• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 22, 2021

    iPad The best feature of the magic keyboard? Charging

    iPad The best feature of the magic keyboard? Charging


    The best feature of the magic keyboard? Charging

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Just picked up an M1 Pro, Magic Keyboard and Pouch and coming from an original iPad Pro that was 6 years old, the most annoying part was trying to charge it whilst it was in a pouch.

    I don't know why but as luck would have it, I'd generally find my iPad in the pouch the wrong away around and it used to frustrate me having to take it out and swap it around... small things, I know.

    I just discovered the iPad Pro Magic Keyboard has the charging port on the opposite side to the device USB-C port so no matter which way you insert your iPad into a pouch, you can always charge from either side.

    I know this is first-world problems type of thing but after 6 years of using my OG Pro, this is probably my favourite feature, and I love the new magic keyboard.

    Very happy. Sorry for the ramble.

    submitted by /u/TheInvincibleMan
    [link] [comments]

    DIY iPad Smart Connector

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    You know how the Magic Keyboard for iPad has the USB-C port on it that delivers power to the iPad through the smart connector? Is there any way to DIY the same approach but without the Magic Keyboard? Any idea where one could find the necessary parts (like if one were to cut the Magic Keyboard open and remove everything between and including the USB-C port and the smart connector and just use the resulting wires)? I'd love to charge the iPad on a stand without plugging in USB-C cable directly to the iPad.

    submitted by /u/a-danboe
    [link] [comments]

    The m1 iPad Pro just replaced my MacBook

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    For a very long time I've been contemplating about changing out my MacBook for an iPad due to the convenience of the touchscreen and the ability to use it in a tablet form. I was skeptical about doing so because I was afraid of the limitations of the iPad when it comes to the software but recently I decided to give it a shot and see what happens. After receiving my M1 iPad, I had not touched my M1 MacBook for since the day I opened the iPad. Personally I am able to complete all of my tasks on my iPads with no issues whatsoever and very rarely have I ran into a problem that I must absolutely have a MacBook.

    What I generally fear was that there would be way too much compromise with using an iPad coming from a MacBook. However this hasn't been the case paired with the magic keyboard, I can barely tell the difference and it's in fact a little bit more efficient for me because of the touchscreen and the quick gestures. If anybody is on the fence and the work doesn't heavily rely on specific softwares exclusive to Mac platform, feel free to make the change. In the worst case if you ever do need a computer desperately you can simply buy a used computer that's 4 to 5 years old for around $300 as your back up. I plan to do this if I find it to be necessary in the future but so far I'm loving life as an iPad only user.

    submitted by /u/dinanm4
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 15 Observation: We have lost the ability to have the Time and Date cleanly pinned to the top left of the Home Screen…

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    Need help with managing annotated pdf size.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Pdfs when annotated using the markup feature in Apple Books gets extremely humongous, running to 800mb - 1GB. It also makes it slow to surf through the pdf.

    How do you all manage this? Ways to compress size of annotated pdfs?

    submitted by /u/Striking_Tell0804
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good iPad Weather App with widget for Canada / Eastern Canada

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:56 AM PDT

    Features that I'm looking for:

    1. Accuracy
    2. Widget
    3. Landscape view
    4. Radar
    5. 7+ day forecast
    6. Air Quality
    7. Free with unobtrusive adds or a 1 time time purchase, is preferable to a subscription.
    8. Would prefer an app that doesn't require precise location.

    I used to use Weather Underground, when I lived in the US. But from what I've heard it's gone down the hill since IBM's acquisition.

    I was looking at Dark Sky, but it sounds like Apple bought Dark Sky and it's also not available in the Canadian App Store.

    I also looked into WeatherCAN, but it wants my precise location. My tinfoil hat started to feel tight when I saw that.

    I'm not really sure what the top ranking weather sources are in Canada, so if you have any insight, it would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ImKira
    [link] [comments]

    Still no picture picture in YouTube app (premium user)?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    Third party PDF annotation/ note taking app that uses stock markup tools?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Is there a third party PDF annotation/ note taking app that uses the built in markup tools?

    My handwriting is much better and more natural using the stock markup tools, but using Files to annotate PDFs (I do my homework for a Japanese course on my iPad) is quite frustrating as my hand resting on the screen always manages to make the document jump to different pages as the preview panel is on the right.

    I've tried:

    • Goodnotes
    • Notability
    • PDF Viewer

    Much prefer my handwriting with the markup tools to any of those.

    EDIT - Another app I use, Pencil Planner, is an third party app that uses the built in markup tools - so hopefully there is something out there for PDFs

    submitted by /u/kat0id
    [link] [comments]

    Is the newest magic keyboard a good enough case?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    Got an iPad Pro for work with the magic keyboard… is it good enough as it is for a case or do you need added protection?

    submitted by /u/jesseholmz
    [link] [comments]

    Using ipad magic keyboard as win10 trackpad?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Is there any way to use the ipads magic keyboard and trackpad on windows 10? There are remote mouse apps but they all use the ipads touchscreen as a trackpad. I'm looking for an app which would let me use the keyboard and trackpad connected to the ipad to control windows.

    submitted by /u/BJJ_M_A
    [link] [comments]

    Ngl im kinda confident that at this point apple intends to make the iPads basically,Apples Chromeboks.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    When you think about both devices are kinda meant and capable of the same thing,browsing the web,watching youtube,netflix,etc. And just getting some mild work done such as typing up some docs and attending meetings.

    decent Chromebooks range from like $250 all the way to $1000

    And iPads range from $330 to like over $2.5k (Although personally i rlly dont think iPads are worth over $1.2k ish)

    And after iPadOS 15,i dont see it becoming a laptop replacement for a lotta ppl in the near future. I used my iPad as my 1 and only laptop,and it was fine for me (until it died on me :( R.I.P My iPad ) But it may not work out for a vast majority of ppl. So ig macs are gonna stay and be apples heavy duty laptop and ipads are like gonna be your chromebooks and if u draw,well then theres that too.

    submitted by /u/Ijustwatchmovies
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering how prevalent the “vertical lines” issue is. Has anyone gotten this, returned the ipad for it and gotten one without it?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel