• Breaking News

    Monday, March 8, 2021

    macOS Is there a way to get rid of these notifications when you open up your MacBook? I already opened these texts.

    macOS Is there a way to get rid of these notifications when you open up your MacBook? I already opened these texts.


    Is there a way to get rid of these notifications when you open up your MacBook? I already opened these texts.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:13 PM PST

    How To Change Multiple Files At Once In Apple's Finder In MacOS 

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PST

    why is native music app running on intel arch?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:06 AM PST

    M1 MBA Can't Change External Displays Refresh Rate

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:18 AM PST

    So I got my M1 MBA today, it sure is a fantastic device and I am loving my experience so far. My problem is I can't get my 2K 144Hz display to get up to that refresh rate. Now I can only use it at 2K@60hz. I have a 2017 MBP 13", and with using the same cable and same display, I am able to get 2K144hz on that device. My cable is a really high quality one and supports 4K60 and 2K144. On display settings, I tried holding down the option key and selecting "scaled", but Refresh rate option is greyed out. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks for the replies!

    Here is a pic: https://imgur.com/a/XsI5CVE

    Cable specs:

    USB C Version 3.1
    Hdmi 2.0b
    18 Gbps Bandwith
    HDR
    4K 60Hz
    2K 144Hz
    1080p 240Hz, 1080p 144Hz
    USB C to HDMI

    submitted by /u/Fuzzeeh
    [link] [comments]

    Has Big Sur improved since the first release?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:01 AM PST

    Hi All, can anyone tell me has Big Sur improved from the first release? I found the huge waste of white space, inconsistency to be pretty bad. The most off putting thing for me was the massive space between icons in the top menu bar.

    Is it safe to come over from Catalina yet?

    submitted by /u/zbludd
    [link] [comments]

    "Now playing" leaks info on multi user system

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:50 AM PST

    I just noticed that the Big Sur "now playing" feature (menu bar and control center) list all sources for all users on a multi user system. that seems to a be a terrible breach of privacy expectations of users to me. Especially since there is apparently no way to disable it.

    Since it doesn't even work properly (you cannot actually control playback) this seems like a bug - or am I missing something.

    submitted by /u/Gnump
    [link] [comments]

    Mac accepting all passwords

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:24 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/Sny9yxX

    When I enter wrong passwords, my Mac still accepts them. I couldn't find relevant information about it when I googled it. Does anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Korvxx
    [link] [comments]

    Update to big sur

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:05 AM PST

    Do you recommend to upgrade a 2015 macbook air to big sur??

    submitted by /u/Eredian16
    [link] [comments]

    I think I did something wrong while installing macOS Catalina.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 02:57 AM PST

    I was doing a fresh install of macOS Catalina and while erasing the drive I think I didn't erase the whole drive just one volume of it and now 200 GB are being used by "Other Volumes", What should I do?

    Disk Utility: https://ibb.co/BfqpCVv

    About this Mac -> Storage details: https://ibb.co/74cr7kG

    submitted by /u/ba_dum_tzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Reminders

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Hi,

    I am experiencing an issue where the reminder's notification doesn't actually work.

    When the date set to a reminder comes up, and you decide to delay it by 1hour, it doesn't actually change the time on the Reminder software.

    Is there a solution to fix this, its probably because I need to update to Big Sur, but I would rather keep Catalina for now.

    I added a screen recording hope that helps.

    https://reddit.com/link/m0d6dr/video/13ml23fd9sl61/player

    submitted by /u/Over5755
    [link] [comments]

    The Mac book

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 02:42 AM PST

    Apple needs to make the a Mac book for gaming so the fans aren't super loud because I tried streaming on Mac book and the fans were super loud

    submitted by /u/Slayorblade
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Upgrade has 2 Screenshot Sounds

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:36 PM PST

    After upgrading to Big Sur, I have two screenshot sounds: the old one, and the new one. Is anybody else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/drumdude9403
    [link] [comments]

    OmniGroup Test Build Downloads

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:21 PM PST

    OmniGroup Test Build Downloads submitted by /u/ilikemacsalot
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Silicon builds - VS Code is now available in stable for Apple Silicon.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:54 AM PST

    Sync Safari (macOS) to Android

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:51 AM PST

    Is there any way to sync bookmarks/passwords/history from Safari to Chrome on Android or any other browser on Android?

    submitted by /u/ba_dum_tzzz
    [link] [comments]

    wallpaper script

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:06 AM PST

    Hi, how can I write a script that sets wallpapers from quotefancy into mac desktop

    submitted by /u/yashar-ta
    [link] [comments]

    I would really like to use Safari, but since Big Sur it's unusably slow and laggy.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:33 PM PST

    MacBook Air mid 2019 here and since I updated macOS to Big Sur, Safari is sooooo slow. I did some searching and looks like I'm definitely not the only one but no one seems to know how to fix it. I did try clearing cache, logging out of iCloud and disabling all extensions but still unusable when trying to load/use heavy websites like facebook, reddit and the likes. This hardware is only 2 years old and it should't have so much trouble with basic, everyday stuff like that, am I right?

    So basically, since Big Sur I switched to Brave - but I would still like to use Safari because I like how it functions and also the battery, of course. Did any of you guys have similar issue and were able to fix it?

    submitted by /u/frizla
    [link] [comments]

    A question about importing photos from a folder into the Photos app?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:38 PM PST

    I have 3,551 photo/video files in a certain directory on my MacBook Air that I am wanting to import into photos. When I select the folder that contains them all, rather than selecting them all individually, Photos only seems to import 3,548 files, which means it's skipping / missing three. Does anybody know why this could be, and how to find the other three that aren't being automatically added?

    submitted by /u/JustCallMehWhatever
    [link] [comments]

    Real quick question❤️

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:19 PM PST

    I'm trying to find a used (preferably refurbished) Mackbook pro that is under $700 that will be able to update to what's current, so I can use any animation, graphic design apps I need. Anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ajamu36
    [link] [comments]

    What is this empty Library folder in my iCloud Documents folder that was created on 3 March and won't let me open it?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:37 PM PST

    Two big puzzles about Time Machine Backups (OS Catalina)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:01 PM PST

    I have an iMacPro with OS Catalina (version 10.15.7). I am confused by two facts related to Time Machine backup. I use an external hard disk to do to backup. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    1. If I use the command line "tmutil listbackups" to show backup snapshots, it gives me one snapshot per day prior to 2 days ago and then multiple snapshots in the most recent two days. This is consistent with what was said about Time Machine.

    However, if I open the backup hard disk in Finder and look at the contents under "Backups.backupdb", there are 3-4 folders for every day all the way back to the date that the backup disk was initially used, not one folder per day. Moreover, I can use "tmutil delete" to delete all such 3-4 folders, not just the folder listed by "tmutil listbackups" as the snapshot of the day.

    For example, "[back_up_path]/2021-02-18-080317" is the only snapshot listed by "tmutil listbackups" for 02/18 backup. But in Finder, I can see folder like "[back_up_path]/2012-02-18-194842" as well. Moreover, I can use "tmutil delete [back_up_path]/2012-02-18-194842" to remove this snapshot folder not listed by "tmutil listbackups"!

    This confused me: why "tmutil listbackups" cannot list all snapshots on the backup hard disk, but "tmutil" can still delete them?

    1. The reason that led me to the puzzles described in 1 is an even bigger puzzle to me. I always used hard disks to do backup. When the backup disk was full in the old days, it automatically deleted the oldest backups and got space for the new backups. Since last December, Time Machine has behaved differently. When the disk was to be full, TM showed "backup failed because the disk was full", thus no backups anymore instead of deleting old backups. Moreover, once this error message was showed, within TM, I can only see the most recent two days of backups, even all backups can still be seen in the Finder. I googled how to see old backups, such as "shift-command-C" tricks, none worked.

    So I changed to a brand-new backup disk. It worked but filled up in two months, then this nightmare error message "backup failed because the disk was full" showed again and, again, I cannot see backups in TM beyond the most recent two days, even they are all accessible in Finder.

    Now I have used my 3rd backup disk and I saw it quickly filled up too. This is why I looked into the content more closely and find the puzzle described in 1.

    The regular backup content is only ~500GB, and my backup disk is 4TB. So space should not be the culprit here.

    I am very confused and to some extent, annoyed by this backup puzzle. Any ideas or troubleshooting advice are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/No_Letter_7498
    [link] [comments]

    Safari rather slow. Not enough memory perhaps?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:41 AM PST

    I recently got a 2020 iMac, highest tier stock model with 8gb memory. More and more I notice that Safari is slow with various actions. It stutters immensely when browsing sites with many pictures, such as eBay. Opening a new tab can sometimes take up to 5 seconds, same with incognito windows. And video websites can be slow too.

    This only happens in Safari, other browsers perform fine. I have no clue how to solve this, and I prefer to continue using safari due to the synced tabs with my phone and it's convenient password manager that syncs across my devices as well.

    Could my 8gb ram be too little for Safari to function properly? Or could there be something else going on? I would like to hear some suggestions on what it could be. I've switched to a different browser 3 times already only to come back to Safari.

    submitted by /u/mextier
    [link] [comments]

    And why would this be true again?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:59 PM PST

    It says I need passcode Help Fixing it?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel