• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread


    Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assit you, so consider helping out others in the thread while you wait for assistance.

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related, but not post worthy.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or by using the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before. You can also contact Apple directly and freely through their Apple Support live chat, for real expertise.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread


    Click here to see past D&TS threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!

    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you, or if you should buy one in the first place? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard/mouse should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? Are you looking for shipping information? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assist you.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread.

    You may be able to find similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are, someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Click here to see past WSIB threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spensive cutting board.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    Is it just me, or is the new Reddit UI for video posts terrible on iPads in landscape? Here’s how I think they should change it.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    I rarely draw pencil on ProCreate but for some reason I felt like it today

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Just got the iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2021 for my birthday and I must say…

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    …this thing is amazing. It looks so amazing. Personally I got a glass screen protector, ZUGU case, IPad, Pencil, Bluetooth Magic Keyboard, and Magic Trackpad 2. All bought by me except the IPad which I am so grateful my parents got me. This thing is great, for school, entertainment, and much more! It's so useful, the display is amazing and its blazing fast. Even though it's Bluetooth, the keyboard and touchpad work seamless. The case is so good and fits my uses so much. I am so happy I got it and I am just so amazed on how amazing this device is. I can't wait to continue to use this amazing piece of tech! Playing chess on this maybe a bit overkill but hey its amazing. If anyone wants to know my opinion on something specific I have just let me know and I will try to convert my review as best I can

    submitted by /u/Sea_Departure_9807
    [link] [comments]

    I hope iPadOS will support user accounts someday….

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    I have no problem letting my niblings mess around on my iPad, but I do have a problem with them accidentally getting into my work apps and such…

    It'd be nice if I could have multiple users in the same iPad or even a "kid mode"

    submitted by /u/Familiar-Particular
    [link] [comments]

    2021 M1 12.9”, got it two days back. This is about 20% brightness. The blooming looks the same if not more in real. Is mine from a bad batch or is it same for everybody?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    What apps do you find essential for giving extra functionality to your ipad, that it should have had built in?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    For me the Documents app by Readdle is one of the essential ones. File management, music and reading pdf documents all in one.

    I also use Plex for all my other media usage.

    submitted by /u/F1zzp0p
    [link] [comments]

    How is your white Magic Keyboard holding up?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Any discoloration or staining so far?

    submitted by /u/cozy_catastrophe
    [link] [comments]

    Working on an external drive with big file sizes

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    To save on unit cost, im planning on buying the 128gb m1 pro 12.9 version.

    Lets say that i have a 500 gb video file on an external hdd, can i work on that file while its connected to the ipad without having to transfer that to the ipad?

    Sorry i hope i am making sense, this will be my first ever ipad and i am a total noob.

    submitted by /u/baguhansalupa
    [link] [comments]

    Previous Gen Magic Keyboard 12.9 $199 at Best Buy until midnight.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    I believe it expires tonight at midnight. This can still be used for new 5th gen iPad 12.9

    submitted by /u/colt0622
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a photo workflow that doesn't require multiple import, duplication, edit, export dance?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Hello

    Seems that I am not able to understand what apple considers a normal workflow for editing files (in this case, photos).

    What I want to do is:

    1. Import photos from my camera into my ipad (done with Cascable)
    2. Select which photos I want to keep and delete the other ones (can use file for this)
    3. Do basic edits, like cropping, adjust some lights, apply filters and save on the same place (this is where I have trouble)
    4. Move (yes, move, the OS should take care of doing it safely) to the final destination, no matter if it is an external drive or a network drive

    That, which is a very simple list of tasks on any laptop is very cumbersome, non intuitive, redundant and problematic on IOS.

    The first thing is that Cascable doesn't allow me to import my photos into any folder I want. I have to import them to the sandboxed cascable folder, then go to files to COPY (can't move, why??!!) them to a folder.

    Then, the photos app is unable to see the photos that are on that folder, I have to import them into the photos app, something I didn't do and I will not. The reason is because I don't want to store photos on my Ipad, I just want to use it as a temporary place to make quick edits and them move to the final destination and I don't want to "pollute" my photo roll with temp files.

    I also tried lightroom, but again, I have to import each file into the app, and when I'm done with the edits I have to export each file, at this point I have the photos duplicated on 4 places: the camera because cascable is not able to move either, cascable sandboxed folder, a folder on my ipad and inside lightroom. Call me whatever you want, but I don't want to have my files duplicated on 4 different places (and at some point, I may not have the space)

    Is it really impossible to have the simple workflow I outlined above? On the Ipad the only way to work with photos is by duplicating them many times and do a lot of export/import? If that is the case, all those "ipad as a productivity tool" advertisements are just a lie.

    submitted by /u/danielo515
    [link] [comments]

    Has someone gone without screen protection?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Just wanted to check if someone has gone without a Screen Protector on their iPad and How it went for them? I'm considering going without.

    submitted by /u/davefogo
    [link] [comments]

    Apple has the tools to make a calculator worthy of the iPad by utilizing Live Text and Quick Note

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Apple's stated reason for not having a calculator app on iPad is because they don't feel like it would be uniquely "iPad enough." I think they can add one at this point without it even being an app.

    With iPadOS 15, you can now swipe in from the corner of the screen to get a notepad. Apple should do something similar for an always accessible, compact UI calculator on the iPad. Swipe in from one corner, get Quick Note; swipe from another corner, get a calculator. To take it a step further, utilize live text to tap on numbers on-screen to instantly input them into the calculator.

    submitted by /u/EbbNo8729
    [link] [comments]

    Word Autosave works intermittently - any ideas?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    I have a new M1 12.9" iPad and I'm constantly losing work. I set up the document to save onto my iPad in my files app as autosave.

    If I open the file make changes then back out using the back arrow it is not uncommon for none of the changes to have been saved. However, if I open and change the document again it does seem to autosave.

    Does anyone know what's going on/have experience of this?

    At this stage I have no idea if a document has auto saved until I try and open it again and see. I've turned autosave off for now but I'm trying to identify where the fault is.

    submitted by /u/Gladspanda1018
    [link] [comments]

    Notability/Goodnotes and print documents

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:43 AM PDT

    Hello everyone :) I'm about to buy the new ipad pro and was wondering if handwritten notes on good notes or notability were horizontal like "standard" sheets. The question that came up for me is: if I want to print my handwritten notes is it possible? Also, how are they printed? Thanks in advance and I apologize if the question is trivial, but I prefer to be sure :)

    submitted by /u/DaTsane
    [link] [comments]

    Notetaking app supporting Pencil Kit

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone know an app like Notability or Good Notes which uses Pencil Kit? The lower latency is stunning but the app im currently using isnt taking advantage of it.

    submitted by /u/skiijsk
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad 8 Photoshop Questions

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:29 PM PDT

    I have watched countless youtube reviews but none which answers my questions. I want to use photoshop on Ipad 8 so I wanted to know if this is doable. I design mostly 1500x1500 pixels multiple layers blending modes cmyk are all these thing available and will the ipad 8 be able to handle it? I am on a low budget so I need something with good battery life and netbooks and chromebooks won't cut it. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Algemene_Publiek
    [link] [comments]

    IPad Note Taking Apps

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:29 PM PDT

    So Im trying to find an app that's between Procreate and GoodNotes/Notability.

    The optionality of Procreate is awesome, but GoodNotes/Notability lack the creative flexibility I want to bring to my note taking. For instance, you can't even make sheets Landscape in in Notability 🤦. Procreate doesn't have syncing, which is also a must for me. I'd also need to upload PDFs of books and slides.

    Any ideas for apps I could try out?

    submitted by /u/DCAnt1379
    [link] [comments]

    Activate iPad with Verizon to get $200

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Has anyone successfully done this? Apple is promoting this and after ordering my iPad from Apple, Apple sent me an email providing further details as follows:

    Within 30 days of placing your order, activate your new iPad on an Unlimited or Unlimited Plus data plan at verizon.com or on the MyVerizon App. Complete the promotional application at vzw.com/myverizon or use the MyVerizon App. Within eight weeks of submitting your application, you'll receive a $200 Verizon e-gift card.

    I have been on the phone for over an hour each with Verizon and Apple, and all they can do is tell me I need to talk to the other company, and no one can find the application needed to be completed to receive the promotion.

    submitted by /u/a-danboe
    [link] [comments]

    Text message forwarding ����

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel