• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    Apple iOS iOS 15 hidden features — 11 changes that make your iPhone better

    Apple iOS iOS 15 hidden features — 11 changes that make your iPhone better


    iOS 15 hidden features — 11 changes that make your iPhone better

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    I've seen this post earlier about people complaining about the battery widget. If you go to System Preferences -> Battery you can toggle on the battery percentage. Alternatively you can use the 1x4 version of the widget which shows battery percentage for up to 4 connected devices.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:42 AM PDT

    YouTube will finally bring picture-in-picture to iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Better news aggregation app than Apple news?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    I'm tired of Apple News. The big blank spaces that still appear for stories where I've blocked a channel. The seemingly increasing number of stories that require a subscription to read.

    What else do you guys use?

    submitted by /u/redisthemagicnumber
    [link] [comments]

    does your iPhone get hot when video facetiming?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Thought that newer models like the 11 pro would not get hot, but my new 11 pro does when facetiming. Is this normal?, it's pretty annoying for a new phone like this to get so hot. Battery seems to drain as well due to the heat.

    submitted by /u/JaxTellerr
    [link] [comments]

    Have you noticed that when you search for something in Maps it often shows the result you want briefly then disappears?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    Why does it do this? I always end up clicking on the wrong destination and having to start over.

    Also, why is it so difficult to find saved places and Favorites by search? Often I'll have to type the entire name out, and even then it is like the 3rd or 4th result.

    Lastly, it seems like there is often a delay or lag in updating when navigating. If I wasn't so used to the interface I would switch to Google Maps or Waze, absolute garbage and possibly the worst stock app in iOS.

    submitted by /u/Uncle-Buckwild
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] Does AppData of Unused "Offloaded" Apps saved on device survive an iOS Update?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    [QUESTION] Does AppData of Unused "Offloaded" Apps saved on device survive an iOS Update?

    Edit Details:

    Would it be retained through an iOS Update? via these 3 ways: OTA Update, Backup/ Restore via iTunes/ iMazing, or any other methods?

    • Wondering how iOS manages this App Data etc through iOS upates?

    • For e.g. Some Apps are way too big, and their use is infrequent/ once in a while,

    • But I'd prefer not to lose the; Logins/ Sign ins, Documents/ Data, App Data/ Settings created within that App during its use.

    • That's when I'd prefer to offload the App & down it when needed - work as before - use for few days/ a week - Off load again.

    submitted by /u/alexaxl
    [link] [comments]

    Need A TouchPal replacement

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I absolutely LOVE TouchPal, but ever since iOS14 added the notifications for clipboard usage, I've been driven insane.

    Instead of one pop up indicating my TouchPal keyboard copy or pasted something, it's a constant bombardment for minutes after I use the function.

    Any recommendations on similar keyboards?

    For reference, the TouchPal features I love;

    Long press (customizable too!) for numbers and frequent punctuation

    Good swipe to text, which I use constantly

    Keyboard theming

    submitted by /u/stlsportsfanatic
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing Safari Beta Translation feature in iOS 14, anyone else? (Disappears once site is fully loaded)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    How does changing country on the App Store work in terms of recurring subscriptions? (iPhone SE 2)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Hey, guys. Basically, I just need to switch my country in order to download a few apps that aren't available in the UK, I'll switch back to the UK once they are installed (Country is Zimbabwe, if that matters).

    However, changing countries causes any recurring subscriptions to cancel (you can still use them until the original renewal date, but any further payments are cancelled).

    I have a subscription to both Spotify and Discord (Spotify doesn't show up in subscriptions for whatever reason, so should I also be worried about that?) and would like to know if I can renew these subscriptions when I switch back to my actual country (that being the UK) and will they still renew at their original date if I renew them? I need them both to renew on the 13th of July.

    Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/AnotherGibaway
    [link] [comments]

    How to mute all except phone calls?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    How do I mute all the sounds like the ticking noise and app notifications without also muting phone calls. I always used the button on the side but now I start getting calls and missing them. Also the dont disturb mode blocks all notifications coming in. How do I get something in between.

    submitted by /u/hetmonster2
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: iOS 15 stuck “verifying” after download.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Hi. I used a website to download the iOS 15 developers beta and it stuck on "verifying" when I try to install.

    I've used this site for installing iOS 14 before public beta without any problems. I've downloaded / delete over and over again and still no luck. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Shark__01
    [link] [comments]

    Extremely weird glitch with screen time, will this get fixed tomorrow and if not how can I fix it?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    What does this emoji mean? I am not familiar with iPhone emojis.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    Mail Won’t Update If Read on Another Device

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Hey-up, lads! Mail's been bugging me of late. Specifically, neither badges nor notifications will go away unless I open the app manually - even though I'll have read the messages on the Mac already. Any ideas? Latest iOS.

    Upd: please let Apple know iCloud Mail can't push read status ☝🏻 Credit: qhggYDVn05W936DDkL

    https://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

    submitted by /u/alexmorello
    [link] [comments]

    1 account 2 iPhones

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:51 AM PDT

    Both my wife's phone and mine are on 1 account. However her calls from her phone show up on my recent call list in my phone. I have an 8 and she has a 12. Text messages also seem to appear on the other users phone. How can I keep both phones on 1 account and not have calls or sms appear on both phones?

    submitted by /u/Mironfilms
    [link] [comments]

    How do I select the key frame directly next to the original key frame in a Live Photo? Screen recording of issue linked. iOS 14.6 iPhone 12 Pro

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    Different counties, different app icons?!?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    Not sure if anyone is actually going to know the answer to this but it's something I've often wondered about. I live in England and I've owned iPhones since the first one. In fact my first iPhone is still on iOS 1.0. The message app icon is simply the white speech bubble on a green background. However I have noticed on all the pictures online and even in the original iPhone keynote, that you guys in America had a different icon. Essentially the same thing but with "SMS"in the middle of it. Does anyone know why they were different?

    submitted by /u/Blue-Bubble-Boy
    [link] [comments]

    A game on my iPhone just pasted text from my Mac Mini when I opened it

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    And the last thing I copied on my Mac Mini was a password. Why would a game that has no login or use of game centre legitimately need to perform this action?

    submitted by /u/felizesteban
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone is overheating

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Anyone else's iPhone overheating? It's getting worse now, it overheats like once every two hour. Also i can't use my flashlight for more then 10 minutes nowadays, it will turn off by itself.

    I have the iPhone 8 256GB and still have like 100GB storage i can use. Had this phone a little over 2 years

    submitted by /u/MedicalHelp333
    [link] [comments]

    Popping sound in wireless earphones

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    Does anyone else have a popping sound in your wireless earphones just before watching a video on instagram/tiktok/twitter? It's SOOO annoying

    And i'm pretty sure the problem is my phone, cuz i tried different wireless earphones but they all make that sound

    I have the iPhone 8

    submitted by /u/MedicalHelp333
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage not delivered question

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Wanted some quick clarification on the possible reasons why a message would not show "delivered" to a recipient. Assuming good 4G/5G service, is the only explanation for this that the recipient has the device turned off? Do not disturb would not on its own do this, correct?

    submitted by /u/bluejedi24
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable auto editing of photos?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Hey so I'm a fairly new iPhone user. Was on Android for a long time but switched to the 12 pro max a few months back. I don't take a ton of selfies but I've noticed lately when I do and go to view them the photo will quickly "adjust". As in it flashes from how it looked when I took it and applies some sort of "enhancement". Problem being I usually want the photo to look how it did not with the auto enhancements. I can't figure out how to disable this or if it's coming from the camera app or the photos app itself.

    submitted by /u/ModernLifelsWar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel