• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    macOS I found an easier method

    macOS I found an easier method


    I found an easier method

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    MacBook Air’s (2018) battery drain. This happens when I close the laptop and leave it overnight.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    Calendar's feeling a bit shy this morning...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    `free` command for macOS users

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Any way to create Safari bookmark pairs?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:00 AM PDT

    I see lots of Android device at the moment that can create 'App Pairs', a single icon that when pressed opens two apps side by side.

    It got me thinking - There are many web tabs on safari which I use, almost exclusively, in a side by side/split screen set up, I'm curious to know if anyone knows of a method to create paired bookmarks on safari which, when clicked, opens the tabs in split screen. (Reddit and YT for example)

    If this doesn't exist i would love to see it in the future.

    submitted by /u/Brok3nMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook air M1 or something else?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    Hello ! I have got the Macbook air m1 ( 7-core Gbu 256GB SSD) but i have never tried apple products before and i really don't know if i should stay on this MacBook or have something else (like a windows running laptop with good specs) So are there better choises than the M1? And if so what should i get instead? - i am college student so i am concerned about multi tasking - I use Blender in my free time and do little gaming (not really into the gaming stuff and don't care about Playing on high res) - I didn't open the MacBook yet so i haven't tested it that's why i want you guys to help me choose between it or another laptop for the same price but better performance if there is any Thx in advance

    submitted by /u/Pastfumi
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get past this?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:54 AM PDT

    Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS Big Sur 11.4 to Developers (while 11.3 release candidate is undergoing final testing)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    My MacBook suddenly did this and won’t turn fully on. Any fix?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:52 PM PDT

    maclaunch - an open source tool to index your startup items slowing down your system

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    Big Sir 11.4 Beta Recovery Removal

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I made a mistake and upgraded to MacOS 11.4 and not 11.3 RC. Anyway, I tried recovery mode and I can not get macOS 11.2.3 to reinstall. Only 11.4 beta 1.

    It freezes at account creation.

    I've tried terminal to resetpassword - that did not work.

    I've deleted, erased volumes and SSDs.

    Account creation does not work nor will the official release option pop up.

    I have the M1 MacBook Pro - I do not have an additional Mac computer.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/iMelhado
    [link] [comments]

    Using Mac as a VPN tunnel?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    So, quick context, for work I need to connect to a VPN, but my current computer (m1 Macbook Air) is not supported yet by our software, I have another Mac mini that can run said VPN so, can I just tunnel the connection from my m1 mac to the Mac mini? I was thinking setting up a local vpn on the mini and remote to it via LAN from my M1 Macbook.

    submitted by /u/YoNoSoyTony
    [link] [comments]

    My track pad isn't working properly

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    Creating a High Sierra Bootable Installer..

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:45 PM PDT

    With my 2020 MacBook Air. Big Sur is already on my MacBook and I need a Sierra bootable installer for a 2009 iMac. The problem is, I cannot get the High Sierra installer to download and install to copy onto a flash drive for the iMac. I just keep getting notifications that my device's OS is up to date. Doing Command+R provides Big Sur as the only OS option, so I can't download a different OS when I restart my MacBook. Is there any workaround to this?

    submitted by /u/squirtzmcintoshh
    [link] [comments]

    Clear recents template list in numbers..

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    Pages Password

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I've forgotten my password and I did not save it to Keychain. Does anyone know a workaround? Willing to hack my computer. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/la_raine
    [link] [comments]

    Any Brave browser user on Macbook M1 ?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Any Brave browser user on Macbook M1 ?

    I use brave browser on my new macbook air M1. Is it normal that Brave has so many processes named "browser helper" ? and one of them is even intel version (though the browser is already optimized for M1).

    https://preview.redd.it/gjdff7xavsu61.png?width=1912&format=png&auto=webp&s=12cda4a906b37bc63ce307d13e396173a20bc507

    submitted by /u/Weltschmerz20
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade from Yosemite to Catalina instead of Big Sur?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    I'm sorry if this question has been ask before but I couldn't find an answer anywhere. I have a late 2013 iMac that I haven't updated in quite awhile running Yosemite. I haven't launched Steam on this computer in years but when I tried yesterday it said that it no longer supports my OS. I tried to update to Big Sur but it looks like my computer is just barely too old for Apple to let me do that. Of course they don't leave older versions available for people like me. I'd like to update to the most recent OS I'm able to use, which looks to be Catalina. Are there any workarounds to get Catalina running instead of Big Sur?

    submitted by /u/prenatalstrike
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot add any credit/debit card to m1 MacBook Pro after repair

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    So completely lost here. I received my MBP m1 after some repair work done on it yesterday. They replaced the display screen(outer clamshell), logic board, Touch ID sensor and eDP flex cable based on the repair sheet they sent back.

    I've been trying to add my cards back to the wallet app and it just won't work. I tested on 2 other MBPs and my iPhone and they work just fine. I tried signing out and back in with my Apple ID and that didn't work. I even wiped my Mac twice and reinstalled macOS and it doesn't work.

    Could this be due to the repair work done? I honestly have no answers. I have a Genius Bar appointment today but was hoping to see if any of you could shed some light. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BeerMeUpToo
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix tap-to-click delay with dragging enabled?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    This is something that has been posted before in various formats, but I have yet to find an answer in this sub or elsewhere on the internet.

    I use the tap-to-click feature on my Macbook trackpad regularly, as it is quiet and effective. However, I've always been frustrated with the slow delay from the tap to the click being registered. I understand that 3 finger drag is an option but I much prefer the double tap and drag.

    I recently was messing around with some settings, and noticed that when I disabled dragging with the trackpad, suddenly the tap-to-click had a much faster response time. The response time is also faster if you use the three-finger drag option (which I don't like). I understand that the delay is from the OS waiting for another input, but this isn't a valid excuse since windows can do this without a delay.

    What this leaves me with is two unsatisfactory options:

    1. One-finger tap to click responds slowly, but I can double click to drag items with the trackpad.
    2. One-finger tap to click responds quickly, but I can't use the trackpad to drag.

    I would like to preserve the faster response time for a one-finger tap, but I also want to be able to double-tap and drag items. Is there a way to make both happen? Has anybody else experienced the same frustration?

    Also, I am aware of Better touch tool, but I don't know how to configure the app to let me do this. If anyone has experience with the tool and can guide me through this, please let me know!

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/trickyninja21
    [link] [comments]

    Resolve unexpectedly crashing on M1 Mac

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I bought an M1 mac mini a few months ago, and haven't been able to solve an issue I have with the program DaVinci Resolve.

    When I'm in Resolve, if I hold the command key for a couple seconds, Resolve shuts off unexpectedly, with no warning message. I've tried different things : updating the software, changing the keyboard, but it keeps happening.

    I've run the logs and here is the error I get :

    BSStateCapture remove item called for untracked item 150-133-6871 (target:[app<application.com.blackmagic-design.DaVinciResolve.1229702.1230247(501)>:24999])

    I've reached to the Davinci customer service, but I'm not sure if the issue is coming from my mac mini or the software.

    Thanks a lot for reading

    submitted by /u/raph9998
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel