a way to fix this without getting rid of the AirTag?

    I am using an iPhone SE 2020 and iOS 14.7.1.

    submitted by /u/Deikiell
    [link] [comments]

    Hi Everyone here. I'm setting up a new Macbook Air and it stucks at Apply Pay setup. What should I do? I neither can click decline or accept.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    Activation not working

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    so a long time ago i deleted the apple id and my ipad was still in it and then i uses 3utools to deactivate the ipad but i need to activate it with the deleted apple id... please help someone im streassed about my ipad

    submitted by /u/knixle2
    [link] [comments]

    Will erasing the contents of an old phone have any effect on the new one?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Recently my parents got new phones (iPhone 12 minis) and I've transferred the data from their old phones to their new ones. To complete the exchange we now have to erase the old phones and turn them in, will this hurt the data on the new phones in any way? This may be a bit of a dumb question, but I just want to be absolutely sure before erasing them. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kirishimidoriya
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Music Transfer

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    I need help... I no longer have an iPod so I'm using this random MP3 player I found on Amazon. Anyways, I drag and drop all of my music (which is with the correct cover art, disc #, tracklist, and names), and on the player itself it's all jumbled and with original artwork and out of order. How can I successfully "Sync" all of my music from my iTunes library to this MP3 player where it'll actually be accurate and easy to use?

    PS: It's a lot of music and it going by each track with some program one by one to edit the metadata and stuff like that is my only option then kmn because that isn't about to happen! xD

    submitted by /u/howyouuudoooin
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use the Mac Photo app to import photos that were synced from my Mac?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    Sorry for the noob question,

    Recently I synced all my photos from my Mac onto my iPhone (iOS 14), and i deleted all of the photos from my Mac, so they are only in my iPhone's 'From My Mac' album.

    Can i use the Mac's Photos app to reimport all of these photos back to my Mac?

    submitted by /u/EccentricEgotist
    [link] [comments]

    Download all songs from iTunes into Music

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    I did a full reinstall of Big Sur on my Mac. I am trying to download all the music I bought from iTunes into Music. The only option I can find is iTunes/Purchased and to download album by album. I want to download all of them and this is very tedious. Is there another way?

    submitted by /u/brandtgregor
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to access the data on a dead MacBook Air?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    I purchased a 2012 MacBook Air from Facebook a couple of years ago and the other day it didn't show that it was charging and it did not turn on. Long story short I took it to the Apple Store they said that it would be $480 for an out of warranty possible repair and I am not willing to do that since a new machine costs about twice as much however I would like to remove my data from this laptop does anyone know anyway I can extract the information that's on my MacBook Air that is not turning on?

    submitted by /u/bvzxh
    [link] [comments]

    Message type changes when texting android device

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    You can use MMS via phone number and iMessage via email. When I recieved a text from and android phone via MMS and I tried to reply it switched the type to iMessage, as the person with the android phone also owns an iPad. Does anyone know why this would happen?

    submitted by /u/Doc_Emstav
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel