• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    macOS Extremely high memory usage by kernel_task and WindowServer. Any idea why? I was just talking to friends on Discord.

    macOS Extremely high memory usage by kernel_task and WindowServer. Any idea why? I was just talking to friends on Discord.


    Extremely high memory usage by kernel_task and WindowServer. Any idea why? I was just talking to friends on Discord.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:41 PM PST

    I made a Word icon for MacOS Big Sur... and some other Microsoft apps!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:11 AM PST

    Should I finally update to macOS Big Sur?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:14 AM PST

    I'm using a MacBook Pro 16" and I was wondering if I should finally update to Big Sur (11.2.1) from macOS Catalina. Until now, TensorFlow has only utilized the CPU for training on Mac but the tensorflow_macos fork of TensorFlow 2.4 leverages ML Compute to enable machine learning libraries to take full advantage of both the CPU and the GPU in Intel-powered Macs. This is something I'm really excited about but I'm skeptical about the day-to-day performance issues I'll have to deal with. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/vishyv
    [link] [comments]

    Record screen with QuickTime and hear audio at the same time

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:04 AM PST

    Hi, I want to record my Mac's screen and I'm using QuickTime because it has the best performance and optimization. To record the audio pf the mac, I have installed Soundflower, set the output audio to Soundflower 2Ch and I have set QuickTime to record audio from there.

    The problem is, I can't hear the audio while recording.

    Is there a way to hear the audio while recording the display with QuickTime?

    submitted by /u/Simos805
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Safari so ram hungry? Even chrome doesn't use that much! How do I fix this?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:39 AM PST

    Widgets on macOS

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:18 AM PST

    So I've just got around to really exploring macOS Big Sur, and realise that the Widgets section is barebones. I like the look, but the lack of widgets is really bad. Any widgets you use that you'd recommend? And do you think Apple will bring support for more widgets with the next release?

    submitted by /u/srivi20
    [link] [comments]

    Music App Opens When I Connect Bluetooth

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:39 PM PST

    I have an M1 MBA and I dislike AirPods, so I use non-Apple bluetooth wireless earbuds. Sometimes when I connect my bluetooth the music app opens and music begins to play. A little annoying, but not a big issue. The real problem comes in when I disconnect. I go to bed super late, so if I'm disconnecting chances are it's early morning and my family is asleep. I'm sure you can see why it's slightly inconvenient when I disconnect bluetooth, close the lid, and all of a sudden music comes blaring through my speakers and wakes up my family. I might just uninstall the music app at this point. Are there any fixes anyone knows of?

    submitted by /u/anxthxma
    [link] [comments]

    No "Prefer eGPU" Option?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:50 PM PST

    No "Prefer eGPU" Option?

    Hey everyone, I recently got an enclosure and a gpu for my macbook pro. It seems to work fine - the icon shows up in control center, and when using some applications I can see a boost in whatever I'm doing. However, it seems like the option to "prefer egpu" is absent in two apps I use: Final Cut Pro and iMovie. It's odd because I thought that it could have something to do with video editors, but the option is there for Motion 5 (screenshots provided); it's just those two apps giving me trouble. Anyone know why this might be? If I have the eGPU on and boot up FCP, I can't even change the render engine to the eGPU

    https://preview.redd.it/7mro3f16npk61.png?width=2034&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca10d702deb8028d30678add11f4ba4660e20b25

    https://preview.redd.it/cqeg6f16npk61.png?width=2082&format=png&auto=webp&s=68dd52aaeb0111647b4e7cf682616d6f97ed312c

    https://preview.redd.it/7y14tf16npk61.png?width=2326&format=png&auto=webp&s=4ce0dfd708a8c808b58273230344ece3956afc36

    https://preview.redd.it/81jd6f16npk61.png?width=2106&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae00687b0d7cc111184b9740d5b6e6cc5581e61d

    submitted by /u/EggForLife69
    [link] [comments]

    Installing VMware Tools on OS X Tiger on VMware Fusion

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:46 PM PST

    Hi, I recently installed MacOS X Tiger on a Virtual Machine on VMware, and I wanted to install VMware Tools, but then it says,"VMware Tool for FreeBSD Guests has been discontinued." How can I install VMware tools on Tiger? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jshayya184
    [link] [comments]

    "Disk not ejected properly" x 1000 whenever my MBP16 goes to sleep.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:26 PM PST

    "Disk not ejected properly" x 1000 whenever my MBP16 goes to sleep.

    Big Sur 11.2.2. Every time my MBP16 goes to sleep, it thinks the external drive is being plugged and unplugged repeatedly. When I open the laptop, there are "Disk not ejected properly" notifications roughly once per minute for the time it was sleeping. This is a recent issue since upgrading to 11.2.2. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

    Or at the very least does someone know a way to delete hundreds of disk notifications at once?

    https://preview.redd.it/5to6sh9vipk61.png?width=744&format=png&auto=webp&s=345229df19adb2df12da3a68b66d0ffca56debe5

    submitted by /u/pattersonmobile
    [link] [comments]

    Importing ALAC music files broken on Big Sur?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Two external monitors on Mac Pro, annoying problem

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:18 PM PST

    I have connected two monitors to my Mac Pro. When I switch between the two screens I have to click with the mouse once on the other screen before I can use it. I'm working with a program which makes this annoying. Is there any fix to take this away? No need to click on the secondary screen to use it and be just like the primary. Appreciate some expertise, thanks.

    submitted by /u/jonaspersson91
    [link] [comments]

    iMac still won’t boot up after SSD replacement!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:47 PM PST

    Recently attempted to fix a friend's old 2007 Intel iMac 2nd Gen (Model A1225, EMC 2134) that wouldn't boot up. I tested the faulty HDD on my PC with an external dock and the hard drive wouldn't work, so I went ahead an ordered a new SSD and installed it onto the iMac with a bootable MacOS El Capitan on USB created with TransMac on my Windows PC (as I do not have access to another Mac) making sure that it was GPT partitioned. However, when I booted it up, I still get the dreaded white screen with a flashing grey folder icon! Tried the Command (Alt) button, Option button (eventually displays the mouse pointer but no option to choose bootable device), holding the power button down, etc, and nothing would get this sucker to boot up!

    UPDATE: I was advised that perhaps the way I created the bootable USB could be the issue. FWIW, I obtained an "InstallMacOSX.dmg" file from Apple's Official Web Site and was informed that I wouldn't be able to use that to create a bootable USB. Why would this be the case???

    I think at this point I should consider replacing the SATA (and power?) cable, but does anyone know if I should look into any other potential issue causing this?

    FWIW, I also noticed that I broke an end wire on the 12-pin inverter connector that connects to the circuit board beside the HD bay. I've included some pictures @ iMac 24" 2007 (Intel) Internals, and if you look carefully at the first one, there's the sheathed black cable on the left side that runs up towards the black mylar tape that covers the connector and port. That's the one I broke, sigh. I've included a picture of a schematic for a similar, if not the same, 12-pin connector and wonder if this could be the issue?

    Also, can anyone help to source the parts/image I would need to get this bad boy (or girl) running again?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/10Kchallenge
    [link] [comments]

    Patcher for Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:51 AM PST

    I love this forum. Learning a ton from you all, so thank you.

    Question: If I install Big Sur on MPB2012 using the patcher, will i then be able to download Apple's Big Sur updates through the normal Apple OS updates...or will I be reliant on patchers and workarounds for all future Big Sur updates?

    submitted by /u/RJ-Cleveland
    [link] [comments]

    Swap Memory Issue

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:05 PM PST

    Is the swap memory issue a M1 thing?? Or is it a Big sur thing? If it is a M1 thing, I would rather by an Intel MacBook

    submitted by /u/00Turag
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina to Mojave

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:44 PM PST

    I have macbook air 2015 no need to back up data i want it to downgrade to Mojave how can i do it?

    submitted by /u/Lazziya53
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming macOS 11.3 update may remove Rosetta 2 “in some regions”

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:49 PM PST

    How to increase the list of "bookmarks and history" in safari search bar? Is there a command to change the defaults from terminal?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Microsoft plays catch-up...again Mac Automator versus Power Automate

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Today Microsoft announced it was releasing Microsoft Power Automate for Windows 10. https://techcrunch.com/2021/03/02/microsofts-power-automate-desktop-is-now-free-for-all-windows-10-users/ My first reaction when I read this was, man I have this for years on the Mac and later i hear they admit that Mac (and IOS) has had this for years and that this is a long overdue feature coming to Windows users on the back of Microsoft's push for RPA style features for citizen developers. But all hail the wonder of MSFT in unpacking this from a $40/month solution to be free for single use desktop. Yeah, you still need to buy the cloud license to develop and share automation within your org. In Microsoft fashion the pricing page is still confusing https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ as you are like its free, its not? it is? Ah well, innovation comes at a price for those not using a mac sometimes....

    submitted by /u/txaucn
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify not working on MacOS Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:40 PM PST

    Hey guys! When I open Spotify on my Mac it just opens a black screen. Anyone else with this problem?

    submitted by /u/Ace_Jr8
    [link] [comments]

    After I updated the Mac's EFI, it does not play the chime.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:51 AM PST

    About a month ago there was an EFI update on MacOS Catalina. It restarted, the sleep light blinked indicating that an EFI update was about to be installed. After updating, my mac does not play the chime (it's a MacBook Pro Mid 2012 non-retina 13" A1278). But when I reset the SMC while the computer is on, enter Single user mode and exit or reset the NVRAM it plays the chime but after I start up the system and reboot or shut down, I only hear the superdrive force ejecting. The volume is in the max/high and I have FileVault enabled. How can I make it play the chime again permanently? Any answer would be pretty much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LucastheBowser
    [link] [comments]

    LanguageTool for Safari (Grammar & Style Checker)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 03:55 AM PST

    Usbc to usb a

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:24 PM PST

    Has anyone tried using the usb-c to usb-a converter from samsung? I have one that came with the phone. Is there still an issue with the usb c converter/hub?

    submitted by /u/F0urHour
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel