• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Apple TV Can’t connect watch to Fitness + on Apple TV

    Apple TV Can’t connect watch to Fitness + on Apple TV


    Can’t connect watch to Fitness + on Apple TV

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:13 PM PST

    Is something up with 14.4 in recent weeks?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:51 PM PST

    I've not experienced any of these problems before, but in the last week or so, both my Apple TV's on 14.4 are doing the following:

    1. Audio sync lagging
    2. Weird flickering when menus appear on top of content (ie. when a Netflix show finishes, and there's a 'next episode' banner, it flickers between bright and dark)
    3. 'Up Next' on TV app being weird - even when episodes have been watched, it says I'm halfway through that episode, and it's impossible to force it by 'marking episode as watched'

    It's been super weird and buggy recently - I haven't reset it as it's happening with both, so seems like an issue with 14.4. Anyone else having these issues?

    submitted by /u/robboadam
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV and Samsung TV Volume Issues

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Just got my Apple TV a couple of weeks ago and I'm having issues controlling the volume.

    While using either the TV remote or Apple TV remote, the volume will pop up on the screen as if i'm changing it, but i can only change it up/down by 1. The volume appears to flip up/down beyond that, but to the same number if that makes any sense.

    It's not 100% of the time, and I'm having trouble intentionally recreating it.

    I can usually switch my TV to another app or restart it and then change the volume, but it's pretty annoying. The only other person that said they were having a similar issue said their IR receiver ended up being blocked, and that's not the case for me.

    Any ideas or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/inkcakeandtelevision
    [link] [comments]

    Restrictions

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:08 AM PST

    Rumor has it screentime might be coming to Apple TV. Until it does, has anyone found a workaround to restrict viewing hours?

    submitted by /u/scottwyden
    [link] [comments]

    About controlling TV audio through iPhone

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:02 PM PST

    Hi everybody,

    my Apply TV can volume up or down my TV through the HDMI-CEC functionality.

    The problem is, it only works by the physical remote; if I launch the remote app on my iPhone I can emulate any functionality of the physical remote but this.

    Does anybody know a workaround (until Apple fixes this)?

    Thank you

    P.s. my TV isn't smart, so there is no app for direct control.

    submitted by /u/JustSomebody56
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to buy and keep new movies

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:37 PM PST

    Just a bit of backstory, I've been excited for Zack Snyder's Justice League for a LONG time and the other week we finally somewhat learned how it can be watched in the UK, which is through digital downloads, I'm more of a physical media person but seeing as I don't have much choice I made it my plan was to buy it through iTunes and watch it through my Apple TV but the only option I can see for new releases is to rent. I looked at Wonder Woman 84 and a few others as an example and it's £15.99 just to rent for 2 days, in my opinion that's really not worth it, not only because it's around the price of a newly released blu-Ray but also you only keep it for 2 days.

    So I'm asking and really hoping it's a yes, is there any way to buy (NOT rent) newly added movies ?

    submitted by /u/UberDanz
    [link] [comments]

    1.5Mbps Internet

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:03 PM PST

    Im moving to a place that can only get 4g data and the only unlimited plan that is in my budget throttles to 1.5mbps after the first 5gb.

    Has anyone used the Apple Tv 4k on this speed? I understand I may sit at 480 or 720p depending on compression. I mostly use Netflix, Youtube. Also would Google Tv run better on lower internet speeds? does it have a compression that youtube on Apple Tv doesn't support?

    submitted by /u/alelop
    [link] [comments]

    Need help setting up HomeKit

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    Hi

    I have an Apple TV 4K and I am having trouble setting up HomeKit

    I get the following errors: iCloud mismatch Setup error -6753

    Do I need to set up HomeKit with the iCloud I used to setup the Apple TV (I don't remember which one I used)

    Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/raiders4life7
    [link] [comments]

    Multi Language Listening (request)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:26 PM PST

    Not sure where to start with this request. I started over at r/Roku but they banned me for saying this. How sweet would it be if during private listening aka watching a movie with headphones, you could CHANGE THE LANGUAGE PER HEADSET. Picture this. A multi-language family gathers and are all able watch the same movie in their native tongue at the same time. There it is, worthy of getting banned from r/Roku. Thoughts??

    submitted by /u/NotSteveHarrington
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to use the old generation's YouTube/Netflix apps on the 4K?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:46 PM PST

    So I've put off upgrading to the AppleTV 4k for a long time now. I can't stand the 4k's YouTube or Netflix apps, but with the prior gen removing HBO, practically all the apps to watch NFL games on, and now YouTube, I don't really have any other options. I'm 100% fine with watching the ads on YouTube, but I want the option to only watch ads at the beginning of the video, not 69x over the course of a 15 min video. With Netflix, I absolutely hate that it auto-plays trailers when hovering over any icon; it makes it feel stressful as if you have to move quickly enough to avoid the trailer. I'm down with the 4k capabilities and the app store allowing you to download apps, but I use my Macbook or phone for anything other than YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. I would have upgraded two years ago, but I perceive my most used apps to major downgrades on the current gen. I'm fully aware of this being a first world problem, but I would appreciate it if anyone had any workarounds - especially for YouTube

    submitted by /u/MeerK4T
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a quick way to link AirPods?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:22 PM PST

    So I've taken to working out on the treadmill and there's a Apple TV 4K in that room. I can't hear the TV speakers over the machine and using my AirPods Pro have been working really well but it's such a pain in the ass.

    I have to first select my profile. Then manually navigate down to select my AirPods using the TV screen looking button on the Apple TV app on my iPhone. And then I have to do it all again in reverse when I disconnect the AirPods after my workout. If I don't, the AirPods stay connected to the Apple TV and that creates a whole host of issues.

    Is there an easier way to do all this? Is there a way for me to just point my AirPods at the tv with just my phone in some setting I haven't thought of yet?

    submitted by /u/xanksnap
    [link] [comments]

    Crackling/lag with Stereo HomePods connected to Apple TV

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:02 PM PST

    Over the last month or so, I have had a lot of cracking/breaks in sound when doing anything on scene that creates sound (opening an app, going to the Home Screen from within an all or selecting a show in Netflix). But, once the content starts, it's fine. No sounds issues.

    Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? I haven't tried to completely reset my Apple TV, but that's my last resort.

    submitted by /u/UnReal_Orbit19
    [link] [comments]

    Using Apple TV apps without cable...

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Currently I am a cable subscriber. For my AppleTV, any time I want to use just about any channel I just log in with my cable subscription. (simple enough)

    If I cancel my cable, how do I access all of those channel apps? Do I subscribe to each one individually, or do I need to find some other basic provider? What do others whom have cut cable do?

    submitted by /u/NateBrazil
    [link] [comments]

    ‘Roar’: Nicole Kidman, Cynthia Erivo, Merritt Wever & Alison Brie To Star In Anthology Series From ‘GLOW’ Creators Ordered At Apple

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Can’t get turn off TV setting to work with my Apple TV 4

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:24 AM PST

    I have the setting on my Apple TV 4 HD to turn on / off the TV with the Apple remote but it only works on one of two TVs that I own. The main living room TV it seems to flicker like it wants to turn off the TV but it doesn't . The bedroom TV is a different brand and it turns on / off with the Apple TV remote . Any solution? I don't see any settings on the TV itself to give me this option.

    submitted by /u/Adv2k169XLplusCats
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV stopped sending 5.1 in auto mode

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:54 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have an Apple TV 4K connected to an LG OLED 65" B9, which is connected by HDMI ARC to a SK10Y soundbar.

    I have always had Apple TV audio settings on Auto, but around 6 months ago something happened.
    Now the auto mode only gives me stereo PCM when playing 5.1 content.
    If I change the ATV settings to 5.1 it works, but then Atmos won't be recognized.

    I thought that this was due to some update in the TV or ATV, but just remembered it and it still is the same.

    Does anyone know why this happened and if there is any way of fixing it?
    Is it an ATV or TV related issue?

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/trebag
    [link] [comments]

    Why do streaming apps suck on Apple TV?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PST

    I have had an Apple TV for a while now and it was my only media box for the last 4 years, I always thought the streaming apps were OK until recently that I bought a Xbox Series S and played around with the same apps just to find out that are far better on the Xbox. For starters the Prime Video app on the ATV doesn't let me skip the occasional ad or movie/tv show trailer, unless I skip forward, It doesn't show the skip intro button at the beginning of tv shows... The Netflix app lacks the top 10s and upcoming shows coming to the platform. Why don't they put the same features on all platforms? It baffles me. I can't justify having a gaming console turned on just to stream shows, having an Apple TV but I would love to have all those features in the small box too.

    submitted by /u/monwentworth_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel