• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 23, 2021

    Apple iOS Apple News keeps your blocked sources instead of hiding them, making a horrible user experience as you scroll.

    Apple iOS Apple News keeps your blocked sources instead of hiding them, making a horrible user experience as you scroll.


    Apple News keeps your blocked sources instead of hiding them, making a horrible user experience as you scroll.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    Tip: Closest thing you YouTube Vanced on iOS without Jailbreaking

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    I've been using YouTube lately a lot in a way that comes close to having YouTube Vanced. I'll post below, how I did this. A lot of times I see this question and I want to share how I use it. Please forgive me if this is common sense or not exactly the same thing.

    • Make a bookmark from the YouTube website in Safari to your Home Screen.

    We will be using Mobile YouTube with Safari for this, unfortunately you can't install any app. There are some apps in the App Store from Asian developers that can simulate background playback, but still have ads

    • Install AdGaurd on iOS (free version is fine)

    The latest AdGaurd update has a nice button to block all ads on Safari version of YouTube. It works fine and I haven't seen any ad so far. You just need to use the share button and select "Block YouTube ads (By AdGaurd)". You'll see an extra "With AdGaurd" next to the YouTube banner in Safari.

    • Use YouTube PIP and Downloader by Robric18 (Shortcut)

    Shortcuts give the final functions that we need to simulate Vanced on iOS. You'll be needing the following Siri Shortcut to add the following options: Download YT videos as MP4 and MP3, enable Picture in Picture.

    • What Functions will I be missing

    As of now, only background playback and dark mode are missing (AFAIK), but without Jailbreaking, this is the best alternative.

    • Bonus additions

    If you make a Siri shortcut to open YouTube, you could use a custom icon (the official YouTube logo). It's much better than the ugly icon Google has if you regularly place a bookmark from your home screen through Safari.

    So you can easily organize downloaded videos and music by using FE File Explorer, it's nice and free file browser. You can set up a folder for YT Downloads and favorite it for quick access.

    If you're like me and don't like annoying recommendations and comments on YT, you can use Hush/Intention/ShutUp Comment Blocker (all available in App Store iOS) to block annoying elements in YouTube.

    Hope this helped you!

    Ps. I'm all for paying for YT, but I feel they extort us by charging too much and giving extra functions that I don't need (YT Music is obsolete for me).

    submitted by /u/FightMyDMNS
    [link] [comments]

    Why after restart i received this message? On iOS 14.6

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Camera stopped working ios 14.6

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    My iPhone stopped working camera and flashlight. I did the reset mode and restart phone btw no way to fix.

    submitted by /u/decoakadeco
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to watch and transfer Mp4 videos from Macintosh to iPhone?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    I love to download videos tutorial or Vlogs and watch them in the train or in places where I don't have signal.

    At the moment I download the video from YouTube with 4K video downloader and I move the mp4 into a Finder folder in Google Drive on my Macintosh.

    Then in Google Drive app on my iPhone I set the folder to be available offline. In this way I can watch the video offline but I am sure there is a better way to do that.

    Also, is there any app I can download on iOS that allowed me to download videos directly on my iPhone from YouTube or other websites?

    Please help:)

    submitted by /u/Parsifal85
    [link] [comments]

    Removing One Person from a Group Text

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    If I block one contact included in a group text, and then send a reply, the blocked person will not receive the reply, right?

    Then, if I unblock them later, will they then get the reply, either as an alert or be able to see it in the thread?

    I don't want to entirely block this person, but I'd like to exclude them from being alerted to my replies to this one particular thread. Is that possible?

    submitted by /u/RosalitaSpringsteen
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook calendar is not syncing anymore

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I sync my facebook calendar to iOS since around 2014 via url address (https://www.facebook.com/events/ical/upcoming/?uid...) but starting 2021 it stopped to work. I have tried anything but without success. I am still on the newest iOS version but even updates did not help. I use the same sync on MacOS calendar and there it works (even the url is syncing as it is connected to iCloud but in iOS events are not showed).

    Did anyone dealt with this problem and will able to help me found out how to get updated facebook events in my iOS calendar when this url seems to work everywhere else...?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pavel_r
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot Hide Audiobooks

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 05:54 AM PDT

    Greetings. I have 2 audiobooks that I want to hide in the ios books app. This seems to be a persistent problem as there are several google results for it, with many people experiencing it and no solution.

    I have tried using itunes and hiding it there, tried icloud and hiding it there but nothing works.

    Yes, i have signed in and out of all the things. I have removed the download. In all cases I get the option to "hide audiobook: I press it, and nothing happens.

    Has anyone ever found a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/makos1212
    [link] [comments]

    Video: 20 Annoyances Apple Fixed in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    What’s the best way to move iCloud data (photos) to a new Apple ID?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    What's the best way to move iCloud data (photos) to a new Apple ID?

    I am trying to combine my Apple IDs. How can I easily move photos from one Apple ID to another? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/LeverageGod
    [link] [comments]

    .mogg

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    Are there any iOS audio editors that support the .mogg file format?

    submitted by /u/GOLDIEM_J
    [link] [comments]

    Retrieving photos from locked iPhone 6

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    I need to pull photos from my old phone to put on my computer but I do not recall the passcode and I need to pull the photos without factory resetting it.

    I've taken my Apple ID off the phone so I cannot recognize the device in my cloud.

    Is there a way I can just connect it to iTunes or a computer and get them that way?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Darkid94
    [link] [comments]

    A Better Ring/Silent Switch Status Indicator

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    I can't be the only one who constantly forgets to flip the Ring/Silent switch [edit: back to Ring] before putting my phone in my pocket. In fact, there've been several posts kibitzing over missing on-screen switch status. Does there exist (or would it be possible to make) an app that, for instance generates a Notification or modifies the current wallpaper — or does anything, really, to get a bit more "in-your-face" — based on the status of the Ring/Silent switch?

    I've already looked into using a Shortcut/Personal Automation. The Shortcuts app doesn't have access to the status of the Ring/Silent switch.

    submitted by /u/ajblue98
    [link] [comments]

    Do I switch to an iPhone SE from my 8 plus?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    I like everything about the SE, but I heard the battery life was rather lacking

    submitted by /u/CrispyyBacon27
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone recommend a calendar

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    I need a good, easy to use calendar that my wife and I can share with each other.

    submitted by /u/dilligaf79
    [link] [comments]

    Can this widget possibly take up more space please?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Ios 15 beta Microsoft Edge (and some other apps) bug

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    So to keep this short and simple, twitter doenst open up properly. What i do is tap it once, then it crashes and this is to be expected with beta's. But whats weird is Microsoft Edge (dont hate pls lol) sometimes crashes when i delete all tabs, is this an Edge issue or IOS 15 issue?

    submitted by /u/TheJBros56
    [link] [comments]

    0x8badf00d

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    Hi guys. have an iPhone XS max running 14.6. i have an app "Kijiji" crashing when on the springboard. I've deleted the app, restated the phone and reinstalled it several times to only have the same issue.

    Here is what the crash log says:

    {"app_name":"Kijiji","timestamp":"2021-06-22 21:37:57.00 -0400","app_version":"15.7.0","slice_uuid":"25c67998-cf01-343e-9996-8f4e7e9841a5","adam_id":318979520,"build_version":"202106022316.6","platform":2,"bundleID":"com.kijiji.iphone","share_with_app_devs":0,"is_first_party":0,"bug_type":"109","os_version":"iPhone OS 14.6 (18F72)","incident_id":"8F19B156-4148-42B6-9818-69A1C5278A03","name":"Kijiji"} Incident Identifier: 8F19B156-4148-42B6-9818-69A1C5278A03 CrashReporter Key: 559eed6cd186ff590c0c355891eea29e3dd6badf Hardware Model: iPhone11,6 Process: Kijiji [1102] Path: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C359A4E9-AAB7-4A79-84DF-ACEFB31C1C14/Kijiji.app/Kijiji Identifier: com.kijiji.iphone Version: 202106022316.6 (15.7.0) AppStoreTools: 12E262 AppVariant: 1:iPhone11,6:13 Code Type: ARM-64 (Native) Role: Foreground Parent Process: launchd [1] Coalition: com.kijiji.iphone [503]

    Date/Time: 2021-06-22 21:37:56.6600 -0400 Launch Time: 2021-06-22 21:37:22.3721 -0400 OS Version: iPhone OS 14.6 (18F72) Release Type: User Baseband Version: 3.04.01 Report Version: 104

    Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Reason: Namespace SPRINGBOARD, Code 0x8badf00d Termination Description: SPRINGBOARD, <RBSTerminateContext| domain:10 code:0x8BADF00D explanation:scene-create watchdog transgression: application<com.kijiji.iphone>:1102 exhausted real (wall clock) time allowance of 10.00 seconds | ProcessVisibility: Background | ProcessState: Running | WatchdogEvent: scene-create | WatchdogVisibility: Foreground | WatchdogCPUStatistics: ( | "Elapsed total CPU time (seconds): 15.880 (user 15.880, system 0.000), 26% CPU", | "Elapsed application CPU time (seconds): 10.016, 17% CPU" | ) reportType:CrashLog maxTerminationResistance:Interactive> Triggered by Thread: 0

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/applebuddahh
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change the video speed (1.5x; 2x) of videos on apps that don’t use the native video player?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    Seems you can only change speed using Safari

    submitted by /u/kvpop
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any ipad apps that i can make a color coded list or chart for TV shows and movies?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    I want to make different lists (or a chart) of my watchlists for Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc and even sublists like seasons for those shows, and have them color coded as well as be able to swap and move them around on the fly- like if they change services or if I want to change how I want to prioritize them, etc. I hope I'm making sense. Is there some sort of notes app that will let me do this? I've tried a few apps and they dont have the full capabilities I'm looking for but I thought it was a pretty simple function I'm trying for.

    submitted by /u/texticles
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone experienced a bug with 14.6 where pictures disappear from your library..?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    I appreciate your input.

    submitted by /u/kubadon1
    [link] [comments]

    Ta bort vissa nyhetskällor från News widget??

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    Hi! Is it possible to change the news source in my News widget? Here in Sweden i'm tired of reading the the same newspaper that is always on top in the feed. It's almost always political articles from Aftonbladet and not acctual news.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Key_Site_8511
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of Notes app

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I'm currently on hold with Apple support but due to high call volume, it could take a while. I opened my notes app and tried to access one of my locked notes and my phone is asking for my password for my notes app.

    The only problem is I know for a fact I never set up a separate password for my notes and now I can't access them. I always use FaceID.

    The hint I was given was an emoji but that didn't help me at all. I looked up my issue online and apparently Apple allows you to reset your notes password but that wouldn't give access to the notes locked with the supposed old password.

    Feeling incredibly frustrated. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/biblemommy69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel